PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues Another one bites the bust

HC_Chief
10-15-2008, 12:10 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081015/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iraq

<h1>US troops kill No. 2 leader of al-Qaida in Iraq</h1>

By KIM GAMEL, Associated Press Writer Wed Oct 15, 9:25 AM ET

BAGHDAD - American troops acting on a tip killed the No. 2 leader of al-Qaida in Iraq a Moroccan known for his ability to recruit and motivate foreign fighters in a raid in the northern city of Mosul, the U.S. military said Wednesday.

The military statement described the man, known as Abu Qaswarah, as a charismatic leader who had trained in Afghanistan and managed to rally al-Qaida followers in Iraq despite U.S. and Iraqi security gains.

U.S. troops killed Abu Qaswarah, also known as Abu Sara, on Oct. 5 after coming under fire during a raid on a building that served as an al-Qaida in Iraq "key command and control location for" in Mosul, the military said.

Abu Qaswarah one of five insurgents killed was later been positively identified, the military said, without elaborating.

The insurgent leader became the senior al-Qaida in Iraq emir of northern Iraq in June 2007 and had "historic ties to AQI founder Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and senior al-Qaida leaders in Afghanistan and Pakistan," the military said.

It called him "al-Qaida in Iraq's second-in-command" as the senior operational leader for al-Zarqawi's successor, Abu Ayyub al-Masri, also known as Abu Hamza al-Muhajir.

Driscoll said Abu Qaswarah directed the smuggling of foreign terrorists into northern Iraq and reportedly killed those who tried to return to their homelands rather than carry out suicide bombings and other attacks against Iraqis.

The announcement would indicate that al-Qaida in Iraq's leadership has maintained a presence despite recent reports that many had fled to Afghanistan and Pakistan where fighting has been on the rise.

Abu Qaswarah was described by the military as a "charismatic AQI leader who rallied AQI's northern network in the wake of major setbacks to the terrorist organization across Iraq."

The death of the senior al-Qaida in Iraq leader will cause a major disruption to the terror network, particularly in northern Iraq, the military said.

Nationwide violence has declined drastically over the past year, particularly in Baghdad, but the U.S. military has consistently warned al-Qaida in Iraq and other insurgents remain a serious threat.

HC_Chief
10-15-2008, 12:11 PM
DUST!!! NOT BUST!! Dear lord, why can't we edit thread titles?! ROFL

Donger
10-15-2008, 12:12 PM
I love biting busts. Just a little nibble, mind you, not a full-on chomp.

Frankie
10-15-2008, 12:15 PM
How many #2s does Al-Qaede have? we have killed a multitude of them? I suupose this guy at one point was #196.

HC_Chief
10-15-2008, 12:16 PM
How many #2s does Al-Qaede have? we have killed a multitude of them? I suupose this guy at one point was #196.

Yep. We have swatted them down like flies. Apparently with each one it gets a bit easier, as the new guys are neither as experienced nor as effective.

Donger
10-15-2008, 12:19 PM

They seem to have a decent "promote from within" policy.

"Abu! Congratulations! You've been promoted (thanks to Hussein being blown to bits by .50 caliber Yankee imperialist shells...)!"

StcChief
10-15-2008, 12:20 PM
DUST!!! NOT BUST!! Dear lord, why can't we edit thread titles?! ROFLa favorite pass time... teasing bite, nibble....

the whiners will show up being mis-lead about title looking for a different story

Ultra Peanut
10-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Just to clarify, this isn't the real AQ's #2. This is the group that sprang up when we went into Iraq. Cool beans, though it's kind of like walking down an up escalator when it comes to them.

Amnorix
10-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Very nice.

RJ
10-15-2008, 01:30 PM
Is that bust as in female breast or bust as in a head statue sort of thing?

vailpass
10-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Rot in hell camel fucker and take a few thousand Iranian terrorists with you.

Donger
10-15-2008, 01:33 PM
All we are doing is making more terrorists with this aggressive, belligerent behavior.

vailpass
10-15-2008, 01:34 PM
All we are doing is making more terrorists with this aggressive, belligerent behavior.

ROFL
Exactly right. We need to stop pursuing them and start scheduling face-to-face talks instead.

HC_Chief

Target Rich Environment

Bowser
Big fan

Thig Lyfe
10-15-2008, 02:18 PM

We created the Iraq chapter of Al-Qaeda with our aggressive, belligerent behavior. This news is just us cleaning up our own mistakes.

ROFL
Exactly right. We need to stop pursuing them and start scheduling face-to-face talks instead.
:rolleyes: Yeah, that's what Obama wants to do. Sit down with terrorist groups. That's it.

Obama wants to aggressively stop Al-Qaeda where it actually exists instead of invading a country with no actual ties to Al-Qaeda under false pretenses.

If we had concentrated on Afghanistan, bin Laden might have been caught by now. That's Obama's philosophy.

But everything's black-and-white with you people. Go on thinking he's Dr. Phil. Whatever.

vailpass
10-15-2008, 02:28 PM
We created the Iraq chapter of Al-Qaeda with our aggressive, belligerent behavior. This news is just us cleaning up our own mistakes.

:rolleyes: Yeah, that's what Obama wants to do. Sit down with terrorist groups. That's it.

Obama wants to aggressively stop Al-Qaeda where it actually exists instead of invading a country with no actual ties to Al-Qaeda under false pretenses.

If we had concentrated on Afghanistan, bin Laden might have been caught by now. That's Obama's philosophy.

But everything's black-and-white with you people. Go on thinking he's Dr. Phil. Whatever.

Donger, do you want to tell him or should I?

triple
10-15-2008, 02:30 PM
should have had the president sit down and negotiate with him

irishjayhawk
10-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Yep. We have swatted them down like flies. Apparently with each one it gets a bit easier, as the new guys are neither as experienced nor as effective.

Or they keep telling people they're #2 to ease people.

I mean saying they killed a member who was #175 isn't much of a headline nor a propaganda piece.

HC_Chief
10-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Or they keep telling people they're #2 to ease people.

I mean saying they killed a member who was #175 isn't much of a headline nor a propaganda piece.

You're probably right... this IS an AP report after all, and we all know how they're pro-US, pro-Army, pro-War in Iraq types.

Donger
10-15-2008, 02:34 PM

Look, I agree with you. We DID create these people. If we just understood them better, I have no doubt that they would be selling ice cream to kids right now instead of chopping off our war criminal countrymens' heads.

We're on the same team, sport.

Frankie
10-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Rot in hell camel ****er and take a few thousand Iranian terrorists with you.

:rolleyes: :shake:

Frankie
10-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Every once in a while we kill an "Al Qaede #2," and a few planeteers form a circle jerk only to AGAIN realize:

1- These guys are not the real Al Qaede.

2- These guys are dime-a-dozen. We can brand them #2 all we want, but it really is NOT a major accomplishment.

Donger
10-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Every once in a while we kill an "Al Qaede #2," and a few planeteers form a circle jerk only to AGAIN realize:

1- These guys are not the real Al Qaede.

2- These guys are dime-a-dozen. We can brand them #2 all we want, but it really is NOT a major accomplishment.

Agreed. Each time we kill one, four more take his place. We need to understand the root cause of their hatred.

irishjayhawk
10-15-2008, 02:44 PM
You're probably right... this IS an AP report after all, and we all know how they're pro-US, pro-Army, pro-War in Iraq types.

Oh, you mean how the pentagon told outlets we only killed 9 in Afghanistan but it was actually 30, as they admitted later?

Duck Dog
10-15-2008, 02:58 PM

I know you are trying to distract from the good news but ever hear of the promotion system?

BIG_DADDY
10-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Outstanding

StcChief
10-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Agreed. Each time we kill one, four more take his place. We need to understand the root cause of their hatred.

if we'd all stop being Infidels and just convert to Islam.. Then and only then may start to not wanna cut off our heads....

but being once a non-Muslim were probably F'ed anyway.

better just turn all our money etc over to them, they deserve it. Bring out Burkas for all women. get rid of the cars and get camels.

DaneMcCloud
10-15-2008, 03:22 PM
I'll be happier when they've killed #5,000

patteeu
10-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Talk about bad luck. If poor Mr. Qaswarah had only been able to hang on a few more months, Obama might have won the election and surrendered in time to save this poor fellow's life.

Frankie
10-15-2008, 03:29 PM
I know you are trying to distract from the good news but ever hear of the promotion system?

No, I'm trying to put a REALITY filter over this. The promotion system is of no importance. It's not like promoting a good employee to VP of GM through interviews and great consideration of resumes.

Duck Dog
10-15-2008, 04:10 PM
No, I'm trying to put a REALITY filter over this. The promotion system is of no importance. It's not like promoting a good employee to VP of GM through interviews and great consideration of resumes.

I'm pretty sure I understand the concept that when one falls one will take his place.

mikey23545
10-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Damn if that poor fucker had hung on a few more months he might have wound up as a guest of honor at the White House....

vailpass
10-16-2008, 10:10 AM
:rolleyes: :shake:

Why don't you take your sorry ass back to that terrorist shit-hole and smell the left hands of your jihad buddies?
I envision a day when petroleum becomes obsolete, rendering places like Iran impoverished and broken. The West will open our doors to your young and those Iranians who are progressive and want to leave the culture of terror and religious dictatorship.

What remains of your people will be too poor to commit the cowardly acts of terror they do today; too poor to try to enter into the nuclear age (not that they won't be bombed into oblivion should those sheet-wearing bastards ever develop a nuke weapon).

Iran as it is today creates far more trouble than it solves, does far more harm than good. The world would be better off without Iran as it stands today.

Frankie
10-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Why don't you take your sorry ass back to that terrorist shit-hole and smell the left hands of your jihad buddies?
I envision a day when petroleum becomes obsolete, rendering places like Iran impoverished and broken. The West will open our doors to your young and those Iranians who are progressive and want to leave the culture of terror and religious dictatorship.

What remains of your people will be too poor to commit the cowardly acts of terror they do today; too poor to try to enter into the nuclear age (not that they won't be bombed into oblivion should those sheet-wearing bastards ever develop a nuke weapon).

Iran as it is today creates far more trouble than it solves, does far more harm than good. The world would be better off without Iran as it stands today.

Name ONE Iranian terrorist, you sub-neanderthal moron. Is there one in Gitmo? Was there one involved in 9/11? Your every post is more evidence of what most folks on this forum know about you; if not for abject ignorance your brain would be totally empty.

Ultra Peanut
10-16-2008, 03:23 PM

But everything's black-and-white with you people. Go on thinking he's Dr. Phil. Whatever.But if we hadn't invaded Iraq, we wouldn't have been able to kill the members of "Al Qaeda in Iraq."*

*Because it wouldn't exist, and these people would be scattered about going to college and trying to mack on chicks in Lebanon and Syria or wherever.