PDA

View Full Version : Elections Murtha: Western Pa. 'racist' but Obama should win

Donger
10-15-2008, 03:10 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D93R4AS82&show_article=1

PITTSBURGH (AP) - U.S. Rep. John Murtha says his home base of western Pennsylvania is racist and that could reduce Barack Obama's victory margin in the state by 4 percentage points.

The 17-term Democratic congressman tells the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in a story posted Wednesday on its Web site that, as he put it: "There is no question that western Pennsylvania is a racist area."

He says it's taken time for many Pennsylvania voters to come around to liking Obama, but he should still win the state, though not in a runaway.

In a separate interview posted Wednesday on the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's Web site, Murtha says Obama has a problem with the race issue in western Pennsylvania that could shave 4 points off his lead in the state.

dirk digler
10-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Murtha is an idiot and should keep his mouth shut.

Donger
10-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Murtha is an idiot and should keep his mouth shut.

Why? It's his region. Surely he knows it better than, say, you do?

dirk digler
10-15-2008, 03:16 PM

Of course he knows it better but why publicize it? All this does is stir up anger and other nonsense.

Donger
10-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Of course he knows it better but why publicize it? All this does is stir up anger and other nonsense.

Never hide from the truth.

underEJ
10-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Murtha isn't an idiot, he's just full of pork (the earmark kind,) and always votes the party line. In any party, I always question representatives who don't deviate from the party ever. That can't really be representative of his constituency every single issue, can it? His comments are highly respected when congress adresses military issues.

dirk digler
10-15-2008, 03:22 PM

I am curious since he calls his own constituents racist does that make him racist or palling around with racists?

mlyonsd
10-15-2008, 03:28 PM
I am curious since he calls his own constituents racist does that make him racist or palling around with racists?

ROFL Does that mean Murtha takes campaign contributions from racists?

dirk digler
10-15-2008, 03:30 PM
ROFL Does that mean Murtha takes campaign contributions from racists?

Obviously he would have to.

I wonder when this jackass is up for re-election?

jAZ
10-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Why is this noteworthy or objectionable?

oldandslow
10-15-2008, 03:43 PM

He would have to be...every two years for congresspeople.

mlyonsd
10-15-2008, 03:46 PM

Is it bothering you it's taking up front page space on your bash McCain/Palin forum?

RJ
10-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Anyone ever traveled through that region where Western Pa and Ohio and West Virginia come together? I think Murtha is probably right.

dirk digler
10-15-2008, 03:49 PM
He would have to be...every two years for congresspeople.

Good maybe the racists will vote his racist ass out.

jAZ
10-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Is it bothering you it's taking up front page space on your bash McCain/Palin forum?

No, I actually don't find it objectionable, so I find it odd, rather than bothersome.

Taco John
10-15-2008, 03:53 PM

This forum was almost exclusively a bash Obama forum for at least six months. It got pretty bad here until McCain picked Palin as a runningmate. The rest is history.

I have a feeling that after Big Tuesday, this forum is going to convert back to a bash Obama forum.

Calcountry
10-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Is it bothering you it's taking up front page space on your bash McCain/Palin forum?It is only noteworthy if Jaz would have saw fit to post it himself.

dirk digler
10-15-2008, 03:57 PM
I have a feeling that after Big Tuesday, this forum is going to convert back to a bash Obama forum.

At that point who cares he wins they lose and I am happy.

Calcountry
10-15-2008, 03:58 PM
This forum was almost exclusively a bash Obama forum for at least six months. It got pretty bad here until McCain picked Palin as a runningmate. The rest is history.

I have a feeling that after Big Tuesday, this forum is going to convert back to a bash Obama forum.lolROFL

BIG_DADDY
10-15-2008, 03:58 PM

Fuck Obama. If he does win you are going to see a division in this country like you have never seen before. Wait till you see the race riots after some clown puts a cap in his ass.

dirk digler
10-15-2008, 04:02 PM
**** Obama. If he does win you are going to see a division in this country like you have never seen before. Wait till you see the race riots after some clown puts a cap in his ass.

I think you will be wrong and surprised how well Obama will do.

HolmeZz
10-15-2008, 04:03 PM
**** Obama. If he does win you are going to see a division in this country like you have never seen before. Wait till you see the race riots after some clown puts a cap in his ass.

What a swell human being you are.

StcChief
10-15-2008, 04:05 PM
**** Obama. If he does win you are going to see a division in this country like you have never seen before. Wait till you see the race riots after some clown puts a cap in his ass.well
his head is there already so it should be easy....

they try rioting in our area. You've never seen as many angry NRA types with lots of guns...

HolmeZz
10-15-2008, 04:06 PM
well
his head is there already so it should be easy....

they try rioting in our area. You've never seen as many angry NRA types with lots of guns...

RACE WAR FTW

Donger
10-15-2008, 04:07 PM

A US Congressman called his own constituents racist isn't noteworthy?

BIG_DADDY
10-15-2008, 04:10 PM
What a swell human being you are.

How does what I think will happen have anything to do with what kind of human being I am?

Pablo
10-15-2008, 04:11 PM
F*ck yeah...someone's gonna shoot Osama, then I get to pull out the .270 and blast darkies runnin through the streets!

Life is bliss.

StcChief
10-15-2008, 04:13 PM
A US Congressman called his own constituents racist isn't noteworthy? he's corrupt old Liberal Coot that should have been voted out years ago. but your depending on Philly Phans to do it.. :)

Calcountry
10-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Seriously, go back and dig up all the shit posts about Bush over the past 4 years, because 8 would crash CP, now insert Barack Obama where appropriate. Tell me you don't think the poster is a racist? Be honest now.

jAZ
10-15-2008, 04:35 PM
A US Congressman called his own constituents racist isn't noteworthy?
The racism that exists in Western PA isn't any great revealation, sorry. As it relates to the election, it's old news. Remember Obama's supposed Appalachia Problem? The news isn't that Murtha has the balls to confront something like this publicly. It's that despite McCain's endless efforts, Obama is connecting with these people despite their racial views. Talk about a post-racial moment. We are watching history.

That's amazing.

Donger
10-15-2008, 04:38 PM
The racism that exists in Western PA isn't any great revealation, sorry. As it relates to the election, it's old news. Remember Obama's supposed Appalachia Problem? The news isn't that Murtha has the balls to confront something like this publicly. It's that despite McCain's endless efforts, Obama is connecting with these people despite their racial views. Talk about a post-racial moment. We are watching history.

That's amazing.

Unless I read Murtha's comments wrong, he is saying that Barack Hussein will win Pennsylvania WITHOUT the votes of his racist constituents.

Nice try spinning it, though.

jAZ
10-15-2008, 04:38 PM
How does what I think will happen have anything to do with what kind of human being I am?

Ummm... didn't you just post a reply that blamed Obama for starting race riots because he gets elected and then killed?

That's how it read to me.

jAZ
10-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Unless I read Murtha's comments wrong, he is saying that Barack Hussein will win Pennsylvania WITHOUT the votes of his racist constituents.

Nice try spinning it, though.
No spin, I read the post wrong. I thought he was saying Obama would win Western PA. But you're right, that's not what he's saying.

That is what's happening though. That's why states in the Appalacian region are in play when they shouldn't be. The times and the candidate are overcoming the Republican smears.

If Obama wins, it will be in part because people who previously would be considered racist, saw past the attacks and the skin color and got comfortable with Obama and many of them voted for him.

Donger
10-15-2008, 04:44 PM
No spin, I read the post wrong. I thought he was saying Obama would win Western PA. But you're right, that's not what he's saying.

That is what's happening though. That's why states in the Appalacian region are in play when they shouldn't be. The times and the candidate are overcoming the Republican smears.

If Obama wins, it will be in part because people who previously would be considered racist, saw past the attacks and the skin color and got comfortable with Obama and many of them voted for him.

Fair enough. Did you manage to sway your racist relatives toward Barack Hussein, BTW?

jAZ
10-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Fair enough. Did you manage to sway your racist relatives toward Barack Hussein, BTW?

I was wondering about that the other day. I haven't talked to them about it in a while. Was trying to find a way to ask without starting a debate. Suprisingly enough, I try to avoid debating politics much outside of this forum.

***SPRAYER
10-15-2008, 04:59 PM
The 17-term Democratic congressman tells the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in a story posted Wednesday on its Web site that, as he put it: "There is no question that western Pennsylvania is a racist area."

Well, duh.

WHITE PEOPLE LIVE THERE.

:drool:

whoman69
10-15-2008, 09:35 PM

Would you give the same advice to a married couple? The truth doesn't always set you free when all it does is cause hurt.

whoman69
10-15-2008, 09:42 PM

I know you think you're being very clever by using Obama's middle name. I'll believe your continued stories about how its just an innocent use of the man's middle name when I see you refer to the other candidate by his middle name. But I've never seen you use John Sidney in any of your responses. Your use of the name is prejudicial. When the name was given to him I don't think anyone in this country even knew who the other Hussein was.

Donger
10-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Would you give the same advice to a married couple? The truth doesn't always set you free when all it does is cause hurt.

Yes.

Donger
10-15-2008, 10:23 PM
I know you think you're being very clever by using Obama's middle name. I'll believe your continued stories about how its just an innocent use of the man's middle name when I see you refer to the other candidate by his middle name. But I've never seen you use John Sidney in any of your responses. Your use of the name is prejudicial. When the name was given to him I don't think anyone in this country even knew who the other Hussein was.

I've answered this question multiple times. It really isn't my problem that you haven't been paying attention.

whoman69
10-16-2008, 02:01 PM
I've answered this question multiple times. It really isn't my problem that you haven't been paying attention.

Unlike McCain last night in the debate, I have been paying attention to your responses. I just don't believe them. Its a simple stunt to prejudicially mark Obama as a Muslim. Still haven't seen you call McCain John Sidney.

Amnorix
10-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Unlike McCain last night in the debate, I have been paying attention to your responses. I just don't believe them. Its a simple stunt to prejudicially mark Obama as a Muslim. Still haven't seen you call McCain John Sidney.

Let me help.

1. It dials up Democrats, which amuses him.

2. It's an accurate statement, which is short and simple to type.

3. He's not a fan of Obama.

4. Did I mention that it dials up Obama supporters?

What else do you really need to know? I refer to that fool POTUS we are currently stuck with as "BushCo", "BushBaby" and "that f***ing moron" for similar reasons.

Amnorix
10-16-2008, 02:11 PM

It may well be accurate to state that, for good or for bad, the reality is that it takes a near perfect storm to get a minority candidate in as POTUS. Certainly, the Democrats could never imagine being handed a better set of circumstances for them to win the Presidency.

Bill Parcells
10-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Anyone ever traveled through that region where Western Pa and Ohio and West Virginia come together? I think Murtha is probably right.

They called me a ''flatlander'' around them parts one time.

ROFL

RaiderH8r
10-16-2008, 02:53 PM

Right now. He's a House member so, ya know, every two years. He'll get re elected though.

"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet

RaiderH8r
10-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Well, duh.

WHITE PEOPLE LIVE THERE.

:drool:

Rural white people who are bitter and cling to their guns and religion. Murtha's been spending too much time with the urbane sophisticates that define his party's leadership.

Der Flöprer
10-16-2008, 03:14 PM

Surely he just committed career suicide.