PDA

View Full Version : Elections The storyline of the debate is McCain is a grumpy old man

dirk digler
10-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Alot of things are going to seal the fate of McCain but his temperament and his displays of anger and facial expressions have to be one of the main reasons why he is losing especially in the debates

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EASpPlcVbdI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EASpPlcVbdI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr. Laz
10-15-2008, 11:40 PM
yep ..... i think he may of just sealed his fate tonight with his petty, petulant attitude and lack of emotional control.

he didn't look at all "presidential" and that was his main talking point to choose him over Obama ... that he was more prepared.

he didn't look prepared at all

dirk digler
10-15-2008, 11:45 PM
yep ..... i think he may of just sealed his fate tonight with his petty, petulant attitude and lack of emotional control.

he didn't look at all "presidential" and that was his main talking point to choose him over Obama ... that he was more prepared.

he didn't look prepared at all

I agree. I loved the look on his face when he said Obama didn't understand the Columbia trade deal and then Obama cleaned his clock with his answer and McCain just had this look of shock on it

Mr. Laz
10-15-2008, 11:47 PM
I agree. I loved the look on his face when he said Obama didn't understand the Columbia trade deal and then Obama cleaned his clock with his answer and McCain just had this look of shock on it
it happened several times

the more calm and thoughtful Obama was about his answers the more pissed off McCain seem to get.

THAT is Presidential

McCain would make a good attack dog VP .... but not even close to President.

BigRedChief
10-16-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm glad it wasn't just me. Maybe I had my Dem blinders on?

He looked pissed off and angry and when he wasn't looking like that he looked smug and self righteous.

Goapics1
10-16-2008, 08:08 AM
I'm glad it wasn't just me. Maybe I had my Dem blinders on?

He looked pissed off and angry and when he wasn't looking like that he looked smug and self righteous.

I agree with you. He did seem smug and grumpy all night.

BigRedChief
10-16-2008, 09:57 AM
I agree with you. He did seem smug and grumpy all night.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/16/article-1077438-0221AA4B000005DC-217_308x222.jpg

triple
10-16-2008, 09:58 AM
so what website do you frequent to obtain these talking points which your propagate around the web?

Mecca
10-16-2008, 10:00 AM
so what website do you frequent to obtain these talking points which your propagate around the web?

Um it's pretty obvious to anyone who watches it, McCain is almost on Bob Dole level.

jAZ
10-16-2008, 10:04 AM

it happened several times

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ao5V66m5FaA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ao5V66m5FaA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

triple
10-16-2008, 10:06 AM
Um it's pretty obvious to anyone who watches it, McCain is almost on Bob Dole level.

on the contrary, while I have been critical of his other performances, I think last night's was very strong. He illustrated how Obama's economic ideas are all predicated on redistributing your wealth based on how he thinks it should be distributed, how half-baked tax proposals impact hard working people, and how raising anyone's taxes in a recession is a bad idea and is just going to sink things further.

It was by far his strongest performance. You guys that hated him already are probably just further irritated because of that.

RJ
10-16-2008, 10:12 AM
on the contrary, while I have been critical of his other performances, I think last night's was very strong. He illustrated how Obama's economic ideas are all predicated on redistributing your wealth based on how he thinks it should be distributed, how half-baked tax proposals impact hard working people, and how raising anyone's taxes in a recession is a bad idea and is just going to sink things further.

It was by far his strongest performance. You guys that hated him already are probably just further irritated because of that.

I agree it was his strongest performance. He came out swinging and at first I thought Obama might go off balance. But Obama kept his cool like he always does and it seemed like McCain used up all his good stuff early. Of course, that may be fine if a large % of the audience didn't watch the whole thing.

FWIW, I think this race is far from over, though the odds right now certainly favor Obama.

triple
10-16-2008, 10:19 AM
I agree it was his strongest performance. He came out swinging and at first I thought Obama might go off balance. But Obama kept his cool like he always does and it seemed like McCain used up all his good stuff early. Of course, that may be fine if a large % of the audience didn't watch the whole thing.

FWIW, I think this race is far from over, though the odds right now certainly favor Obama.

I've not always agreed with people on that, I thought McCain was poor in the first debate but has been stronger in each to follow. But after the first one I talked to a lot of people I know and they thought he did well.

All he needed to do this whole time was to highlight the fact that it's absurd to try to tax the country into prosperity. People inherently understand that. nobody wins elections running on "I'm going to raise your tax burden." They hide behind things like the income tax versus jacking them up elsewhere in places that you're still going to feel it, but they never run on what the idea actually is. He's got to expose it. He has not done well at it so far.

Everyone acts like the economy is a slam dunk, but if people smartly go into the booth thinking, "I don't know where my job is going to be in a couple of months, my employer is on the brink, and here's this guy who is going to jack up their taxes, that might put me in the unemployment line" or something like that he can win.

I think McCain is behind truthfully in the 3 or 4 point range at the moment. He's obviously not down 15, no modern election can be decided at that wide of a margin. Something screwy is going on with the polls from these old media outlets. He's behind the 8 ball, but a lot of people have not made decisions.

dirk digler
10-16-2008, 10:20 AM

I use all of my 5 senses.

If you look at all the polling data and all of the focus groups it confirms that I was right.

triple
10-16-2008, 10:25 AM
I use all of my 5 senses.

If you look at all the polling data and all of the focus groups it confirms that I was right.

You have to really be naive to think that these 20 goofballs that CNN picked out proves you're right.

dirk digler
10-16-2008, 10:50 AM
You have to really be naive to think that these 20 goofballs that CNN picked out proves you're right.

No. Frank Luntz focus group, another focus group in KC and there were a couple others.

His mannerism's and his facial expressions came off as grumpy and it shows that he has a bad temperament.

The same thing happened to Gore in 2000 with his sighing all the time.

triple
10-16-2008, 10:52 AM
No. Frank Luntz focus group, another focus group in KC and there were a couple others.

His mannerism's and his facial expressions came off as grumpy and it shows that he has a bad temperament.

The same thing happened to Gore in 2000 with his sighing all the time.

Show me a voter who chooses based on sighs, I'll show you an imbecile who shouldn't be voting anyway.

I could also show you some others who see Obama's snobby attitude come out all the time and not grumpy expressions on the other side of the desk.

BigChiefFan
10-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Zero??

LMAO. That was classic. The DVR sure was useful last night. McCain had me in stiches.

BigChiefFan
10-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Show me a voter who chooses based on sighs, I'll show you an imbecile who shouldn't be voting anyway.

I could also show you some others who see Obama's snobby attitude come out all the time and not grumpy expressions on the other side of the desk.Red ass got you down?

dirk digler
10-16-2008, 10:58 AM

I could also show you some others who see Obama's snobby attitude come out all the time and not grumpy expressions on the other side of the desk.

If you don't think those things matters to voters then you need to rethink your position. Picking a president for most people is more about personality and how they relate with the common man\woman plus they don't want someone that is grumpy and angry all the time.

triple
10-16-2008, 10:59 AM
If you don't think those things matters to voters then you need to rethink your position. Picking a president for most people is more about personality and how they relate with the common man\woman plus they don't want someone that is grumpy and angry all the time.

I give the American people far more credit than you I suppose.

Dave Lane
10-16-2008, 11:07 AM

# 58 percent of those polled who watched the debate say Obama is the winner
# Poll: Obama's favorable rating up to 66 percent, McCain's down to 49 percent
# 80 percent of debate watchers in poll say McCain was more on the attack

31% said McCain won. Clearly republicans

StcChief
10-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Most Americans wouldn't know a leader if they hit by one with a 2x4.

***SPRAYER
10-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Most Americans wouldn't know a leader if they hit by one with a 2x4.

It is sad that these 0-bots look at that skinny lowlife and see a champion and a hero.

He's going to f'k this country up bad.

whoman69
10-16-2008, 01:50 PM

He just repeated his accusations over and over despite Obama responding to his criticism. It doesn't make him look good to just ignore what the other guy has to say and repeat the same criticism which was just refuted. I thought Obama was frustrated by having to repeat his position over again. If it were me I would have said that I just answered the question, and that if my opponent wants to ignore my answer, repeating his criticism still doesn't make it valid.