PDA

View Full Version : Elections Politico: Joe the Plumber not registered to vote

dirk digler
10-15-2008, 11:54 PM
LMAO

So why do I care what he thinks again?

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/
The Joe file

Two readers with access to the Ohio voter file say that Joe Wurzelbacher's inluence on this cycle will be limited in one way: He doesn't appear to be registered to vote.
(And yes, the freelance opposition research on Joe began before the debate ended.)

OnTheWarpath58
10-15-2008, 11:55 PM
ROFL

WoodDraw
10-15-2008, 11:56 PM
Oh god, that is incredible. Just made my day, hell, weekend. Haha!

HolmeZz
10-16-2008, 12:27 AM
Levi Johnston isn't registered to vote either.

A great GOTV operation the Republicans have got going.

Guru
10-16-2008, 01:03 AM
Maybe this was the year he was going to register. Who knows. Who cares really.

It is funny though.

beer bacon
10-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Ohio has same day registration.

Direckshun
10-16-2008, 01:53 AM
Good lord, the McCain campaign can't get anything right.

dirk digler
10-16-2008, 07:26 AM
Ohio has same day registration.

I went to their website and the cutoff date was Oct 6

PRIEST
10-16-2008, 07:34 AM
:evil: This is just great

BigRedChief
10-16-2008, 07:45 AM
Oh god, that is incredible. Just made my day, hell, weekend. Haha!
Joe the Plumber can't vote?ROFL

King_Chief_Fan
10-16-2008, 07:52 AM
LMAO

So why do I care what he thinks again?

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/
The Joe file

Two readers with access to the Ohio voter file say that Joe Wurzelbacher's inluence on this cycle will be limited in one way: He doesn't appear to be registered to vote.
(And yes, the freelance opposition research on Joe began before the debate ended.)

Too bad for him. But, his message is effective none the less. Taking money from hard working people who have been able to get ahead to give to lazy, uninspired, and no ambition people (redistributin of wealth) is a powerful message.
I agree with Joe and I am registered to vote.

dirk digler
10-16-2008, 09:23 AM
They got it wrong...

Joe Wurzelbacher doesn't immediately turn up in the Ohio voter registration database, leading to some speculation last night that he's not registered to vote.
But the Toledo Blade reports (http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081016/NEWS09/810160418/-1/NEWS) that he appears to be a registered Republican, and a primary voter at that:
Linda Howe, executive director of the Lucas County Board of Elections, said a Samuel Joseph Worzelbacher, whose address and age match Joe the Plumberís, registered in Lucas County on Sept. 10, 1992. He voted in his first primary on March 4, 2008, registering as a Republican.

Ms. Howe said that the name may be misspelled in the database.
(This is, incidentally, the reason people worry about purging the voter rolls. They're such a mess to begin with.)

RJ
10-16-2008, 09:27 AM
I guarantee you ACORN has something to do with this.

BigChiefFan
10-16-2008, 09:30 AM
Joe votes strict Republican...no wonder McCain mentioned him.

gblowfish
10-16-2008, 09:41 AM
I would advise whoever ends up in the White House to stay away from The Plumbers.
It was Nixon's downfall.

BigRedChief
10-16-2008, 09:46 AM
I would advise whoever ends up in the White House to stay away from The Plumbers.
It was Nixon's downfall.ROFL

penchief
10-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Maybe this was the year he was going to register. Who knows. Who cares really.

It is funny though.

I hope if he registers that the republicans will allow his vote to be counted.

Rooster
10-16-2008, 09:53 AM
ROFLROFL Stupid hardworking plumber can't vote. That is great. ROFL

Deberg_1990
03-07-2012, 08:49 AM
He just won the Republican nomination in his home state as he makes a bid for Congress.

Go Joe!!!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/ohios-joe-plumber-gop-nod-congress-15865459

An Ohio plumber thrust into national politics during the 2008 presidential campaign has won the Republican nomination in his home state as he makes a bid for Congress.

Samuel Wurzelbacher gained the nickname "Joe the Plumber" for expressing working-class concerns about taxes to then-candidate Barack Obama during a stop to the region.

The Toledo-area plumber defeated Steve Kraus, a Sandusky real estate agent, early Wednesday to grab the GOP nomination in Ohio's 9th Congressional District.

He faces an uphill climb in the fall against veteran U.S. Rep. Marcy Kaptur, who won the Democratic primary. The newly drawn district snaking along the Lake Erie shoreline from Toledo to Cleveland tilts toward Democrats

KILLER_CLOWN
03-07-2012, 08:59 AM
Did he register to run?

SNR
03-07-2012, 01:14 PM
He just won the Republican nomination in his home state as he makes a bid for Congress.

Go Joe!!!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/ohios-joe-plumber-gop-nod-congress-15865459

An Ohio plumber thrust into national politics during the 2008 presidential campaign has won the Republican nomination in his home state as he makes a bid for Congress.

Samuel Wurzelbacher gained the nickname "Joe the Plumber" for expressing working-class concerns about taxes to then-candidate Barack Obama during a stop to the region.

The Toledo-area plumber defeated Steve Kraus, a Sandusky real estate agent, early Wednesday to grab the GOP nomination in Ohio's 9th Congressional District.

He faces an uphill climb in the fall against veteran U.S. Rep. Marcy Kaptur, who won the Democratic primary. The newly drawn district snaking along the Lake Erie shoreline from Toledo to Cleveland tilts toward DemocratsDamn. The American electorate truly will vote for just about anybody

BigCatDaddy
03-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Damn. The American electorate truly will vote for just about anybody

It defeated some guy tied to Sandusky so I imagine the choice wasn't too hard.