PDA

View Full Version : Elections Why Ayers, Wright and ACORN matter

donkhater
10-16-2008, 07:56 AM
I've got to hand it to the Obama campaign. They came up with a strategy that was freaking brilliant.

They have molded Obama into a new kind of candidate, one that is above all the mud slinging and name calling. One that says any negative ads or deviatation from the issues really isn't called for in this election. Sowing these seeds have been brilliant for two reasons.

1. Does anyone really think that a politician that comes through the most politically corrupt city in America is a new kind of politiican? If anything he would be the biggest snake of them all.

2. Any references to Obama's shaky past can then just be brushed off as playing politics and not sticking to the issues. Why is this important? Because without those associations, one really doesn't know what Obama stands for.

Any time McCain comes out with a new plan or attempt to show himself as a conservative or rebel, Obama just points to his voting record and career in the legislature as what he truly believes. I admit, I believe McCain's voting record more than I believe in what's coming out of his mouth. Actions do speak louder than words.

But in Obama's case, words are all that we can go on. What piece of legislation can anyone point to that defines what this man truly believes in? Is his liberal voting record now off limits? He voted for this ridiculous bailout plan (which BTW was Bush's baby). That should tell anyone right away he isn't concerned about real change.

So in the absence of a voting record to fall back on, the only way we can get a glimpse as to what this man truly believes is to look at his associations and affiliations through out his life. Actions speak louder than words.

As I've said--brilliant. The only avenue that the public has to get a glimpse into what Obama believes has been shut down by his campaign as being 'negative'. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if this strategy was planned four years ago which is why Obama hasn't produced any legislation in the Senate during that time. The paper trail could be held against him--this can't.

BigRedChief
10-16-2008, 07:59 AM
News Flash for ya............Nobody cares but the Republican base. This is a snoozer.

DaKCMan AP
10-16-2008, 08:19 AM
Why they don't matter:

More CNN polls:

How much do you care about Obama's connection to Ayers?
A great deal 23
somewhat 14
not much 11
not at all 51

KCJohnny
10-16-2008, 09:00 AM
<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/nGnTmhmIoik" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="525" height="340" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

I bet this guy cares.

BigChiefFan
10-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Newsflash: KCJ is a partisan hack, who will stoop to new levels to justify his hatred for Obama. Looks like others have joined the fray. How sweet.

KCJohnny
10-16-2008, 09:14 AM
Newsflash: KCJ is a partisan hack, who will stoop to new levels to justify his hatred for Obama. Looks like others have joined the fray. How sweet.

I love replies like this. They stimulate discussion and reveal the depth of knowledge of this community.

BigChiefFan
10-16-2008, 09:15 AM
I love replies like this. They stimulate discussion and reveal the depth of knowledge of this community. Yep, you bring so much to civil discussion, just following your lead.

donkhater
10-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Why they don't matter:

More CNN polls:

How much do you care about Obama's connection to Ayers?
A great deal 23
somewhat 14
not much 11
not at all 51

I didn't say that the public cares about Obama's association with Ayers. I'm saying that the connection matters since there is so little legislative and governing history regarding Obama that associations like these are all we have to get a picture of his true beliefs.

Your poll is evidence of the brilliance of the campaign's strategy. It does not speak to the relevance of these associations.

penchief
10-16-2008, 09:51 AM
<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/nGnTmhmIoik" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="525" height="340" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

I bet this guy cares.

Hey HypocriteJohnny, what do you think about John McCain hiring a lobbyist for Saddam Hussein to run his presidential transition team?

whoman69
10-16-2008, 01:57 PM
McCain started out the campaign stating that he was going to keep this election above board and that the most important qualification for vp was someone able to take over day one. He took the political convenience route on both. If he is not able to state with clarity why his policies would be different from the President he's going to lose. He calls Obama and empty shirt and then gives a convention speech in which he does not give one specific on how he will fix the problems in Washington. Here's his campaign in a nutshell: POW, Maverick, Ayers. He has not given anyone any reason why to vote for him, just reasons not to vote for the other guy.

Sully
10-16-2008, 02:47 PM
McCain started out the campaign stating that he was going to keep this election above board.
But then Obama wouldn't do his "town hall" debates, so he decided it was okay.