PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues The more i get to know John McCain..

Mr. Laz
10-16-2008, 10:46 AM
the less i like him.

Seriously, when all this started, i was of the opinion that if Hillary Clinton got the nomination i would be going into the campaign initially has a McCain supporter.

1. Obama
2. McCain
3. Clinton

But now, as we sort of get to know McCain, i find that i really don't like him much. He still has some good and bad points about the issues. But i'm talking about his personality ... it's him as a person.

He comes across as a smug, ill-temper prick who thinks he's better than the people around him. He seems to have anger issues and doesn't seem to have a good grip on his emotions.

Should people "like" their President? Meh, not necessarily. :shrug:

But it still is rather unsettling to see such a complete asshole running for the White House.

***SPRAYER
10-16-2008, 10:53 AM
For a guy who says he loves America so much, if that was true, he would have never hung around in the primaries and would have let Romney or Huckabee defeat the commie.

Taco John
10-16-2008, 10:56 AM
John McCain thinks America owes this to him.

***SPRAYER
10-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Because of his ego, this country that he loves so much will be turned over to a communist. Thanks John!

jAZ
10-16-2008, 10:59 AM
For a guy who says he loves America so much, if that was true, he would have never hung around in the primaries and would have let Romney or Huckabee defeat the commie.

ROFL

Bowser
10-16-2008, 11:00 AM
*waiting patiently for the obligatory "war hero" retort*

ROYC75
10-16-2008, 11:01 AM
It's true, McCain doesn't handle himself well, he is a smart man in politics. He can govern the country, his appearance sucks, this is his downfall to the people, Obama can lie, deflect the questions and still appear presidential at the same time.I have feared this about John for a very long time.

Unless there is a late bombshell on Obama, I'm looking towards 2012 ......

BigCatDaddy
10-16-2008, 11:16 AM
I think he is just frustrated at what Obama is able to get away with in his campaign, while he and Palin have had big targets placed on their backs by the media.

Mecca
10-16-2008, 11:17 AM
Yea it's all that damn lib media's fault that McCain acts like a cranky old prick.

El Jefe
10-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Yea it's all that damn lib media's fault that McCain acts like a cranky old prick.

Man you are more annoying than redrum_69 sometimes.

Mecca
10-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Man you are more annoying than redrum_69 sometimes.

Because John McCain acts like a cranky old prick?

BIG_DADDY
10-16-2008, 11:23 AM
the less i like him.

SHOCKER!!!! LMAO LMAO LMAO

Pablo
10-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Nobody likes McCain.

Not even the people voting for him. They just dislike the gun-stealin' Muslim democrat he's running against.

El Jefe
10-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Because John McCain acts like a cranky old prick?

I was about to post something I new I would regret so I deleted most of it. I would rather have a cranky old prick then Obama in a second. I will be honest I wasn't a huge fan of McCain at the beginning but I just pray to the Lord we don't have to have Nobama in our White House.

Pablo
10-16-2008, 11:29 AM
I was about to post something I new I would regret so I deleted most of it. I would rather have a cranky old prick then Obama in a second. I will be honest I wasn't a huge fan of McCain at the beginning but I just pray to the Lord we don't have to have Nobama in our White House.Nobody's ever been a huge fan of McCain.

He's the least conservative Republican candidate ever. A vote for McCain isn't a vote for McCain, it's only a vote against Obama. Which is pretty sad, but that's how it is.

Mecca
10-16-2008, 11:30 AM
And there it is again, McCain supporters don't even like him...

Bowser
Nobody's ever been a huge fan of McCain.

He's the least conservative Republican candidate ever. A vote for McCain isn't a vote for McCain, it's only a vote against Obama. Which is pretty sad, but that's how it is.

The is shaping up to be the '04 election all over again.

"I'm voting for my guy because he isn't the other guy...."

Mecca
Nobody's ever been a huge fan of McCain.

He's reminding me of a guy who woke up 2 days ago and went "oh shit a guy who's nothing like me or what I think America is, is about to be President" then he read a bunch of rumor sites and believed them.

Chief Faithful
10-16-2008, 11:38 AM
I dislike McCain, but I dislike a triangle of Pelosi, Obama and Ried even more. Include me in the ranks of NObama.

Mecca
10-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Well hey it can't be any worse than the 6 years of Republican control. I didn't see any of the conservatives having a fit about that.

tiptap
10-16-2008, 11:42 AM
I was about to post something I new I would regret so I deleted most of it. I would rather have a cranky old prick then Obama in a second. I will be honest I wasn't a huge fan of McCain at the beginning but I just pray to the Lord we don't have to have Nobama in our White House.

Well I will pray to Odin and we will see whose gods are strongest.

Thig Lyfe
10-16-2008, 11:42 AM
I think he is just frustrated at what Obama is able to get away with in his campaign, while he and Palin have had big targets placed on their backs by the media.

IT'S THE MEDIA!!!!!!!!!!

http://blogs.cetis.ac.uk/feedforward/files/2007/11/scared-monkey.png

Amnorix
10-16-2008, 11:56 AM
It's true, McCain doesn't handle himself well, he is a smart man in politics. He can govern the country, his appearance sucks, this is his downfall to the people, Obama can lie, deflect the questions and still appear presidential at the same time.I have feared this about John for a very long time.

Unless there is a late bombshell on Obama, I'm looking towards 2012 ......

I don't agree as to your statement re: Obama, but I can say that this is exactly why I felt about Gore. Sharp dresser, best candidate, best man for the job, but just can't connect on a personal level.

Amnorix
10-16-2008, 11:58 AM
I dislike McCain, but I dislike a triangle of Pelosi, Obama and Ried even more. Include me in the ranks of NObama.

Have you ever voted for a Democrat?

Seriously, you make it sound liek this might have been a close call for you, but this, that and the other thing. From what I can tell from your posts on here, you're very solidly to the right.

patteeu
10-16-2008, 12:11 PM
If it helps, I never believed you'd vote for McCain over Hillary in the first place.

BIG_DADDY
10-16-2008, 12:16 PM

Seriously, you make it sound liek this might have been a close call for you, but this, that and the other thing. From what I can tell from your posts on here, you're very solidly to the right.

I know that wasn't aimed at me but I am a person I think people feel that same way about here. I am a Libertarian who hasn't voted for a Dem or Rep for POTUS since Bush Sr. and that won't change in this election either. My problem with the Dems at this point is I feel like you are throwing the most liberal candidate you can possibly throw out there just to be in the Reps face. Don't get me wrong after the corruption of the last administration who could blame em but the bottom line is we will have no checks and balances in our government where the megalibs are going to be doing whatever they want. When either side gets that much power it's a problem to me, I don't trust the politicians on either side to just do what's best for us.

Mecca
10-16-2008, 12:18 PM
You know a moderate Democrat named Bill Clinton was president and you didn't vote for him...I think that should be telling about your "most liberal" line.

whoman69
10-16-2008, 12:30 PM

You have to be kidding. If that were the case we would have never heard of Rev. Wright or William Ayers. The media will run anything that puts the story out front. To me the debate last night was a huge microcosm for what McCain/Palin have tried to put out there.
McCain: he's going to raise taxes on Joe Plumber
Obama: 98% of small businesses fall outside the range of those who would have tax increases

Its like he wasn't even listening to what Obama said and just came out with his charges again. You made your point, he refuted it. Move on. The Republicans have gotten into the habit of believing that if they say something enough times it must be true. It worked for Bush.

BIG_DADDY
10-16-2008, 12:37 PM
You know a moderate Democrat named Bill Clinton was president and you didn't vote for him...I think that should be telling about your "most liberal" line.

Two different subjects

BIG_DADDY
10-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Just for the record god bless Clinton on 3 strikes legislation but other than that how was he moderate?

Gun control - No
AA - No
Healthcare - No
Schools Voucher program - No
Abortion - No

BIG_DADDY
10-16-2008, 01:14 PM
You have to be kidding. If that were the case we would have never heard of Rev. Wright or William Ayers. The media will run anything that puts the story out front. To me the debate last night was a huge microcosm for what McCain/Palin have tried to put out there.
Obama: 98% of small businesses fall outside the range of those who would have tax increases

Its like he wasn't even listening to what Obama said and just came out with his charges again. You made your point, he refuted it. Move on. The Republicans have gotten into the habit of believing that if they say something enough times it must be true. It worked for Bush.

What's amazing is that people can even believe Obama's tax policy is possible and will never even take a look at his past to get an idea of what the future might hold.

BucEyedPea
10-16-2008, 01:15 PM
John McCain thinks America owes this to him.

He's just like Hillary then.

Jenson71
10-16-2008, 01:18 PM
What about all his funny pranks in the Navy?

Chief Faithful
10-16-2008, 01:29 PM

Interesting the perception because your posts make you sound solidly to the left. I am Libertarian and often feel like I'm voting for the least of two evils usually against taxation and big government and for liberty.

Now we have Obama and Biden with two of the most extreme Liberal voting records in Congress. Yes, I am against extreme Liberalism especially when the economic plan is a 'trickle-up' economics.

Yes, I have voted for Democrats, but never extreme Liberals. Have you ever voted Republican?

J Diddy
10-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Interesting the perception because your posts make you sound solidly to the left. I am Libertarian and often feel like I'm voting for the least of two evils usually against taxation and big government and for liberty.

Now we have Obama and Biden with two of the most extreme Liberal voting records in Congress. Yes, I am against extreme Liberalism especially when the economic plan is a 'trickle-up' economics.

Yes, I have voted for Democrats, but never extreme Liberals. Have you ever voted Republican?

when I was 6 I voted for reagan

tiptap
10-16-2008, 01:37 PM
I was a Goldwater fan but you couldn't vote till you were 21 even if you could go to Vietnam.

Basileus777
10-16-2008, 01:42 PM
I am Libertarian and often feel like I'm voting for the least of two evils usually against taxation and big government and for liberty.

Well that's what happens when you subscribe to a radical ideology, you aren't going to be pleased with either of the two main parties.

Carlota69
10-16-2008, 01:47 PM
I used to think McCain was an alright guy, just didnt agree with his policies. then I saw his demeanor in the first debate, then I read the Rolling Stone article. Now I think he is a petulant, bratty, angry little spolied shit.

Chief Faithful
10-16-2008, 01:53 PM

Amazing how people can take statements at face value. Obama has been clear with words that he will increase entitlements (in first debate) and plans to 'share the wealth' (Joe Plumber). This is also consistent with his record. Do you really believe that much more can come from small business, which is already heavy taxed, and still stay in business? Joe Plumber is going to get hammered by taxation.

Chief Faithful
10-16-2008, 01:54 PM
Well that's what happens when you subscribe to a radical ideology, you aren't going to be pleased with either of the two main parties.

Freedom and Liberty is your idea of radical ideology? I gather you are not too happy with the Constitution.

Carlota69
10-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Amazing how people can take statements at face value. Obama has been clear with words that he will increase entitlements (in first debate) and plans to 'share the wealth' (Joe Plumber). This is also consistent with his record. Do you really believe that much more can come from small business, which is already heavy taxed, and still stay in business? Joe Plumber is going to get hammered by taxation.

Joe plumber doesnt make over 250k. Most Joe Plumbers dont make more than 50k. So how is he going to get hammered?

mlyonsd
10-16-2008, 01:57 PM
You can say what you want about McCain but he's served his country well. Disagreeing with his politics is one thing, but to call him petty and a A hole is actually dragging yourself down to BB scum level.

Basileus777
10-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Freedom and Liberty is your idea of radical ideology? I gather you are not too happy with the Constitution.

Freedom and Liberty are rhetoric, not ideology. Libertarianism is a radical ideology. Those who adhere to radical ideologies such as Libertarianism or Communism are rarely going to like candidates from either party.

Carlota69
10-16-2008, 02:02 PM
You can say what you want about McCain but he's served his country well. Disagreeing with his politics is one thing, but to call him petty and a A hole is actually dragging yourself down to BB scum level.

I didnt call him an Ahole, or petty. A petualant, spolied brat to be exact. And that has nothing to do with his service to our country. But apprently you dont know much about your candidates temperment? Or do you choose to look the other way?

Amnorix
10-16-2008, 02:05 PM
I know that wasn't aimed at me but I am a person I think people feel that same way about here. I am a Libertarian who hasn't voted for a Dem or Rep for POTUS since Bush Sr. and that won't change in this election either. My problem with the Dems at this point is I feel like you are throwing the most liberal candidate you can possibly throw out there just to be in the Reps face. Don't get me wrong after the corruption of the last administration who could blame em but the bottom line is we will have no checks and balances in our government where the megalibs are going to be doing whatever they want. When either side gets that much power it's a problem to me, I don't trust the politicians on either side to just do what's best for us.

:shrug: To some degree it's functionally impossible for a moderate to win the Presidency. How does he survive the primaries? Answer, they don't.

Then, once elected, they tend to owe so much to so many on their side of the fence, that it's hard to operate in the middle.

There is NO Republican who will be their party's nominee if they are in favor of abortion rights. Ditto for a Democrat who is anti-abortion. The list is fairly endless.

I think Clinton was reasonably moderate, and that Gore was at least not extreme in his positions, but he lost. Tennessee liberals aren't exactly Cambridge/San Francisco whackos...

Amnorix
10-16-2008, 02:07 PM

On social/moral issues I am solid left.

On fiscal issues I'm somewhere neither party is -- in favor of a balanced budget (though not an amendment requiring that, as it's too restrictive) and limiting both military and entitlement spending. I'm only in favor of taxation to the extent needed to fund the government adequately, which is what Republicans avoid like the plague.

I have voted for Republicans at the state level. I have not voted for a Republican at the Federal level.

BIG_DADDY
10-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Joe plumber doesnt make over 250k. Most Joe Plumbers dont make more than 50k. So how is he going to get hammered?

What's amazing is that people can even believe Obama's tax policy is possible and will never even take a look at his past to get an idea of what the future might hold..

mlyonsd
10-16-2008, 02:08 PM
I didnt call him an Ahole, or petty. A petualant, spolied brat to be exact. And that has nothing to do with his service to our country. But apprently you dont know much about your candidates temperment? Or do you choose to look the other way?

I wasn't talking directly to you.

I do know about McCain's temperment. I don't have a problem with it.

BIG_DADDY
10-16-2008, 02:10 PM
:shrug: To some degree it's functionally impossible for a moderate to win the Presidency. How does he survive the primaries? Answer, they don't.

Then, once elected, they tend to owe so much to so many on their side of the fence, that it's hard to operate in the middle.

There is NO Republican who will be their party's nominee if they are in favor of abortion rights. Ditto for a Democrat who is anti-abortion. The list is fairly endless.

I think Clinton was reasonably moderate, and that Gore was at least not extreme in his positions, but he lost. Tennessee liberals aren't exactly Cambridge/San Francisco whackos...

Gore was a gun issue away from getting my vote. BTW good points. This is why we have to get away from the 2 party system it's WAY too controlled.

underEJ
10-16-2008, 02:11 PM
On social/moral issues I am solid left.

On fiscal issues I'm somewhere neither party is -- in favor of a balanced budget (though not an amendment requiring that, as it's too restrictive) and limiting both military and entitlement spending. I'm only in favor of taxation to the extent needed to fund the government adequately, which is what Republicans avoid like the plague.

I have voted for Republicans at the state level. I have not voted for a Republican at the Federal level.

Did I think it or read it?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Just for the record god bless Clinton on 3 strikes legislation but other than that how was he moderate?

Gun control - No
AA - No
Healthcare - No
Schools Voucher program - No
Abortion - No

Welfare
Gays in the military
financial regulation

Just a few of the trinkets you missed.

Carlota69
10-16-2008, 02:25 PM
I wasn't talking directly to you.

I do know about McCain's temperment. I don't have a problem with it.

Cool.

Carlota69
10-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Gore was a gun issue away from getting my vote. BTW good points. This is why we have to get away from the 2 party system it's WAY too controlled.

Maybe someday....

BTW, where's the pic of Obama smoking? I almost didnt recognize your post? ;)