PDA

View Full Version : Elections Quotes taken from Obama's Books.

El Jefe
10-16-2008, 11:19 AM
I couldn't believe some of the quotes they have taken from his books, and people will still vote for him.

From Dreams of My Father: "I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to the whites".

From Dreams of My Father: "I found solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race".

From Dreams of My Father: "There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white".

From Dreams of My Father: "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to stike out and name names".

From Dreams of My Father: "I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela".

And finally the worst one of all IMO

From Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction".

I am scared to death that this guy has a chance at running our country.

Mecca
10-16-2008, 11:20 AM
"I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to the whites".

Do you even understand what that means? This has already come up before, people who think that is a bad thing don't even know what the fuck it means.

And are these legit or things you pulled out of an email I haven't read his books so I have no idea if you're just pulling that out of your ass or not.

Goapics1
10-16-2008, 11:22 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/148/388345925_503cb1c158_o.jpg

El Jefe
10-16-2008, 11:23 AM
"I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to the whites".

Do you even understand what that means? This has already come up before, people who think that is a bad thing don't even know what the **** it means.

And are these legit or things you pulled out of an email I haven't read his books so I have no idea if you're just pulling that out of your ass or not.

No I am not pulling these out of my ass. No I did not get this from an email, but I will say that I did not read the book, but have spoken with a few who have.

Donger
10-16-2008, 11:26 AM
This thread feels strangely familiar.

ROYC75
10-16-2008, 11:26 AM
I couldn't believe some of the quotes they have taken from his books, and people will still vote for him.

From Dreams of My Father: "I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to the whites".

From Dreams of My Father: "I found solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race".

From Dreams of My Father: "There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white".

From Dreams of My Father: "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to stike out and name names".

From Dreams of My Father: "I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela".

And finally the worst one of all IMO

From Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction".

I am scared to death that this guy has a chance at running our country.

Drop it, Obots do not believe any of this stuff, they are not programmed.

Mecca
10-16-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm going to borrow this from Hamas because he said it well...

Obama stopped bringing up the fact that his mother was white because he felt as though he was subconsciously trying to pass as white. It's pretty obvious that he felt as though he was disrespecting half of his heritage in order to appear normative, so he stopped. He recognized who he was.

I enjoy how people get all scared over things they don't even understand, and just so you know most Muslims are fine people. It's the radicals who are a problem just like radical Christians are a problem.

How would you feel if your entire religion was judged on the small sect of nutjobs that's what I see people doing with Islam on here like it's nothing, think about that.

jidar
10-16-2008, 11:27 AM
FWD: Fwd: Re: Re: FWD: Fwd: HEY GUYS CHECK OUT THIS ALARMIST STUFF. FORWARD OT EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!#!!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ownwords.asp

Mecca
10-16-2008, 11:29 AM
FWD: Fwd: Re: Re: FWD: Fwd: HEY GUYS CHECK OUT THIS ALARMIST STUFF. FORWARD OT EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!#!!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ownwords.asp

OMGz logic, damn OBOT!

jidar
10-16-2008, 11:30 AM
OH MY GOD THIS SCARES ME TO DEATH!!@#!

OH EM GEE!@#!

RUN FOR THE HILLS, THIS GUY HAS TOO MUCH SKIN PIGMENT! WAIT, I'M WAY TO ****ING IGNORANT TO KNOW WHAT PIGMENT IS, I MEAN HE'S BLACK!!!!

Goapics1
10-16-2008, 11:31 AM

OH EM GEE!@#!

RUN FOR THE HILLS, THIS GUY HAS TOO MUCH SKIN PIGMENT! WAIT, I'M WAY TO ****ING IGNORANT TO KNOW WHAT PIGMENT IS, I MEAN HE'S BLACK!!!!

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Mecca
10-16-2008, 11:31 AM

OH EM GEE!@#!

It is funny to see people in middle America flip out because Obama is not their ideal of what America is, by god he's not an old white man.

Pablo
10-16-2008, 11:34 AM
I am scared too.

Scared to death McDonald's will discontinue the $1 McChicken sandwich. Easily the best value in fast food at the moment.

triple
10-16-2008, 11:35 AM
who writes two memoirs before they have even done anything?

triple
It is funny to see people in middle America flip out because Obama is not their ideal of what America is, by god he's not an old white man.

I'll bet I've voted for more minority candidates than you ever have.

Mecca
For the threadstarter I think your threads on this election will be alot like your thoughts on the USC/OSU game..you thought Ohio State would win but it was over quickly and wasn't pretty.

McCain is Ohio State.

Pablo
10-16-2008, 11:36 AM
I'll bet I've voted for more minority candidates than you ever have.I'm not racist, I have black friends.

Mecca
10-16-2008, 11:36 AM

I'm not saying EVERYONE is like that but that will happen a little bit here as people pay attention at the very end that weren't before.

I think you have social conservative views so that's a bit different than just flipping out.

jidar
10-16-2008, 11:37 AM
who writes two memoirs before they have even done anything?

This is a great argument. Everyone knows that people write the best books after they're dead.

Goapics1
10-16-2008, 11:37 AM

Yeah, and I bet you have more minority friends than anyone as well.

:rolleyes:

tiptap
10-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Irishman don't count as minorities anymore.

jidar
10-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Irishman don't count as minorities anymore.

No but they count as being ****ing awesome.
I like how my last name has two capital letters.

McCl....

Pablo
10-16-2008, 11:42 AM
No buy they count as being ****ing awesome.
I like how my last name has two capital letters.

McCl....McClain.

You're almost twins.

ROYC75
10-16-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm not racist, I have black friends.

Same here, several of them, many of them are not voting for Obama.

I even have bi-racial grand kids, son in law, etc.

Mecca
10-16-2008, 11:43 AM
John McClain?

Mecca
10-16-2008, 11:44 AM
Same here, several of them, many of them are not voting for Obama.

I even have bi-racial grand kids, son in law, etc.

Hey my friends wifes family told me that Sarah Palin was smart and I about snorted Pepsi all over them.

keg in kc
10-16-2008, 11:46 AM
I'll bet I've voted for more minority candidates than you ever have.That's reminiscent of the racist dude who tries to defend himself with "but I have lots of black friends. Really. I swear."

Thig Lyfe
10-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Even if those quotes weren't taken out of context and/or blatantly fabricated, I wouldn't mind. I'm not a big fan of white people myself.

triple
10-16-2008, 11:49 AM
That's reminiscent of the racist dude who tries to defend himself with "but I have lots of black friends. Really. I swear."

Really, in what way am I racist?

Mecca
10-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Even if those quotes weren't taken out of context and/or blatantly fabricated, I wouldn't mind. I'm not a big fan of white people myself.

I'm not a big fan of people in general...

jAZ
10-16-2008, 11:56 AM
RRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSssssSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTT@!12!!2!2!231213123213!@!!!41512353j2jk1!1k1kk1!sdfkl;dop!!!!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!k3k;l!!!!!!!!! !!!!mj1k1!!!

nychief
10-16-2008, 12:08 PM
wow this email was sent out about a year ago... getting desperate, huh?

Here is a thought....

READ THE BOOK YOU MORON. Until you do... shut up.

Lzen
10-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Really, in what way am I racist?

Isn't it amazing how if you don't agree with a candidate who happens to be a minority you must be a racist? :shake:

Mecca
10-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Isn't it amazing how if you don't agree with a minority candidate you must be a racist? :shake:

No one called him racist but that is one of those lines, it was just being pointed out.

No need for any sort of overrreaction.

Taco John
10-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Isn't it amazing how if you don't agree with a candidate who happens to be a minority you must be a racist? :shake:

I keep seeing this complaint, but I've never seen it happen actually.

Usually what I see is someone claiming not to be racist, and then saying something racist, and then complaining that someone called them racist for saying something racist, despite the fact that they prefaced their racist statement by saying that they're not racist.

I've never seen someone who is not racist have to make any explination of the fact that they're not racist. They simply just go about their business.

Donger
10-16-2008, 12:24 PM

Usually what I see is someone claiming not to be racist, and then saying something racist, and then complaining that someone called them racist for saying something racist, despite the fact that they prefaced their racist statement by saying that they're not racist.

I've never seen someone who is not racist have to make any explination of the fact that they're not racist. They simply just go about their business.

Are you unfamiliar with jettio?

whoman69
No I am not pulling these out of my ass. No I did not get this from an email, but I will say that I did not read the book, but have spoken with a few who have.

If you haven't read the book then how did you know where to get these quotes. Oh, I know. You did pull it out of your ass.

RJ
Hey, I got this same email!

RJ
10-16-2008, 12:25 PM

Do you even understand what that means? This has already come up before, people who think that is a bad thing don't even know what the **** it means.

Yes, it's from an email.

Mecca
10-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Yes, it's from an email.

He must obviously be a muslim too then.

El Jefe
10-16-2008, 12:50 PM
wow this email was sent out about a year ago... getting desperate, huh?

Here is a thought....

READ THE BOOK YOU MORON. Until you do... shut up.

Awesome I love how some people respond to things like these. Another reason why we need our public school systems looked at, because we can't afford to have another generation of idiots like this guy come out and further kill our math and science scores.

El Jefe
10-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Yes, it's from an email.

May be, but that is not what I took it from.

El Jefe
10-16-2008, 12:52 PM
If you haven't read the book then how did you know where to get these quotes. Oh, I know. You did pull it out of your ass.

No learn how to read, I have already addressed this question. I did not get this from an email.

Mecca
10-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Awesome I love how some people respond to things like these. Another reason why we need our public school systems looked at, because we can't afford to have another generation of idiots like this guy come out and further kill our math and science scores.

You're getting ripped on because it's a rather ridiculous thing to post at this stage of this, it's like you just rolled out of bed today and realized this guy was running for President.

Goapics1
10-16-2008, 12:53 PM

Good point since dipshit's like you actually believe this stuff.

Lzen
10-16-2008, 12:56 PM

C'mon, Taco. You are smarter than that. There were a few comments suggesting a certain poster was a racist. Now, they were definitely subtle jabs, but they were there for anyone to see. I just don't get all of this white guilt BS these days. So, a white guy can't tell someone (who may have subtlely suggested the white guy may be racist) he has black friends now? When will this nonsense ever end?

I will admit, however, that I don't know that poster that well to know things he/she has posted that may suggest racism. If that were the case then my apologies.

El Jefe
10-16-2008, 12:59 PM
You're getting ripped on because it's a rather ridiculous thing to post at this stage of this, it's like you just rolled out of bed today and realized this guy was running for President.

I'll admit I have avoided the DC as much as possible because I can't stand most of the people in here. Not so much that I can't stand them, I just can't stand when someone can't look at both sides of the thread topic or post without acting like a complete jackass. I love how people cry and bitch about things being a repost yet they waste their time posting in the thread.

Saulbadguy
10-16-2008, 01:02 PM

And if I call Sarah Palin a dumb gunt, i'm somehow sexist? Come on.

Lzen
10-16-2008, 01:07 PM
And if I call Sarah Palin a dumb gunt, i'm somehow sexist? Come on.

I assume you don't say gunt. You replace the G with C, correct? Ok, so if it were a man, would you still use the same word? If not, then yeah it is sexist. I mean, if we are going to get all technical here.

And do you truly believe she is dumb? Or do you just not agree with here policies? You don't care for her voice or demeanor? You don't like how she tries to come across as regular every day normal person? Yeah, I get it.

Saulbadguy
10-16-2008, 01:11 PM
I assume you don't say gunt. You replace the G with C, correct? Ok, so if it were a man, would you still use the same word? If not, then yeah it is sexist. I mean, if we are going to get all technical here.

And do you truly believe she is dumb? Or do you just not agree with here policies? You don't care for her voice or demeanor? You don't like how she tries to come across as regular every day normal person? Yeah, I get it.

I say GUNT because I think it is a funny word. Yeah I think she is dumb. I think I am smarter than her.

Dick Bull
10-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Drop it, Obots do not believe any of this stuff, they are not programmed.

I find it amusing that you insenuate that people who like Obama are robots. Seems to me the robot would be the one saying that the guy who is just like the trainwreck we've had for the past 8 years is gonna get different results.

I think from this point forward i shall call McCain supporters McInsane's.

Ari Chi3fs
10-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Dems vs. Reps. Us vs. Them. You vs. Me.

See how they keep us divided? If we don't watch it, it will be a new kind of civil war on our hands. We are all one, people.

Protons Neutron Electrons and the space between.

Sully
10-16-2008, 01:44 PM
"Obama"
"I[...]will[...]vote for him."
"I will stand with the Muslims"
"I ceased to[...]nurse[...]at the age of 12 or 13."
"Prove[...]your loyalty[...]to death."

Carlota69
10-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Isn't this super old and worn out? Didn't we go over this back in February???? Is this republican plan of attack in the last couple of weeks, repeat shit even though its been disputed becasue they have nothing else??:spock:

BORED.