PDA

View Full Version : Elections My letter to John McCain

Taco John
10-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Dear John,

I want to tell you why you lost my vote.

I eagerly followed your campaign in 2000, and was bitterly disappointed when George W. Bush won the nomination. I had been a fan of yours for years prior to that time, and thought that you were the right man for the job. You would have made a great president during this tough time.

This time around, however, I don't see the same man running as I did then. I had a hard time supporting you in the primaries, and was very turned on by the old-time conservative message of Ron Paul, whose campaign I donated to.

Fast forward to today, where I have witnessed what I believe to be one of the most disgraceful campaigns that I can remember seeing. Whether this perception is true or not, it seems to me that you spent more time focused on Barack Obama than focusing on issues that I care about. Last night's debate made me bitter because it was the first time during this campaign that I heard any discussion on privatizing the school system - an issue near and dear to my heart.

Why is this? Why run ads that put Obama in the spotlight (even more than he already is), and not put the issues of the American people in the spotlight? I would have absolutely voted for you if there was a grand debate going on right now about vouchers and privitizing the school system. Now it seems like pandering - doing and saying anything to get into the office.

Further, here we are in an economic cruch, and you've done absolutely nothing to reach out to Ron Paul, who has been talking about this issue for decades now. Treasury secretary? Economic Advisor? I'd have come along. You didn't so much as throw a bone to us, and as such, we owe you nothing.

I'm not going to reward your campaign for ignoring my issues for so long. I'm not going to reward your campaign for focusing so heavily on Barack Obama when the issues of the American people are what needed the spotlight. I'm not going to reward your campaign for marginalizing the issues of the Ron Paul Republicans. It was up to you to gather our forces together. You failed.

I'm going to let the party fall on its face for the same reason I wanted to see the bail-out fail: so that people are left to ask themselves the hard questions about how they got there. I'm not a Republican - I'm an American.

I don't know who I'm voting for - but I know who I'm not voting for: neither you, nor Barack Obama. My vote will likely go to Chuck Baldwin, as a sign of protest to the Republican party. You could have had my vote if you would have genuinely put country first, instead of just used it as a slogan.

Best luck to you and us all in the post-Democrat majority America.

Here's to the resurgence of real issues and real conservativism.

IL
Vancouver, WA

Baby Lee
10-16-2008, 03:37 PM
crunch

Fish
10-16-2008, 03:40 PM
privatizing

ClevelandBronco
10-16-2008, 03:41 PM
I want to tell you why you lost my vote.

Don't start with the punch line. There's only one Republican that could have had your vote.

McCain lost nothing from you.

triple
10-16-2008, 03:44 PM
i am sure mccain is shocked to not get votes from Ron Paul people

Taco John
10-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Don't start with the punch line. There's only one Republican that could have had your vote.

Not true. But I can understand why you'd believe this.

MahiMike
10-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Nice letter. Hope u send it to him.

Taco John
10-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Nice letter. Hope u send it to him.

Already did.

xbarretx
10-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Already did.

John McCain: Dear friends Taco John just doesnt understand .....

p.s. taco johns rocks!

Douche Baggins
10-16-2008, 10:36 PM
McCain would appreciate it if you used spellcheck.

Ultra Peanut
10-17-2008, 12:29 AM
And this is coming from a famous FOX Business News pundit!

Moobs
10-17-2008, 02:01 AM
So you've supported McCain, Obama, and Paul?

Taco John
10-17-2008, 02:20 AM
So you've supported McCain, Obama, and Paul?

I guess that depends on your idea of support. With McCain, I genuinely wanted to see him beat Bush, but I didn't do anything about it (ie. no funds, no caucusing, etc.). I just paid attention to the campaign and rooted him on.

I had a brief stint with Obama in January/February of 2006, as I thought his plan for Iraq was the most coherent of all the candidates. I certainly think he's a good option as the anti-Bush, but ideologically I find little there to admire outside of his voicing of individual responsiblity - a message I find much merit in. Thankfully, a candidate who I could genuinely back came along.

Ron Paul is my ideological soul mate. I find very little to disagree with him on - he's right on practically everything. Better yet, he's philisophically coherent. He's a once-every-hundred-years kind of politician. I proudly donated $500 over the course of his campaign - something I've never done for a politician before, and have been inspired to donate to other like-minded campaigns.

At the end of the day, regulars around here will recall that I said the Republicans wouldn't be able to win this election without doing something to bring the Ron Paul faction into the fold somehow. That prediction looks like it's going to hold up.

Radar Chief
10-17-2008, 08:07 AM
Did you really send Gramps a “Dear John” letter? :LOL: ROFL

Programmer
10-17-2008, 08:18 AM

In total agreement. He's been an obot since day one (of Ron Paul's failure to get nominated)

Programmer
10-17-2008, 08:20 AM
Did you really send Gramps a “Dear John” letter? :LOL: ROFL

Even if he did McCain would never see it, most likely it would go to the stack of hate mail if the sender wasn't a registered republican.

I wonder what would happen if President McCain suddenly found this on his desk?

Bootlegged
10-17-2008, 08:34 AM
This confirms my long held belief that you have absolutely no life.

Programmer
10-17-2008, 07:53 PM

Your belef should have been validated when you saw that he posts on a rival board more than he does on the board he operates. I've seen conservative after conservative get banned on his site. It's simply a case of he can't do the same crap there that he does here. The biggest question is why is he so acceptable when he is such an ass?

Taco John
10-18-2008, 01:01 AM

What's the point of following politics if you don't write to the people who are supposed to be represnting you to let them know how you feel?

Programmer
10-18-2008, 06:53 AM
What's the point of following politics if you don't write to the people who are supposed to be represnting you to let them know how you feel?

If you are a republican living in Arizona he is currently your representative/senator. Otherwise you are blowing smoke.

Pablo
10-18-2008, 07:57 AM
If you are a republican living in Arizona he is currently your representative/senator. Otherwise you are blowing smoke.So McCain only represents the Republicans living in AZ?

Odd...I though Senator's sort of represented everyone...