PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues Is this racist?

Taco John
10-16-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm having a tough time determining if this is racist, or just Republicans disagreeing...

http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2008/10-16/racist16_400.jpg
An Inland Republican women’s group sent out a newsletter showing this fake $10 “food stamp” with Barack Obama’s face on it.

Inland GOP mailing depicts Obama's face on food stamp

Thursday, October 16, 2008

By MICHELLE DeARMOND
The Press-Enterprise

The latest newsletter by an Inland Republican women's group depicts Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama surrounded by a watermelon, ribs and a bucket of fried chicken, prompting outrage in political circles.

The October newsletter by the Chaffey Community Republican Women, Federated says if Obama is elected his image will appear on food stamps -- instead of dollar bills like other presidents. The statement is followed by an illustration of "Obama Bucks" -- a phony $10 bill featuring Obama's face on a donkey's body, labeled "United States Food Stamps."

The GOP newsletter, which was sent to about 200 members and associates of the group by e-mail and regular mail last week, is drawing harsh criticism from members of the political group, elected leaders, party officials and others as racist.

The group's president, Diane Fedele, said she plans to send an apology letter to her members and to apologize at the club's meeting next week. She said she simply wanted to deride a comment Obama made over the summer about how as an African-American he "doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

"It was strictly an attempt to point out the outrageousness of his statement. I really don't want to go into it any further," Fedele said in a telephone interview Tuesday. "I absolutely apologize to anyone who was offended. That clearly wasn't my attempt."

Fedele said she got the illustration in a number of chain e-mails and decided to reprint it for her members in the Trumpeter newsletter because she was offended that Obama would draw attention to his own race. She declined to say who sent her the e-mails with the illustration.

She said she doesn't think in racist terms, pointing out she once supported Republican Alan Keyes, an African-American who previously ran for president.

"I didn't see it the way that it's being taken. I never connected," she said. "It was just food to me. It didn't mean anything else."

She said she also wasn't trying to make a statement linking Obama and food stamps, although her introductory text to the illustration connects the two: "Obama talks about all those presidents that got their names on bills. If elected, what bill would he be on????? Food Stamps, what else!"

Club Member Cries

Sheila Raines, an African-American member of the club, was the first person to complain to Fedele about the newsletter. Raines, of San Bernardino, said she has worked hard to try to convince other minorities to join the Republican Party and now she feels betrayed.

"This is what keeps African-Americans from joining the Republican Party," she said. "I'm really hurt. I cried for 45 minutes."

The Obama campaign declined to comment. It's the campaign's policy to not address such attacks, said Gabriel Sanchez, a California spokesman for the campaign.

The newsletter prompted a rebuke from another African-American member of the organization, which is well recognized in the community for its philanthropy and efforts to register and turn out voters in the Rancho Cucamonga and Upland areas.

Acquanetta Warren, a Fontana councilwoman and member of the women's group, said the item is rude and requires a public apology.

"When I opened that up and saw it, I said, 'Why did they do this? It doesn't even reflect our principles and values,' " said Warren, who served as a Republican delegate to the national convention in September and is a regional vice chairwoman for the California Republican Party. "I know a lot of the ladies in that club and they're fantastic. They're volunteers. They really care -- some of them go to my church."

Warren forwarded an electronic version of the newsletter to the California Republican Party headquarters, where officials also were outraged Wednesday and denounced the illustration.

Hector Barajas, the party's press secretary, said the party chairman likely will have a conversation with Fedele, and Barajas will attend the statewide California Federation of Republican Women conference this weekend in Los Angeles to handle any news media there to cover the controversy.

Obama in Turban

The newsletter is not the first such episode Barajas has had to respond to this week. The Sacramento Bee on Wednesday posted an image it said was captured from the Sacramento County GOP Web site that showed Obama in a turban next to Osama bin Laden.

It said: "The difference between Osama and Obama is just a little B.S." The site also encouraged members to "Waterboard Barack Obama," a reference to a torture technique. The Sacramento County party took down the material Tuesday after being criticized.

Mark Kirk, a spokesman for the San Bernardino County GOP chairman, said he expects Chairman Gary Ovitt to also have a talk with Fedele and to attend the group's local meeting next week to discuss the issue with members, although the county GOP has no formal oversight role over the club. Kirk said these kinds of depictions hurt the party's ongoing efforts to reach out to minorities.

"It's very damaging and we're going to take steps to correct this," Kirk said. "Unfortunately, I don't know what you do to correct ignorance like this, but we will do what we can."

Assemblyman Bill Emmerson, R-Redlands, and state Sen. Bob Dutton, R-Rancho Cucamonga, both criticized the illustration as inappropriate and irresponsible.

Dutton pointed out that his wife, a member of the club, is of Mexican heritage and has battled criticism that the Republican Party is not the party for minorities. The club's newsletter undercuts efforts to rise above racism, he said.

"Bias and racial comments and even suggestions are frankly what weakens us as a people. I think we as Americans need to rise above that," he said.

Emmerson said he was extremely offended and sickened by the newsletter.

Barbara O'Connor, director of the Institute for the Study of Politics and the Media at Cal State Sacramento, said it's imperative that people speak out about these kinds of depictions no matter how small the organization. She praised Raines for doing so.

"It's a statement about what is civil discourse and can you get away with doing something under an organizational banner," she said. "You have to cut it out at the root and the root is often small organizations that are local and they then become larger."

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_S_buck16.3d67d4a.html

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Kind of a repost.

Donger
10-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Yes, it is. It wouldn't be, IMO, sans the watermelon and fried chicken.

HolmeZz
10-16-2008, 06:26 PM

How the hell do ribs and kool-aid fall on the other side of the moral line you're drawing?

Saulbadguy
10-16-2008, 06:27 PM

What if the kool-aid was grape?

Taco John
10-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Koolaid. Ribs. Watermelon. Chicken. Foodstamps. Black guy.

Check, check, check, check, check, and motherfuggen check.

Sextfecta?

Donger
10-16-2008, 06:31 PM
How the hell do ribs and kool-aid fall on the other side of the moral line you're drawing?

Maybe I'm not as up-to-date as you when it comes to racial stereotypes. I've never heard of either being stereotypical black food or drink.

headsnap
10-16-2008, 06:35 PM
that's making me hungry and I'm a cracka!!! :spock:

Taco John
10-16-2008, 06:37 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2f-uqFqDvjY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2f-uqFqDvjY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

***SPRAYER
10-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Koolaid. Ribs. Watermelon. Chicken. Foodstamps. Black guy.

Check, check, check, check, check, and motherfuggen check.

Sextfecta?

They forgot the Cheetos, slim jims, and grape soda.

ROFL

HolmeZz
10-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Maybe I'm not as up-to-date as you when it comes to racial stereotypes. I've never heard of either being stereotypical black food or drink.

They are, hence why they're in the friggin' picture.

Donger
10-16-2008, 06:43 PM
They are, hence why they're in the friggin' picture.

Well, I learned something new today then. Why do black people like Kool-Aid?

***SPRAYER
10-16-2008, 06:44 PM

I can't stand Kool Aid but I love ribs, fried chicken and watermelon.

Friendo
10-16-2008, 06:48 PM
http://www.redcounty.com/sanbernardino/2007/12/chaffey-community-republican-w/

Bowser
10-16-2008, 06:53 PM
This kid is getting a workout this election...

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2008, 06:57 PM

Sugar, water, purple.

NewChief
10-16-2008, 06:58 PM
Should have thrown a pack of Kools on there.

Bowser
10-16-2008, 07:03 PM

Tang, honky. They like Tang.

mdstu
10-16-2008, 07:45 PM
QUOTE/ She said she doesn't think in racist terms, pointing out she once supported Republican Alan Keyes, an African-American who previously ran for president.

"I didn't see it the way that it's being taken. I never connected," she said. "It was just food to me. It didn't mean anything else."

She said she also wasn't trying to make a statement linking Obama and food stamps, although her introductory text to the illustration connects the two: "Obama talks about all those presidents that got their names on bills. If elected, what bill would he be on????? Food Stamps, what else!" /QUOTE

This is just amazing!
I don't think I would believe any of these three lies separately, but when she strings them all together in a row, it is just mind boggling.

***SPRAYER
10-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Tang, honky. They like Tang.

They still sell that stuff? I used to put it in milk.

Taco John
10-16-2008, 08:35 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7m5m_eoUzPU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7m5m_eoUzPU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bill Parcells
10-16-2008, 08:37 PM

http://hautelikefire.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/buckwheat.jpg

T-post Tom
10-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Recent photo from the last Chaffey Community Republican Women's meeting.

StcChief
10-16-2008, 09:45 PM
what's missing Grits, coulored greens, okra.

Programmer
10-16-2008, 10:00 PM
http://hautelikefire.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/buckwheat.jpg

OOOOOHHHHHHHH TTTTTAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY

RJ
10-16-2008, 10:23 PM
what's missing Grits, coulored greens, okra.

Collard greens.

But probably an easy enough mistake to make.

Being a fella with southern roots, I love all dat stuff.

Greens, beans, black eyed peas, fried chicken, barbecue, macaroni & cheese, everything with pork....and yes, watermelon. I've never understood how that all became a black stereotype.

Except the Koolaid. That's definitely a black thing.

Jenson71
10-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Kool-Aid is definitely popular among blacks. I learned this from my one year of working at a small Hy-Vee in a poor, mixed neighborhood.

The Kool-Aid comes in individual, little small packets, so they are dirt cheap, and because you just throw them in water, they're easy to deal with. I think most have just grew up with it, it's become sort of a fixed thing in the household.

Saulbadguy
10-17-2008, 08:38 AM
Collard greens.

No, that doesn't make sense. They don't call them "Collard people".

:)

Amnorix
10-17-2008, 08:39 AM

I agree. The watermelon and fried chicken thing is very stereotyped and makes it racial.

JonesCrusher
10-17-2008, 08:57 AM

They don't! Forget you ever heard it. Never mention it in public again. We are all exactly alike no matter what our race, age, religion or whatever other make-believe stereotype you fabricate.

I repeat, we are the same person and do the same things.

Programmer
10-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Isaac, everything you see makes you think of racism. You've just missed one little fact of life here on planet earth. There is but one race.

Taco John
10-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Isaac, everything you see makes you think of racism. You've just missed one little fact of life here on planet earth. There is but one race.

Tom, you forget one little important fact about this forum: nobody here cares about anything you say or any opinion you hold except to hold it up to ridicule.

Sully
10-17-2008, 10:20 AM
So is anyone going to argue that it is not racist? I need some entertainment.

Taco John
10-17-2008, 10:23 AM

I've got one on the hook... He's just nibbling right now.

Got some dynamite?

Sully
10-17-2008, 10:26 AM

Got some dynamite?

You can sheer a sheep many times, but only slaughter him once.

Programmer
10-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Tom, you forget one little important fact about this forum: nobody here cares about anything you say or any opinion you hold except to hold it up to ridicule.

Your are wrong again, there are plenty of people here that agree with me? You tend to lie as much as anyone and are further out of the realm of reality than most.

Programmer
10-17-2008, 10:48 AM

Obviously you need something worhtwhile to do. I suggest you apply your time to the employer that is paying for you to be playing on the internet during working hours.

Programmer
10-17-2008, 10:50 AM

Got some dynamite?

You continue to be the biggest bigot and moron on this board. Your level of self importance is only equaled by a few and they are crazy people as well.

Try to make your death threats to someone else.

Programmer
10-17-2008, 10:51 AM

So, now you are suggesting that I be killed? Nice, how does that fit with your walk of faith?

Sully
10-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Obviously you need something worhtwhile to do. I suggest you apply your time to the employer that is paying for you to be playing on the internet during working hours.

Thanks.
I'll take that under advisement.

So you you think this illustration is not racist?

Rain Man
10-17-2008, 10:53 AM
On a related note, I saw my first episode of "My Name if Earl" last night. They were trying out to be cheerleaders, and most of the other squads had beautiful young women. Their squad had an enormous fat woman, a woman with those big braces going around her head, a pregnant woman, and ... a black woman. Apparently the dregs of society. He then gave them nicknames of "Chunk", "Headgear", "Preggers", and "Black Girl".

Setting aside the fact that it's okay to make fun of fat people, it's hard to believe that they won't get some letters about the racial judgment.

And yeah, the obama thing is racist.

Sully
10-17-2008, 10:53 AM
So, now you are suggesting that I be killed? Nice, how does that fit with your walk of faith?

A) That saying advises against killing sheep. It really does. I promise.

B) I wasn't even talking about "sheering" you. But you are so defensive that it makes me think you don't believe it is racist. is that true?

Programmer
10-17-2008, 10:54 AM

B) I wasn't even talking about "sheering" you. But you are so defensive that it makes me think you don't believe it is racist. is that true?

Total lies again? Yes Sully you are lying and you know it. I suggest you check lying against the doctrine of your church.

Sully
10-17-2008, 10:54 AM
Total lies again? Yes Sully you are lying and you know it. I suggest you check lying against the doctrine of your church.

What part of what I said was a lie?

Programmer
10-17-2008, 11:13 AM
What part of what I said was a lie?

I'm not going to play your game today, you know you lied and are attempting to play dumb - well, you probably aren't playing.

You should really get back to work, you know for the person paying your salary.

Reaper16
10-17-2008, 12:22 PM
No, that doesn't make sense. They don't call them "Collard people".

:)
TAKE THAT!

Sully
10-17-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm not going to play your game today, you know you lied and are attempting to play dumb - well, you probably aren't playing.

You should really get back to work, you know for the person paying your salary.

Seems you are the one playing the game. You said I was lying. I'm curious what I was lying about...because I certainly don't see one.

Again, thanks for the career advice.

HemiEd
10-17-2008, 01:17 PM
I would consider THIS (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/10/13/howard-stern-exposes-why-so-many-people-support-obama) racist.

HemiEd
10-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Should have thrown a pack of Kools on there.

And some Colt 45.

Logical
10-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Your are wrong again, there are plenty of people here that agree with me? You tend to lie as much as anyone and are further out of the realm of reality than most.Plenty of people,:rolleyes: yeah right, KCJohnny and Chief Henry (and Chief Henry really doesn't like you he just shares some views). You are about as well liked around here as DEnise.

Iowanian
10-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Its racist.

If you take 90% of the jokes/photoshops of Dubya available on the internet, and replace only his name and likeness with Obamas....most of them would be considered racist too.

Iowanian
10-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Is this racist?

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/EPH/8130~George-W-Bush-Monkey-Posters.jpg

Will the same photo with a different face in Jan 2010 be?

Sully
10-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Its racist.

If you take 90% of the jokes/photoshops of Dubya available on the internet, and replace only his name and likeness with Obamas....most of them would be considered racist too.

That's true. The context is completely different when you replace the person in the photo.

Iowanian
10-17-2008, 01:44 PM
How about these with Obama's likeness? He has big ears too...just like George.

http://georgebushfacts.com/images/bush_chimps2.jpg

HemiEd
10-17-2008, 01:45 PM
I would consider THIS (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/10/13/howard-stern-exposes-why-so-many-people-support-obama) racist.

Does anyone else agree with me on this?

Iowanian
10-17-2008, 01:48 PM
One of these caused outrage this year...which one?
http://www.toppun.com/anti-Bush/funny_anti_bush_pictures/Uncurious_George_Without_a_Doubt_the_Worst_President_Ever_curious_george_picture_pic_funny_George_Bu sh_picture_small1.gif

or

http://www.phorph.com/phorph_files/00/00/00/00/00/00/00/00/00/32

or
http://straydogcafe.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/image_7049147.jpg

Taco John
10-17-2008, 02:20 PM
One of these caused outrage this year...which one?

Uh, the racist one?

Fish
10-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Does anyone else agree with me on this?

I don't really see that as racist. I see that as a small selection of very uninformed "voters". You could do the same thing with the whitest of white McCain "voters", and find a small selection of equally ignorant answers about the candidate they supposedly support.

I think that indicates overall lack of political knowledge more than racism. Voting for the candidate that you relate to the most is common regardless of race. I know many people on both sides who are confidently voting for their choice of candidate while knowing very little about what that candidate actually stands for.

Messier
10-17-2008, 02:42 PM
How about these with Obama's likeness? He has big ears too...just like George.

http://georgebushfacts.com/images/bush_chimps2.jpg

No, I wouldn't consider any one of those racist. Do you know why?

VAChief
10-17-2008, 02:53 PM
The cartoonish pictures of Bush/Clinton/Reagan/Nixon/Carter (choose your favorite lampooned President) might be poor taste or disrespectful but they aren't racist. White people have never been subjected to degrading ridicule in this country based solely on the color of their skin. Stupidity that is another thing, but that isn't racism.

Apes, monkees, etc. have been not so subtle references to the degradation of African decendents. This lady is a racist in my opinion based on the caricatures she knew were often stereotypes used in the not so distant "good ole days." How can anyone defend this type of divisiveness today?

Iowanian
10-17-2008, 02:56 PM
So.

In the future, when Obama makes decisions and facial expressions that are deemed "stupid" or unintelligent by half of Americans, because 100 years ago, black folk were considered to have lesser intelligence, any references to intelligence, the brain of a chip etc... will always be considered racist.

so much for equal treatment.

I guess its a nice free pass for him to have on his name badge.

I'm sure its not an issue as Dear Leader will be infallible.

I have no need personally to compare Obama to a Chimp, as I'm aware of they whys. I just think we're getting ready to see significant double standards with the treatment of him as president. If its acceptable to call 1 president a name or question his intelligence or lineage, it should be good for all of them.

I can't wait for the SNL skit series on how many Daddy's Obama has had.

Programmer
10-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Seems you are the one playing the game. You said I was lying. I'm curious what I was lying about...because I certainly don't see one.

I think you need to re-evaluate your position on what constitutes lying. There is no question about what your intent of the comment and that you outright lied about it.

You don't really have a career so any advice along those lines would be useless. Doesn't the management at the mickey D's you work at frown on you posting from behind the counter?

Programmer
10-17-2008, 03:02 PM
Plenty of people,:rolleyes: yeah right, KCJohnny and Chief Henry (and Chief Henry really doesn't like you he just shares some views). You are about as well liked around here as DEnise.

Coming from a LWNJ I think we can discount anything you might have to say. I get support from those that agree with my POV as well as those that hate you and your minions.

I find it amusing that you go to such great lengths with your hatred. You are totally busted.

mlyonsd
10-17-2008, 03:04 PM
So.

In the future, when Obama makes decisions and facial expressions that are deemed "stupid" or unintelligent by half of Americans, because 100 years ago, black folk were considered to have lesser intelligence, any references to intelligence, the brain of a chip etc... will always be considered racist.

so much for equal treatment.

I guess its a nice free pass for him to have on his name badge.

I'm sure its not an issue as Dear Leader will be infallible.

Only white people descended from apes. Duh.

Iowanian
10-17-2008, 03:12 PM
I was heading towards the evolution card.

Sully
10-18-2008, 03:04 PM
I think you need to re-evaluate your position on what constitutes lying. There is no question about what your intent of the comment and that you outright lied about it.

You don't really have a career so any advice along those lines would be useless. Doesn't the management at the mickey D's you work at frown on you posting from behind the counter?

To me, "lying"=not telling the truth.
I have told the truth in every post on this thread. You claim I haven't. I'm curious what, specifically you think i lied about. If you can't find anything, it's ok to just say you were wrong.

I don't work at McD's, thoughI'm a huge fan of the McRib!

2bikemike
10-18-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm having a tough time determining if this is racist, or just Republicans disagreeing...

http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2008/10-16/racist16_400.jpg
An Inland Republican women’s group sent out a newsletter showing this fake $10 “food stamp” with Barack Obama’s face on it.

Inland GOP mailing depicts Obama's face on food stamp

]

Well I love Watermelon its my favorite fruit. I love Fried Chicken just not KFC. And I love Ribs. So no I don't find it Racist.

Logical
10-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Coming from a LWNJ I think we can discount anything you might have to say. I get support from those that agree with my POV as well as those that hate you and your minions.

I find it amusing that you go to such great lengths with your hatred. You are totally busted.

I don't hate anyone, I just know:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=81637&stc=1&d=1222885122

jAZ
10-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Well I love Watermelon its my favorite fruit. I love Fried Chicken just not KFC. And I love Ribs. So no I don't find it Racist.

I suspect you like Halloween decoration as well?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XbbcVNOMqSk&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XbbcVNOMqSk&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jAZ
10-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Its racist.

All of the "monkey" themed ones would certainly be racist. The disparity is justified though.

2bikemike
10-18-2008, 03:27 PM
[QUOTE=jAZ;5127207]I suspect you like Halloween decoration as well?

QUOTE]

No not a big Halloween person. I don't even do Christmas decorations. Actually I don't do decorations at all.

MTG#10
10-18-2008, 04:05 PM
I grew up on Kool-Aid and Im not black. I think its a poor thing, not a black thing.

Calcountry
10-18-2008, 07:21 PM
I don't know about all that, but I'm in the mood for some Black eyed peas and collard greens, corn bread with real butter, now thats some good eats baby, I don't care what the color of your skin is.

Bill Parcells
10-18-2008, 07:22 PM
I don't know about all that, but I'm in the mood for some Black eyed peas and collard greens, corn bread with real butter, now thats some good eats baby, I don't care what the color of your skin is.

You forgot the grits.

HolmeZz
10-18-2008, 07:23 PM
I grew up on Kool-Aid and Im not black. I think its a poor thing, not a black thing.

I don't know why you're trying to respond to stereotypes as if they follow some form of logic. You can obviously love fried chicken and not be black.

Calcountry
10-18-2008, 07:24 PM
You forgot the grits.No, if i were going to add anything to that, it would be the main entree, fried catfish.

Calcountry
10-18-2008, 07:24 PM
You forgot the grits.Grits is breakfast food dude, you need to get to the south more often.

Calcountry
10-18-2008, 07:26 PM
I don't know why you're trying to respond to stereotypes as if they follow some form of logic. You can obviously love fried chicken and not be black.Dude, the brothers got the bbq down too. Who the heck doesn't like a good bbq, done slow and right?

Der Flöprer
10-18-2008, 07:29 PM

Why?

Der Flöprer
10-18-2008, 07:31 PM
I don't really see that as racist. I see that as a small selection of very uninformed "voters". You could do the same thing with the whitest of white McCain "voters", and find a small selection of equally ignorant answers about the candidate they supposedly support.

I think that indicates overall lack of political knowledge more than racism. Voting for the candidate that you relate to the most is common regardless of race. I know many people on both sides who are confidently voting for their choice of candidate while knowing very little about what that candidate actually stands for.

Yep. It's not racist, they just went hunting for stupid people. To get those 3 examples, they probably had to interview at least 100 people.

Der Flöprer
10-18-2008, 07:32 PM
The cartoonish pictures of Bush/Clinton/Reagan/Nixon/Carter (choose your favorite lampooned President) might be poor taste or disrespectful but they aren't racist. White people have never been subjected to degrading ridicule in this country based solely on the color of their skin. Stupidity that is another thing, but that isn't racism.

Apes, monkees, etc. have been not so subtle references to the degradation of African decendents. This lady is a racist in my opinion based on the caricatures she knew were often stereotypes used in the not so distant "good ole days." How can anyone defend this type of divisiveness today?

But is it racist when dealing with the same thing from a person of color? It's a pretty fine line. Whether an individual is racist, or anti-racist, the stupidity accusations fly in abundance from both sides of the fence.

Programmer
10-19-2008, 07:56 AM
I don't hate anyone, other than conservatives, people that don't live in California, people that voted for GWB, women, and yourself.

Fixed your post Jim.

Sully
10-20-2008, 12:59 PM
I have told the truth in every post on this thread. You claim I haven't. I'm curious what, specifically you think i lied about. If you can't find anything, it's ok to just say you were wrong.

T0m Cash keeps PMing me and telling me I'm a liar and continue to insult him. I thought I'd bump this question so he could answer it publicly, rather than hiding behind PMs. I'll be gone for a while, but I sincerely hope he can find his way to backing up his claims with facts before I get back. I know I'm not the only one who would find some refreshment in that.

patteeu
10-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Fixed your post Jim.

LMAO

Programmer
10-20-2008, 01:55 PM

T0m Cash keeps PMing me and telling me I'm a liar and continue to insult him. I thought I'd bump this question so he could answer it publicly, rather than hiding behind PMs. I'll be gone for a while, but I sincerely hope he can find his way to backing up his claims with facts before I get back. I know I'm not the only one who would find some refreshment in that.

Just pick out one. Doesn't matter. You could try other threads as well. You just are blind to what you say, kind of a self righteous attitude.

Lies are lies regardless of whether you feel they are lies or not.

tooge
10-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Absolutely NOT what I call racist. That is what I call good grub! Aside from the coolade, that is some of my favorite eats, along with gizzards and hot sauce, and "greens". I am offended, cause I am a white guy and these gals are sayin I'm not sposed to get any of these things?