PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Republican Faux Outrage Topic #9804186: Game 6 of WS Pushed Back for Obama

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Assail away at how Obama is presumptuously interrupting your <del>cricket</del> baseball, Donger.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-worldseries-obama&prov=ap&type=lgns

NEW YORK (AP)—Major League Baseball has agreed to push back the start time of a potential World Series Game 6 by eight minutes to allow Democrat Barack Obama to purchase a half-hour of air time on the Fox network.

Baseball spokesman Pat Courtney said Thursday that the game time would now be set for 8:35 p.m.

The Obama presidential campaign said Oct. 9 that it had bought the 8-8:30 p.m slot on CBS and NBC.

“Fox will accommodate Senator Obama’s desire to communicate with voters in this long-form format,” network spokesman Lou D’Ermilio said in a statement. “We are pleased that Major League Baseball has agreed to delay the first pitch of World Series Game 6 for a few minutes in order for Fox to carry his program on Oct. 29. If requested, the network would be willing to make similar time available to Senator McCain’s campaign.”

The World Series has not gone to a sixth game since 2003

Donger
10-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Assail away at how Obama is presumptuously interrupting your <del>cricket</del> baseball, Donger.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-worldseries-obama&prov=ap&type=lgns

NEW YORK (AP)—Major League Baseball has agreed to push back the start time of a potential World Series Game 6 by eight minutes to allow Democrat Barack Obama to purchase a half-hour of air time on the Fox network.

Baseball spokesman Pat Courtney said Thursday that the game time would now be set for 8:35 p.m.

The Obama presidential campaign said Oct. 9 that it had bought the 8-8:30 p.m slot on CBS and NBC.

“Fox will accommodate Senator Obama’s desire to communicate with voters in this long-form format,” network spokesman Lou D’Ermilio said in a statement. “We are pleased that Major League Baseball has agreed to delay the first pitch of World Series Game 6 for a few minutes in order for Fox to carry his program on Oct. 29. If requested, the network would be willing to make similar time available to Senator McCain’s campaign.”

The World Series has not gone to a sixth game since 2003

I hate cricket. Always have.

That being said, if the network wants to accommodate a paying customer, I see no problem with them doing so.

Adept Havelock
10-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Cricket?

Belgium, man. Belgium. :shake:

bango
10-16-2008, 10:32 PM
I can not believe this at all. He is not even President yet and he has already taken over one of the major media sources. This is just like the Soviet Union.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2008, 10:35 PM
I hate cricket. Always have.

That being said, if the network wants to accommodate a paying customer, I see no problem with them doing so.

So the city of Denver wasn't reaping financial benefits from the patronage of the DNC?

Logical
10-16-2008, 10:36 PM
I find it amazing he is buying a 1/2 hour on the Faux Network, not exactly his target audience.ROFL

Logical
10-16-2008, 10:37 PM
I can not believe this at all. He is not even President yet and he has already taken over one of the major media sources. This is just like the Soviet Union.Actually it is at least 3 if you read the thread OP completely.

jAZ
10-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Didn't the NFL move the opening night of the NFL season up to be sure that McCain had a huge football audiience leading into his acceptance speech?

bango
10-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Actually it is at least 3 if you read the thread OP completely.

I am going to let the cat out of the bag now seeing as I have taken a lot of slack for some of my posts here. If I post something that is very pro or anti democrat or republican, I am joking. I would have hoped that these types of over the top for me posts would have given that away.

Logical
10-16-2008, 11:13 PM
I am going to let the cat out of the bag now seeing as I have taken a lot of slack for some of my posts here. If I post something that is very pro or anti democrat or republican, I am joking. I would have hoped that these types of over the top for me posts would have given that away.You are still a n00b to me, sorry I am not ready to recognize your subtle plays for humor.

whoman69
10-17-2008, 08:50 AM
I find it amazing he is buying a 1/2 hour on the Faux Network, not exactly his target audience.ROFL

We're talking about the Fox network, not Fox News. Its the network of Family Guy, the Simpsons and their shows are mostly slanted to a younger audience. Buying time on Fox News Network would be futile.

triple
10-17-2008, 09:32 AM
damn Fox and their conservative bias

jiveturkey
10-17-2008, 09:37 AM
I am going to let the cat out of the bag now seeing as I have taken a lot of slack for some of my posts here. If I post something that is very pro or anti democrat or republican, I am joking. I would have hoped that these types of over the top for me posts would have given that away.Your posts read like some of our actual whack jobs.

Amnorix
10-17-2008, 09:40 AM
You are still a n00b to me, sorry I am not ready to recognize your subtle plays for humor.

Hell, you're so old I'm a n00b to you. :D