PDA

View Full Version : General Politics will SNL

Friendo
10-17-2008, 09:47 PM
treat Palin with kid-gloves, or pull a Colbert-like roast? Certain situations call for the Colbert treatment and this is one imo.

Guru
10-17-2008, 09:55 PM
SNL does skits not actual interviews. I don't think you will see a Colbert or Stewart moment.

Mr. Kotter
10-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Yeah, go ahead....call her for covering for daughter's pregnancy and down-syndrome kid. And call her a hypocrite--because she's just tryin' to raise a family, like everyone else, and....Gosh, her daughter messed up. Stupid wench. Go ahead. Really.

And then you can call her a MILF to her face. Sure. Then you should go on with the adultery allegations. Then call her stupid. That would be really good.

You end by accusing her husband of adultery too; and of fuggin' his own daughters. Go ahead. Seriously.

The stupid bitch deserves all of that, right? :shrug:

J Diddy
10-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Yeah, go ahead....call her for covering for daughter's pregnancy and down-syndrome kid. And call her a hypocrite. Go ahead. Really.

And then you can call her a MILF to her face. Sure. Then you should go on with the adultery allegations. Then call her stupid. That would be really good.

You end by accusing her husband of adultery too; and of fuggin' his own daughters. Go ahead. Seriously.

I think you're a covert republican spy who's not really good at being covert.

Mr. Kotter
10-17-2008, 10:06 PM
I think you're a covert republican spy who's not really good at being covert.

Sorry; I didn't appreciate the witch hunt of Bill Clinton....until the Blue-dress exposed him as a hypocrite and liar. I defended him until the Drudge story proved to be fact.

I know, foolish consistency is the hobgobblin of weak minds, right....sorry I choose to be consistent, in granting her the benefit of the doubt in this shark feeding frenzy. But, hey, I understand. It's fine. Really.

I mean, hypocrisy is so "en vogue" these days...on both sides of the isle. No one else will care. Right?

:shrug:

:hmmm:

Friendo
10-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah, go ahead....call her for covering for daughter's pregnancy and down-syndrome kid. And call her a hypocrite--because she's just tryin' to raise a family, like everyone else, and....Gosh, her daughter messed up. Stupid wench. Go ahead. Really.

actually I had something more reality-based in mind, like say "the two sides of Palin". Fey could play the SNL PR culture-savvy Palin, and Sarah would just play herself.

Guru
10-17-2008, 10:09 PM

HOw long have you had your name bolded Kotter?

Mr. Kotter
10-17-2008, 10:09 PM
actually I had something more reality-based in mind, like say "the two sides of Palin". Fey could play the SNL PR culture-savvy Palin, and Sarah would just play herself.

I'd prefer the roast that you originally suggested. I mean, seriously, I'm sure the American people would really love her to be put in her "place" by those role models and mentors at SNL....I mean, they, of all people have been such...inspirational and revered figures in American society and history. Why shouldn't they put a stupid bitch like Palin in her rightful place, bro? Word?

Mr. Kotter
10-17-2008, 10:10 PM
HOw long have you had your name bolded Kotter?

What?

J Diddy
10-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Sorry; I didn't appreciate the witch hunt of Bill Clinton....until the Blue-dress exposed him as a hypocrite and liar. I defended him until the Drudge story proved to be fact.

I know, foolish consistency is the hobgobblin of weak minds, right....sorry I choose to be consistent, in granting her the benefit of the doubt in this shark feeding frenzy. But, hey, I understand. It's fine. Really.

I mean, hypocrisy is so "en vogue" these days...on both sides of the isle. No one else will care. Right?

:shrug:

:hmmm:

The problem I had with the witch hunt on Bill Clinton was the proposed consequences didn't come close to the crime

Guru
10-17-2008, 10:11 PM
What?

Above your avy. Your name is in bold. Has it been that way for a while or did it just start?

J Diddy
10-17-2008, 10:11 PM
What?

your name it's bold

just like your real political affiliation

Friendo
10-17-2008, 10:12 PM
I'd prefer the roast that you originally suggested. I mean, seriously, I'm sure the American people would really love her to be put in her "place" by those role models and mentors at SNL....I mean, they, of all people have been such...inspirational and revered figures in American society and history. Why shouldn't they put a stupid bitch like Palin in her rightful place, bro? Word?

ROFL those Manhattan meanies! sauce for the goose "bro" word?

Mr. Kotter
10-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Above your avy. Your name is in bold. Has it been that way for a while or did it just start?

Hell, I don't know; I don't usually notice these things. After my last contribution/donation, I was told that by contributing to the Planet....your name was "bolded." I thought it meant just on the members page, or the members "logged-in" listing on the 'front-page.' If they've changed it to include bolding above the avvy....that's news to me. Whatever.

I've tried to give a little to the Planet each of the last 3-4 years, either as a donation or in a charity associated with the Planet. Personally, I couldn't care less about any bolding. It's been a cool place to hang; the place has earned those donations, as far as I'm concerned. I certainly don't need my name bolded, unless it somehow (doubtful) encourages other folks who enjoy the place to donate. In which case, fine...whatever.

Logical
10-17-2008, 10:18 PM

The stupid bitch deserves all of that, right? :shrug:Well it would be hilarious, but McCain is the villain for having chosen such an unqualified idiot. Sarah Palin is merely a power hungry wench who is getting her political come-uppance.

Logical
10-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Hell, I don't know; I don't usually notice these things. After my last contribution/donation, I was told that by contributing to the Planet....your name was "bolded." I thought it meant just on the members page, or the members "logged-in" listing on the 'front-page.' If they've changed it to include bolding above the avvy....that's news to me. Whatever.

I've tried to give a little to the Planet each of the last 3-4 years, either as a donation or in a charity associated with the Planet. Personally, I couldn't care less about any bolding. It's been a cool place to hang; the place has earned those donations, as far as I'm concerned. I certainly don't need my name bolded, unless it somehow (doubtful) encourages other folks who enjoy the place to donate. In which case, fine...whatever.It has always been above the avy Rob you just never noticed.

Guru
10-17-2008, 10:21 PM

I've tried to give a little to the Planet each of the last 3-4 years, either as a donation or in a charity associated with the Planet. Personally, I couldn't care less about any bolding. It's been a cool place to hang; the place has earned those donations, as far as I'm concerned. I certainly don't need my name bolded, unless it somehow (doubtful) encourages other folks who enjoy the place to donate. In which case, fine...whatever.

Just curious. I donated back in August and have never been bolded. Personally, I like to know who has done something for the good of the community.

Mr. Kotter
10-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Just curious. I donated back in August and have never been bolded. Personally, I like to know who has done something for the good of the community.

I donated last spring, maybe they are playing catch up. I've also donated in multiple consecutive years. I doubt that has anything to do with it though.

Please PM one of the mods; tell them to bold you instead of me. I'm completely okay with that. I'm sure you've done much, much more "good" here than I....as I've been a ramblin' man/visitor to this place....relatively speaking, anyway....of late. I'd be happy to transfer the "bolding" to you. Link Da Face or one of the other mods to this post. Knock yourself out, man.

It has always been above the avy Rob you just never noticed.

Why isn't yours bolded then---I know you've given to this place, generously. Are they just playin' catch-up, or what?

Guru
10-17-2008, 10:42 PM
I donated last spring, maybe they are playing catch up. I've also donated in multiple consecutive years. I doubt that has anything to do with it though.

Please PM one of the mods; tell them to bold you instead of me. I'm completely okay with that. I'm sure you've done much, much more "good" here than I....as I've been a ramblin' man/visitor to this place....relatively speaking, anyway....of late. I'd be happy to transfer the "bolding" to you. Link Da Face or one of the other mods to this post. Knock yourself out, man.

Why isn't yours bolded then---I know you've given to this place, generously. Are they just playin' catch-up, or what?

I don't mind others being bolded. I was just curious when yours started is all. Maybe Kyle will eventually get to me. You can stay bolded for a year if you ask me. heh Based on responses I read, a very small minority throw money at the site as it is.

Thig Lyfe
10-17-2008, 11:30 PM
SNL does skits not actual interviews. I don't think you will see a Colbert or Stewart moment.

He's referring to Colbert's performance at the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner in 2006, where he eviscerated Bush while he was sitting mere feet away.

Pitt Gorilla
10-17-2008, 11:31 PM

The stupid bitch deserves all of that, right? :shrug:I think you've lost your mind.

Guru
10-17-2008, 11:32 PM
He's referring to Colbert's performance at the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner in 2006, where he eviscerated Bush while he was sitting mere feet away.Well I missed that one.

Logical
10-17-2008, 11:33 PM

Why isn't yours bolded then---I know you've given to this place, generously. Are they just playin' catch-up, or what?No I was taken off the list after my dustup in July. I am fine with that.

Thig Lyfe
10-18-2008, 12:15 AM
Well I missed that one.

...How?

The Wikipedia article about it was actually featured on the front page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Colbert_at_the_2006_White_House_Correspondents%27_Association_Dinner

whoman69
10-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Certainly there have been agents outside of the Obama campaign that have gone out of bounds. Frankly I think every time a baseless accusation is thrown out there it lessens the impact of those truths which we should be paying more attention to. For her part and that of the McCain campaign, they have played the victim role very well but have also been hypocritical. She stated that her daughter's problem was a family matter but then puts them in the national spotlight at the Republican convention when her agenda can be put out there. Its fair game to point out that she is for abstinance only sex ed and her daughter is pregnant. The other stuff out there was not.

Palin has a lot to be called out for. The fact that she cannot give interviews, is presented as a great crusader for government reform when her career is full of cronyism and pork barrell spending and her views on book banning all should be brought out to light. The impact of those parts of her character are negated by all the mistruths put out there. The campaign has been free to paint her as whatever they want. The Obama campaign probably made the right decision to stay out of it.