PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Poll : Should POTUS candidates have to submit to a polygraph tests ?

ROYC75
10-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Do you think a POTUS candidate should submit to a polygraph tests, 1 for the primary and one for the general election ?

Vote and Discuss .

Nightfyre
10-18-2008, 09:53 PM
:spock:

banyon
10-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Their unreliability is so poor that they cannot be used in most courts as evidence, so no.

OnTheWarpath58
10-18-2008, 09:58 PM
:spock:

Come on. Don't act surprised. This is Roy we're talking about - remember? All his posts look like this:

Blah, blah blah blah, blabbity blah, Obama's a liar, blah, blah blah-blah-blah.

Is it coming back to you now?

Nightfyre
10-18-2008, 09:58 PM
*Still Speechless...*

Adept Havelock
10-18-2008, 10:07 PM
What an incredibly silly suggestion.

Of course not. Anyone with rudimentary biofeedback skills can spoof one.

Sounds like Roy has been watching too many movies. :shake:

ROYC75
10-18-2008, 10:09 PM
It would give the public a better understanding if the candidate was being honest about the issues and their visions.

banyon
10-18-2008, 10:09 PM
It would give the public a better understanding if the candidate was being honest about the issues and their visions.

how?

ROYC75
10-18-2008, 10:11 PM
What an incredibly silly suggestion.

Sounds like Roy has been watching too many movies. :shake:

# 1, wouldn't it go against their rights ? I dunno ......

# 2 If a candidate has something to hide, he would have to disclose it first to the public.

# 3 it would eliminate October surprises and allow the public view the candidate without all of the smears

Just a thought, that's all .

Adept Havelock
10-18-2008, 10:12 PM

:rolleyes:

If you are unfamiliar with the term, it means they can be tricked into giving false results rather easily.

# 1, wouldn't it go against their rights ? I dunno ......

# 2 If a candidate has something to hide, he would have to disclose it first to the public.

# 3 it would eliminate October surprises and allow the public view the candidate without all of the smears

See above.

Just a thought, that's all .

Not everything you see on TV or in the movies is real. For instance, you can't just upload a virus from your Mac laptop and destroy the evil invaders giant mothership. ;)

ROYC75
10-18-2008, 10:14 PM
:rolleyes:

If you are unfamiliar with the term, it means they can be tricked into giving false results rather easily.

At what % are they false ? I don't know the answer, Last I seen it was 98 % truthful, has that changed ?

RJ
10-18-2008, 10:15 PM
A few days ago I was listening to the local conservative talk radio station. Their callers are pretty much foaming at the mouth here of late. So this woman who really hates Obama gets on the air and she tells a story of how her husband, in order to get a job at Sandia National Labs, had to go through an 18 month security clearance. Said her husband couldn't even go to the bathroom unaccompanied. And she's very upset that Obama doesn't have to go through a similar ordeal to become President.

Oddly, though, she saw no need for McCain or any past POTUS to do the same.

Why would that be?

ROYC75
10-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Their are questions you / I want truthful answers on from the candidates but you / I feel they are not telling the truth on, how are we to know ?

We all know politicians will say anything to get elected , right ?

If the polygraph test was 100 % accurate, you don't thing they should be put to the test.

We are talking about the most important position in our government , I would like to know everything about them.

ROYC75
10-18-2008, 10:18 PM
A few days ago I was listening to the local conservative talk radio station. Their callers are pretty much foaming at the mouth here of late. So this woman who really hates Obama gets on the air and she tells a story of how her husband, in order to get a job at Sandia National Labs, had to go through an 18 month security clearance. Said her husband couldn't even go to the bathroom unaccompanied. And she's very upset that Obama doesn't have to go through a similar ordeal to become President.

Oddly, though, she saw no need for McCain or any past POTUS to do the same.

Why would that be?

I think the POTUS should be put thru several test.

DaFace
10-18-2008, 10:19 PM
For the record, I pressed the wrong button.

RJ
10-18-2008, 10:20 PM
In fairness, I think it would be fun to have a televised event where W was injected with sodium pentathol. WTF, Clinton too. Letterman would make a great host.

ROYC75
10-18-2008, 10:22 PM
In fairness, I think it would be fun to have a televised event where W was injected with sodium pentathol. WTF, Clinton too. Letterman would make a great host.

ROFL

Nightfyre
10-18-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm still speechless.

Taco John
10-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Seems pretty nazi to me.

Cosmos
10-18-2008, 10:24 PM
An insane person is more likely to pass a poly than a sane one.

See Bush/Cheney

Adept Havelock
10-18-2008, 10:26 PM

I thought as much.

Nice to know that you can't undo it, and there are limits on the powers of the Gods of Chiefsplanet.

DaFace
10-18-2008, 10:28 PM
I thought as much.

Nice to know that you can't undo it, and there are limits on the powers of the Gods of Chiefsplanet.

I can change the tally, but I can't change the actual vote as far as I know. So yep, our powers are limited in some ways.

ROYC75
10-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Seems pretty nazi to me.

Why? There are alot of places where one must take test for a certain job, but POTUS is out of touch ?

So I ask, Why not ?

banyon
10-18-2008, 10:31 PM

That's okay these Chiefsplanet polls have about the same reliability as the polygraph.

ROYC75
10-18-2008, 10:33 PM
That's okay these Chiefsplanet polls have about the same reliability as the polygraph.

Then why are they used for some job interviews ?

Seems the POTUS is a job interview ?

Nightfyre
10-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Seems the POTUS is a job interview ?

I should hope not.

Taco John
10-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Why? There are alot of places where one must take test for a certain job, but POTUS is out of touch ?

So I ask, Why not ?

For one, I don't personally have any confidence in these tests. But outside of that, I don't see the need for it, even if they were 100% reliable. I don't believe anyone could get this far if they had Anti-American intentions.

And that's without mentioning the dishonesty of those asking the questions. I could only imagine the mind-numbingly dishonest questions coming from the Fox News crowd now.

BigMeatballDave
10-18-2008, 10:42 PM
I voted yes, but I don't really care. Are POTUS subjected to drug testing?

ROYC75
10-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Anti-American intentions.

Who has said this ?

Ultra Peanut
10-18-2008, 10:54 PM
oh, roy :3

noa
10-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Well, the president is a politician, so the chances of finding one who could pass a polygraph are slim to none.

Logical
10-19-2008, 12:55 AM
Why, the media will find the truth, this is not needed. If you don't believe me ask Sarah Palin or Joe the Plumber.

|Zach|
10-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Great thread.

Direckshun
10-19-2008, 02:03 PM
I think a polygraph test would destroy McCain or Palin.

That said, no.

irishjayhawk
10-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Great thread.

QFT

Programmer
10-19-2008, 07:31 PM
If they have nothing to hide there shouldn't be a problem.

Mr. Laz
10-19-2008, 07:42 PM
meh .... coming from a guy who is SURE that the "other guy" is evil, it's kinda lame

but ... fine with me

the only problem is that everyone would just lie about the results of the polygraph. It wouldn't actually do anything.

Programmer
10-20-2008, 04:12 AM
meh .... coming from a guy who is SURE that the "other guy" is evil, it's kinda lame

but ... fine with me

the only problem is that everyone would just lie about the results of the polygraph. It wouldn't actually do anything.

That would be an easy fix. Make the results public record.

Programmer
10-20-2008, 04:13 AM
Why, the media will find the truth, this is not needed. If you don't believe me ask Sarah Palin or Joe the Plumber.

The media makes up it's own version of the truth. If they can't find dirt they make it up and put it out as truth.

Look how many of you believe virtually everything they read on the internet.