She sucked.

Wahlberg was great. LMAO

banyon
10-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Is that it? Or is she going to do more?

HolmeZz
10-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Is that it? Or is she going to do more?

That's probably it. You're going to hear the Righties claiming they didn't give her much of an opportunity to be funny.

chiefforlife
10-18-2008, 09:39 PM
I have to wait another 42 minutes to see it. Not so good?

OnTheWarpath58
10-18-2008, 09:40 PM
She sucked.

Wahlberg was great. LMAO

Yeah, Wahlberg was the best part of the sketch.

HolmeZz
10-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Wahlberg. LMAO

banyon
10-18-2008, 10:04 PM
Wahlberg. LMAO

Hey donkey! ROFL

Nice way to work in an obscure skit from last week. LMAO

DeezNutz
10-18-2008, 10:06 PM
She sucked? She didn't do anything. She was nothing but a prop for the sketch. Don't you have to do something "to suck"?

Oh, and save your time posting that she's a prop for the McCain campaign. Lolarolalrararl.

HolmeZz
10-18-2008, 10:08 PM
She sucked? She didn't do anything. She was nothing but a prop for the sketch. Don't you have to do something "to suck"?

Oh, and save your time posting that she's a prop for the McCain campaign. Lolarolalrararl.

She is a prop and I think it's likely the McCain campaign wasn't willing to let her do too much in the form of comedy tonight. They've kept her restrained when it comes to anything they don't personally control.

DeezNutz
10-18-2008, 10:10 PM
She is a prop and I think it's likely the McCain campaign wasn't willing to let her do too much in the form of comedy tonight. They've kept her restrained when it comes to anything they don't personally control.

lolaorllalrlaral.

noa
10-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Was it Andy Samberg Whalberg, or the real Whalberg?

HolmeZz
10-18-2008, 10:24 PM

Marky Mark showed up, sans Funky Bunch.

HolmeZz
10-18-2008, 10:25 PM
OMG it's Palin again.

banyon
10-18-2008, 10:25 PM

The real one was tracking down Samberg for last weeks skit.

DeezNutz
10-18-2008, 10:26 PM

"I'm a superstar, a superstar." /Digler/

HolmeZz
10-18-2008, 10:26 PM
I BUILT ME A BRIDGE, IT AINT GOIN NOWHERE

noa
10-18-2008, 10:27 PM

That's awesome, he needed to show that he actually has a sense of humor about it.

Pitt Gorilla
10-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Todd and the moose were nice.

RJ
10-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Tina Fey was funny and I liked the Caribou Barbie line. Was that original?

A waste of Palin's time, IMO.

RJ
10-18-2008, 10:40 PM
That was the MST post.

dirk digler
10-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Wow I was expecting so much more. Why was she on again?

I agree with the rest of you guys Wahlberg was best. I wonder if his being pissed off all week was a setup

Thig Lyfe
10-19-2008, 12:30 AM
Todd and the moose were nice.

Yeah, the rap was pretty good.

Logical
10-19-2008, 12:42 AM
The first skit Tina was dead on funny but Palin was truly boring. I want to say I doubt it was her fault, I suspect it was her handlers overcontrolling things.

Logical
10-19-2008, 01:36 AM
OMG the rap skit is awesome.

Logical
10-19-2008, 01:37 AM
What a waste of an opportunity for Palin.

Taco John
10-19-2008, 02:47 AM
I have to agree that it was a missed opportunity. It's a disappointment, after watching how well McCain handled the opportunity for comedy this past week. Palin should have done a mock interview that took off the direction that McCain was going with his monologue.

memyselfI
10-19-2008, 09:36 AM
My God, she's damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. I think the appearance was fine, not great, but fine. She went into the lion's den and didn't get eaten alive. Win/win for her. IMO.

I thought the first skit with Alec Baldwin was quite clever. I wondered if they would do something with him and her acting like Tina. It wasn't particularly funny but it was poignant with the innuendo.

I thought the rap scene was hilarious. She was poking fun at herself and laughing at herself by laughing at the spoof of herself. I thought it would have been funnier if Tina Fey did it but Amy Poehler is hilarious too.

Direckshun
10-19-2008, 10:51 AM
She didn't do anything, but the lines she DID say were pretty striking.

I mean, she actually said "that's not how my press conferences would have gone."

Wow.

Then she gets in front of a fake press conference, and I'm not shitting you, all she says is "live from New York..."

What a shitty appearance. If you can think of a candidate who's done worse on SNL, I'd like to know.

HolmeZz
10-19-2008, 11:07 AM
She was poking fun at herself and laughing at herself by laughing at the spoof of herself.

lol like totally omg

irishjayhawk
10-19-2008, 07:14 PM
My God, she's damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. I think the appearance was fine, not great, but fine. She went into the lion's den and didn't get eaten alive. Win/win for her. IMO.

It's a sad day when the "lion's den" for a vice-presidential candidate is SNL.

I thought the first skit with Alec Baldwin was quite clever. I wondered if they would do something with him and her acting like Tina. It wasn't particularly funny but it was poignant with the innuendo.

Other than she looked extremely uncomfortable.

I thought the rap scene was hilarious. She was poking fun at herself and laughing at herself by laughing at the spoof of herself. I thought it would have been funnier if Tina Fey did it but Amy Poehler is hilarious too.

Damage control.

Guru
10-20-2008, 05:47 AM
<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/5A0fjyxX-fzK9MtI7N6dgQ"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/5A0fjyxX-fzK9MtI7N6dgQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

It was funny.

Guru
10-20-2008, 05:49 AM
Yeah, the rap was pretty good.

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/N1MZWg4abBA9eOIE4HhstQ"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/N1MZWg4abBA9eOIE4HhstQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 06:20 AM
It's a sad day when the "lion's den" for a vice-presidential candidate is SNL.

Other than she looked extremely uncomfortable.

Damage control.

Walking into a group of people who publicly state they hate you is a walking into a lion's den whether they are actors on SNL or down South in a group of the elderly eating lunch.

She did not look uncomfortable rather she looked controlled. Her handlers once again decided it was best to keep her contained even after the woman had to deliver a debate performance against a 26 year veteran watched by one of the largest audiences in history. Their mistake, IMO. She can give as good as she gets but for some reason wasn't allowed to do so on SNL.

Look, she may not be ready for prime time as on the political stage or as VPOTUS but she is a natural on stage. The similarities between her on stage persona and NObama are striking. They both are performers who happen to be excelling on a national political stage. SCARY.

PRIEST
10-20-2008, 07:16 AM
Was not impressed Palin is a dud at every thing she does minus the old crusty nutz she carry's for McCain

irishjayhawk
10-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Walking into a group of people who publicly state they hate you is a walking into a lion's den whether they are actors on SNL or down South in a group of the elderly eating lunch.

I don't think they "hate" her. She just gives way too much material. And that's still hardly the lion's den.

She did not look uncomfortable rather she looked controlled. Her handlers once again decided it was best to keep her contained even after the woman had to deliver a debate performance against a 26 year veteran watched by one of the largest audiences in history. Their mistake, IMO. She can give as good as she gets but for some reason wasn't allowed to do so on SNL.

In the off stage sequence, she looked very uncomfortable and had trouble delivering her lines with an upbeat manner. Very different than her stump speeches.

Look, she may not be ready for prime time as on the political stage or as VPOTUS but she is a natural on stage. The similarities between her on stage persona and NObama are striking. They both are performers who happen to be excelling on a national political stage. SCARY.

Are you really linking Palin's oratory skills with that of Obama's?

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 09:10 AM
I don't think they "hate" her. She just gives way too much material. And that's still hardly the lion's den.

In the off stage sequence, she looked very uncomfortable and had trouble delivering her lines with an upbeat manner. Very different than her stump speeches.

Are you really linking Palin's oratory skills with that of Obama's?

You, and everyone else, see what you want to see. Folks on Free Republic are claiming SNL was unfair to Sarah Palin. Folks on Democratic Underground claim she bombed. The truth is somewhere in between. In the end though, she neutralizes Tina Fey's impersonation of her because she appeared on the show to participate and laugh at a parody herself.

And, being no big fan of either Palin or NObama I can say they are both cut from the same cloth. They are both slick performers with little real substance. NObama has been on a national stage longer so he's a bit more polished but give Ms. Palin the four years NObama has had since his 2004 debut and she will likely have the same level of polish if not more.

Afterall, I think the teleprompter king would not have been able to deliver the type of performance she did in her debate with Biden.

ROYC75
10-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah, the crap was pretty good.

I fixed your post for you,no need to thank me.

Somebody said she was uncomfortable ? No shit, If I had to listen to that again,I'd die, I was uncomfortable listening to it the 1st time.

WilliamTheIrish
10-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Afterall, I think the teleprompter king would not have been able to deliver the type of performance she did in her debate with Biden.

It's the damndest thing to read your posts these days. I just sit here and laugh as you have been splayed like a Cornish hen.

The woman w/o a political party trying to convince herself that Palin delivered a "performance" in her debate. LMAO

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 11:25 AM

Holy. F*cking. Shit.

irishjayhawk
10-20-2008, 11:29 AM
You, and everyone else, see what you want to see. Folks on Free Republic are claiming SNL was unfair to Sarah Palin. Folks on Democratic Underground claim she bombed. The truth is somewhere in between. In the end though, she neutralizes Tina Fey's impersonation of her because she appeared on the show to participate and laugh at a parody herself.

I agree, though if you're honest with yourself, they really could have done so much more. I don't know which side was restraining...

And, being no big fan of either Palin or NObama I can say they are both cut from the same cloth. They are both slick performers with little real substance. NObama has been on a national stage longer so he's a bit more polished but give Ms. Palin the four years NObama has had since his 2004 debut and she will likely have the same level of polish if not more.

Palin is not really a slick performer. She only has that appearance because of her supporter's naivete. Perhaps you are right; time will tell.

:spock:

Wink, wink.

mlyonsd
10-20-2008, 11:52 AM
It was a missed opportunity.

Palin should have walked up behind Fey at the podium wearing a hockey jersey and banging a hockey stick into her palm.

She also should have asked Alec Baldwin what he was doing in the country.

patteeu
10-20-2008, 12:10 PM

Palin should have walked up behind Fey at the podium wearing a hockey jersey and banging a hockey stick into her palm.

LMAO

oldandslow
10-20-2008, 12:12 PM

You're right.

That is exactly what she should have done.

I thought the performance was meh, but I think most politicians should stay away from comedy TV.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 12:15 PM
It's the damndest thing to read your posts these days. I just sit here and laugh as you have been splayed like a Cornish hen.

The woman w/o a political party trying to convince herself that Palin delivered a "performance" in her debate. LMAO

It was absolutely a performance. She recited lines she'd been given and diverted the topics to her talking points. She did it with a wink and a smile.

Again, give her four years and she will be as slick as NObama is four years after his 2004 debut.

irishjayhawk
10-20-2008, 12:20 PM
It was absolutely a performance. She recited lines she'd been given and diverted the topics to her talking points. She did it with a wink and a smile.

Again, give her four years and she will be as slick as NObama is four years after his 2004 debut.

Whereby performance means obvious dodging and deflection.

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 12:26 PM

So Obama couldn't have pulled off the performance Palin did in her debate, but it'll be four years before Palin is as good as Obama? Brilliant.

irishjayhawk
10-20-2008, 12:28 PM
So Obama couldn't have pulled off the performance Palin did in her debate, but it'll be four years before Palin is as good as Obama? Brilliant.

ROFL

I completely missed that catch.

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 12:45 PM
ROFL

I completely missed that catch.

I think she was planning on letting this go, so I'm gonna give it a quick bump.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 12:47 PM

Not in 2004.

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Not in 2004.

Nope. Your original statement was completely clear. No need to attempt to spin out of it now. Just take your medicine.