PDA

View Full Version : Elections If Powell had won the Repub nomination, who would get your vote?

chris
10-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Thoughts and comments

tiptap
10-19-2008, 08:53 AM
He would have to renounce his position on entry into Iraq. That support at the UN would come front and center. At least in hindsight. He would have to answer for how it came to be when he now sees us ready to leave. Beyond that I have trouble with Powell's inability to make the State Dept. a player in the Bush Admininistration. These are talking points. And Powell represents for Republicans a chance to demonstrate they are not racist and still cleave to Capitalistic answers alone.

chris
10-19-2008, 08:56 AM
He would have to renounce his position on entry into Iraq. That support at the UN would come front and center. At least in hindsight. He would have to answer for how it came to be when he now sees us ready to leave. Beyond that I have trouble with Powell's inability to make the State Dept. a player in the Bush Admininistration. These are talking points. And Powell represents for Republicans a chance to demonstrate they are not racist and still cleave to Capitalistic answers alone.

He did again this morning. Based on the world's intel, Iraq had WMDs. So he approved the action. Hindsite is always 20-20.

chris
10-19-2008, 08:58 AM
I admit this is a knee jerk reaction...but I'm doing my absentee ballot this afternoon...and I'm going to write in Powell. Maybe, just maybe, in a very, very small way, send a message for 2012.

ROYC75
10-19-2008, 09:02 AM
Not really a better option than McCain is .........

tiptap
10-19-2008, 09:05 AM
He did again this morning. Based on the world's intel, Iraq had WMDs. So he approved the action. Hindsite is always 20-20.

Then I would find his judgment as rushed and convenient as the rest of the Bush crew. The inability to differentiate between bin Ladin and Saddam as again a misjudgement. How would he change in order not to be so easily led into such a judgement going forward ie Iran or N. Korea or Pakistan.

banyon
10-19-2008, 09:33 AM
I also think that if Powell had been named as Obama's VP, we would be looking at a Reagan-Mondale type landslide right now.

chris
10-19-2008, 10:36 AM
I also think that if Powell had been named as Obama's VP, we would be looking at a Reagan-Mondale type landslide right now.

Huummm...good idea for another thread. :)

bango
10-19-2008, 11:39 AM
I wonder who Powell would have chosen for a VPOTUS on the ticket?

jidar
10-19-2008, 11:52 AM
I can't answer this because the only thing we know about Powell are his foreign policy credentials and there is an awful lot more to running a country that just that.

Friendo
10-19-2008, 11:54 AM
I admit this is a knee jerk reaction...but I'm doing my absentee ballot this afternoon...and I'm going to write in Powell. Maybe, just maybe, in a very, very small way, send a message for 2012.

ROFL:rolleyes:

beer bacon
10-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Has Powell survived one plane he crashed, let alone five? VOTE McCain and kick out those LIBERALS that have Destroyed our Country!!!!

jidar
10-19-2008, 12:05 PM
Has Powell survived one plane he crashed, let alone five? VOTE McCain and kick out those LIBERALS that have Destroyed our Country!!!!

knock knock mcfly
Bush isn't a liberal

RJ
10-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Can't really say. But the fact that he wouldn't have selected Palin as a running mate would put him at least a few notches above McCain to me.

Ultra Peanut
10-19-2008, 03:38 PM
knock knock mcfly
Bush isn't a liberalThe Republicans have ruined our country! Vote GOP!

Bowser
10-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Not really a better option than McCain is .........

Horseshit.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-19-2008, 03:55 PM
Any respect I had for him went out the window when he gave that propaganda laden pile of horseshit, masquerading as a speech, in front of the UN.

chris
10-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Any respect I had for him went out the window when he gave that propaganda laden pile of horseshit, masquerading as a speech, in front of the UN.

You really haven't paid attention to the details and events behind that speech, have you?

Or have you chosen to ignore them?

ROYC75
10-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Horseshit.

Powell > Military experience and foreign policy, very little economy. Sounds like McCain to me as well .........