PDA

View Full Version : free agent add of the week

Nzoner
10-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Picked up Avery with the Rams and started him over Bruce and Lance Moore

13.2 and shoulda had a 2nd td.

I think Bulger is really taking a liking to this kid.

BigVE
10-20-2008, 02:37 PM
I plucked Matt Schaub off waivers and he gave me a good game. I HAD Romo, picked up Brad Johnson but started Schaub instead. Gave me a "W" for the week.

ZootedGranny
10-21-2008, 12:48 AM
For some reason, in what is normally a ruthless league, no one had picked up Mewelde Moore. I snagged him on Saturday night and he essentially won my matchup.

Pestilence
10-21-2008, 09:06 AM
I'm thinking about picking up the RB from the Patriots......Jarvis Moss-Green...or something like that. Does anyone think he's worth anything?

Sure-Oz
10-21-2008, 09:07 AM
I bet Lamont Jordan if healthy will get more carries

rtmike
10-22-2008, 03:34 PM
I was gonna pick Avery up too until I finally got a WR heavy team to bite on a trade offer.

Spicy McHaggis
10-22-2008, 06:17 PM
I've got a few WR on a bye this week so I've got Avery starting at a WR/TE swing spot. The kids got some speed, that's for sure.

noa
10-22-2008, 06:35 PM
I know New England ain't what it used to be, but Avery is going to be playing AT New England this week, and they just shut down the Broncos passing game pretty effectively. Is that enough deterrent to keep Avery on the bench this week?

Spicy McHaggis
10-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Perhaps. I'm doing it a bit out of necessity but I think Cutler's hand really hindered him on MNF. The Pat's secondary still is fairly thin and Harrison is out now as well so I think Avery could put up some decent #'s.

rad
10-22-2008, 08:17 PM
I put in for BenJarvis Green-Ellis, and Patrick Cobbs

Nzoner
10-26-2008, 04:59 PM
Hell yes!!

Sure-Oz
10-26-2008, 05:03 PM
I cut Chad Johnson for Avery today...

Also cut Justin Fargas for Shaun Hill, in a QB starved league ive got 2 backup QB's now with 2 starting...

Probably help me package a trade now with an injured Bush for a solid RB i hope

Reaper16
10-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Yeah, Avery has been a decent pickup, one could say. :D

I picked up Pierre Thomas under speculation that Deuce could be suspended for a month. Maybe that will bear fruit later on, maybe not.

Deberg_1990
10-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Avery saved my A** today!! Huge pickup!

I had A Rodgers, Forte, and Berrian on bye week with Addai benched.

Nzoner
10-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Yeah, Avery has been a decent pickup, one could say. :D

My 12 man money league is starting to get a little pissed at me,our WW is thin to say the least because we have a 21 round draft and I jumped on Lance Moore and Avery early based on the targets they were getting and both have had some great games for me.

Of course today I started I Bruce over Moore :banghead:

Deberg_1990
10-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Of course today I started I Bruce over Moore :banghead:

Bruce had a few good games earlier in the year but is starting to disappear. But so is JT O Sullivan...

Spicy McHaggis
10-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Avery saved my A** today!! Huge pickup!

I had A Rodgers, Forte, and Berrian on bye week with Addai benched.

Avery FTW.

I must admit though, even though I started him he exceeded my expectations by about 80 yards.

Reaper16
10-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Avery nearly outscored my opponent today, lol. I won 151 - 24. My opponent forgot to take Romo out of his lineup, the dumbass, even with Schaub on his bench. Meanwhile, I had Brees, Westbrook, Avery, and Roddy White. (To say nothing of those who scored ove ten but under twenty points -- Lance Moore and Seve Slaton -- and Andre Johnson, who put up 14 on the bench). I killed it this week.

Ceej
10-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Mine really wasn't an acquisition of the week. But, I started Kevin Walters. He won me my matchup.

In my other league I'd like to start pimping Matt Schaub - again. Dude is nails!

Also, I just picked up the TB D in my smaller $$ league.

Sure-Oz
10-27-2008, 12:28 PM
This week if you have room to stash someone, it'd be Ryan Torain. Coming off of injury finally, Denver was really high on this guy to start till he got hurt before pre-season. Worth a look esp in deep leagues, and their run game sub-par.

Ryan Torain-RB- Broncos Oct. 26 - 11:05 pm et

The Rocky Mountain News expects Ryan Torain to "get increasingly more carries as the second half of the season progresses."
This probably means Torain will get maybe 5-6 touches behind Michael Pittman in Week 9, then if he takes advantage of those he'll continue to get more. Torain shouldn't be counted on for double-digit carries in a game until the Broncos' coaching staff proves it's willing to use him that much.
Source: Rocky Mountain News

Reaper16
11-09-2008, 07:44 AM
This week if you have room to stash someone, it'd be Ryan Torain. Coming off of injury finally, Denver was really high on this guy to start till he got hurt before pre-season. Worth a look esp in deep leagues, and their run game sub-par.

Ryan Torain-RB- Broncos Oct. 26 - 11:05 pm et

The Rocky Mountain News expects Ryan Torain to "get increasingly more carries as the second half of the season progresses."
This probably means Torain will get maybe 5-6 touches behind Michael Pittman in Week 9, then if he takes advantage of those he'll continue to get more. Torain shouldn't be counted on for double-digit carries in a game until the Broncos' coaching staff proves it's willing to use him that much.
Source: Rocky Mountain News
I started Torain this week. It was looking like a great choice; 12 points by the second quarter!

Then he blew his knee out. /sigh. Off to find another running back.

rtmike
11-11-2008, 09:13 AM
As much as I hate the Donks, Torain looks like the real deal. I can see why the Rat was so high on him.
I picked him up for depth as well but dropped him all in the same week...next.

Sure-Oz
11-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Torain probably won't do shit with the donks now after tearing an ACL...he has been known to be injury prone.

That said Tatum Bell is this weeks big pickup...

Deberg_1990
11-12-2008, 04:59 PM
That said Tatum Bell is this weeks big pickup...

Luckily i got him off if waivers today.

Who knows? He could be a nice addition for the playoff run in December.