PDA

View Full Version : Elections MCCAIN/GOP RAISE $164.5 MILLION IN SEPTEMBER

RINGLEADER
10-20-2008, 10:04 AM
Obama's haul is VERY impressive (although I wonder how much they'll be returning after the election... ;) ) but the GOP didn't do too badly either.

Politically it will be interesting to see if all this money translates into the 7%+ advantage that the polls are showing. If it does I don't think there is any way for McCain to win. Without it the election will be much closer though still hard for McCain to win.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-20-2008, 10:12 AM
So then, where has all this money gone, considering he's getting outspent 3-1?

Oh, that's right, you're counting what the entire party pulled in to try and polish a turd.

Nice :thumb:

dirk digler
10-20-2008, 10:14 AM
So then, where has all this money gone, considering he's getting outspent 3-1?

I am curious about this as well. Today McCain said they had $47 million dollars at the start of the month which means they probably have less than half of that now.

Also the Republican National Party has pulled out of several states so I guess I don't understand where all this money is going to.

jAZ
10-20-2008, 10:24 AM
It appears that the Obama/DNC combination for September includes Obama's $150M + Joint Fund's $69M + DNCs $50M. Allowing for possible duplciation of figures, that's somewhere between $240M and $270M in September.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/20/us/politics/20donate.html?em

Mr. Obama’s joint money-raising committee, which can take in checks of more than $30,000 that are divided between the campaign and the D.N.C., collected $69 million in September. The fund funneled $32 million in September to the Obama campaign’s coffers and $26.5 million to the national committee.

The D.N.C., which can spend money on Mr. Obama’s behalf with certain restrictions, announced Sunday it collected nearly $50 million in September and had $27.4 million in cash on hand at the end of the month.

jAZ
10-20-2008, 10:25 AM
I am curious about this as well. Today McCain said they had $47 million dollars at the start of the month which means they probably have less than half of that now.

Also the Republican National Party has pulled out of several states so I guess I don't understand where all this money is going to.

RNC moved toward funding House and Senate battles and quitely cut funding to McCain? I assume the 4-1 is the highest ratio that can be identified in any region in the country.

RJ
10-20-2008, 10:45 AM
There was no lack of tv ads for either candidate in this market yesterday. None of the Obama ads I saw even mentioned McCain, they all focused on his own campaign. McCain's, on the other hand, focused on nothing but Obama, every one was negative.

Between McCain and the Chiefs it was a very negative Sunday. By dinner time, life no longer seemed worth living.

dirk digler
10-20-2008, 10:49 AM
RNC moved toward funding House and Senate battles and quitely cut funding to McCain? I assume the 4-1 is the highest ratio that can be identified in any region in the country.

I know they pulled out of Wisconsin and Maine but other than that I have no idea where their money is going to.