PDA

View Full Version : Life Anyone have a 4 hour class in school?

El Jefe
10-20-2008, 12:26 PM
I am doing a semi spinoff of my other College related thread. I have one class I am taking, it's an Automotive Service Management Class. It's at a CC and it is really not challenging at all, the only challenge for me has been staying awake. I am thinking about not going and just staying up with the homework, and turn it all in when I do go, do my term paper, and take my exam. I haven't decided yet, but so far it's been a giant waste of 4 hours every monday night. Anyone have/did have a 4 hour class before and have any tips on staying attentive? It's a night class FTR.

Demonpenz
10-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Can't you do some other homework in there. Whenever I had those classes. THe most important thing was to get handouts when i was there and then Maybe take a picture of the blackboard once in a while to get the notes down.

Demonpenz
10-20-2008, 12:32 PM
btw How is jiffy lube Tech these days?

Third Eye
10-20-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm currently taking a course on Tuesday nights that lasts three hours. Luckily, it is Management Information Systems II, so I just surf the web when I get bored.

penguinz
10-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Smart professors base all their exams of of their lectures and not the books.

El Jefe
10-20-2008, 12:37 PM
btw How is jiffy lube Tech these days?

Jiffy Lube Techs suck. I work as a Service Manager of an Independent Transmission Shop. I have a few Jiffy Lube stoner techs in my class though, and I just wish they wouldn't open their mouths, because it makes me feel dumber. I am gonna try and catch up on a few books tonight.

Saulbadguy
10-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Do they offer it online? That'd be the bees knees.

rageeumr
10-20-2008, 12:39 PM
I had a few undergrad classes that were that long. But almost my entire MBA program was 4-hour classes. 6PM-10PM at least 2 nights a week. Listening to 4 hours of lecture about international finance will make even the most ass-kiss student want to shove a pencil in his eye just for an excuse to leave.

But the building had Wi-fi, so I sat in the back and dicked around on the interweb most nights.

Third Eye
10-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Smart professors base all their exams of of their lectures and not the books.

Depends on the course.

Pablo
10-20-2008, 01:00 PM
I had a 3-hour Intermediate Microeconomics course once.

It sucked. Pretty hard. Thursday nights 6:30-9:20. I'm dreading next semester because I have a feeling my Business and Econ Forecasting class is gonna be at night. I really hope not.