PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Biden gives his word a crisis 6 months in and begs for love

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Looks like Biden is trying to cushion the blow he knows will be coming. Perhaps it has something to do with that foreign policy briefing their campaign received last week. :spock:

But I thought the Messiah was supposed to make things right with the world? :D

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/10/biden-to-suppor.html

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."

"I've forgotten more about foreign policy than most of my colleagues know, so I'm not being falsely humble with you. I think I can be value added, but this guy has it," the Senate Foreign Relations chairman said of Obama. "This guy has it. But he's gonna need your help. Because I promise you, you all are gonna be sitting here a year from now going, 'Oh my God, why are they there in the polls? Why is the polling so down? Why is this thing so tough?' We're gonna have to make some incredibly tough decisions in the first two years. So I'm asking you now, I'm asking you now, be prepared to stick with us. Remember the faith you had at this point because you're going to have to reinforce us."

"There are gonna be a lot of you who want to go, 'Whoa, wait a minute, yo, whoa, whoa, I don't know about that decision'," Biden continued. "Because if you think the decision is sound when they're made, which I believe you will when they're made, they're not likely to be as popular as they are sound. Because if they're popular, they're probably not sound."

mlyonsd
10-20-2008, 01:30 PM
And people laugh at Palin.

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 01:31 PM
Holy crap, Biden suggests Obama is going to have to deal with a crisis as President?!?

THIS. IS. huge.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Holy crap, Biden suggests Obama is going to have to deal with a crisis as President?!?

THIS

IS

huge.

He's being pretty specific as far as a time frame. That is different than what you just said.

irishjayhawk
10-20-2008, 01:33 PM
He's being pretty specific as far as a time frame. That is different than what you just said.

Yeah, as an international economic crisis isn't entirely possible within the first 6 months of term.

patteeu
10-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Of course they're going to test him. He's both unproven and he's advocated a policy of weakness in foreign affairs. It's like putting a rookie CB in your lineup who has a reputation for soft coverage and discovering that opposing offenses are anxious to test him downfield.

irishjayhawk
10-20-2008, 01:34 PM
And people laugh at Palin.

Two. Completely. Different. Things.

patteeu
10-20-2008, 01:35 PM
BTW, who is Biden campaigning for here? It sounds like an argument for McCain to me.

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 01:35 PM
He's already inheriting a major crisis if he wins. If you're that concerned about Obama dealing with a crisis, you aren't voting for him anyway(ignoring the fact that I have no clue why McCain in a crisis would give anybody more ease).

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Yeah, as an international economic crisis isn't entirely possible within the first 6 months of term.

In the Middle East or Russia? :spock: :doh!:

patteeu
10-20-2008, 01:37 PM
"Because if you think the decision is sound when they're made, which I believe you will when they're made, they're not likely to be as popular as they are sound. Because if they're popular, they're probably not sound." - Joe Biden

It sounds like he's talking about Bush's commitment to the surge to me.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Of course they're going to test him. He's both unproven and he's advocated a policy of weakness in foreign affairs. It's like putting a rookie CB in your lineup who has a reputation for soft coverage and discovering that opposing offenses are anxious to test him downfield.

Sounds like Carl Peterson should run for POTUS. :D

irishjayhawk
10-20-2008, 01:38 PM
In the Middle East or Russia? :spock: :doh!:

Oh, I forgot the Middle East is stable as can be. Russia didn't just strain relations with Georgia.

Hmmmm...

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 01:39 PM
It sounds like he's talking about Bush's commitment to the surge to me.

Ditto, he's preparing his sheeple that NObama is about to break one of his largest campaign promises.

Color me shocked and awed...:doh!: ROFL

mlyonsd
10-20-2008, 01:39 PM
ROFL Predicting your future poll numbers will be down a year before you even take oath at the same time begging your supporters to stand with you really oozes confidence.

Biden is priceless. No wonder the Obama camp has kept him in hiding.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Oh, I forgot the Middle East is stable as can be. Russia didn't just strain relations with Georgia.

Hmmmm...

YOU said he was talking about international economics. I am pointing out he's talking about something that likely has to do with the military.

keg in kc
Denise calling someone 'sheeple' is like me calling someone fat.

HolmeZz

I'd rather put in an aging corner like McCain and watch him bite on every playfake.

triple
I agree with Biden. I think the belligerent powers in the world might be inclined to test Obama's resolve if he wins. I doubt they see him as someone who will get tough on them and I doubt he will do anything to refute that idea.

irishjayhawk
10-20-2008, 01:41 PM
YOU said he was talking about international economics. I am pointing out he's talking about something that likely has to do with the military.

And I'm pointing out that your utter surprise that there could be one is hilariously uninformed.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 01:42 PM
Denise calling someone 'sheeple' is like me calling someone fat.

Oh, that was thoughtful. Nice to see you stepped away from the fridge long enough to post that genous thought, Keg.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 01:43 PM
And I'm pointing out that your utter surprise that there could be one is hilariously uninformed.

No, I am not surprised. I've been saying for MONTHS the guy has NO INTENTIONS of withdrawing troops and is lying. MOF, I worry he'll feel the need to overcompensate for seeming to be too French-y.

His flock are the ones who are going to be surprised at the about face. That is why Biden is begging for their forgiveness ahead of time.

patteeu
10-20-2008, 01:47 PM
I'd rather put in an aging corner like McCain and watch him bite on every playfake.

LMAO I think he's got a few serviceable years left in him.

ROYC75
10-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Keep talking Joe, McCain likes it.

triple
10-20-2008, 01:56 PM
i wondered where Biden had been... seems like they have muzzled he and michelle both in the last few weeks.

bkkcoh
10-20-2008, 02:04 PM
All they have to do, is just give him a chance. That is all he needs....

patteeu
10-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Vote for Obama/Biden if you want a new crisis according to Joe. Now that's a campaign promise I suspect they'll live up to.

DaFace
10-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Well, can you blame him? I'm voting for Obama, but I can see that there are a lot of people in the world expecting him to get elected and immediately solve all of our problems. Given the deep hole we're in right now, the chances of things getting better in the next year are pretty slim. Whether McCain or Obama wins this thing, their approval ratings are probably going to go through the floor once they take office and everyone realizes that things aren't going to get better quickly.

Just seems like he's managing expectations to me.

bkkcoh
10-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Vote for Obama/Biden if you want a new crisis according to Joe. Now that's a campaign promise I suspect they'll live up to.

Let's just hope that it isn't on American soil.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Well, can you blame him? I'm voting for Obama, but I can see that there are a lot of people in the world expecting him to get elected and immediately solve all of our problems. Given the deep hole we're in right now, the chances of things getting better in the next year are pretty slim. Whether McCain or Obama wins this thing, their approval ratings are probably going to go through the floor once they take office and everyone realizes that things aren't going to get better quickly.

Just seems like he's managing expectations to me.

It's WAY beyond managing expectations at this point. NOBama will be a victim of his own lofty rhetoric and campaign manipulation. You can mark my words.

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 02:20 PM
It's WAY beyond managing expectations at this point. NOBama will be a victim of his own lofty rhetoric and campaign manipulation. You can mark my words.

I've marked a lot of your words. They always end up contradicting each other.

Is Obama going to win the election, CCW?

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 02:22 PM
I've marked a lot of your words. They always end up contradicting each other.

Is Obama going to win the election, CCW?

I'll let you know of my prediction on 11/3. But to date, I am still not convinced he has this in the bag and I've said for weeks that if he is not well outside the MOE then he will not win. 11/3 will give us the last polls before the election. Not to mention any surprises that could surfice.

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 02:23 PM
I understand, you don't want to take a risk with your prediction.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 02:25 PM

Only you would read what I just wrote and not understand the reasons why it would be foolish to make a definite prediction at this point.

I do stand by my prediction that if he is not outside the MOE he is not going to win.

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Only you would read what I just wrote and not understand the reasons why it would be foolish to make a definite prediction at this point.

I do stand by my prediction that if he is not outside the MOE he is not going to win.

So you believe Obama would win the election if it was today?

Amnorix
10-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Better to get dealt a crisis (and deal with it) than create one of your own devising for no reason and the f**k it all up at exorbitant cost in blood, treasure and international goodwill.

I can't say enough good things about the current administration. Honestly, they're like the anti-Midas -- everything they touch turns to complete s**t.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 02:32 PM
So you believe Obama would win the election if it was today?

No, the trends have shown a tightening. NObama is even warning his supporters the race will further tighten. The stock market is trending up and gas prices down. So, I do not believe that NObama would win if the election was held today.

McCain has had a terrible month and has ended up being within the MOE to just outside even while the American economy has had it's worst weeks in history.

I know I'm in a minority here but I do not believe he'd be a lock if the election were tomorrow. MOF, I believe there is a good likelihood he'd lose.

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 02:36 PM
No, the trends have shown a tightening.

Very true. Gallup only has Obama up 11 points today.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Very true. Gallup only has Obama up 11 points today.

One poll. Most of them have the race difference to be half of that. But think what you want.

SBK
10-20-2008, 02:53 PM
Post 40 and not one person has said anything remotely close to what the O-bots around here would say if McCain had issued this warning. LMAO

Biden could come out and say Obama is going to F your mother and you O-bots would be thrilled, and agree with him.

Direckshun
10-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Isn't it pretty obvious that the next administration will HAVE to make decisions that the rest of us won't like to deal with these crises at hand?

How is this news?

triple
One poll. Most of them have the race difference to be half of that. But think what you want.

McCain has been gaining in the last 2 weeks but still has a ways to go.

However when you point out the one outlier poll, intentionally to give a false impression of what general polling is right now, that shows your intentions pretty clearly.

Taco John
No, the trends have shown a tightening. NObama is even warning his supporters the race will further tighten. The stock market is trending up and gas prices down. So, I do not believe that NObama would win if the election was held today.

McCain has had a terrible month and has ended up being within the MOE to just outside even while the American economy has had it's worst weeks in history.

I know I'm in a minority here but I do not believe he'd be a lock if the election were tomorrow. MOF, I believe there is a good likelihood he'd lose.

You're an embarassment to rationality.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 02:56 PM
McCain has been gaining in the last 2 weeks but still has a ways to go.

However when you point out the one outlier poll, intentionally to give a false impression of what general polling is right now, that shows your intentions pretty clearly.

Sorry, I'm going by poll of polls and not one particular poll. Sue me.

triple
10-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Post 40 and not one person has said anything remotely close to what the O-bots around here would say if McCain had issued this warning. LMAO

Biden could come out and say Obama is going to F your mother and you O-bots would be thrilled, and agree with him.

I wonder if BO were caught in a candid moment chuckling about his followers' zombie-like mindless devotion, if he would even lose a point in the polls. they'd probably just agree with him.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 02:57 PM
You're an embarassment to rationality.

Yeah, I bet Dewey would be proud of your grasp of the future. :D

Iowanian
10-20-2008, 02:59 PM
There are several potential big problems....Iran....Russia could go into Ukraine, Venezuela getting Russian weapons on our back porch, terrorism.

If Obama is deemed popular world wide because he's thought to be a "hug it out" guy....someone likely WILL see that as weakness and test our chin under Obama.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 02:59 PM
I wonder if BO were caught in a candid moment chuckling about his followers' zombie-like mindless devotion, if he would even lose a point in the polls. they'd probably just agree with him.

Of course not. They would just say he was trying to be 'humble' or he was merely anticipating an attack and trying to blunt it. ROFL

bluehawkdoc
10-20-2008, 03:02 PM
He would just say that he was just chuckling to ferret out the vast right wing conspiracy orchestrated by whoever caught him. Then, he would say "CHANGE", "HOPE" and other mesmerizing words & all would bow, forgive and worship.

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 03:03 PM

A 6 point average in the polls is not particularly close and well outside the MOE of most polls. If Obama wins by 6 points nationally, he'll get close to 400 EVs.

But here you are predicting that he'd lose today even with a 6 point lead in the polls. Why ever would that be?

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 03:06 PM
A 6 point average in the polls is not particularly close and well outside the MOE of most polls.

Most polls have a 3+ point MOE. NObama's lead is currently at 5.3, NOT SIX, on the POP. That is hardly well outside the MOE. Plus, the trend has been the race is tightening.

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Most polls have a 3+ point MOE. NObama's lead is currently at 5.3 on the POP. That is hardly well outside the MOE. Plus, the trend has been the race is tightening.

I assume you're referring to RCP, which only tightened after they conventiently decided to completely disregard the NYTimes poll from their average. A 5-6 point lead on AVERAGE is a fairly sizeable lead outside the MOE, considering a lot of polls have it even larger than that.

I don't even know why you're hanging your hat on any polls when you're claiming Obama would lose today despite being up 6 points nationally. Explain that to me.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 03:12 PM
I assume you're referring to RCP, which only tightened after they conventiently decided to completely disregard the NYTimes poll from their average. A 5-6 point lead on AVERAGE is a fairly sizeable lead outside the MOE, considering a lot of polls have it even larger than that.

I don't even know why you're hanging your hat on any polls when you're claiming Obama would lose today despite being up 6 points nationally. Explain that to me.

Please provide a link that states NObama is up 6 points nationally.

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 03:15 PM

You're such a doofus.

RCP doesn't include Obama's +11 number in gallup OR the +14 in the NYT/CBS poll. Obama's number is likely around +7 nationally if you include those.

Pollster.com has Obama up 5.9 points.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Obama will declare himself the Messiah and the entire world will wonder after the beast, is this it?

ROYC75

Yes, there are many uninformed voters out there.

HolmeZz

Don't be so hard on yourself, Roy.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 03:22 PM
You're such a doofus.

RCP doesn't include Obama's +11 number in gallup OR the +14 in the NYT/CBS poll.

Pollster.com has Obama up 5.9 points.

You are rounding up. I am not. Regardless, the difference is less than a point. Still not well outside the MOE, IMO. Not with the number of undecideds we are seeing.

I tend to believe they will break against NObama (not necessarily for McCain) as they did in the primaries.

dirk digler
10-20-2008, 03:26 PM

Gallup has Obama up 11 and 6

IDP\TIPP has Obama up 6

Reuters\CSPAN\Zogby has Obama up 6

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 03:26 PM
You are rounding up. I am not.

Please tell me what the difference between 5.9 and 6 points in an average of polls means to you.

I tend to believe they will break against NObama (not necessarily for McCain) as they did in the primaries.

I'm not sure if you're just stupid or just unaware, but Obama's cracking 50% in most national polls and basically 49% in the others. Those 'undecideds' could break 70-30 and not make a difference.

And this is ignoring the fact that Obama gets severely underpolled on home lines and gains about 3 points on average in polls where cell phones are used.

StcChief
10-20-2008, 03:31 PM
There are several potential big problems....Iran....Russia could go into Ukraine, Venezuela getting Russian weapons on our back porch, terrorism.

If Obama is deemed popular world wide because he's thought to be a "hug it out" guy....someone likely WILL see that as weakness and test our chin under Obama.yeah, that's been my thought, they like him because they can run over him.... See Jimmy "Print money" Carter II .... only the world is alot different more unstable.

DaFace
10-20-2008, 03:34 PM
For what it's worth, when you have a bunch of polls that all say the same thing, the effective margin of error is much lower than that of any of the individual polls. You can't do it statistically unless they use the exact same methodology, of course, but the concept is there.

In other words, if you had 5 identical polls that all had Obama at +5.3 with a MOE of +/-3, the effective MOE would be closer to +/-1. Of course, this is just talking about sampling error, and issues of coverage or wording could still be at play, not to mention any issues like the supposed Bradley Effect or similar.

ROYC75
10-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Don't be so hard on yourself, Roy.

Shit, I left myself open for that one ....... :eek:

Seriously, I was speaking on behalf of all the obots in the world. We need to inject them with a virus.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Please tell me what the difference between 5.9 and 6 points in an average of polls means to you.

I'm not sure if you're just stupid or just unaware, but Obama's cracking 50% in most national polls and basically 49% in the others. Those 'undecideds' could break 70-30 and not make a difference.

And this is ignoring the fact that Obama gets severely underpolled on home lines and gains about 3 points on average in polls where cell phones are used.

You said that 6 points is well outside the MOE. I pointed out that most polls have a 3+ MOE. You are rounding up to try to make the lead close to double the MOE when it appears it's not.

Again, whatever floats your boat.

ROYC75
10-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Isn't it pretty obvious that the next administration will HAVE to make decisions that the rest of us won't like to deal with these crises at hand?

How is this news?

True, we have know this for some time, no matter who gets in, his 1st term is going to be hell.

mikey23545
10-20-2008, 03:52 PM
I bet I know right now what Biden is talking about.

Osama will be attempting a wildly unpopular nationalization of several key industries immediately after his election, and aided by a moonbat majority in Congress, may very well succeed.

Biden's statement to the fringe that <b>"we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right"</b> and <b>"We're gonna have to make some incredibly tough decisions in the first two years. So I'm asking you now, I'm asking you now, be prepared to stick with us. Remember the faith you had at this point because you're going to have to reinforce us."</b> is an attempt to garner support for a declaration of martial law to control the upheaval caused by the hostile takeover of those industries...

As good a guess as any....

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 03:57 PM
You said that 6 points is well outside the MOE. I pointed out that most polls have a 3+ MOE. You are rounding up to try to make the lead close to double the MOE when it appears it's not.

Again, whatever floats your boat.

You asked me to show you a site that has Obama up 6 points on average. Pollster.com does(no meaningful difference between 5.9 and 6 points), RCP would have Obama up well over 6 if they included the 11+ gallup or the 14+ CBS/NYT poll. FTE.com has Obama up more than 6 as of this moment, though they factor in a tightening before election today, which is why their current national vote projection has Obama winning by about 5 points.

Calcountry
10-20-2008, 03:59 PM

THIS. IS. huge.LMAO

Calcountry
10-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Two. Completely. Different. Thangs.FYP

It is going to be fun watching the left defend rather than attack. A game they haven't played in a while.

Believe me, it is easier to attack.

Calcountry
10-20-2008, 04:03 PM
You asked me to show you a site that has Obama up 6 points on average. Pollster.com does(no meaningful difference between 5.9 and 6 points), RCP would have Obama up well over 6 if they included the 11+ gallup or the 14+ CBS/NYT poll. FTE.com has Obama up more than 6 as of this moment, though they factor in a tightening before election today, which is why their current national vote projection has Obama winning by about 5 points.Hey Sherlock, can you give me an over under on what time on election night, the race will be called?

Ari Chi3fs
10-20-2008, 04:04 PM
There will be more than one crisis in the first six months.

One being the EPIC FAIL of the US Govt finances.
Two will be some 'terrorist' attack.
Three will be martial law.

Calcountry
10-20-2008, 04:04 PM
I bet I know right now what Biden is talking about.

Osama will be attempting a wildly unpopular nationalization of several key industries immediately after his election, and aided by a moonbat majority in Congress, may very well succeed.

Biden's statement to the fringe that "we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right" and "We're gonna have to make some incredibly tough decisions in the first two years. So I'm asking you now, I'm asking you now, be prepared to stick with us. Remember the faith you had at this point because you're going to have to reinforce us." is an attempt to garner support for a declaration of martial law to control the upheaval caused by the hostile takeover of those industries...

As good a guess as any....Joe's biden his time.

StcChief
10-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Joe's biden his time.ain't that the truth...

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Hey Sherlock, can you give me an over under on what time on election night, the race will be called?

I don't have the foggiest idea and I wouldn't even pretend to by guessing.

dirk digler
10-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Hey Sherlock, can you give me an over under on what time on election night, the race will be called?

noon ;)

WilliamTheIrish
10-20-2008, 04:18 PM

You weren't trying to be funny were you? Sometimes that's when the joke is the funniest.

J Diddy
10-20-2008, 04:39 PM
FYP

It is going to be fun watching the left defend rather than attack. A game they haven't played in a while.

Believe me, it is easier to attack.

Especially if bush is the target.

RJ
10-20-2008, 04:54 PM
[QUOTE=memyselfI;5135722]You are rounding up. I am not. QUOTE]

Wow. That's funny stuff right there.

dirk digler
10-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Here you go Denise

ABC\Washington Post has Obama up 9 53-44

RJ
10-20-2008, 05:02 PM
FiveThirtyEight has Obama up by 4.9 with a win % of 93.1.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Again, I'm not going to get all up in arms over one poll one way or the other at this time. I was asked if I thought NObama would win today if the election was today and I said no.

I know many partisans who are crazy about him and many CONS who aren't. It's the people in the middle I know who are having a tough time committing to him and I believe there are a lot of folks out there who are like this.

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Again, I'm not going to get all up in arms over one poll one way or the other at this time. I was asked if I thought NObama would win today if the election was today and I said no.

I know many partisans who are crazy about him and many CONS who aren't. It's the people in the middle I know who are having a tough time committing to him and I believe there are a lot of folks out there who are like this.

Obama is up double digits on McCain with independents in most polls. Try again.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 05:17 PM
You asked me to show you a site that has Obama up 6 points on average. Pollster.com does(no meaningful difference between 5.9 and 6 points), RCP would have Obama up well over 6 if they included the 11+ gallup or the 14+ CBS/NYT poll. FTE.com has Obama up more than 6 as of this moment, though they factor in a tightening before election today, which is why their current national vote projection has Obama winning by about 5 points.

Great, thanks for the link.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Obama is up double digits on McCain with independents in most polls. Try again.

Yeah, and Hillary polled low with them too. Then on election day they swung her way.

dirk digler
10-20-2008, 05:19 PM

Are you serious?

Right now Obama would win 325 electoral college votes. Right now all media outlets have him already over 270 if the polls stayed the same today.

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Yeah, and Hillary polled low with them too. Then on election day they swung her way.

LMAO Holy shit, you don't understand the difference between an Independent and an undecided?

Undecideds are the leftover percentage in the polls. THOSE are the people Hillary consistently did well with.

Independents are the people unaffiliated with a party.

They're not the same.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 05:35 PM
LMAO Holy shit, you don't understand the difference between an Independent and an undecided?

Undecideds are the leftover percentage in the polls. THOSE are the people Hillary consistently did well with.

Independents are the people unaffiliated with a party.

They're not the same.

I meant undecideds. Sorry.

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Yes, I already explained why undecideds are irrelevant if this trend holds. If Obama is cracking 50+ in most national polls, it doesn't matter how the undecideds break as he would've already broken the majority mark.

A 70/30 split among 7% of the population(which is being generous to McCain on the undecideds) is not close to enough to overturn the election if Obama is already sitting near or above 50% beforehand.

Donger
10-20-2008, 05:44 PM
The funny part of all this is that if the Republicans had said what Biden said, they would be damned as being "fear-mongers."

SBK
10-20-2008, 06:18 PM
The funny part of all this is that if the Republicans had said what Biden said, they would be damned as being "fear-mongers."

Post 89 and still no mention of 'fear mongering' or using terrorism as a way to win elections. The double standard is amazing.

Donger
10-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Post 89 and still no mention of 'fear mongering' or using terrorism as a way to win elections. The double standard is amazing.

Selective outrage.

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 06:21 PM

Uh, you think this actually HELPS Obama? :spock:

This was said at a fundraiser. It wasn't a public announcement to get votes.

SBK
10-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Uh, you think this actually HELPS Obama? :spock:

This was said at a fundraiser. It wasn't a public announcement to get votes.

You seriously don't see a double standard here?

Dumb question.

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 06:28 PM
You seriously don't see a double standard here?

Dumb question.

A double standard of what? Biden's quote was not appealing to anyone's fears and it wasn't an attempt to win anyone's vote. For one thing, it was at a fundraiser; it's not a campaign talking point. Number two, it probably hurts Obama more than anything. It changes the subject and brings foreign policy back up.

RJ
10-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Actually, I have no idea why this thread was even posted. It appears to be a thread about nothing.

SBK
10-20-2008, 07:16 PM
A double standard of what? Biden's quote was not appealing to anyone's fears and it wasn't an attempt to win anyone's vote. For one thing, it was at a fundraiser; it's not a campaign talking point. Number two, it probably hurts Obama more than anything. It changes the subject and brings foreign policy back up.

I agree that it hurts him, it's a great case as to why not to vote for him. However, when Republicans bring up anything like this they're fear mongers, when Biden does it he's right.

:shake:

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 07:21 PM
I agree that it hurts him, it's a great case as to why not to vote for him. However, when Republicans bring up anything like this they're fear mongers, when Biden does it he's right.

:shake:

:spock: Republicans aren't going to get called fearmongers if they bring up something that is perceived to hurt their candidate. Fearmongering is playing on people's fears. You can obviously speak differently about yourself than you can about someone else. I can crack a joke about my mother, but that doesn't mean you can. ;)

And again, you're missing the point that this wasn't a public pronouncement. It was just said at a fundraiser.

KCJohnny
10-20-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm in Korea right now. One of the many possible crises and Obama administration might be dealing with is a destabilization of the Korean peninsula caused by a coup in N. Korea or the transition of power here if Kim Jong Il is dead/dying.

memyselfI
10-21-2008, 07:07 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

Morning Joe is reporting that Crisis Joe has been yanked off the campaign trail. The campaign is mad at him.

If the McCain campaign were smart they'd put out a video of NObama saying he's not ready in 06, Biden saying NO is not ready in the primaries and then play an audio of Biden stating this with a voice over saying and 'two weeks before the election the VP candidate is confirming that Obama is STILL not ready.'

PRIEST
10-21-2008, 07:17 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

Morning Joe is reporting that Crisis Joe has been yanked off the campaign trail. The campaign is mad at him.

If the McCain campaign were smart they'd put out a video of NObama saying he's not ready in 06, Biden saying NO is not ready in the primaries and then play an audio of Biden stating this with a voice over saying and 'two weeks before the election the VP candidate is confirming that Obama is STILL not ready.'

is this Palins PRO-AMERICA

Either that or the MSM could pay attention to Palin husband being tied with AIP ,Sarah giving the AIP a warm welcome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx3BCajchD8

memyselfI
10-21-2008, 07:28 AM
is this Palins PRO-AMERICA

Either that or the MSM could pay attention to Palin husband being tied with AIP ,Sarah giving the AIP a warm welcome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx3BCajchD8

Dunno, I am not voting for them either. You could start your own thread and not attempt to divert or hijack mine.

Crisis Joe stepped in it big time.

PRIEST
10-21-2008, 07:39 AM
Dunno, I am not voting for them either. You could start your own thread and not attempt to divert or hijack mine.

My God,You act like Obama is going to go all fetal position and start looking for his binky. That guy has stones. You don't get to where he is, on the cusp of the highest office in the land, without some major cojones. So does McCain, but Obama doesn't use his for thinking.

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 07:50 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

Obviously you and Morning Joe don't have a clue.

Biden is in Colorado this morning to kick off their early voting.

Also quit whining that people are hijacking your thread because everybody hijacks threads and we can do what we want.

memyselfI
10-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Obviously you and Morning Joe don't have a clue.

Biden is in Colorado this morning to kick off their early voting.

Also quit whining that people are hijacking your thread because everybody hijacks threads and we can do what we want.

I'm repeating what Morning Joe reported. If he's wrong, so be it.

And yes, you can post whatever you want but I also have the right to point out that a post completely OFF TOPIC is a diversion and an attempt to hijack a thread.

Yes, we all know it's standard Operating procedure when a thread is unflattering to the Messiah.

memyselfI
10-21-2008, 07:56 AM
Hum, could Biden have actually SPILLED THE BEANS on a planned attempt to 'generate' a crisis that will give NObama the OPPORTUNITY to look strong and show leadership in an attempt to quell any doubts about him and begrudgingly win over Neocon holdouts?

Perhaps the DNC has their own version of a PNAC manifesto staring their Messiah. :doh!::spock:

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 07:56 AM

And yes, you can post whatever you want but I also have the right to point out that a post completely OFF TOPIC is a diversion and an attempt to hijack a thread.

Yes, we all know it's standard Operating procedure when a thread is unflattering to the Messiah.

This thread got diverted\hijacked early when you and Holmezz were arguing about polls.

patteeu
10-21-2008, 07:59 AM
My God,You act like Obama is going to go all fetal position and start looking for his binky. That guy has stones. You don't get to where he is, on the cusp of the highest office in the land, without some major cojones. So does McCain, but Obama doesn't use his for thinking.

Are you saying that he'll overreact to prove that he's not really the pushover that he'll be perceived to be when he takes office? She can speak for herself, but I think that's close to memyselfi's fear. I'm more worried about him being a pushover, myself, but if we're really unlucky, maybe we'll get the worst of both worlds.

PRIEST
10-21-2008, 08:08 AM
Are you saying that he'll overreact to prove that he's not really the pushover that he'll be perceived to be when he takes office? She can speak for herself, but I think that's close to memyselfi's fear. I'm more worried about him being a pushover, myself, but if we're really unlucky, maybe we'll get the worst of both worlds.

I am saying Obama will be fine with what ever the challenge is.

KCJohnny
10-21-2008, 08:29 AM

See ya in June 2009. If Biden is right, we'll see how well Obama + Harry Reid + Nancy Pelosi handles the governing of these United States in a major international crisis. Be sure and come back.

KCJohnny
10-21-2008, 08:35 AM
Biden:

“I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate. And he’s gonna need help. And the kind of help he’s gonna need is, he’s gonna need you - not financially to help him - we’re gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it’s not gonna be apparent initially, it’s not gonna be apparent that we’re right.”
“Gird your loins. We’re gonna win with your help, God willing, we’re gonna win, but this is not gonna be an easy ride. This president, the next president, is gonna be left with the most significant task. It’s like cleaning the Augean stables, man. This is more than just, this is more than – think about it, literally, think about it – this is more than just a capital crisis, this is more than just markets. This is a systemic problem we have with this economy.”

I read a radical withdrawal of all troops from Iraq, Korea and a tripling of (ill-advised) efforts to "get Bin Laden" who is probably dead.

This will inflame the Islamic world who will never, ever trust us again. Al Qaeda, Hezbollah and Hamas will be the big winners here. Foreign policy and national security are not learn-as-you-go endeavors.

It could also be a massive government takeover of the economy and the health care industry. But Biden is clearly intimating big 'change'.

PRIEST
10-21-2008, 08:44 AM
See ya in June 2009. If Biden is right, we'll see how well Obama + Harry Reid + Nancy Pelosi handles the governing of these United States in a major international crisis. Be sure and come back.

I will be looking for you come Nov 4. When President Obama is nominated. All the Obama hanging out with terrorists , Marxist crap you have been talking .I understand it's the right wing Fear tactic .

KCJohnny
10-21-2008, 08:48 AM
I will be looking for you come Nov 4. When President Obama is nominated.

Isn't it rather early in the day for you to be drinking?

PRIEST
10-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Isn't it rather early in the day for you to be drinking?

Wow very witty, good day sir & your a Pastor :rolleyes:

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 09:11 AM
I will be looking for you come Nov 4. When President Obama is nominated. All the Obama hanging out with terrorists , Marxist crap you have been talking .I understand it's the right wing Fear tactic .

He won't show like most of the people from the right. It will be a great disappearing act.

For me I will be here win or lose to celebrate or get made fun of.

patteeu
10-21-2008, 09:29 AM

His complete misjudgment on the surge, his clumsy and undiplomatic public references to attacking Pakistan, and his naive calls for talks without preconditions with our adversaries must be what makes you so confident. Carry on, Obama soldier.

KCJohnny
10-21-2008, 09:35 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fpjAs4vtc1w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fpjAs4vtc1w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:hmmm:

Taco John
10-21-2008, 10:55 AM
We can only hope that Obama handles his first "crisis" as well as Bush handled the downing of our spy plane by the Chinese. Minus the part where the Chinese get to dismantle the entire plane and get state secrets from us.

RJ
10-21-2008, 10:59 AM

You hijacked your own thread.

triple
10-21-2008, 11:06 AM
awesome

Kristol: What Biden Implied

John McCain took note Monday of Joe Biden’s remarks the day before at a Seattle fundraiser (where Biden apparently didn’t realize at first there were media present). But there’s more McCain could say.

Here’s McCain, in Belton, Missouri:

Just last night, Senator Biden guaranteed that if Senator Obama is elected, we will have an international crisis to test America’s new President. We don’t want a President who invites testing from the world at a time when our economy is in crisis and Americans are already fighting in two wars.

What is more troubling is that Senator Biden told their campaign donors that when that crisis hits, they would have to stand with them because it wouldn't be apparent Senator Obama would have the right response.

Forget apparent. Senator Obama won’t have the right response, and we know that because we’ve seen the wrong response from him over and over during this campaign. He opposed the surge strategy that is bringing us victory in Iraq and will bring us victory in Afghanistan. He said he would sit down unconditionally with the world's worst dictators. When Russia invaded Georgia, Sen. Obama said the invaded country should show restraint.

McCain is right that the last part of Biden’s statement is the most troubling--that when Obama is tested, it won’t be apparent that his response is correct. But what does Biden mean by this? What kind of response by Obama is Biden forecasting?

Take another look at what Biden said:

It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking.... Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy....

I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate… And he’s gonna need help. And the kind of help he’s gonna need is, he’s gonna need you - not financially to help him - we’re gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it’s not gonna be apparent initially, it’s not gonna be apparent that we’re right.

So Biden expects a test of the kind Kennedy faced after his disastrous meeting with Khrushchev in Vienna in June, 1961, less than five months into Kennedy’s presidency. Biden’s presumably thinking of the Soviet-backed construction of the Berlin Wall a couple of months later. Kennedy did nothing, and was criticized for his weakness back home.

So--leaving aside the merits of what Kennedy did or didn’t do in 1961--Biden is forecasting that Obama will have what seems to be a weak response to a provocation from, say, Iran or Russia, and he’s urging the liberals of Seattle and elsewhere to stand with Obama against the expected domestic criticism.

In other words, Biden is forecasting inaction by Obama in the face of testing by a dictator. I suspect he’s right in this forecast. McCain might want to clarify this point. It’s not just that Obama’s own running mate expects an international crisis early in his presidency. It’s not just that Obama has a weak foreign policy record. It’s that Biden himself expects what will appear to be a weak response from Obama to testing by a dictator.

Now Biden presumaby thinks such an apparently weak response would be in our long-term interest. But McCain needs to force that debate: “Sen. Obama, will you in fact do nothing in response to a Putin provocation against Ukraine or a final push by Ahmadinejad toward nuclear weapons? Isn’t that what your running mate has forecast? Isn’t it awfully dangerous to forecast weakness on the part of an American president?”

PRIEST
10-21-2008, 11:12 AM
His complete misjudgment on the surge, his clumsy and undiplomatic public references to attacking Pakistan, and his naive calls for talks without preconditions with our adversaries must be what makes you so confident. Carry on, Obama soldier.

Damn you sound like Fox News

Fear run the sky is falling super McCain to the rescue NOT

The surge =The USA should not be in Iraq to begin with

Preconditions another McCain talking point ,Obama said Preconditions will be involved ,If you do not talk to people how the hell do you expect to get anything done

triple
10-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Preconditions another McCain talking point ,Obama said Preconditions will be involved ,If you do not talk to people how the hell do you expect to get anything done

the only thing he said was not at the presidential level. we already talk with these countries, just not at the presidential level, without preconditions.

ROYC75
10-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Looks as thou Biden is telling Americans that Obama is not ready to lead the country , again.

patteeu
10-21-2008, 12:11 PM
the only thing he said was not at the presidential level. we already talk with these countries, just not at the presidential level, without preconditions.

:thumb:

Chief Henry
10-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Looks as thou Biden is telling Americans that Obama is not ready to lead the country , again.

Pretty much.

Biden is begging for slack from the public already ROFL

KCJohnny
10-21-2008, 06:37 PM
The surge =The USA should not be in Iraq to begin with

PRIEST just cast an Obamafist vote for Saddam Hussein.

PRIEST
10-21-2008, 06:59 PM
PRIEST just cast an Obamafist vote for Saddam Hussein.

Right wing TURD

ROFL

BigRedChief
10-21-2008, 07:27 PM
this is a duh?

2 wars and a war against terriosts.

Economy in crisis.

Healthcare and Jobs are in the crapper.

Nahhhhh he's not going to be tested.

Smed1065
10-21-2008, 08:10 PM
this is a duh?

Economy in crisis.

But Obama is what got us here! Not the 90% maverick.

KCJohnny
10-21-2008, 08:24 PM
But Obama is what got us here! Not the 90% maverick.

If you don't think it can get much, much worse, you are dreaming. Especially with a dem Congress rubber-stamping a socialist agenda.

Chiefshrink
10-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Joe Biden (ala Ted Baxter) strikes again!!!! Keep it comin Ted!!! For those of you who are too young or not even born to remember the "Mary Tyler Moore" show, Ted(news anchor) loved to hear himself talk and look very important was ALWAYS sticking his foot in his mouth. Great character-really funny!

Hydrae
10-21-2008, 08:58 PM

"Well that is very nice for her. I hear those black boys can be quite the lovers."

;)

KILLER_CLOWN
10-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Colin Powell Warns Of Coming Crisis “We Don’t Even Know About Right Now”

Echoes Biden comments that Obama will be tested in early days of his term

Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Tuesday, Oct 21, 2008

Colin Powell has made bizarre comments that echo the recent declaration by Democratic VP candidate Joe Biden that there will be an “international crisis” early into Barack Obama’s presidency that will test the new president by forcing him to make unpopular decisions.

Speaking on meet the press two days ago, Powell officially endorsed Obama and also made the following statement:

“The problems will always be there and there’s going to be a crisis which will come along on the 21st, 22nd of January that we don’t even know about right now.

So I think what the President has to start to do is to start using the power of the oval office and the power of his personality to convince the American people and convince the world that America is solid, that America is going to move forward, we are going to fix our economic problems, we’re going to meet out overseas obligations.”

Watch Powell make the comment at 2.35 into the following video:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_LDBOPcHpeo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_LDBOPcHpeo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Is Colin Powell referring to a theoretical crisis that could occur at any time? If so why does he choose a specific date, within the first two days after the inauguration? Also why does he refer to general problems that the new president will have to deal with in a separate context? We are already in an economic crisis, everyone knows that, so what new crisis is Powell talking about?

Whatever you read into Powell’s comments, they sound somewhat bizarre, particularly as they come on the back of Joe Biden’s “guarantee” of a “generated crisis” to “test the mettle” of the new leader within six months of the new presidential term:

What does Biden mean by “generated crisis”? It is an undeniably strange term to use.

His reference to John F. Kennedy indicates that Biden may have been referring some kind of geopolitical crisis in the vain of the Cuban missile crisis of April 1961. The confrontation between the United States, the Soviet Union, and Cuba at the height of the Cold War came within the first four months of JFK’s presidency.

Obama’s running mate made the comments at a fundraising event in Seattle two days ago, on the same day Powell also spoke of a coming crisis.

We shouldn’t be surprised at Powell’s comments however, given that the former Secretary of State seemingly has a knack for predicting events before they take place.

Previous to the beginning of the Iraq war in February 2003, an audio tape containing a voice described as that of Osama Bin Laden was touted as proof positive of Al Qaeda links with Saddam Hussein.

Hours before the tape was discovered and aired by TV channel Al Jazeera, Powell announced in the US Senate that a “Bin Laden tape is coming proving Iraq’s links with Al-Qaeda.”

This led some to raise the question how does Colin Powell know what Al Jazeera are going to broadcast before they do?

In an amazing and timely coincidence, the tape came barely a week after Powell’s attempts to link Al Qaeda and Saddam in his botched presentation of lies and exaggerations before the UN Security Council.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/colin-powell-warns-of-coming-crisis-we-dont-even-know-about-right-now.html

Logical
10-21-2008, 10:27 PM

Yes, we all know it's standard Operating procedure when a thread is unflattering to the Messiah.This is absolute bullshit, it is standard procedure here on every thread and it always has been. It has absolutely nothing to do with Obama.

SBK
10-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Colin Powell Warns Of Coming Crisis “We Don’t Even Know About Right Now”

Echoes Biden comments that Obama will be tested in early days of his term

Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Tuesday, Oct 21, 2008

Colin Powell has made bizarre comments that echo the recent declaration by Democratic VP candidate Joe Biden that there will be an “international crisis” early into Barack Obama’s presidency that will test the new president by forcing him to make unpopular decisions.

Speaking on meet the press two days ago, Powell officially endorsed Obama and also made the following statement:

“The problems will always be there and there’s going to be a crisis which will come along on the 21st, 22nd of January that we don’t even know about right now.

So I think what the President has to start to do is to start using the power of the oval office and the power of his personality to convince the American people and convince the world that America is solid, that America is going to move forward, we are going to fix our economic problems, we’re going to meet out overseas obligations.”

Watch Powell make the comment at 2.35 into the following video:

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_LDBOPcHpeo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Is Colin Powell referring to a theoretical crisis that could occur at any time? If so why does he choose a specific date, within the first two days after the inauguration? Also why does he refer to general problems that the new president will have to deal with in a separate context? We are already in an economic crisis, everyone knows that, so what new crisis is Powell talking about?

Whatever you read into Powell’s comments, they sound somewhat bizarre, particularly as they come on the back of Joe Biden’s “guarantee” of a “generated crisis” to “test the mettle” of the new leader within six months of the new presidential term:

What does Biden mean by “generated crisis”? It is an undeniably strange term to use.

His reference to John F. Kennedy indicates that Biden may have been referring some kind of geopolitical crisis in the vain of the Cuban missile crisis of April 1961. The confrontation between the United States, the Soviet Union, and Cuba at the height of the Cold War came within the first four months of JFK’s presidency.

Obama’s running mate made the comments at a fundraising event in Seattle two days ago, on the same day Powell also spoke of a coming crisis.

We shouldn’t be surprised at Powell’s comments however, given that the former Secretary of State seemingly has a knack for predicting events before they take place.

Previous to the beginning of the Iraq war in February 2003, an audio tape containing a voice described as that of Osama Bin Laden was touted as proof positive of Al Qaeda links with Saddam Hussein.

Hours before the tape was discovered and aired by TV channel Al Jazeera, Powell announced in the US Senate that a “Bin Laden tape is coming proving Iraq’s links with Al-Qaeda.”

This led some to raise the question how does Colin Powell know what Al Jazeera are going to broadcast before they do?

In an amazing and timely coincidence, the tape came barely a week after Powell’s attempts to link Al Qaeda and Saddam in his botched presentation of lies and exaggerations before the UN Security Council.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/colin-powell-warns-of-coming-crisis-we-dont-even-know-about-right-now.html

Well Biden and Powell are both good at giving reasons not to vote for Obama. LMAO

HolmeZz
10-21-2008, 11:16 PM
What the hell would make anyone believe McCain would be better at dealing with a crisis?

patteeu
10-22-2008, 06:50 AM
this is a duh?

Economy in crisis.

He's not talking about being tested by challenges already identified.

patteeu
10-22-2008, 06:57 AM
What the hell would make anyone believe McCain would be better at dealing with a crisis?

What makes you think there would even be a crisis if McCain is elected. That's the difference between electing an unproven neophyte who is seen as weak when it comes to foreign affairs and electing a guy who understands that it is through strength that these types of challenges are avoided.

BucEyedPea
10-22-2008, 07:26 AM
Hmmm? What could this mean? Perhaps, an economic crisis. Volcker is an advisor to Obama. He is widely credited with ending the stagflation of the 70's by curtailing the money supply throwing America into one of the deepest recessions with the highest unemployment rates since the Great Depression even if it brought inflation down from 13% to about 3%. Then Obama could act as FDRII wrapping up the socialization of America. Bush would be like Hoover before him. Then a new ww will be falsely credited with bringing us out of it. LOL! Rinse and repeat history of the 1930's.

There's just as likely to be a crisis with both McCain or Obama. It's one big Demopublican party.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-22-2008, 07:34 AM
Hmmm? What could this mean? Perhaps, an economic crisis. Volcker is an advisor to Obama. He is widely credited with ending the stagflation of the 70's by curtailing the money supply throwing America into one of the deepest recessions with the highest unemployment rates since the Great Depression even if it brought inflation down from 13% to about 3%. Then Obama could act as FDRII wrapping up the socialization of America. Bush would be like Hoover before him. Then a new ww will be falsely credited with bringing us out of it. LOL! Rinse and repeat history of the 1930's.

There's just as likely to be a crisis with both McCain or Obama. It's one big Demopublican party.

;)

KCJohnny
10-22-2008, 07:41 AM
What makes you think there would even be a crisis if McCain is elected. That's the difference between electing an unproven neophyte who is seen as weak when it comes to foreign affairs and electing a guy who understands that it is through strength that these types of challenges are avoided.

I think a guy who was shot down as a fighter pilot over 'Nam and was tortured for his country for 6 years and went on to command a major Naval Combat Fleet might know just a little bit about dealing with crises. But that's just me. I'm easily impressed.

memyselfI
10-22-2008, 07:47 AM

I bet this 'generated crisis' will be used as a basis to effectively drawback on and break promises made during the campaign and implement a power grab ala 9/11 was for DUHbya.

Crisis Joe just let the cat out of the bag. Now when it happens people* will say 'you planned this and knew you would do this before you were even elected' and they'd be right.

*Obots excluded, of course

KILLER_CLOWN
10-22-2008, 07:51 AM
I bet this 'generated crisis' will be used as a basis to effectively drawback on and break promises made during the campaign and implement a power grab ala 9/11 was for DUHbya.

Crisis Joe just let the cat out of the bag. Now when it happens people* will say 'you planned this and knew you would do this before you were even elected' and they'd be right.

*Obots excluded, of course

You are correct, it's create the problem, wait for the reaction then offer the BS solution. Rinse and repeat until America is total 3rd world serfdom.

KCJohnny
10-22-2008, 08:03 AM
I disagree. As a Soldier who has served in a handful of countries and in war, I will tell you very few nations want to provoke the USA. These crises are not manufactured. They may be aggravated by self-inflicted wounds, but generally we are not the irritant nor the belligerent.

I think what Biden is intimating is either a radical, precipitous withdrawal of all troops from Iraq (and maybe even Afghanistan) and then trying to deploy us to Darfur or some other 'good' war. The other thing he may be intimating is a massive government takeover of the economy. I find that scenario very plausible, international crisis or not.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-22-2008, 08:18 AM
I think what Biden is intimating is either a radical, precipitous withdrawal of all troops from Iraq (and maybe even Afghanistan) and then trying to deploy us to Darfur or some other 'good' war. The other thing he may be intimating is a massive government takeover of the economy. I find that scenario very plausible, international crisis or not.

The 1st part may certainly be true the 2nd part has already happened.

KCJohnny
10-22-2008, 08:22 AM
The 1st part may certainly be true the 2nd part has already happened.

Think of how much worse things will get if Obama's healthcare plan passes a rubber stamp dem-run Congress. Small businesses will be saddled with fed-mandated health insurance requirements for all employees. That may absolutely murder employment. Then add a minimum wage hike to say, $10 an hr. That will destroy entry level jobs. So even more Mexicans will infiltrate our southern states to work tax free for $6 an hour or less. And on and on and on.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-22-2008, 08:31 AM
think of how much worse things will get if Obama's healthcare plan passes a rubber stamp dem-run Congress. Small businesses will be saddled with fed-mandated health insurance requirements for all employees. That absolutely murder employment. Then add a minimum wage hike to say, $10 an hr. That will destroy entry level jobs. So even more Mexicans will infiltrate our southern states to work tax free for $6 an hour or less. And on and on and on.

This whole system is being set up to destroy small businesses and create only mega monopolic corporations, it's all part of the control. Mr. Bush has done a fine job of this as well, as for the illegals we have invited them in and even propped them up above our own citizens and i believe they will be used to play the patsy whenever they need to play the blame game. Eerily similiar to the way that the bailout bill was blaming the poor greedy people that took out loans when in fact only 46 billion of the bailout bill had anything to do with that. Not to mention those weren't poor people but rather small time investors buying several properties looking for a quick turnaround.

patteeu
10-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Think of how much worse things will get if Obama's healthcare plan passes a rubber stamp dem-run Congress. Small businesses will be saddled with fed-mandated health insurance requirements for all employees. That may absolutely murder employment. Then add a minimum wage hike to say, $10 an hr. That will destroy entry level jobs. So even more Mexicans will infiltrate our southern states to work tax free for $6 an hour or less. And on and on and on.

All the while blaming greedy business owners for the worsening mess, no doubt.