PDA

View Full Version : Elections Uh-oh, NObama KNEW the 'kill him' story was a lie at the debate but said it anyway...

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm stunned. No really, I'm shocked that he would lie to the American people. I'm full of hope that the story will change and he was just mistaken. ROFL

http://www.newsweek.com/id/164512/

During a heated moment in his final presidential debate with Sen. John McCain, Sen. Barack Obama noted the anger of some supporters at rallies for McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin. "All the public reports suggested," Obama said, that people shouted "things like 'terrorist' and 'kill him'." Making a death threat against a presidential candidate can be a crime. But even before Obama cited "reports" of the threats at the debate, the U.S. Secret Service had told media outlets, including NEWSWEEK, that it was unable to corroborate accounts of the "kill him" remarks—and according to a law-enforcement official, who asked for anonymity when discussing a political matter, the Obama campaign knew as much. Now some officials are disgruntled that Obama gave added credence to the threat by mentioning it in front of 60 million viewers. At this point in the campaign, said one, candidates will "say anything to make a particular point."

Mr. Laz
10-20-2008, 07:44 PM
1. unable to corroborate does not mean it didn't happen. It just means in a huge group of fans they couldn't find out who did it.

2. Obama didn't lie about it because the secret service couldn't tell him jack about it yes or no

"treason" at :31

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xDMt7nBPFeY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

"Kill him" at 13 seconds in on video

Btw before you claim it's audio dubbed ... look at McCains' shocked face when he HEARS it

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xVFWahLTdUo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but McCain was not even at the rally for which the original story of 'kill him' was reported. It was Palin.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/16/report-secret-service-says-kill-allegations-palin-rally-unfounded/

Mr. Laz
10-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but McCain was not even at the rally for which the original story of 'kill him' was reported. It was Palin.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/16/report-secret-service-says-kill-allegations-palin-rally-unfounded/

watch the videos

RJ
10-20-2008, 08:00 PM
This is as important as it is fascinating.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 08:17 PM
1. unable to corroborate does not mean it didn't happen. It just means in a huge group of fans they couldn't find out who did it.

2. Obama didn't lie about it because the secret service couldn't tell him jack about it yes or no

"treason" at :31

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xDMt7nBPFeY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

"Kill him" at 13 seconds in on video

Btw before you claim it's audio dubbed ... look at McCains' shocked face when he HEARS it

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xVFWahLTdUo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

So treason is off limits? Just curious if you are equating that to an attempt on his life. I'm curious to see just how much speech will be curtailed if he's actually elected.

Mr. Laz
10-20-2008, 08:19 PM
So treason is off limits? Just curious if you are equating that to an attempt on his life. I'm curious to see just how much speech will be curtailed if he's actually elected.
why didn't you say "change the subject" or stick a finger in each ear and say "LA LA LA LALA"?

it would of been more honest

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 08:22 PM
why didn't you say "change the subject" or stick a finger in each ear and say "LA LA LA LALA"?

it would of been more honest

I'm not changing the subject. YOU offered that as proof of some plot or threat. The video is in YOUR POST.

The second video sounds as if it could have been kill him but why no investigation of that claim? :spock:

Mr. Laz
10-20-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm not changing the subject. YOU offered that as proof of some plot or threat. The video is in YOUR POST.

The second video sounds as if it could have been kill him but why no investigation of that claim? :spock:

jesus ..... YOU started this thread, not me

YOU wanted to call Obama a liar

first i explained to you that he didn't lie because the secret service just didn't know

secondly i gave you video evidence of the angry and potentially violent nature of some of McCain/Palin's rallies.

seriously, just say "I was wrong" and move on or at the very least SHUT UP and act like it didn't happen, instead of trying to alter the argument to some kind of tangent subject like freedom of speech.

you started a thread that said Obama lied .... he didn't

Thread Ovah

SBK
10-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Well it wouldn't be the only lie he told during the debate, but who's counting anyway?....

whatsmynameagain
10-20-2008, 08:42 PM

It's a tough time to be a republican. They dont even know who is running their party. Out of ideas and out of time. Memyself, since you are so in love with straw grasping you might want to try playing the powerball. At least those straw you grasp at could actually become some sort of reality for you.

memyselfI
10-20-2008, 08:42 PM
jesus ..... YOU started this thread, not me

YOU wanted to call Obama a liar

first i explained to you that he didn't lie because the secret service just didn't know

secondly i gave you video evidence of the angry and potentially violent nature of some of McCain/Palin's rallies.

seriously, just say "I was wrong" and move on or at the very least SHUT UP and act like it didn't happen, instead of trying to alter the argument to some kind of tangent subject like freedom of speech.

you started a thread that said Obama lied .... he didn't

Thread Ovah

So the SS have released a report contradicting the one witness who said it happened at the Palin rally and informed the NObama campaign of their inability to confirm the incident. To date there has been no formal complaint or investigation reported of the alleged incident on the McCain tape.

Yet, NObama repeats it on national TV as being fact?

So he repeats a claim made by a single reporter and thusfar unsubstantiated and holds that as an instance or example against McCain and/or Palin. Nice.

And what about the treason clip you posted. Do you equate that to a threat? Is that off limits for his detractors?

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Yet, NObama repeats it on national TV as being fact?

Has his actual quote been posted in this thread?

Obama said there had been multiple media reports stating that someone had shouted 'kill him' after his name got brought up at the rally.

That was the extent of his quote.

triple
10-20-2008, 11:47 PM
i know that any thought that the people who may vote republican are anything but slavering racists who want to execute all the minorities in the world might fall on deaf ears, but has anyone thought about what "kill him" means?

I agree that it could be some nutball saying kill him, but when we yell "kill him" at a football game we don't really mean we want that person to be murdered. Couldn't it have meant kill them in this race, at the polls on election day? Why not?

Taco John
10-20-2008, 11:52 PM
Yummy bitter tears of hate. I just want to lick them off your cheeks.

Logical
10-20-2008, 11:53 PM

The second video sounds as if it could have been kill him but why no investigation of that claim? :spock:Because if you had read the story, the SS said that they could find no one willing to corrobarate that it had been said and that without a witness they could not pursue the investigation further.

jAZ
10-21-2008, 12:12 AM
So is it a lie to falsely call a non-lie a lie?

Fish
10-21-2008, 12:27 AM
i know that any thought that the people who may vote republican are anything but slavering racists who want to execute all the minorities in the world might fall on deaf ears, but has anyone thought about what "kill him" means?

I agree that it could be some nutball saying kill him, but when we yell "kill him" at a football game we don't really mean we want that person to be murdered. Couldn't it have meant kill them in this race, at the polls on election day? Why not?

ROFL Nice SNL skit...

The person that said it was also holding an axe... but I'm sure it's just because he's a lumberjack. Ohh and he had a shirt on that said "Obama must die, and I will kill him!" But I'm sure he didn't mean that he wanted to "kill him"...