PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs My big bold QB prediction for the 09 Chiefs

pr_capone
10-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Byron Leftwich will wear Red and Yellow next year and will compete for the starting job.

FLAME ON!

Mecca
10-20-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm going to kill you.

cdcox
10-20-2008, 10:06 PM
If we could sign him to a contract, I'm not against it as long as we don't plan on him being "the one". There are plenty of guys that suck when the first come into the league, sit for a couple of years, and then comeback as a serviceable starter.

Even if we signed him, I'd still want to draft a franchise guy (Stafford).

pr_capone
10-20-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm going to kill you.

I'm not saying that I want the guy here...

Not saying that it is what we should do...

Just making a prediction is all.

raybec 4
Who the f*ck is he gonna compete with? If that does happen it just means he'll be the first QB put on IR in '09.

Mecca
Well look at this if we have the same line he'd get sacked 120 times.

pr_capone
10-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Who the f*ck is he gonna compete with?

Erm... whomever we draft in the 1st round? Probably Stafford?

raybec 4
10-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Erm... whomever we draft in the 1st round? Probably Stafford?

Jesus De Cristo I hope if they even consider starting a rookie it's behind a new right side of the OL.

pr_capone
10-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Well look at this if we have the same line he'd get sacked 120 times.

I'm hoping that we can address the right side of the line in the 2nd round. We have too many holes on this team that it will be impossible to fill all the gaps... even with last years draft.

My biggest concern is everything on the right side of the o-line including center. Rudy is a capable backup but nothing more.

I hope to God that Hunt opens up the checkbook and looks at some FA help at RT & RG if we can't get this shit addressed in the draft.

pr_capone
10-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Jesus De Cristo I hope if they even consider starting a rookie it's behind a new right side of the OL.

Jesus of Christ? :)

I completely agree.... but c'mon, we know better. The chances of a rookie starting next year behind our current line is not out of the realm of possibility.

DeezNutz
10-20-2008, 10:14 PM
We're about 30 mil under the cap, right?

I'm hopeful Clark gives this money to the Royals. Sadly, they were a lot more fun to watch this season, and Dayton would probably make better decisions with the funds. Well, maybe. He definitely could select a better QB.

ChiefsCountry
10-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Jon Kitna

raybec 4
10-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Jesus of Christ? :)

I completely agree.... but c'mon, we know better. The chances of a rookie starting next year behind our current line is not out of the realm of possibility.

Out of the realm of possibilty,no. All jokes aside I'd say more than likely if we still have the same coaching staff/GM.

Cornstock
10-21-2008, 12:06 AM
One of these guys...
Stafford-seems to be the consensus pick right now
Tebow-not really the guy for us, skillset doesnt really transfer to the pros IMO
Sanchez-let the sexual innuendos begin
McCoy-my personal fav, but may be a longshot
Bradford-depending on the whole CBA thing with the lesser money to top picks in the 2010, may come out early. Skillset transfers well, but is still young.
Daniel-Threw him in there for all the Mizzou peeps out there. the knock is that he is too short, but may be the Drew Brees kind of guy. I like him if that counts for anything.
Harrell-Every year has its system guy and this is no exception. plug in any recycled system guy knock here:

BWillie
10-21-2008, 12:10 AM
My question is what are we going to do with a gunslinger like Stafford? It's not like Herm is going to let him throw a pass over 5 yards anyway. I don't see the point.....unless somebody gets fired.. hmmm

RustShack
10-21-2008, 12:14 AM
I think you mean Culpepper...

teedubya
10-21-2008, 12:18 AM
http://constitutionclub.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/michael_vick_dog.jpg

CrazyPhuD
10-21-2008, 12:21 AM
I vote Pacman for new QB...at least then LJ wouldn't be the biggest head case on the team.

Flustrated
10-21-2008, 12:38 AM
I liked the idea of putting Carl behind his masterpiece O-Line.

pr_capone
10-21-2008, 12:39 AM
I think you mean Culpepper...

No, I meant Leftwich.

His 1 year contract is up at the end of the season. He is still young and has been a starter in the past.

I just simply don't see a way that we won't make a run at the guy.

KCJohnny
10-21-2008, 01:40 AM
I'm hoping that we can address the right side of the line in the 2nd round. We have too many holes on this team that it will be impossible to fill all the gaps... even with last years draft.

My biggest concern is everything on the right side of the o-line including center. Rudy is a capable backup but nothing more.

I hope to God that Hunt opens up the checkbook and looks at some FA help at RT & RG if we can't get this shit addressed in the draft.

Right after QB this team needs a MLB that can play in Tampa 2. We are giving up over 200 yards a game now, and even Marino in his prime can't help that.

Maybe Maualuga?

JuicesFlowing
10-21-2008, 02:11 AM
My question is what are we going to do with a gunslinger like Stafford? It's not like Herm is going to let him throw a pass over 5 yards anyway. I don't see the point.....unless somebody gets fired.. hmmm

Exactly.

pr_capone
10-21-2008, 02:12 AM
Right after QB this team needs a MLB that can play in Tampa 2. We are giving up over 200 yards a game now, and even Marino in his prime can't help that.

Maybe Maualuga?

Maualuga is more than likely a top 5 pick. Not gonna happen for KC unless they pass on QB (read: Stafford) in the first round.

Hopefully the Chiefs will no longer be playing the Tampa 2 after this season. I hope we go to a base 4-3 with a new HC & DC.

DeepSouth
10-21-2008, 06:44 AM
I wouldn't mind the Chiefs working out a deal with Buffalo for J.P. Losman. He's only 27 and put up some pretty good numbers when healthy. He's no longer the starter. Look at his numbers for 2006

http://www.nfl.com/players/j.p.losman/profile?id=LOS588329

alanm
10-21-2008, 06:53 AM
http://constitutionclub.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/michael_vick_dog.jpg
As crazy as this sounds he'd probably be a better fit for the Chiefs since he'd be running for his life most of the time.
Fans and media wouldn't allow it though. :shake:

whoman69
10-21-2008, 07:10 AM

If Herm is still here it doesn't matter who the QB is.

whoman69
10-21-2008, 07:12 AM
Leftwich would have to lose 20 pounds so he wouldn't be a sitting target. Any QB we get next year is going to have zero success if we do not get a serviceable line next year.