PDA

View Full Version : Misc Avoid Flu Shots With the One Vitamin that Will Stop Flu in Its Tracks

KILLER_CLOWN
10-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Avoid Flu Shots With the One Vitamin that Will Stop Flu in Its Tracks

Another influenza season is beginning, and the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will strongly urge Americans to get a flu shot. In fact, the CDC mounts a well-orchestrated campaign each season to generate interest and demand for flu shots.

But a recent study published in the October issue of the Archives of Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine found that vaccinating young children against the flu appeared to have no impact on flu-related hospitalizations or doctor visits during two recent flu seasons.

At first glance, the data did suggest that children between the ages of 6 months and 5 years derived some protection from vaccination in these years. But after adjusting for potentially relevant variables, the researchers concluded that "significant influenza vaccine effectiveness could not be demonstrated for any season, age, or setting" examined.

Additionally, a Group Health study found that flu shots do not protect elderly people against developing pneumonia -- the primary cause of death resulting as a complication of the flu. Others have questioned whether there is any mortality benefit with influenza vaccination. Vaccination coverage among the elderly increased from 15 percent in 1980 to 65 percent now, but there has been no decrease in deaths from influenza or pneumonia.

There is some evidence that flu shots cause Alzheimer’s disease, most likely as a result of combining mercury with aluminum and formaldehyde. Mercury in vaccines has also been implicated as a cause of autism.

Three other serious adverse reactions to the flu vaccine are joint inflammation and arthritis, anaphylactic shock (and other life-threatening allergic reactions), and Guillain-Barré syndrome, a paralytic autoimmune disease.

One credible hypothesis that explains the seasonal nature of flu is that influenza is a vitamin D deficiency disease.

Vitamin D levels in your blood fall to their lowest point during flu seasons. Unable to be protected by the body’s own antibiotics (antimicrobial peptides) that are released by vitamin D, a person with a low vitamin D blood level is more vulnerable to contracting colds, influenza, and other respiratory infections.

Studies show that children with rickets, a vitamin D-deficient skeletal disorder, suffer from frequent respiratory infections, and children exposed to sunlight are less likely to get a cold. The increased number of deaths that occur in winter, largely from pneumonia and cardiovascular diseases, are most likely due to vitamin D deficiency.

Unfortunately, now, for the first time, flu vaccination is also being pushed for virtually all children -- not just those under 5.

This is a huge change. Previously, flu vaccine was recommended only for youngsters under 5, who can become dangerously ill from influenza. This year, the government is recommending that children from age 6 months to 18 years be vaccinated, expanding inoculations to 30 million more school-age children.

The government argues that while older children seldom get as sick as the younger ones, it's a bigger population that catches flu at higher rates, so the change should cut missed school, and parents' missed work when they catch the illness from their children.

Of course, this policy ignores the fact that a systematic review of 51 studies involving 260,000 children age 6 to 23 months found no evidence that the flu vaccine is any more effective than a placebo.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/mercola/videos/34/

http://www.viddler.com/explore/mercola/videos/34/454.073

penguinz
10-21-2008, 10:28 AM
I get plenty of Vitamin D and it has never prevented me from gettign the Flu.

Hog Farmer
10-21-2008, 10:31 AM
I took a Vitamin D this morning and have yet to get the Flu. And it's almost lunch time!

BIG_DADDY
10-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Great post once again. I have had the flu once as an adult. I take 2000 IU's of vitamin D. vitamin D is probably the most awesome vitamin most people know nothing about.

The skeptics will be here any time now to call preventative nutrition voo doo.

BIG_DADDY
10-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Flu shots still use thimerosal as their preservative as well so step up and get a healthy dose of toxic metal to get you through the winter.

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Interesting information. Does Vitamin D prevent you getting the cold? I use to take alot of Vitamin C but it never really did work.

BIG_DADDY
10-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Interesting information. Does Vitamin D prevent you getting the cold? I use to take alot of Vitamin C but it never really did work.

The medical industry in general is going to tell you supplements are either worthless or dangerous. You really should do you due diligence on it. Here is som infromation from the Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/03/AR2008070303822.html

penguinz
10-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Flu shots still use thimerosal as their preservative as well so step up and get a healthy dose of toxic metal to get you through the winter.Don't start this again. We all know you think that vaccines are the devil.

penguinz
10-21-2008, 12:12 PM
The medical industry in general is going to tell you supplements are either worthless or dangerous.I have never talked to a doctor that said or believed this. But then again I am picky when I choose a doctor.

BIG_DADDY
10-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Don't start this again. We all know you think that vaccines are the devil.

You know how many times I have people tell me there in no more thimerosal in vaccines? Jitard comes to mind but there have been many.

penguinz
10-21-2008, 12:22 PM
You know how many times I have people tell me there in no more thimerosal in vaccines? Jitard comes to mind but there have been many.I am not talking about the claim about thimerosal. It is still used in way too many vaccines. I mean the whole belief that vaccines cause more harm than good.

More people consume other things DAILY that are going to cause more harm to their bodies than a Flu shot.

Fish
10-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Keep fucking doubting your own immune system.......

BIG_DADDY
10-21-2008, 12:24 PM
I am not talking about the claim about thimerosal. It is still used in way too many vaccines. I mean the whole belief that vaccines cause more harm than good.

More people consume other things DAILY that are going to cause more harm to their bodies than a Flu shot.

I totally disagree but lets not go down that road.

penguinz
10-21-2008, 12:24 PM
What are the odds that the people who take their daily supplements to get Vitamin D are also more likely to wash their hands regularly?

BIG_DADDY
10-21-2008, 12:31 PM
What are the odds that the people who take their daily supplements to get Vitamin D are also more likely to wash their hands regularly?

I'm not going to go there with you. I haven't been sick with so much as a cold in so long I can't even remember. Until my shoulder surgery I also rolled on the mat doing jiu-jitu almost every day and would also go to the gym. I was exposed to more germs daily than most people are around in a week. Don't take it.

Iowanian
10-21-2008, 12:32 PM
There is a pertusis outbreak in my area right now.

Guess how it is thought to have arrived?

That obligatory statement out of the way....I DO believe there is something to keeping your body healthy with vitamins. I take C, and other products to prevent or reduce the risk of colds, or lessen their severity. I've certainly got no problem with the addition of Vitamin D if it helps fight the flu.

I don't know that I'm convinced that a vitamin will prevent your contraction of a Virus....but if it helps keep your body healthy enough to fight it off, its not a bad thing.

jidar
10-21-2008, 12:37 PM
You know how many times I have people tell me there in no more thimerosal in vaccines? Jitard comes to mind but there have been many.

It's not in vaccines given to young children you dumb ass.

That's not really relevant to this discussion, but it is extremely relevant in your stupid threads where you claim vaccines cause autism considering that children are diagnosed with autism before they are old enough to use vaccines that have thimerosal in them.

You are seriously ****ing thick.

jidar
10-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Incidentally, I don't do flu vaccines.

Maybe vaccines do or do not help prevent flu, I don't know, but I figure If I get the flu it's the natural order of things. Oh well, It sucks but I get over it.

Friendo
10-21-2008, 12:39 PM
one of the worst cold viruses I ever had was one winter after I had gotten the vaccine-had that fugger for 4 weeks, then re-processed it (yes, you can) for another 3. I realize they may not be related, but damned if I have wasted the time and $ to get one since.

Iowanian
10-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Elderly, people who work with elderly or infants, and parents of small children or childcare workers are the ones who really NEED the flu shot.

Its not so much about my inability to live through the flu, its infecting a baby or an older person that I'd rather not do.

The flu vaccine is not an active virus. It can't give you the flu, however I think its common to feel a little icky the next day are you body begins building immunity.

Chiefnj2
10-21-2008, 01:05 PM
I am not talking about the claim about thimerosal. It is still used in way too many vaccines. I mean the whole belief that vaccines cause more harm than good.

What do 6 -9 month old infants consume on a daily basis that causes more harm to their bodies than thimerosal, formaldehyde and spermicide?

BIG_DADDY
10-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Elderly, people who work with elderly or infants, and parents of small children or childcare workers are the ones who really NEED the flu shot.

Its not so much about my inability to live through the flu, its infecting a baby or an older person that I'd rather not do.

The flu vaccine is not an active virus. It can't give you the flu, however I think its common to feel a little icky the next day are you body begins building immunity.

Nobody needs it and my kid will never get one.

Chiefnj2
10-21-2008, 01:11 PM
It's not in vaccines given to young children you dumb ass.

That's not really relevant to this discussion, but it is extremely relevant in your stupid threads where you claim vaccines cause autism considering that children are diagnosed with autism before they are old enough to use vaccines that have thimerosal in them.

You are seriously ****ing thick.

From the CDC webpage

Does the influenza vaccine contain thimerosal?
Yes, the majority of influenza vaccines distributed in the United States currently contain thimerosal as a preservative. However, some contain only trace amounts of thimerosal and are considered by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to be preservative-free. Manufacturers of preservative-free flu vaccine use thimerosal early in the manufacturing process. The thimerosal gets diluted as the vaccine goes through the steps in processing. By the end of the manufacturing process there is not enough thimerosal left in the vaccine to act as a preservative and the vaccine is labeled "preservative-free".

How much thimerosal-free influenza vaccine is expected to be available for the 2008-09 season?
For the 2008-09 season, manufacturers project producing as many as 50 million doses of thimerosal-free or preservative-free (trace thimerosal) influenza vaccine. Of these 50 million doses, approximately 20 million doses represent flu vaccine products that are licensed for use in children over 3 years of age.

Will the supply of thimerosal-free and preservative-free (trace thimerosal) influenza vaccine be adequate for the recommended pediatric priority groups (ages 6-59 months) during the 2008-09 season?
For the 2008-09 season, there is one product licensed for 6-23 month old children (the product is thimerosal-free). For children between the ages of 2 and 5 years of age, there are three products available that are thimerosal-free (sanofi's Fluzone; MedImmune's FluMist) or preservative-free (trace thimerosal- [Novartis's Fluvirin]). Specific information about these products and other influenza vaccines can be found in the Table: Influenza Vaccine Manufacturers for the 2008-09 Influenza Season. Given the uptake of influenza vaccine among children less than 5 years of age, and the anticipated increase in vaccination coverage for this season, CDC projects that the vaccine supply for this age group will be adequate to meet demand.

BIG_DADDY
10-21-2008, 01:21 PM
From the CDC webpage

Does the influenza vaccine contain thimerosal?
Yes, the majority of influenza vaccines distributed in the United States currently contain thimerosal as a preservative. However, some contain only trace amounts of thimerosal and are considered by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to be preservative-free. Manufacturers of preservative-free flu vaccine use thimerosal early in the manufacturing process. The thimerosal gets diluted as the vaccine goes through the steps in processing. By the end of the manufacturing process there is not enough thimerosal left in the vaccine to act as a preservative and the vaccine is labeled "preservative-free".

How much thimerosal-free influenza vaccine is expected to be available for the 2008-09 season?
For the 2008-09 season, manufacturers project producing as many as 50 million doses of thimerosal-free or preservative-free (trace thimerosal) influenza vaccine. Of these 50 million doses, approximately 20 million doses represent flu vaccine products that are licensed for use in children over 3 years of age.

Will the supply of thimerosal-free and preservative-free (trace thimerosal) influenza vaccine be adequate for the recommended pediatric priority groups (ages 6-59 months) during the 2008-09 season?
For the 2008-09 season, there is one product licensed for 6-23 month old children (the product is thimerosal-free). For children between the ages of 2 and 5 years of age, there are three products available that are thimerosal-free (sanofi's Fluzone; MedImmune's FluMist) or preservative-free (trace thimerosal- [Novartis's Fluvirin]). Specific information about these products and other influenza vaccines can be found in the Table: Influenza Vaccine Manufacturers for the 2008-09 Influenza Season. Given the uptake of influenza vaccine among children less than 5 years of age, and the anticipated increase in vaccination coverage for this season, CDC projects that the vaccine supply for this age group will be adequate to meet demand.

Exchanging with that jitard is pointless. He will just twist everything around. I have posted all kinds of information on this subject and he just misquotes me and goes on about how there is nothing to the autism/vaccine thing even though the mandatory schedule and autism has went up exactly at the same time. jitard is the reason why the made and ignore function at the planet.

Mecca
10-21-2008, 01:28 PM
I have no need, desire or want to have a flu shot. I've never had one and don't intend to start now.

penguinz
10-21-2008, 01:28 PM
What do 6 -9 month old infants consume on a daily basis that causes more harm to their bodies than thimerosal, formaldehyde and spermicide?Who the fuck mentioned an infant? Unless things have changed recently you can;t even get the flu vaccine until the age of 2.

Chiefnj2
10-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Who the **** mentioned an infant? Unless things have changed recently you can;t even get the flu vaccine until the age of 2.

Maybe the government mentioned fucking infants when they changed their guidelines to all children over the age of 6 months.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/24/MN9H134FI3.DTL

Iowanian
10-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Who the **** mentioned an infant? Unless things have changed recently you can;t even get the flu vaccine until the age of 2.

This isn't true. My 6 month old is scheduled to have her 2nd dose soon.

Oh....the answer to the source of the whooping cough outbreak in my area? Any guesses?

penguinz
10-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Maybe the government mentioned ****ing infants when they changed their guidelines to all children over the age of 6 months.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/24/MN9H134FI3.DTLLike I said... Unless it changed recently and that article is less than two months old.

That being said.. there is no reason to give a 6 month old a flu shot if they are fed the food they were meant to eat by nature.

penguinz
10-21-2008, 01:55 PM

Oh....the answer to the source of the whooping cough outbreak in my area? Any guesses?2nd dose? Your doctor actually gives shots? You should ask about the mist. It only takes one dose and there is much less crying afterwords.

jidar
10-21-2008, 02:00 PM

Oh....the answer to the source of the whooping cough outbreak in my area? Any guesses?

People like DumbDaddy not getting vaccines for their kids because they're afraid of Illuminati mind control by big pharm that will turn their kids onto atheism and heavy metal music?

Chiefnj2
10-21-2008, 02:00 PM
2nd dose? Your doctor actually gives shots? You should ask about the mist. It only takes one dose and there is much less crying afterwords.

"Hospitalizations, while infrequent, and wheezing were twice as common when infants 6 through 12 months got the spray rather than a shot, the study found"

Mecca
10-21-2008, 02:01 PM
People like DumbDaddy not getting vaccines for their kids because they're afraid of Illuminati mind control by big pharm that will turn their kids onto atheism and heavy metal music?

Holy shit I'm atheist and like metal....

jidar
10-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Exchanging with that jitard is pointless. He will just twist everything around. I have posted all kinds of information on this subject and he just misquotes me and goes on about how there is nothing to the autism/vaccine thing even though the mandatory schedule and autism has went up exactly at the same time. jitard is the reason why the made and ignore function at the planet.

I should have said they aren't required.

The required Vaccines for kids have had it removed years ago. Oddly enough, even though 95% of the shots kids were getting were suddenly clear of your devil brew, it had no impact on autism rates.

jidar
10-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Holy shit I'm atheist and like metal....

And you think that's by accident?
WAKE UP MAN, OPEN YOUR EYES TO THE BIG PHARM CONSPIRACY!@#!

penguinz
10-21-2008, 02:06 PM
"Hospitalizations, while infrequent, and wheezing were twice as common when infants 6 through 12 months got the spray rather than a shot, the study found"twice of a small number is still small. Spray saline spray in an infants nose and they will probably have the same rate of wheezing.

BIG_DADDY
10-21-2008, 03:23 PM
I should have said they aren't required.

The required Vaccines for kids have had it removed years ago. Oddly enough, even though 95% of the shots kids were getting were suddenly clear of your devil brew, it had no impact on autism rates.

This is a prime example of twisting what I have said. I have always said that the big increase in the vaccine schedule and the big increase in autism has happened at the same time. I have also said the thimerosal is a toxic metal that you are putting straight into your blood stream could be part of the problem. My position on this subject is very clear. I feel strongly that this big increase in vaccines is very likely resposible for this increase in autism for whatever reason.

Frankly I hope jitard gets as many vaccines as possible.

penguinz
10-21-2008, 03:49 PM
I have also said the thimerosal is a toxic metal that you are putting straight into your blood stream could be part of the problem. If we are going to argue lets be honest. Thimerosal is about 49% toxic metal (mercury). :p

Guru
10-21-2008, 03:59 PM
What are the odds that the people who take their daily supplements to get Vitamin D are also more likely to wash their hands regularly?And there you have it.:clap:

jidar
10-21-2008, 05:14 PM
This is a prime example of twisting what I have said. I have always said that the big increase in the vaccine schedule and the big increase in autism has happened at the same time. I have also said the thimerosal is a toxic metal that you are putting straight into your blood stream could be part of the problem. My position on this subject is very clear. I feel strongly that this big increase in vaccines is very likely resposible for this increase in autism for whatever reason.

Frankly I hope jitard gets as many vaccines as possible.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08037/854963-114.stm

Studies raise questions about increase in autism cases
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
By Mark Roth, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

When the Centers for Disease Control announced last year that an average of one out of 150 children had autism, it convinced many people that America was seeing an explosion of autism cases.

Before the 1990s, the official estimates were one autistic child out of every 2,000 to 5,000 children. Several autism advocacy groups took that as proof that some environmental toxin, such as mercury preservative in vaccines, had caused a huge spike in the autism numbers.

But there are now intriguing indications that most if not all of the autism increase is the result of broadening the criteria for the diagnosis and identifying children with autism who would have been labeled with a different diagnosis in the past.

A 2006 study in the journal Pediatrics found, for instance, that the national increase in identified autism cases in elementary schoolchildren between 1984 and 2003 had been paralleled by a similar decrease in the number of children labeled as retarded or learning disabled.

Paul Shattuck of Washington University in St. Louis, the lead author of the study, wrote last year that "in 44 of 50 states, the increase in autism was completely offset by a decrease in the prevalence of children considered 'cognitively disabled' or 'learning disabled.' "

In an interview this week, Dr. Shattuck said that because of changes in the definition of autism and how it is measured, it is impossible to know how much it may have increased from past years.

But his study certainly suggests that "diagnostic substitution" -- labeling someone as autistic today who would have been labeled as retarded 30 years ago -- is a substantial part of the picture.

Dr. Shattuck's study isn't the only one showing this trend.

In a 2004 study, Lisa Croen of the Kaiser Foundation Research Institute in California and her team found that the increase in children diagnosed with autism in that state between 1987 and 1994 was almost exactly paralleled by a decrease in those diagnosed with retardation.

Nancy Minshew, the director of the University of Pittsburgh's Center for Excellence in Autism Research, said last week, "I used to think there were more cases [than in past years], but I don't think so any more." She is now convinced that the higher numbers are "not an increase in the number of cases, but are an improvement in recognition."

In past decades, she said, it was often hard to get doctors or schools to diagnose higher-functioning children as having autism. They were often labeled as having "behavior difficulties."

Dr. Shattuck said other epidemiological studies have shown that the rate of severe autism has stayed steady at about one to two children per 1,000, so that the main part of the increase to an estimated six to seven children per 1,000 has come in the milder, higher-functioning forms of the disorder.

That points partly to the broader definition being used for what are called Autism Spectrum Disorders today, he said.

"When we talk about autism spectrum disorders," he said, "we're talking about kids who have very different symptoms. Some are severely retarded; some have high IQs; some have pathological shyness; others want to have contact but are socially awkward."

And when people say they don't remember seeing so many autistic children when they were growing up, or ask where all the adults with autism are, there are two possible explanations, Dr. Minshew said.

One is that many autistic children in the past were never sent to school. In what she called the "Forrest Gump era, you didn't even go to school, or you went to a totally separate school."

The other phenomenon was that some autistic children were labeled as schizophrenic, and many may have ended up in state hospitals or other institutions, she said.

There is even a kind of logic to that, Dr. Minshew said, because some of the hallmarks of schizophrenia -- behaving oddly, a lack of facial expressions, poor eye contact, speaking in a monotone and using fewer gestures than normal -- are "essentially the same" in both autism and schizophrenia.

David Mandell, an epidemiologist at the University of Pennsylvania medical school, recently surveyed the adult patients in Norristown State Hospital in Eastern Pennsylvania, nearly all of whom are labeled schizophrenic, and found that about 20 percent of them meet the behavioral criteria for being autistic.

While he believes misdiagnosis in the past explains a part of the increase in autism numbers, Dr. Mandell also believes the growth has been too great to be accounted for just by continuing genetic abnormalities.

"The increase is probably too fast to be genetics," he said, "so there probably is something that is environmental, but there is nothing to suggest it's the vaccines."

KILLER_CLOWN
10-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Autism and Mercury

by Tim O'Shea,DC

This article is excerpted from Dr. O'Shea's revised edition of The Sanctity of Human Blood.

Inquiry into vaccine safety is exploding like never before, even in the popular press. Research coming from dozens of mainstream medical studies can no longer be easily suppressed, as it has been in the past, especially with the prevalence of online information exchange.

Last September, some 2,000 people, mostly MDs, assembled at the Town and Country resort in San Diego to hear the latest research on autism. Following the April 2000 Congressional hearings on autism and vaccines, this epidemic can no longer be ignored.

The figure of one autistic infant for every 150 is now widely documented.

Dr. Stephanie Cave presented enlightening data on mercury toxicity, drawn largely from the brilliant work of Sallie Bernard. Dr. Cave explained how:

By age two, American children have received 237 micrograms of mercury through vaccines alone, which far exceeds current EPA "safe" levels of .1 mcg/kg. per day. That's one-tenth of a microgram, not one microgram.

Three days in particular may be singled out as spectacularly toxic for infants:

Day of birth: hepatitis B-12 mcg mercury

30 x safe level

At 4 months: DTaP and HiB on same day - 50 mcg mercury

60 x safe level

At 6 months: Hep B, Polio - 62.5 mcg mercury

78 x safe level

At 15 months the child receives another 50 mcg

41 x safe level

These figures are calculated for an infant's average weight in kilograms for each age.

These one-day blasts of mercury are called "bolus doses". Although they far exceed "safe" levels, there has never been any research conducted on the toxicity of such bolus doses of mercury given to infants all these years.

Inconceivable

Historically, the toxicity of mercury has been known for more than a century. The Mad Hatter was more than a fantasy character from Alice in Wonderland. Mad Hatter's disease became well known in England in the mid-1800s, when hat-makers were subject to inhaling the vapors from the mercury-based stiffening compound they used on felt to make top hats.

Sources of Mercury

It is interesting to learn that common household remedies that were used up into the 1960s like mercurochrome and "teething powder" were often the cause of acute mercury poisoning and disease.

In the U.S., EPA mercury toxicity studies have involved contamination from fish, air, and other environmental sources.

Methylmercury has long been associated with serious neurological disorders, demyelinating diseases, gut disease, and visual damage.

The mercury in vaccines, however, is in the form of thimerosal, which is 50 times more toxic than plain old mercury.

Reasons for this include:

Injected mercury is far more toxic than ingested mercury.

There's no blood-brain barrier in infants.
Mercury accumulates in brain cells and nerves.

Infants don't produce bile, which is necessary to excrete mercury.
Thimerosal becomes organic mercury

Once it is in nerve tissue, it is converted irreversibly to its inorganic form. Thimerosal is a much more toxic form of mercury than one would get from eating open-sea fish; it has to do with the difficulty of clearing thimerosal from the blood.

Thimerosal is converted to ethylmercury, an organic form that has a preference for nerve cells.

Without a complete blood-brain barrier, an infant's brain and spinal cord are sitting ducks. Once in the nerve cells, mercury is changed back to the inorganic form and becomes tightly bound. Mercury can then remain for years, like a time-release capsule, causing permanent degeneration and death of brain cells.

Bernard also notes that the body normally clears mercury by fixing it to bile, but before six months of age, infants don't produce bile. Result: mercury can't be excreted.

Four separate government agencies have set safe levels for methylmercury, but no safe levels have ever been set for thimerosal, because thimerosal isn't included in toxicity studies.

Theoretically, that means that the above excesses of safe levels of mercury on the single days listed above are actually 50 times higher.

Does the fact that the mercury is accompanied by a vaccine somehow place it above scrutiny? The Sallie Bernard study of vaccines and mercury toxicity was probably the main reason Congress began to see the obvious correlation.

Mercury And Vaccines

Here's a curious "coincidence." In the late 1930s, Leo Kanner identified autism as a new type of mental disorder. So when was thimerosal introduced into vaccines?

The 1930s

A few years ago, Bernard and her associates began to notice a striking similarity between the symptoms of autism and the symptoms of mercury poisoning. The more research she did, the more it seemed that these two diseases were virtually identical.

Autism and mercury poisoning damage the: brain/nerve cells; eyes; immune system; gastrointestinal system; muscle control; and the speech center.

Although mercury toxicity has been studied for decades, and EPA safety levels have been set, during all that time a child's greatest exposure to mercury - thimerosal in vaccines - was never even included in the toxicity studies!

The talk has always been about methylmercury from seafood and the environment, totally ignoring the two most toxic sources of mercury for children: vaccines and dental amalgams.

The EPA has no jurisdiction over drugs.

That's the FDA's job. This is why vaccines and amalgams don't even figure into the equation when it comes to setting "safe" levels of mercury.

But the FDA does have jurisdiction over drugs and drug companies, right? And over drug company publications, like the Merck Manual, the standard cookbook for drugs and diseases found in every doctor's office in the world.

Surely the FDA, as the government agency charged with safeguarding the nation's health, would want the section on mercury toxicity to warn doctors about the two biggest sources for children: thimerosal and dental amalgams, wouldn't you think?

Yet looking at the Merck Manual (1999), in the section on mercury poisoning (p. 2636), thimerosal and dental amalgams again are not even mentioned!

How can this be, when mercury is widely acknowledged as the third most deadly toxin in the world and thimerosal and amalgams dwarf the trace amounts of mercury from fish and other environmental sources of mercury?

Only one thing can a blackout information over an entire area of study for years at a time in this way - big money.

Such an omission probably wouldn't have anything to do with the revolving door that exists between the FDA; the EPA; the NIH;

"and the sweet positions held by their members before and after those grueling years of public service; or with the 800 waivers of the conflict of interest rule that the FDA has granted in the past two years to "experts," who are paid consultants to the drug companies-consultants who are also members of the FDA advisory committees that make decisions about whether or not to approve vaccines and drugs..." (USA Today, Sept. 25, 2000)

No, of course not.

Soaking up the Mercury

In the San Diego conference on autism, Dr. Amy Holmes gave perhaps the only lucid presentation about treatment. She explained how chelating drugs alone, which go through the blood like Pac Man munching up mercury, don't do much good for autism.

That's because most mercury clears from the blood very soon. Mercury in thimerosal is stored in the gut, liver and brain, and as previously mentioned, becomes very tightly bound to the cells. Once inside those cells, or inside the blood-brain barrier, the mercury is reconverted back to its inorganic form.

Locked into these cells, the mercury can then do either immediate cell damage or become latent and cause the onset of autism, brain disorders, or digestive chaos years later.

Dr. Holmes reported success using alphalipoic acid as an agent to cross the blood-brain barrier to soak up mercury. Once the mercury is brought back into the bloodstream, standard chelators like DMSA can then take it out.

Dr. Holmes has used her protocol on about 300 autistics so far, and shows consistent increases in IQ scores.

FDA: Protector of Whom?

In the face of all this new awareness, it was astounding that in July 2000 the FDA came out with the "parallel-universe" pronouncement that "vaccines have safe levels of mercury."

Especially after their 1998 position:

"... over-the-counter drug products containing thimerosal and other mercury forms are not generally recognized as safe and effective."

As if there were any doubt as to who's really running the show, inconceivable also is the impotence of FDA's request to the vaccine manufacturers to discontinue the use of thimerosal in vaccines (LINK TO ARTICLE ON SITE) The same month that MMWR published this, the CDC made the same milquetoast request.

It's a bit like saying: "Hey guys, since all these kids are turning into vegetables and most of our researchers know it's the mercury, would you mind not putting any more thimerosal in your vaccines, please?
No hurry, though. Whenever you're ready. No need to dump all those batches of vaccine just because people are finding out it's the mercury that's destroying children's brain cells."

The members of the FDA who decide which vaccines get approved make up the advisory board. In his recent House investigation on vaccines, Rep. Dan Burton found out that financial statements of advisory board members are "incomplete."

Noting that this is the only branch of government that allows incomplete financials, in September 2000, Burton called the advisory board's sweetheart arrangements with the vaccine manufacturers a "violation of the public trust."

This includes 70 percent of advisory board members owning stock in vaccines, owning patents on vaccines, and accepting salaries and benefits as employees of the drug companies.

A Matter of Trust

Still think you can trust the government or your physician with your children's blood? Despite the facts and events cited above, consider this joint statement of the U.S. Public Health Services and the American Academy of Pediatrics:

"There is a significant safety margin incorporated into all the acceptable mercury exposure limits. There are no data or evidence of any harm caused by the level of exposure that some children may have encountered in following the existing immunization schedule ... Infants and children who have received thimerosal-containing vaccines do not need to be tested for mercury exposure" (TRY TO REPLACE THIS WITH LINK FROM SITE MMWR, vol. 45, 1999).

These are blatant Orwellian distortions. No harm?

What about the autism epidemic and all the evidence linking it with mercury cited above?

What about the single day doses of mercury cited above that are dozens of times in excess of the EPA's own safety levels?

If everything is so safe, then why did they ask the vaccine pushers to kindly discontinue thimerosal from vaccines as soon as possible at the end of this same statement?
It is beyond the scope of this paper to really go into the politics of mercury. In researching mercury toxicity, a whole area of "dry rot" has been unearthed that deserves its own story. This is the shocking story of how the American Dental Association and the California Dental Association have been systematically hiding the truth about mercury toxicity in fillings for decades.

Silver fillings aren't just silver. They're 50 percent mercury and extremely toxic; every dentist knows it (www.altcorp.com,http://www.amalgam.org/).

In a ludicrous blast of irony, both the ADA and the CDA have inserted into their "code of ethics" strict commandments forbidding dentists from ever revealing to patients the realities of mercury toxicity.

No dentist is allowed to recommend removal of mercury amalgams for health reasons, nor may tell the patient about mercury toxicity even if the patient asks. This gag order has been in place for since the beginning of American dentistry. Exaggeration? Check their websites out:

www.amalgam.org/#anchor69176 www.amalgam.org/#anchor69541

Do you think dentists put mercury into their own families' teeth? Ask them. Anyone who is not a dentist is not constrained by the gag order, imposed on American dentists by the ADA, against telling patients what many perceptive researchers in the field of mercury toxicity already know: that no children should ever get mercury amalgam fillings.

Laughingstock of the West

Researchers across Europe are generally appalled at the massive amounts of vaccines given to American children under two years old. Although Europeans are not as obsessed with vaccines as we are, they do vaccinate.

But most of Europe gives very few vaccinations to children under two years old, primarily because of the unformed gut, immune system, and blood-brain barrier.

This intellectual isolation of ours regarding vaccines is a testimony to the suffocating "brain control" exerted on us by the popular press and all media. Like sheep to the slaughter, we don't know enough to be appalled by our own ignorance.

Autistic Gut

Headlining the September 2000 San Diego Conference was Andrew Wakefield, the British surgeon whose shocking new discoveries show that mercury toxicity alone is not the only factor linking vaccines with the autism epidemic. Dr. Wakefield's research centers around the MMR vaccine - measles/mumps/rubella - which does not contain thimerosal.

Expanding on his presentation at the April 2000 Burton hearings, Dr. Wakefield explained how at least three-quarters of autistics have pathologically blocked bowels, due to the huge swelling of the tissue lining the intestine.

In virtually every autistic patient they examined, this nodular hyperplasia is both an immune response and an autoimmune response that Wakefield and O'Leary have clearly linked to the presence of measles virus from the MMR shot. No other virus was found in those cells.

It is a new bowel pathology.

Wakefield showed graphs of the U.S. and U.K. 10 years apart that were identical in tracing the skyrocketing incidence of autism just after the MMR vaccine was introduced.

He also showed how the incidence of measles had dropped over 85 percent on its own before the MMR was introduced.

One incredible study cited by Wakefield showed how 76 percent of children whose mothers were exposed to atypical measles became autistic after the MMR shot! He called this a "background susceptibility" or predisposition to autism.

Wakefield reminds us that in neither country have there ever been comparative studies on giving multiple vaccines (polyvalent) on the same day.

This custom of ours, with both the DPT and the MMR, is not scientific by any stretch, and is primarily for the convenience of those administering the shots, and those being paid per vaccine. As a result, there is a good chance of geometric ill effects.

Then Wakefield cited the original MMR study (Buynak, Journal of the American Medical Association 1969, vol. 207).

Not only was the safety of multiple vaccines never mentioned, there was no follow-up to the study to see if their conclusions were correct.

In the usual manner of testing vaccines on the live population, MMR was simply tacked onto the mandatory schedule, and we've never looked back.

Despite studies in 1981 on Air Force personnel showing major synergistic adverse effects in the gut from the combination of measles and rubella vaccines, the mandatory schedule went unchanged.

A Glimmer of Hope

Despite these formidable obstacles, doubts are creeping into the overall public "consciousness" about the safety of vaccines. At one in 150, the fact of autism as an epidemic can no longer be covered up.

The work of Wakefield, O'Leary, Megson and Bernard is getting more and more difficult to explain away. Rep. Dan Burton seems relentless in his efforts to acquaint Congress with the meretricious relationship between the FDA Advisory Committee and the vaccine manufacturers.

The massive advertising campaign about the safety of vaccines in the popular media, which is certain to be stepped up in the next few months, is going to look very hollow in the light of clean, unbiased research that is not funded by parties who stand to make billions from certain predetermined results.

And the internet makes this well-referenced, scientific work accessible to the public without the usual monodimensional smokescreen from the popular press.

Ultimately, the value of the San Diego "Conference on Autism" was its signal that autism will not be allowed to slip from the public awareness, like so many other feature stories that come and go. The simple truth has been unveiled, and anyone who looks can see it clearly: our prime question should not be asking how we can cure autism once it occurs. The evidence is now overwhelming that in most cases, this new epidemic that we call autism is a preventable disease.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2001/02/24/autism-mercury-part-two.aspx

Ebolapox
10-21-2008, 08:36 PM
I haven't read the whole thread. I'd bet it turns into a masterbatory for/anti virus shindig.

that said, I guess I'll chime in to the thread starter.

I'm obviously pro SMART vaccinations. should we use heavy metals in our vaccines? no. is there any concrete, solid, PEER-REVIEWED evidence that gives a correlation to them being the cause of autism? no.

alright, that's done.

considering my username and affinity for viruses/epidemiology (as well as vaccination), you'd assume I'd be all for flu shots. not particularly. never gotten one, and I don't go out of my way to get one. they do some good, but let's face facts:

when 1918 'spanish flu' hit (not spanish OR swine flu, it was likely avian in origin, and we can blame the army's crowded cantonments here in the US--the origin may have possibly even been in kansas, ftr), it wasn't deadly at first. as a matter of fact, the first wave killed very few. as the waves went on, it began killing more and more and gaining virulence.

so that's basically why I don't get a flu shot. if you allow your immune system to do its work, you'll survive the pandemic (unless you die from social upheaval)--now, vaccinate those members of society that truly are at risk--the young and the old. just do it with a safe vaccine. and for god's sake, wash your hands. use the barrier methods. these are the only tried/true methods of preventing spreading and, eventually, an outbreak.

(oh, and vitamins are great. I take flaxseed, borage, and fish oils, garlic tablets, and ginko biloba, as well as a daily multivitamin. the multivitamin has tonnes of vitamins C and D. are they miracle cures? no.)

KILLER_CLOWN
10-21-2008, 08:47 PM
How Much Vitamin D is Too Much? Take This Vitamin D Quiz to Find Out!

Get ALL the Health-Promoting Benefits of Omega-3s without Eating Fish*
Recent studies show that eating fish can potentially expose you to a high degree of contamination. This includes industrial pollutants and toxins like mercury, PCBs, heavy metals and radioactive poisons. Here’s your chance to get ALL your essential omega-3 oils without the fishy aftertaste.*

Find Out How

Dr. Mercola's Comments:

There is much confusion about vitamin D and vitamin D toxicity. I encourage you to take the quiz and even pass it along to your doctor, as very few U.S. physicians are aware of vitamin D's importance.

Winter is the time of year when most of us in the United States need to be very diligent about keeping our vitamin D levels within optimal levels. I recommend that most take a high-quality cod liver oil, which is an excellent source of vitamin D, regularly from fall until early spring. However, it is essential to understand that in order to know how much vitamin D you should be taking, you should get your blood level checked. If you use beneficial products like cod liver oil without doing blood tests for vitamin D levels, you should keep the dose at one to two teaspoons per day to prevent overdosing.

This is a major point: excess vitamin D will cause, not prevent, osteoporosis and hardening of your arteries. Please be very careful with cod liver oil. If you are unable to obtain vitamin D testing, then please do not exceed one to two teaspoons of cod liver oil. So please do yourself a favor--read the article on vitamin D testing and be sure to have your level measured. As I mentioned above, nearly all physicians are not aware how to have this checked and how to interpret the normal reference ranges, so I encourage you to print out the article on vitamin D testing not only for your own records but also for your doctor so he or she can become aware of this vitally important nutrient.

The Vitamin D Council, the non-profit group that contributed the excellent quiz below, is another great resource for vitamin D information. The Vitamin D Council is a group of citizens concerned about vitamin D deficiency and the diseases associated with that deficiency. I encourage you to check out their website and sign up for their informative newsletter. Their goal is an important one: to draw attention to the problem of vitamin D deficiency through the education of professionals, the media, government officials and average citizens.

By John Jacob Cannell, M.D.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2003/12/27/vitamin-d-quiz.aspx

ClevelandBronco
10-21-2008, 11:55 PM

Illegal aliens.