PDA

View Full Version : Elections This says it all...BO vs JM in MO...

oldandslow
10-21-2008, 08:39 AM
Reported from St. Charles, Mo. -- Two days after Barack Obama drew 100,000 supporters to a rally in St. Louis, John McCain attracted about 2,500 people to a field in this nearby suburb Monday.

Earlier, I didn't believe MO was going to go Obama. I now believe it will.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-campaign21-2008oct21,0,4572652.story

BigRedChief
10-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Reported from St. Charles, Mo. -- Two days after Barack Obama drew 100,000 supporters to a rally in St. Louis, John McCain attracted about 2,500 people to a field in this nearby suburb Monday.

Earlier, I didn't believe MO was going to go Obama. I now believe it will.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-campaign21-2008oct21,0,4572652.story
Obama attracts 75,000 in KC. McCain fills a high school gym.

vailpass
10-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Could be the kind of Americans who vote for McCain aren't the cult-of-personality types that feel the need to show up at a rally.
All that matters is that they show up to vote.

triple
10-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Could be the kind of Americans who vote for McCain aren't the cult-of-personality types that feel the need to show up at a rally.

We're at work.

Saggysack
10-21-2008, 09:14 AM
We're at work.

...while wasting our employers time and money to argue on chiefsplanet.com

vailpass
10-21-2008, 09:19 AM
...while wasting our employers time and money to argue on chiefsplanet.com

You don't understand. We ARE the employers.

Mr. Kotter
10-21-2008, 09:20 AM

Exactly what I was thinking, even as an Obama supporter myself.

Saggysack
10-21-2008, 09:26 AM

No you aren't. You're still the hydroponic growing drug fueled addict. We know exactly who you are.

|Zach|
10-21-2008, 09:27 AM

You forgot tepid.

oldandslow
10-21-2008, 09:33 AM

Not buying it.

You can't get 100,000 Missourians to do ANYTHING together. Yet they show up for this guy.

No other politician in history has been able to do this - especially in MO.

You can't tell me that you would rather be the one with 25 hundred than the one with 100 grand.

patteeu
10-21-2008, 09:38 AM

You're going to vote for McCain. No matter how much people around here tease you, I know you're basically sensible in these matters. But if you don't want to go public with this, I'll go back to keeping your secret. :)

vailpass
10-21-2008, 09:52 AM
No you aren't. You're still the hydroponic growing drug fueled addict. We know exactly who you are.

:) Hydro gardening is the way to go but I don't grow anything illegal. I'm old now.

vailpass
10-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Not buying it.

You can't get 100,000 Missourians to do ANYTHING together. Yet they show up for this guy.

You can't tell me that you would rather be the one with 25 hundred than the one with 100 grand.

Baby Daddy must be the chosen one.

mlyonsd
10-21-2008, 09:53 AM
You're going to vote for McCain. No matter how much people around here tease you, I know you're basically sensible in these matters. But if you don't want to go public with this, I'll go back to keeping your secret. :)

Wow. You are bored.

Iowanian
10-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Maybe all of the McCain supporters have you know.....jobs.

RJ
10-21-2008, 09:56 AM
We're at work.

What about the Palin crowds? Unemployed?

vailpass
10-21-2008, 09:58 AM
What about the Palin crowds? Unemployed?

Taking time off work to chase pussy is completely acceptable.

talastan
10-21-2008, 09:58 AM

My thoughts exactly!!:clap:

triple
10-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Taking time off work to chase p is completely acceptable.

SAHMs, a lot of them I'd bet.

She's pulling crowds in the tens of thousands as well but the media doesn't tell you about it, unless they are trying to paint them as a lynch mob

BigRedChief
10-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Maybe all of the McCain supporters have you know.....jobs.
The rallies were on Saturday.

RJ
10-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Taking time off work to chase pussy is completely acceptable.

ROFL

Just like ducking out for an afternoon at the titty bar.

RJ
10-21-2008, 10:15 AM
She's pulling crowds in the tens of thousands as well but the media doesn't tell you about it,

How would I have known about it if the media hadn't told me? I can assure you I haven't attended any.

triple
10-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Do you see conservatives chaining themselves to trees? Do you see them throwing ink all over fur coats? Are conservatives the ones breaking into car dealerships and setting fire to SUVs? Are they the ones down in the fountain park next to the plaza covering themselves in fake blood? Do conservative protesters lie down in the street and stop traffic? When the G8 meet, are those conservatives who are visible through the tear gas throwing bricks at police?

Of course not.

Conservatives are rational people. They don't think of the world and make decisions based on emotion. They're far less likely to be whipped into a frenzy by it. They don't do things because they are cosmopolitan. The bandwagon effect has little sway on them.

They are not called the silent majority for nothing.

RJ
10-21-2008, 10:23 AM
I wish I had your self control. Me, I can't walk past an SUV without torching it.

Chief Henry
10-21-2008, 10:25 AM
We're at work.

Exactly !

ROYC75
10-21-2008, 10:27 AM
100,000 people asking for a free handout ......... Nice.

RJ
10-21-2008, 10:32 AM
The rallies were on Saturday.

See? Everybody bitches about the economy but you notice 100,000 of them can afford to take weekends off.

whatsmynameagain
10-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Do you see conservatives chaining themselves to trees? Do you see them throwing ink all over fur coats? Are conservatives the ones breaking into car dealerships and setting fire to SUVs? Are they the ones down in the fountain park next to the plaza covering themselves in fake blood? Do conservative protesters lie down in the street and stop traffic? When the G8 meet, are those conservatives who are visible through the tear gas throwing bricks at police?

Of course not.

Conservatives are rational people. They don't think of the world and make decisions based on emotion. They're far less likely to be whipped into a frenzy by it. They don't do things because they are cosmopolitan. The bandwagon effect has little sway on them.

all those rational, bible reading republicans, right........

maybe libs are smart enough to stand up when something is wrong instead of repeating the same mistakes over and over again. maybe they want change because they are sick of people like you that think everythings ok. igrnorance is bliss and the key staple to any republicans mindset.

HolyHandgernade
10-21-2008, 10:58 AM

You watched this video, right?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-4wQfQtpDAc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-4wQfQtpDAc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yeah, no cult voters for the McCain side of things.

-HH

plbrdude
10-21-2008, 11:48 AM
100,000 people asking for a free handout ......... Nice.

that's prolly what it boils down to.

Calcountry
10-21-2008, 11:54 AM
We're at work.LMAO

VAChief
10-21-2008, 12:17 PM

Of course not.

I would say a more honest assessment is there are all kinds on each side left or right. The far extremes of both show the ugly side of human nature. The farther they are apart the more they are alike in their need to control or even destroy the other. For every Ayres there is a Liddy or McVeigh.

RJ
10-21-2008, 12:17 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-4wQfQtpDAc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-4wQfQtpDAc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

-HH

If I were married to a woman like that I wouldn't be married to a woman like that.

penguinz
10-21-2008, 12:19 PM
If I were married to a woman like that I wouldn't be married to a woman like that.x2

Iowanian
10-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Hoperah fans do act like they're at a New Kids on the Block concert....swooning, sweating, screaming, chanting for an encore....most dreaming for the chance to go back stage to let him face hump them.

http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/PAD5757.jpg

bsp4444
10-21-2008, 01:38 PM

Of course not.

Well at the Obama ralley in K.C. I saw what I can only assume was a conservative in a squirrel suit carrying signs about Obama and Biden Loving taxes. I saw a group of people wrapped in a flag with signs that say God hates soldiers and God hates Obama. Sounds rational to me.

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 01:43 PM
To be fair Obama's was on the weekend but we know that McCain wouldn't draw a quarter of that either way.

Today in Pennsylvania Palin only got less than 1000 at hers yet they somehow think they are going to win

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 01:49 PM

Of course not.

No, I just see them bombing abortion clinics, brandishing signs that say "God Hates Fags", punching canvassers in the face, and holding Klan rallies in the middle of the town square.

whoman69
10-21-2008, 01:54 PM

Of course not.

There's idiots on both sides. Those same rational people you talk about blew up abortion clinics, carry signs that say God hates fags, pounded on windows to stop the vote in Florida.

Radar Chief
10-21-2008, 02:02 PM
There's idiots on both sides. Those same rational people you talk about blew up abortion clinics, carry signs that say God hates pillowbiters, pounded on windows to stop the vote in Florida.

The ďpillow biterĒ guy? Fred Phelps is a Democrat.

Democratic Party
Phelps has run in various Kansas Democratic Party primaries five times, but has never won. These included races for governor in 1990, 1994, and 1998, receiving about 15% of the vote in 1998.[53] In the 1992 Democratic Party primary for U.S. Senate, Phelps received 31% of the vote[54] Phelps ran for mayor of Topeka in 1993[55] and 1997.[56]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps

Radar Chief
10-21-2008, 02:12 PM
No, I just see them bombing abortion clinics, brandishing signs that say "God Hates pillowbiters", punching canvassers in the face, and holding Klan rallies in the middle of the town square.

Isn’t the Klan also a Democrat invetion?

StcChief
10-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Maybe all of the McCain supporters have you know.....jobs.yeah.... with a rally on a Monday no less. :)

head count and occupation would be very telling comparison

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Isnít the Klan also a Democrat invetion?

And what do you think Johnson meant when he said "I just handed the South to the Republicans." when he signed the Civil Rights Act?

Radar Chief
10-21-2008, 02:34 PM
And what do you think Johnson meant when he said "I just handed the South to the Republicans." when he signed the Civil Rights Act?

In other words, yes.
Thank you, glad you could man up and admit it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 02:37 PM
In other words, yes.
Thank you, glad you could man up and admit it.

You really are dense, you know that?

Do you really think the Democratic Party of 140 years ago, which was a party of agrarian and Southern interests, bears any resemblance to the current incarnation?

Are you really that stupid?

Have you any ability to comprehend the nature of political realignments or the fact that the "Southern Strategy" was an implicit courtship of southern racist votes, and was done so by the Republican Party?

What about Reagan echoing the needs for "State's Rights" in Philadelphia, Mississippi, the opposition to MLK or the ERA?

Nevermind, of course you're that stupid. I've read your posts.

triple
10-21-2008, 02:40 PM
There's idiots on both sides. Those same rational people you talk about blew up abortion clinics, carry signs that say God hates pillowbiters, pounded on windows to stop the vote in Florida.

yeah, because those things one one side happen just as frequently as those things on the other side. :rolleyes:

Radar Chief
10-21-2008, 02:41 PM
You really are dense, you know that?

Do you really think the Democratic Party of 140 years ago, which was a party of agrarian and Southern interests, bears any resemblance to the current incarnation?

Are you really that stupid?

Have you any ability to comprehend the nature of political realignments or the fact that the "Southern Strategy" was an implicit courtship of southern racist votes?

:LOL: Wow. Wind him up and watch him go. ROFL
But at least youíre classy enough to admit the failings of your own party. :thumb:

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 02:43 PM
:LOL: Wow. Wind him up and watch him go. ROFL
But at least youíre classy enough to admit the failings of your own party. :thumb:

Excellent rebuttal. Again, given that you are the same dumb fuck who thinks we found WMD in Iraq, I'll try and properly situate your dumbassery.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 02:44 PM
yeah, because those things one one side happen just as frequently as those things on the other side. :rolleyes:

Your load of bullshit has arrived.

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Radar are you suggesting that the KKK is currently a Dem group?

Radar Chief
10-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Excellent rebuttal. Again, given that you are the same dumb **** who thinks we found WMD in Iraq, I'll try and properly situate your dumbassery.

Just FYI, Byrd isnít a Republican. :loser:

Radar Chief
10-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Radar are you suggesting that the KKK is currently a Dem group?

I’m poking fun at the hypocrites that don’t even know what they’re talking about.

It was meant in fun, even if I knew Hamas would flip out. But that’s typically his reaction to just about everything.

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Iím poking fun at the hypocrites that donít even know what theyíre talking about.

It was meant in fun, even if I knew Hamas would flip out. But thatís typically his reaction to just about everything.

Gotcha..

Have fun

Mecca
10-21-2008, 03:00 PM

-HH

If LJ spit on her I'd be ok with it.

Guru
10-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Not buying it.

You can't tell me that you would rather be the one with 25 hundred than the one with 100 grand.I wouldn't waste my time attending any event with a politician. Nothing like being there in person to be lied to.:shake:

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Just FYI, Byrd isnít a Republican. :loser:

And I would never vote for the sonofabitch. But please, use Robert Byrd as proof of the institutional racism in the Democratic Party and ignore the litany of evidence that point to the Republicans using racial hatred and fear as part of their electoral strategy.

It's a good thing there isn't 40+ years of this in the historical rec....err, yeah.

If you'll say stupid things, you'll be called a dumbass. Your masochistic tendencies are not my failing.

triple
10-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Your load of bullshit has arrived.

oh yeah, i forgot to mention this guy, but he would be another facet of that argument about which side is more prone to act on emotion and voice detraction only with vitriol

triple
10-21-2008, 03:15 PM
It's a good thing there isn't 40+ years of this in the historical rec....err, yeah.

which party was it that opposed and tried to filibuster that civil rights act anyway?

Radar Chief
10-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Crap Radar, you're right. My bad.

I gotta admit Hamas, Iíve never known you to be such a whiner. You typically have at least some salient points, intermixed with that unnatural hatred of yours.

Carlota69
10-21-2008, 03:17 PM

-HH

Yikes! After watching her, looks like we should all pray for him.

Radar Chief
10-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Yikes! After watching her, looks like we should all pray for him.

No shit. A blonde Jaba the Hut, and certifiable to boot.
Should give everyone a new found respect for Denise’s husband. ;)

Fish
10-21-2008, 03:21 PM

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-4wQfQtpDAc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

-HH

Wow that's scary... the way she end that with, "I pray for him(husband). He knows what the right decision is."

I'd order my O.J. Divorce Kitô right then and there....

Mecca
10-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Wow that's scary... the way she end that with, "I pray for him(husband). He knows what the right decision is."

I'd order my O.J. Divorce Kitô right then and there....

I picture all that guys friends being like "why did you marry that stupid bitch?"

Anyone who's answer to everything is "the lord will take care of us" is seriously jacked in the head. I guess people who lose their jobs and houses just were being taken care of huh?

Pitt Gorilla
10-21-2008, 03:28 PM
All that matters is that they show up to vote.McCain followers appear to be the jobless types that have the time to listen to talk radio.

NewChief
10-21-2008, 03:30 PM
McCain followers appear to be the jobless types that have the time to listen to talk radio.

Self-employed entrepreneurs who drive our economy and have the option to listen to whatever the hell they want in the PRIVACY of their business!

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 03:35 PM
which party was it that opposed and tried to filibuster that civil rights act anyway?

Perhaps those state legislators that became the one area of the country your party could consistently count on? The "Southern Bloc" of racists who got the fuck out of the Party as soon as their dissent was crushed?

And who welcomed those fucktards and their moronic views with open arms?

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/hhhevent/news/images/gop%20elephant.gif

Who was it again that then argued against making MLK a national Holiday, who welcomed in Strom Thurmond, who made Trent Lott your majority leader, who supported Tax Exempt status for a University that had a ban on interracial dating?

Who?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 03:36 PM
oh yeah, i forgot to mention this guy, but he would be another facet of that argument about which side is more prone to act on emotion and voice detraction only with vitriol

Yeah, I mean it's not like I can insult you while also offering substantial evidence that proves your argument is nothing but fucking bunk [transition point here] you goddamned moron.

But then again, I'm a liberal, so I'm not a "real American", right?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 03:39 PM
I gotta admit Hamas, Iíve never known you to be such a whiner. You typically have at least some salient points, intermixed with that unnatural hatred of yours.

Oh look, it's someone completely unable to proffer a rebuttal so he changes the quote he's replying to and then goes off on an unrelated tangent.

Good work, man. It's almost not completely transparent.

BigRedChief
10-21-2008, 03:57 PM
http://my.barackobama.com/page/s/MOhistory

Video of the Obama trip to St. Louis

Adept Havelock
10-21-2008, 03:59 PM

-HH

She reminds me of the advice I received from a relative as a young man:

"Never get involved with a woman who loves God too much. There is no quicker path to misery."

irishjayhawk
10-21-2008, 04:03 PM
I picture all that guys friends being like "why did you marry that stupid bitch?"

Anyone who's answer to everything is "the lord will take care of us" is seriously jacked in the head. I guess people who lose their jobs and houses just were being taken care of huh?

I wonder if she looks both ways before crossing the street. Will she walk blindfolded through the streets?

Perhaps this will get her:
http://wttf.org/strips/2008-10-06.jpg

Logical
10-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Maybe all of the McCain supporters have you know.....jobs.St Louis Saturday, KC Sunday, I think most people are not working on the weekend.

Mecca
10-22-2008, 12:25 AM
St Louis Saturday, KC Sunday, I think most people are not working on the weekend.

I love when at the McCain rallys they yell get a job at the Obama people.....when you know they aren't working at the time either?

Saggysack
10-22-2008, 01:46 AM
:) Hydro gardening is the way to go but I don't grow anything illegal. I'm old now.

Sure. That's what they all say. We only grow rose bushes, officer. Those aren't herbs man, those are erbs.

Radar Chief
10-22-2008, 06:33 AM
Oh look, it's someone completely unable to proffer a rebuttal so he changes the quote he's replying to and then goes off on an unrelated tangent.

Good work, man. It's almost not completely transparent.

You mean like flipping out, calling me names, then trying to act like Dem involvement with the Klan was “140 years ago”? What makes it even funnier is that this whole line of conversation started with my pointing and laughing at the hypocrite.

whoman69
10-22-2008, 09:14 AM
You mean like flipping out, calling me names, then trying to act like Dem involvement with the Klan was ď140 years agoĒ? What makes it even funnier is that this whole line of conversation started with my pointing and laughing at the hypocrite.

Richard Nixon took over those Democrats in 1968 except Byrd, whose just stubborn.