PDA

View Full Version : Elections What does BO as president mean to you?

Pages : [1] 2

Programmer
10-21-2008, 04:23 PM
I heard a woman making some wild statements while at a resturant today at lunch.

Her statements were not what you would expect from anyone but they did cause a stir in McAlisters. Besides being exceptionally rude she acted as if BO as president was going to justify her actions and that we all needed to toe the line.

Just wondered what BO possibly winning the election means to others.

BIG_DADDY
10-21-2008, 04:24 PM
It means I get free medical and I have every intention of living at the doctors office.

Direckshun
10-21-2008, 04:25 PM
That is an incredibly broad question.

Her statements were not what you would expect from anyone but they did cause a stir in McAlisters. Besides being exceptionally rude she acted as if BO as president was going to justify her actions and that we all needed to toe the line.

Can you provide more details on this?

Mecca
10-21-2008, 04:25 PM
It means the 1st 2 posters in this thread heads will explode.

BIG_DADDY
10-21-2008, 04:27 PM
It means the 1st 2 posters in this thread heads will explode.

Why because we got worse instead of just bad? I'll adapt to whatever happens. There are actually some benefits to having BO in there.

Carlota69
10-21-2008, 04:28 PM
For me personally--A breath of fresh air.

triple
10-21-2008, 04:31 PM
It means we're going to see the most radical government in our history.

We won't be governed by Obama, we'll be governed by Pelosi and Reid and Barney Frank and all the other nutjobs in Congress that will be setting his agenda for him.

People who have single digit approval ratings are effectively being put in the white house.

vailpass
10-21-2008, 04:33 PM
The puppet will dance until the strings are cut.

Carlota69
10-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Rolling Stone has an interview with him right now, and one fo the answers he gave stuck with me...

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/23589412/

At your campaign stop this morning at a high school in Pennsylvania, you made what you called a "solemn vow to the young people of America" that you will make sure they can afford to go to college — "no ifs, ands or buts." How will you do that in a way that doesn't simply add to the crushing debt that students and their families already take on in the form of student loans?We're going to give a $4,000 tuition credit to every student, every year, in exchange for a minimum of 100 hours of community service a year. That's above and beyond the additional scholarships we're offering for people who are willing to teach, nurses — there are certain categories and occupations where we have a shortage, so there will be targeted scholarships there. But everybody would be eligible for this $4,000 tuition credit, which covers pretty much all of the cost of community college and about two-thirds of the cost of a public college or university. In combination with Pell grants and other resources, we can at least drastically reduce the amount of debt that young people are accumulating. One of the ironic things about the war in Iraq, as well as this Treasury rescue plan, is that it reminds us that when we feel a sense of urgency about something, we spend an awful lot of money. And the amount of money required to educate every child and send them to college pales in comparison to the amount of money that we're spending on things that could have been avoided had we made better decisions.

MOhillbilly
10-21-2008, 04:39 PM
a soon to be dead president.

Jenson71
10-21-2008, 04:40 PM
It means we won't have the most corrupt pack of power-hungry thugs in the White House anymore. That's a step in the right direction. And hopefully it means those thugs will be investigated by Obama.

vailpass
10-21-2008, 04:42 PM
It means we won't have the most corrupt pack of power-hungry thugs in the White House anymore. That's a step in the right direction. And hopefully it means those thugs will be investigated by Obama.

Oh yeah, Pelosi et al at the helm is a very reassuring thought. Obama is in no position to investigate the old guard in this country, it would be counter-productive shall we say.

Programmer
10-21-2008, 04:43 PM
That is an incredibly broad question.

Can you provide more details on this?

The lady walked into the resturant and walked past about 15 people and started giving her order. A few of the patrons told her there was a line. She said there is no line for me, a black man is going to be president and you people will have to toe the line, start accepting it now.

I realize this was one person, but who does she think she is? I've not seen anyone pushed aside because of who was president. The lady is disturbed at best. What would you do in a case like that?

vailpass
10-21-2008, 04:44 PM
The lady walked into the resturant and walked past about 15 people and started giving her order. A few of the patrons told her there was a line. She said there is no line for me, a black man is going to be president and you people will have to toe the line, start accepting it now.

I realize this was one person, but who does she think she is? I've not seen anyone pushed aside because of who was president. The lady is disturbed at best. What would you do in a case like that?

Did she demand her meal for free?

Carlota69
10-21-2008, 04:45 PM

Tell her he's our (maybe) president too and to go fuck herself--in the back of the line. Or something to that effect anyways.:D

Programmer
10-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Did she demand her meal for free?

I couldn't tell you, I tuned her out after I heard her racial commentary. I usually ignore assholes and she was the perfect example - sorry to all here that are assholes, I don't mean to lump you all into the same pile - hers is a totally new pile.

BIG_DADDY
10-21-2008, 04:46 PM

LMAO That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

Carlota69
10-21-2008, 04:47 PM
I couldn't tell you, I tuned her out after I heard her racial commentary. I usually ignore assholes and she was the perfect example - sorry to all here that are assholes, I don't mean to lump you all into the same pile - hers is a totally new pile.

SHe is defintely a steaming pile...and way out of line!!!(Excuse the pun)

Bowser
For starters, it means an end to maybe the second worst presidency in my lifetime.

HolmeZz
If you've managed to live through the Bush years, I'm sure you'll manage to survive the Obama ones.

It's not the end of the world, Cons. At worst, the shoe will just be on the other foot. You had your turn. Don't start bitching now.

Programmer
10-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Tell her he's our (maybe) president too and to go **** herself--in the back of the line. Or something to that effect anyways.:D

I probably wouldnt' say that to someone that I knew that was being an ass. But there were plenty of people in line that seemed to be pretty pissed. There weren't enough people there to cause a race riot, but there were plenty of pissed off white women there to have an effective beatdown.

Believe it or not, I'd never tell anyone to go *** herself. I get in enough trouble here telling some of the posters to do that.

Guru
10-21-2008, 04:48 PM

I realize this was one person, but who does she think she is? I've not seen anyone pushed aside because of who was president. The lady is disturbed at best. What would you do in a case like that?People like that should be locked away from society.:shake:

Thig Lyfe
10-21-2008, 04:49 PM
IT MEANS ALL FOOD WILL TASTE LIKE AMBROSIA

'Hamas' Jenkins

This place gets more fucked up and deranged every fucking second that McCain gets closer to losing his ass, and the Democrats are the whiners?

Eagerly anticipating "I was just making an observation" as a response.

Programmer
If you've managed to live through the Bush years, I'm sure you'll manage to survive the Obama ones.

It's not the end of the world, Cons. At worst, the shoe will just be on the other foot. You had your turn. Don't start bitching now.

I'm not sure WTF you are talking about, but I'd wait until after Nov. 4 to declare who the next president might be.

I honestly doubt that your BO will be elected.

HolmeZz
10-21-2008, 04:50 PM
People like that should be locked away from society.:shake:

I'd say there's a 99.74% chance that never happened. Like Tom would ever dine at a place where black people eat.

'Hamas' Jenkins
I heard a woman making some wild statements while at a resturant today at lunch.

Just wondered what BO possibly winning the election means to others.

It probably means, for you, what it has always meant:

That you are a pathological liar and habitual piece of rat shit.

Carlota69
I probably wouldnt' say that to someone that I knew that was being an ass. But there were plenty of people in line that seemed to be pretty pissed. There weren't enough people there to cause a race riot, but there were plenty of pissed off white women there to have an effective beatdown.

Believe it or not, I'd never tell anyone to go *** herself. I get in enough trouble here telling some of the posters to do that.

I know, I know. :)

FTR, I wouldnt either (tell her to fuck herself), but I would tell her to get in the back of the line. I'm not the quiet type (but you know that already, right?)ROFL

Guru

Believe it or not, I'd never tell anyone to go *** herself. I get in enough trouble here telling some of the posters to do that.What did management do?

BIG_DADDY
This place gets more ****ed up and deranged every ****ing second that McCain gets closer to losing his ass, and the Democrats are the whiners?

I think there is a good chance he will be shot in office. How is that whining?

HolmeZz
10-21-2008, 04:51 PM
I honestly doubt that your BO will be elected.

You're way too scared to really doubt the possibility, Tom.

Thig Lyfe

This post reads a lot like a threat.

Carlota69

Its a little creepy for sure.

MOhillbilly
10-21-2008, 04:52 PM
This place gets more ****ed up and deranged every ****ing second that McCain gets closer to losing his ass, and the Democrats are the whiners?

still lots of hardcore racists, looking to make a point.

'Hamas' Jenkins
I think there is a good chance he will be shot in office. How is that whining?

And why do you think this?

Programmer
You're way too scared to really doubt the possibility, Tom.

What have I to fear? You seem to have some kind of dream world you live in. The U.S. has survived every administration to date. What makes you think that BO is going to cause fear for anyone?

My only comment is that he would make Jimmy Carter look as good as Reagan.

Jenson71
Oh yeah, Pelosi et al at the helm is a very reassuring thought. Obama is in no position to investigate the old guard in this country, it would be counter-productive shall we say.

This administration should be looked back on constantly as the tyrants that the framers fought hard enough to break away from. A powerful executive that overwhelms the people is not what our country is about. Their actions should be investigated, just like any corrupt corporation. An example must be made.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Its a little creepy for sure.

Watch the Rtards flock to defend it.

Thig Lyfe
10-21-2008, 04:53 PM
still lots of hardcore racists, looking to make a point.

There has to be a more tactful way of making that point.

Guru
I'd say there's a 99.74% chance that never happened. Like Tom would ever dine at a place where black people eat.Irregardless. I can easily see people doing something stupid like that. Maybe not talking about Obama but I can see them going to the front of the line because they think they are owed something.

BIG_DADDY
IT MEANS ALL FOOD WILL TASTE LIKE AMBROSIA

Are you related to

Programmer
10-21-2008, 04:54 PM

That may be, but by whom?

Those that know there are "racists" in the country that hate blacks or the crazy lady that feels that the blacks are going to take over the country because there might be a black president?

BIG_DADDY
10-21-2008, 04:55 PM

Racism for starters. There is still plenty of it here.

Carlota69
10-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Irregardless. I can easily see people doing something stupid like that. Maybe not talking about Obama but I can see them going to the front of the line because they think they are owed something.

The proverbial line? Absolutely. Happens everyday.

Programmer
I'd say there's a 99.74% chance that never happened. Like Tom would ever dine at a place where black people eat.

Your full load of ignorance has been reached. I doubt that you can show your ass any better than you just have.

I'm one of the few people on this board that realize that we only have one race on this earth. It's morons like you the seem to feel the need to practice your hate of other ethnic groups publically.

You need to get a real grip on life in general. You are a waste of good oxygen.

Jenson71

You know what's really counter-productive? Letting just any corrupt administration embrace the role of the executive, giving them a blank check, and letting them know that just using the pardon towards the end of their presidency will erase any form of oversight.

ChiefsCountry
10-21-2008, 04:57 PM

Too far to the left and being black with an Arab name = trouble. Not to mention the extreme nuts on both sides of the parties.

HolmeZz
10-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Irregardless. I can easily see people doing something stupid like that. Maybe not talking about Obama but I can see them going to the front of the line because they think they are owed something.

Yes, we all can make random threads about fake hypotheticals that might ruffle your feathers.

Jenson71
10-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Today I saw a guy wearing a McCain shirt kick a homeless girl.

HolmeZz
10-21-2008, 04:59 PM

The problem is you spend more time touting the possibility than condemning it.

'Hamas' Jenkins

I don't doubt that, you can't go a day without seeing it plastered all over this site.

With that being said, why does the preponderance of racists make it such a lock for Obama to be shot, when Bush, for all his incompetence, never had a credible threat on his life?

Programmer
Yes, we all can make random threads about fake hypotheticals that might ruffle your feathers.

Your inability to realize people like that exist is astounding.

I hope your head stays firmly planted in your ass for the duration.

BIG_DADDY
10-21-2008, 05:00 PM

Yea it is really going to suck when someone shoots and kills him causing all kinds of race riots. Racism sucks.

Is that better?

HolmeZz
10-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Your inability to realize people like that exist is astounding.

I'm sure people like that exist. There are also white people that exist who would have no problem cutting black people in lines. That doesn't mean it deserves it's own thread.

Thig Lyfe
Are you related to

You have some of the weakest smack I have ever seen in any part of the internet. Seriously.

BIG_DADDY
I don't doubt that, you can't go a day without seeing it plastered all over this site.

With that being said, why does the preponderance of racists make it such a lock for Obama to be shot, when Bush, for all his incompetence, never had a credible threat on his life?

I never said it was a lock.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 05:02 PM

There's almost some kind of subliminal hope...nah...that's just too out there. He's merely just a sleeper cell and a terrorist who cavorts with other terrorist and hates America.

Guru
Yes, we all can make random threads about fake hypotheticals that might ruffle your feathers.Ummmm OK. :spock:

Whether his situation happened or not, this crap does happen.

BIG_DADDY
You have some of the weakest smack I have ever seen in any part of the internet. Seriously.

Didn't he say he wanted to kiss you in your PM's? It's OK you can come out of the closet, it's not a big deal here.

Programmer
10-21-2008, 05:03 PM

Bush is not black for starters.

I find it hard to understand how anyone in this day and age can deny the hatred of black people exists, not just by white people, but there are also a few black on black murders that happen. There is a group of people in the SE US that still wear the sheets to hide their identity when they burn crosses.

You need to see some of the pure hatred before you can believe it. Try taking a drive through Louisiana and getting out during the nights, especially in some of the smaller towns. Try Arcadia, I saw shit there that I didn't believe in 2004.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Ummmm OK. :spock:

Whether his situation happened or not, this crap does happen.

Black women regularly jump in the front of lines claiming that they will be served first because a half-black man will be president soon?

This happens in places that aren't mental institutions?

Thig Lyfe
Didn't he say he wanted to kiss you in your PM's? It's OK you can come out of the closet, it's not a big deal here.

As I said on your profile before you deleted it, gay jokes are so 90's. You need a new schtick. Badly.

BIG_DADDY
There's almost some kind of subliminal hope...nah...that's just too out there. He's merely just a sleeper cell and a terrorist who cavorts with other terrorist and hates America.

I'm not the one that goes by Hamas

memyselfI
10-21-2008, 05:04 PM
It means watching a large number of people and special interests stop complaining about the government and observing them contort themselves attempting to defend it.

That should be entertaining and comical to watch. :evil:

BIG_DADDY
10-21-2008, 05:05 PM
As I said on your profile before you deleted it, gay jokes are so 90's. You need a new schtick. Badly.

That's not what I asked you. Didn't Ulta Nutless say he wanted to kiss you in your PM's?

nychief

You stupid fucking bigot.

BIG_DADDY
It means watching a large number of people stop complaining about the government and observing them contort themselves attempting to defend it.

That should be entertaining and comical to watch. :evil:

Indeed

Jenson71
We should all do the right thing by not voting for Obama, because if we do, there is the strong possiblity he would be shot. That's why I'm not voting for him. I just want you to know - if he is shot, the blood is on his voters' hands.

Thig Lyfe
That's not what I asked you. Didn't Ulta Nutless say he wanted to kiss you in your PM's?

There are these things called jokes... you know, those things you're terrible at making.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Bush is not black for starters.

I find it hard to understand how anyone in this day and age can deny the hatred of black people exists, not just by white people, but there are also a few black on black murders that happen. There is a group of people in the SE US that still wear the sheets to hide their identity when they burn crosses.

You need to see some of the pure hatred before you can believe it. Try taking a drive through Louisiana and getting out during the nights, especially in some of the smaller towns. Try Arcadia, I saw shit there that I didn't believe in 2004.

I know all about it. What I'm wondering is the sick fixation with it. Why haven't I seen a liberal on here decrying the high nature of him being shot?

Never once, in the almost 3 years I've been on this board have I heard someone refer to Bush and his failings with the conditional that he may be killed by a deranged nut. But I see it about Obama all the time.

Why is that?

Guru
10-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Black women regularly jump in the front of lines claiming that they will be served first because a half-black man will be president soon?

This happens in places that aren't mental institutions?Damnit, read my first post. I said this happens without the mention of Obama. Plus, I am not talking about black men or women. I am talking about people that think they are owed something because of their current situation. You are just spinning my post to turn it into something it isn't.

'Hamas' Jenkins
I'm not the one that goes by Hamas

By all means, read to your children. But please, don't ever, ever speak to them. Especially extemporaneously. You're just an idiot.

Elwaysux
As a business owner it means I will pay more in taxes and have to offer more in benefits which will either come out of my pocket or out of my customers. As a Catholic he is the most pro-abortion candidate ever and this deeply disturbs me. I fully anticipate being in a 50% tax bracket, reducing my business size and holding on for 4 years until a pro-business president gets elected. Nightmare.

vailpass

No it most certainly does not. Nobody mentioned anything about taking any kind of action whatsoever.
Your false accusations are closer to libel.

BIG_DADDY
There are these things called jokes... you know, those things you're terrible at making.

Oh so when when a tranny wants to kiss you it's funny? Got it. Thanks for the lesson funny man.

memyselfI
10-21-2008, 05:08 PM

God, I hope not. We don't need him to be martyred. That would be terrible in so many ways. For the country's sake it would be better if he just sucked for four short years.

We don't need a civil war over an empty suit like B.O.

Programmer
10-21-2008, 05:08 PM
I know all about it. What I'm wondering is the sick fixation with it. Why haven't I seen a liberal on here decrying the high nature of him being shot?

Never once, in the almost 3 years I've been on this board have I heard someone refer to Bush and his failings with the conditional that he may be killed by a deranged nut. But I see it about Obama all the time.

Why is that?

Which part of he is black is escaping you? We have not had a president of color in our history. It's my belief that we will not anytime soon, but those that feel the disdain for blacks just might see that as an option. You have to be realistic here, there are still people around that wear the sheets and will do anything in their power to "purify" the nation.

BIG_DADDY
10-21-2008, 05:09 PM
By all means, read to your children. But please, don't ever, ever speak to them. Especially extemporaneously. You're just an idiot.

Oh look, there you go again calling someone else an idiot. At least you have mixed in some "go kill yourselfs" in there to change things up. They oughtta name a park after you dude.

HolmeZz
10-21-2008, 05:10 PM
God, I hope not. We don't need him to be martyred. That would be terrible in so many ways. For the country's sake it would be better if he just sucked for four short years.

How about the fact that he's got a f*cking family, you piece of shit? You are scum.

memyselfI
How about the fact that he's got a f*cking family, you piece of shit? You are scum.

Did you see that I said it would be terrible in 'so many ways.' That would certainly be one of them on a personal level.

You are dum*.

*CPS

BIG_DADDY

That fact that I am agreeing with you these days is downright scary.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Damnit, read my first post. I said this happens without the mention of Obama. Plus, I am not talking about black men or women. I am talking about people that think they are owed something because of their current situation. You are just spinning my post to turn it into something it isn't.

Perhaps you should be more clear instead of piggybacking on the rantings of the board moron.

No doubt it happens. My personal experience is that the more one deviates from the middle economically the more ridiculous the demands of the individual are. Yet we never hear about the BMW-driving dickhead on this website, do we?

BIG_DADDY
10-21-2008, 05:11 PM

Now the scum line, NICE!!!! You oughtta take your show on the road.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Which part of he is black is escaping you? We have not had a president of color in our history. It's my belief that we will not anytime soon, but those that feel the disdain for blacks just might see that as an option. You have to be realistic here, there are still people around that wear the sheets and will do anything in their power to "purify" the nation.

You really missed the point of that post.

vailpass
10-21-2008, 05:12 PM
LMAO
Hamas is one of those kids that gets so spun up at everything he'll be one of those dudes that goes bald before he reaches 25 and has his first heart attack at 40.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Oh look, there you go again calling someone else an idiot. At least you have mixed in some "go kill yourselfs" in there to change things up. They oughtta name a park after you dude.

Like I can help the fact that there is a distribution of intelligence and you ended up somewhere between starfish and nematode? :shrug:

Calcountry
It means I get free medical and I have every intention of living at the doctors office.LMAO

It will be like Baskin Robbins. Take a number.

NOW SERVING 43, 43. 43, now serving.

44 Now serving 44, where did 44 go?

Now serving 45, 45.

Cheer up big daddy, your number is only 187. Sure am glad that you are way down on the triage list.

Chief Henry
It means Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and Russia's President V. Putin will be laughing all the way to the bank.

It also means that we'll be attached again by terrorist that want to do us harm. Even though Barry is loved madly by all.

Thig Lyfe
10-21-2008, 05:13 PM
No it most certainly does not. Nobody mentioned anything about taking any kind of action whatsoever.
Your false accusations are closer to libel.

I said it read like a threat, not that it was a threat. And it did read like a veiled threat against Obama. If you can't see how that's a possible interpretation of his post, you're completely clueless.

Oh so when when a tranny wants to kiss you it's funny? Got it. Thanks for the lesson funny man.

You really need to give up.

BIG_DADDY
Now the scum line, NICE!!!! You oughtta take your show on the road.

Ohh, that's right, never mind you would actually have to meet the people you talk shit too and you already have chicks coming up to you and punching you in the face. That might not work out so well.

Bowser
Wait up. The Reagan presidency was GOOD?

'Hamas' Jenkins
LMAO
Hamas is one of those kids that gets so spun up at everything he'll be one of those dudes that goes bald before he reaches 25 and has his first heart attack at 40.

So I should have went bald negative one years ago?

Awesome. Remind me to jump in the DeLorean and shave my full head of hair.

Thig Lyfe
10-21-2008, 05:14 PM

Negative one years ago would be one year from now, wouldn't it?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Ohh, that's right, never mind you would actually have to meet the people you talk shit too and you already have chicks coming up to you and punching you in the face. That might not work out so well.

You just quoted yourself and you were talking to HolmeZz, dumbass.

Quit while you're just 40 points behind.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Negative one years ago would be one year from now, wouldn't it?

Touché. Rep to the man who realized that a negative and a negative makes a positive.

BIG_DADDY
10-21-2008, 05:15 PM
You just quoted yourself and you were talking to HolmeZz, dumbass.

Quit while you're just 40 points behind.

Now you're winning something? LMAO

vailpass
10-21-2008, 05:17 PM

Settle down dude. I can't believe you offered to PM me your street address.
You poor fucker don't ever do that again.

Jenson71
10-21-2008, 05:17 PM

You might need the health insurance for your schizophrenia.

HolmeZz
10-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Did you see that I said it would be terrible in 'so many ways.' That would certainly be one of them on a personal level.

You are dum*.

*CPS

Don't give me that shit. His family should be the first concern, not your retarded worrying that he'll be portrayed as a martyr. How f*cked in the head are you?

StcChief
a soon to be dead president.and we are not talking about washington's....

'Hamas' Jenkins
Settle down dude. I can't believe you offered to PM me your street address.
You poor fucker don't ever do that again.

What the fuck are you going to do besides absolutely nothing?

Guru
Perhaps you should be more clear instead of piggybacking on the rantings of the board moron.

No doubt it happens. My personal experience is that the more one deviates from the middle economically the more ridiculous the demands of the individual are. Yet we never hear about the BMW-driving dickhead on this website, do we? i hardly see stating my own opinion as piggybacking. You are still spinning my post with that comment.

I am glad you can at least agree the general aspect of the situation does happen though.

You don't see people bitching about the rich on this site? Really?

Donger
10-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Four years of comedic bliss.

vailpass
10-21-2008, 05:20 PM
What the **** are you going to do besides absolutely nothing?

Did you pee yourself a little as you typed that? :)

'Hamas' Jenkins
It means Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and Russia's President V. Putin will be laughing all the way to the bank.

It also means that we'll be attached again by terrorist that want to do us harm. Even though Barry is loved madly by all.

We are going to assign terrorists to diplomatic staffs? Come again?

'Hamas' Jenkins
Did you pee yourself a little as you typed that? :)

No, I wasn't laughing at you that hard. After all, you're a pathetic fucking miscreant, not a cut-up.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 05:21 PM
i hardly see stating my own opinion as piggybacking. You are still spinning my post with that comment.

I am glad you can at least agree the general aspect of the situation does happen though.

You don't see people bitching about the rich on this site? Really?

I very rarely see people bitch about the "entitlement" of the rich, but I see a preponderance of it about the have-nots.

Bowser
10-21-2008, 05:21 PM

Beats the eight years of pathetic ineptitude we've just endured.

morphius
10-21-2008, 05:22 PM
yeah, electing someone who is helping in an organization with an approval rating in the single digets should never be seen as a breath of fresh air, well, unless you are a fan of used car and door to door vacuum salesman.

"Why'd you buy that lemon?"
"The salesman told me it was a good car"

There should be a option for "no confidence" in the presidential section, and if that wins, the runners would be banned for ever running for public office again.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 05:24 PM
yeah, electing someone who is helping in an organization with an approval rating in the single digets should never be seen as a breath of fresh air, well, unless you are a fan of used car and door to door vacuum salesman.

There should be a option for "no confidence" in the presidential section, and if that wins, the runners would be banned for ever running for public office again.

ROFL...I love this line of thinking.

Well, I hate my candidate, therefore the Dems must hate their candidate too.

39% of McCain's voters see him as "the lesser of two evils".

Donger
10-21-2008, 05:24 PM

Possibly. I wouldn't mind as much if what Barack Hussein wants to introduce would never go away.

Once the government gets control of health care, they'll never give it up. Sort of like SS.

morphius
10-21-2008, 05:26 PM
How anyone could think of anything less that 16 is somewhat beyond me, unless of course we want to ignore that the shit started hitting the fan before W took office, and he just tossed some more shit into the mix. I mean really, when did Enron, MCI World Com, a completely BS Internet Bubble, and goofy ass day trader crap all happen? Anyone who wants to point at the surplus we had when Clinton left is ignoring the fact that ALL of it came back to bite em in the ass.

vailpass
10-21-2008, 05:27 PM
No, I wasn't laughing at you that hard. After all, you're a pathetic ****ing miscreant, not a cut-up.

You are 26 years old, have a minimum wage job as a TA and don't own a home yet you expect people to listen to your politics?

Let me guess: you are scrawny and socially inept but love the whole internet thing. Am I close?

morphius
10-21-2008, 05:28 PM
ROFL...I love this line of thinking.

Well, I hate my candidate, therefore the Dems must hate their candidate too.

39% of McCain's voters see him as "the lesser of two evils".
So you actually buy BO's BS completely?

And that is also how Bush won the last 2 elections...

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Interesting question Tom and I am ignoring all the other posts for now because some are pretty incendiary.

To me it means hopefully we can fix some huge problems in this country that have been ignored for a long time like basic infrastructure, health care, and SS.

As far as the lady goes if I was there I would tell her I am an Obama supporter and he doesn't act like that and he wouldn't want you to act like that. If that didn't work I would call her all kinds of vile names. :D

Bowser
10-21-2008, 05:29 PM
How anyone could think of anything less that 16 is somewhat beyond me, unless of course we want to ignore that the shit started hitting the fan before W took office, and he just tossed some more shit into the mix. I mean really, when did Enron, MCI World Com, a completely BS Internet Bubble, and goofy ass day trader crap all happen? Anyone who wants to point at the surplus we had when Clinton left is ignoring the fact that ALL of it came back to bite em in the ass.

I wasn't dumb enough to invest in any of that. :)

"Internet bubble" notwithstanding, you can't possibly think W had a good presidency. Yes, there was enough turmoil for three presidents, but come on.

Donger
10-21-2008, 05:31 PM
So you actually buy BO's BS completely?

And that is also how Bush won the last 2 elections...

I was listening to a KC station today (some guy named Lazlo?) and he summed it up perfectly:

"You know what I tell people who say 'How can you vote early? What if something happens in the next two weeks that would change your mind?' I say, 'Barack Obama would have to bite the head off a baby for me to change my mind.'"

memyselfI
10-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Don't give me that shit. His family should be the first concern, not your retarded worrying that he'll be portrayed as a martyr. How f*cked in the head are you?

Wrong. If his family is his first concern he needs to stay the fugg home and not run for this office. That goes for ANY politician running for the POTUS.

People who choose to do this do so knowing their family will play second fiddle while they are in office. They do this knowing their life could be lost while they are in office. They know their family is at an increased risk while they are in office.

If you are clueless enough to believe that a person can be the most powerful person in the world and still have their family come first then you really are a political amateur.

BIG_DADDY
10-21-2008, 05:32 PM
You are 26 years old, have a minimum wage job as a TA and don't own a home yet you expect people to listen to your politics?

Let me guess: you are scrawny and socially inept but love the whole internet thing. Am I close?
I wasn't joking about the chick punching in the face either, look it up. The internet gives him a chance to act all tough.

Bowser
10-21-2008, 05:32 PM
I was listening to a KC station today (some guy named Lazlo?) and he summed it up perfectly:

"You know what I tell people who say 'How can you vote early? What if something happens in the next two weeks that would change your mind?' I say, 'Barack Obama would have to bite the head off a baby for me to change my mind.'"

Well, that would probably do it for me.

DaneMcCloud
10-21-2008, 05:33 PM
It also means that we'll be attached again by terrorist that want to do us harm.

Please explain

memyselfI
10-21-2008, 05:33 PM

Exactly. I think his supporters are going to be hilarious to watch. Similar to DUHbya's supporters as the slowly but surely realized they were supporting a lost cause.

Watching some of the same folks do what they blasted CONS over for 8 years should provide many hours of comedy.

Bowser
10-21-2008, 05:34 PM
This thread

Donger
10-21-2008, 05:35 PM
some huge problems in this country that have been ignored for a long time like basic infrastructure, health care, and SS.

I love this.

Let's fix SS.

Why?

Because government screwed up and isn't very good at managing my retirement.

But, don't you support Barack Hussein?

Yes.

You know that he proposes government getting involved heavily in health insurance?

Yes.

So, what makes you think Barack Hussein will do any better with health insurance?

I believe!@!!

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 05:35 PM
I have an interesting story to tell as well. I had to call the fire dept the other day because my furnace was leaking natural gas and CO2 so while we were waiting around for the gas company to come we started talking politics because I have an Obama sign in my yard.

All 3 of the fireman were white middle age and all 3 of them are voting for Obama because of health care. They believe finally that someone will actually do something about it instead of letting it go and people and small towns can't afford it anymore. Their second reason was they believe McCain is just like Bush and would have the same policies.

I found this interesting because these people are more in McCain demographics but aren't voting for the guy.

DaneMcCloud
10-21-2008, 05:36 PM
The government needs to keep its paws out of the health insurance business.

National health insurance, IMHO, would be a catastrophe.

Bowser
10-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Please explain

He's black and has a terririst name, silly.

memyselfI
I have an interesting story to tell as well. I had to call the fire dept the other day because my furnace was leaking natural gas and CO2 so while we were waiting around for the gas company to come we started talking politics because I have an Obama sign in my yard.

All 3 of the fireman were white middle age and all 3 of them are voting for Obama because of health care. They believe finally that someone will actually do something about it instead of letting it go and people and small towns can't afford it anymore. Their second reason was they believe McCain is just like Bush and would have the same policies.

I found this interesting because these people are more in McCain demographics but aren't voting for the guy.

Health care will be NObama's undoing, IMO. People have HUGE expectations for what he will do and he won't be able to do jack shit.

dirk digler
I love this.

Let's fix SS.

Why?

Because government screwed up and isn't very good at managing my retirement.

But, don't you support Barack Hussein?

Yes.

You know that he proposes government getting involved heavily in health insurance?

Yes.

So, what makes you think Barack Hussein will do any better with health insurance?

I believe!@!!

You can use that same logic for any politician Donger. Why do believe McCain is going to fix SS and health care? Because he is that is the typical response.

Donger
10-21-2008, 05:38 PM
You can use that same logic for any politician Donger. Why do believe McCain is going to fix SS and health care? Because he is that is the typical response.

I don't.

Donger
10-21-2008, 05:39 PM
The government needs to keep its paws out of the health insurance business.

National health insurance, IMHO, would be a catastrophe.

And, yet, he gets your vote, yes?

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Health care will be NObama's undoing, IMO. People have HUGE expectations for what he will do and he won't be able to do jack shit.

It depends on what the majority is in the Senate. If they have 60 votes it will get done.

People want health care fixed and McCain isn't going to do anything about it and people know that.

RJ
10-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Well, that would probably do it for me.

Not me. I'm thinking more like nine babies would change my mind.

Bowser
10-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Not me. I'm thinking more like nine babies would change my mind.

You're right. I shouldn't jump to conclusions.

LMAO

memyselfI
10-21-2008, 05:44 PM
It depends on what the majority is in the Senate. If they have 60 votes it will get done.

People want health care fixed and McCain isn't going to do anything about it and people know that.

The government does not have the financial where with all to make the types of changes people are expecting and hoping for. Neither NObama or McCain have honestly admitted this.

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 05:46 PM
I don't.

Great so you are voting for McCain to do nothing. Brilliant plan Donger!

Donger
10-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Great so you are voting for McCain to do nothing. Brilliant plan Donger!

I believe that McCain will do less damage than Barack Hussein, yes. Less and less permanent.

Change just for the sake of change isn't always good, Dirk.

Guru
10-21-2008, 05:48 PM

There should be a option for "no confidence" in the presidential section, and if that wins, the runners would be banned for ever running for public office again. Personally, I think the 'no confidence" would win every time.

Calcountry
10-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Great so you are voting for McCain to do nothing. Brilliant plan Donger!Why not? The congress has done nothing for 2 years?

LMAO

Bowser
10-21-2008, 05:49 PM
I believe that McCain will do less damage than Barack Hussein, yes. Less and less permanent.

Who are you going to write in, Donger?

Mecca
10-21-2008, 05:50 PM
LMAO

It will be like Baskin Robbins. Take a number.

NOW SERVING 43, 43. 43, now serving.

44 Now serving 44, where did 44 go?

Now serving 45, 45.

Cheer up big daddy, your number is only 187. Sure am glad that you are way down on the triage list.

Are you really bitching about more people having healthcare, boy that's grand. Fuck everyone but me I shouldn't have to wait my turn!

Donger
10-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Who are you going to write in, Donger?

If I vote, I'll vote "for" McCain.

DaneMcCloud
10-21-2008, 05:52 PM
And, yet, he gets your vote, yes?

Yes.

I cannot fathom the idea of Sarah Palin as POTUS which IMO, will happen if McCain's elected.

I cannot and will not stand for 4 more years of the Bush Doctrine. Regardless of McCain's referral of himself as a "Maverick", IMO, a "maverick" would have voted against Bush at least 50% of the time. Not 10%.

Additionally, McCain (IMO) comes off as a doddering old fuddy-duddy, who's out of touch with more than half of the American public. Say what you will about Obama but he's at least AWARE of what's happening, regardless of whether or not you agree with his policies and direction.

And furthermore, I don't think Obama (or any POTUS in the next 20 years) will be able to enact national insurance, let alone to make it work properly. There are far too many other budgetary concerns to make it a priority. And the man-power needed would be enormous and take years to get off the ground.

dirk digler

But you believe doing nothing is?

That is in effect what is going to happen if McCain is President.

Programmer
You really missed the point of that post.

No Hamasshole, you tend to not have the capacity to see what is posted and you go off on your own rants.

Bowser

Honestly, for me this election is shaping up like 2004. Whomever I vote for will just be the lesser of two evils. I might just write in Jenna Jameson.

DaneMcCloud
10-21-2008, 05:53 PM

You HAVE to vote.

It would be hypocritical of you to spend hours and hours and 5,000 posts discussing the election, only to not vote.

You're better than that, Dude.

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Why not? The congress has done nothing for 2 years?

LMAO

Exactly split government didn't work. Either did 6 years of Republican controlled Congress and President.

We spent more money in the history of the US when the Republicans were in Congress yet you don't care.

Go figure.

Donger
10-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Yes.

I cannot fathom the idea of Sarah Palin as POTUS which IMO, will happen if McCain's elected.

I cannot and will not stand for 4 more years of the Bush Doctrine. Regardless of McCain's referral of himself as a "Maverick", IMO, a "maverick" would have voted against Bush at least 50% of the time. Not 10%.

Additionally, McCain (IMO) comes off as a doddering old fuddy-duddy, who's out of touch with more than half of the American public. Say what you will about Obama but he's at least AWARE of what's happening, regardless of whether or not you agree with his policies and direction.

And furthermore, I don't think Obama (or any POTUS in the next 20 years) will be able to enact national insurance, let alone to make it work properly. There are far too many other budgetary concerns to make it a priority. And the man-power needed would be enormous and take years to get off the ground.

So, you are willing to trade a possibly bad four years for government betting massively involved in health insurance, which you I think you believe with be a permanent clusterf*ck?

Sounds like you need to re-evaluate.

Mecca
10-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Exactly split government didn't work. Either did 6 years of Republican controlled Congress and President.

We spent more money in the history of the US when the Republicans were in Congress yet you don't care.

Go figure.

Please tell me you aren't surprised by this.

Donger
But you believe doing nothing is?

That is in effect what is going to happen if McCain is President.

I'll take it over what Barack Hussein proposes, yes.

Bowser
Yes.

This is basically how I feel about McCain. As far as Obama goes, he says all the right things, but so did my prom date, and those ended up mostly empty promises. BURN ME ONCE.....

Donger
10-21-2008, 05:56 PM
You HAVE to vote.

It would be hypocritical of you to spend hours and hours and 5,000 posts discussing the election, only to not vote.

You're better than that, Dude.

I voted "for" Bush in 2004, even though it was really a vote against Kerry. I swore never to do so again.

I don't HAVE to vote.

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Please tell me you aren't surprised by this.

Not really...

DaneMcCloud
10-21-2008, 05:57 PM
This is basically how I feel about McCain. As far as Obama goes, he says all the right things, but so did my prom date, and those ended up mostly empty promises. BURN ME ONCE.....

Obama's not a chick.

As far as we know.

:evil:

DaneMcCloud
10-21-2008, 05:58 PM
I voted "for" Bush in 2004, even though it was really a vote against Kerry. I swore never to do so again.

I don't HAVE to vote.

Okay, technically you don't.

But it is your civic responsibility.

Mecca
I think my favorite part of this thread was the actual complaining that more sick people would actually be able to see the doctor.

That goes back to my theory of this country of the people who have things simply think "fuck everyone but me"

dirk digler
I'll take it over what Barack Hussein proposes, yes.

That is like sticking with Herm Edwards over replacing him.

Good idea Donger

Donger
10-21-2008, 05:59 PM

But it is your civic responsibility.

Well, I am a loner. And a rebel.

memyselfI
10-21-2008, 05:59 PM
So, you are willing to trade a possibly bad four years for government betting massively involved in health insurance, which you I think you believe with be a permanent clusterf*ck?

Sounds like you need to re-evaluate.

I think many of the folks excitedly willing to throw caution to the wind and go with a relative stranger making all sorts of sweet talk and promises are for the most part under 40.

I think those 40 and over are approaching NObama as the lesser of two evils and with some serious reservations. They just seem less thrilled to be making a choice between a devil you know and one you don't.

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 06:00 PM
I think my favorite part of this thread was the actual complaining that more sick people would actually be able to see the doctor.

That goes back to my theory of this country of the people who have things simply think "**** everyone but me"

I agree but that is what many people feel on this board. It is pretty sad IMHO.

Mecca
10-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Really? My 80 year old grandparents are voting for Obama.

memyselfI
10-21-2008, 06:02 PM

That goes back to my theory of this country of the people who have things simply think "**** everyone but me"

My favorite part is so many people actually believing NObama will be able to do anything substantial to help with health care.

My prediction is as soon as he takes office he will use the economy and say that he regrets he's unable to make the types of health care changes he really wanted to make and really hoped to make...

but that he looks forward TO THE NEXT TERM to implement those changes. ROFL

dirk digler
I think many of the folks excitedly willing to throw caution to the wind and go with a relative stranger making all sorts of sweet talk and promises are for the most part under 40.

I think those 40 and over are approaching NObama as the lesser of two evils and with some serious reservations. They just seem less thrilled to be making a choice between a devil you know and one you don't.

I agree with that and heck I maybe wrong about Obama and you maybe right that he will suck.

But he may also end up being a very good or great President and I think you and others have to acknowledge that as well.

With McCain we already know he is going to suck and he will die less than 2 years into his presidency and Palin will be the POTUS.

memyselfI
Really? My 80 year old grandparents are voting for Obama.

There are fools in every bunch. :D

Mecca
10-21-2008, 06:04 PM
My favorite part is so many people actually believing NObama will be able to do anything substantial to help with health care.

My prediction is as soon as he takes office he will use the economy and say that he regrets he's unable to make the types of health care changes he really wanted to make and really hoped to make...

but that he looks forward TO THE NEXT TERM to implement those changes. ROFL

That is completely missing the point, there were atleast 2 people in this thread bitching about the pure idea of it. Because god forbid they'd have to wait their turn.

RJ
10-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Well, I am a loner. And a rebel.

And a maverick?

Programmer
10-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Interesting question Tom and I am ignoring all the other posts for now because some are pretty incendiary.

To me it means hopefully we can fix some huge problems in this country that have been ignored for a long time like basic infrastructure, health care, and SS.

As far as the lady goes if I was there I would tell her I am an Obama supporter and he doesn't act like that and he wouldn't want you to act like that. If that didn't work I would call her all kinds of vile names. :D

Most of the people seemed to be mostly annoyed but passive. I think in the wrong crowd she would have started an incident and there would have been police involved.

I don't believe that BO is going to repair anything, I do feel he will make the situation worse at best. At worst we stand a chance of complete financial collapse. Sometimes throwing a bucket of money at problems only points out that your bucket is full of pennies rather than dollars.

Bowser
10-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Most of the people seemed to be mostly annoyed but passive. I think in the wrong crowd she would have started an incident and there would have been police involved.

I don't believe that BO is going to repair anything, I do feel he will make the situation worse at best. At worst we stand a chance of complete financial collapse. Sometimes throwing a bucket of money at problems only points out that your bucket is full of pennies rather than dollars.

Are you talking about Bush's actions here?

Programmer
10-21-2008, 06:10 PM

What is the age of the firemen? What is their education level?

RJ
10-21-2008, 06:11 PM

What do you base that on?

Mecca
10-21-2008, 06:11 PM
What do you base that on?

That old people are probably more racist than young people.

Donger
10-21-2008, 06:13 PM
That is like sticking with Herm Edwards over replacing him.

Good idea Donger

If the replacement will cause more damage permanently, yes.

Guru

But it is your civic responsibility. sometimes the choice to NOT vote is a vote in and of itself. I don't agree with it but I do see why some choose that option.

dirk digler
What is the age of the firemen? What is their education level?

Middle aged probably 40-45 white and didn't ask their education level. Probably standard education for fireman

Mecca
10-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Middle aged probably 40-45 white and didn't ask their education level. Probably standard education for fireman

They aren't really Americans just ask people like Michelle Bachman.

Programmer
10-21-2008, 06:18 PM

Nobody is going to fix health care that will make anyone and everyone happy.

Socialized medicine, like Canada's, sucks. I had to make an emergency room visit while working in Nova Scotia. The level of care there was below most small towns, this was in Halifax. The doctor was at home and would not commit to coming in until the next morning. There were three people in the ER. My injury was minor, the other two had been in a car crash. They were treated by nurses and a couple of guys that looked like EMT's. I got stitched up the next day before 11:00 AM.

That's the type of care you will receive with BO's plan of action. McCain would at least be near the status quo.

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 06:18 PM
If the replacement will cause more damage permanently, yes.

Herm and Bush have already caused permanent damage and it is time to get someone new and fresh.

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 06:19 PM
They aren't really Americans just ask people like Michelle Bachman.

Michelle Bachman didn't help herself as she is now losing in a race that she was going to win easily. Apparently her opponent has received about $1 million dollars in donations and he has a slight lead.

LMAO

Mecca
10-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Why does everyone always go to Canada as an example they are ranked 31st in healthcare which isn't exactly good it's higher than we are by all of 6 spots.

Donger
10-21-2008, 06:23 PM

Socialized medicine, like Canada's, sucks. I had to make an emergency room visit while working in Nova Scotia. The level of care there was below most small towns, this was in Halifax. The doctor was at home and would not commit to coming in until the next morning. There were three people in the ER. My injury was minor, the other two had been in a car crash. They were treated by nurses and a couple of guys that looked like EMT's. I got stitched up the next day before 11:00 AM.

That's the type of care you will receive with BO's plan of action. McCain would at least be near the status quo.

A funny (sort of) story. My grandmother, who lives in England, fell recently and broke her hip. The "ambulance that came? An EMT riding a bicycle.

I'm not kidding.

He saw that she was in pretty dire need, so he called for backup. The backup. An EMT on a motorcycle.

At least it was free. Good luck Nan!

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 06:24 PM

McCain would at least be near the status quo.

I agree with that.

Donger
Herm and Bush have already caused permanent damage and it is time to get someone new and fresh.

You JUST admitted that our government has f*cked up Social Security. Why do you think that Barack Hussein will do better with health care?

And, don't revert to "Well, McCain wouldn't do any better." YOU are voting for him.

Mecca
I agree with that.

Other than I don't know of anyone who thinks taxing healthcare is a good idea...

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 06:25 PM
A funny (sort of) story. My grandmother, who lives in England, fell recently and broke her hip. The "ambulance that came? An EMT riding a bicycle.

I'm not kidding.

He saw that she was in pretty dire need, so he called for backup. The backup. An EMT on a motorcycle.

That is a funny and sad story and I hope she ends up alright.

Programmer
10-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Why does everyone always go to Canada as an example they are ranked 31st in healthcare which isn't exactly good it's higher than we are by all of 6 spots.

Considering I've been in the ER in Canada and the U.S. which other country should I compare?

I would guess that you've not been involved in emergency cases in your lifetime, nor have you needed immediate care for an injury.

If you are in need and the doctor won't make the 20 mile drive for whatever reason, is not good medical care or coverage. My bill was only about 5% of what it would have been in the U.S. I suspect that the doctors in Canada don't get the money the doctors in the U.S. get.

If we convert to the same type medical coverage everyone will suffer and there will be many people die needlessly.

Mecca
10-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Lets talk about people who die because they can't go to the doctor..oh yea they're poor so they don't count right?

Programmer
10-21-2008, 06:28 PM
That old people are probably more racist than young people.

You are a product of the movie "Wild in the Streets".

Donger
10-21-2008, 06:29 PM
That is a funny and sad story and I hope she ends up alright.

What's funny is when one of my uncles was diagnosed with cancer last year. He had to wait for months to get an MRI, at which time he was diagnosed as being inoperable. My folks went over to say goodbye to him, and they were appalled at the hospital. They said that is reeked "of death" and that is was filthy.

Beware what you wish for. "Free" can lead to apathy.

Donger
Lets talk about people who die because they can't go to the doctor..oh yea they're poor so they don't count right?

Whatever happened to "free clinics"? Don't they exist any longer?

dirk digler
You JUST admitted that our government has f*cked up Social Security. Why do you think that Barack Hussein will do better with health care?

And, don't revert to "Well, McCain wouldn't do any better." YOU are voting for him.

Because I will believe he will put in a place a plan that will cover most everyone and it will be cheap for people.

His plan is quite a bit different than Hillary's as she wanted to pretty much socialize the whole industry.

Obama just wants you to either keep your insurance if you like it or join a huge pool like government employees ALREADY get that way it lowers the cost for everyone.

RJ
10-21-2008, 06:31 PM

Have you ever considered moving to a pro-America part of the country?

underEJ
You are a product of the movie "Wild in the Streets".

14 or Fight!!

dirk digler
What's funny is when one of my uncles was diagnosed with cancer last year. He had to wait for months to get an MRI, at which time he was diagnosed as being inoperable. My folks went over to say goodbye to him, and they were appalled at the hospital. They said that is reeked "of death" and that is was filthy.

Beware what you wish for. "Free" can lead to apathy.

I am sorry to hear that.

Programmer
10-21-2008, 06:32 PM

If that's you belief of what happens then you are further from reality than anyone might think. Every person I know that doesn't have health insurance tends to be supported on welfare. Of the people that I know personally that do not have health insurance it is by choice, not by situation. They do not qualify for welfare as their businesses are too profitable for them to qualify. There are also people that own a few residences for rentals that choose not to use their funds for insurance.

RJ
10-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Whatever happened to "free clinics"? Don't they exist any longer?

Yes, they do. We call them emergency rooms.

Programmer
10-21-2008, 06:34 PM
14 or Fight!!

Right, and don't trust anyone over the age of 12.

Mecca

Pretty much...thankfully the only medical issue I've ever had is an ingrown toenail.

Donger
Because I will believe he will put in a place a plan that will cover most everyone and it will be cheap for people.

His plan is quite a bit different than Hillary's as she wanted to pretty much socialize the whole industry.

Obama just wants you to either keep your insurance if you like it or join a huge pool like government employees ALREADY get that way it lowers the cost for everyone.

Here's the difference: he proposes giving people access to the health plan that he has. Fine. The problem is: he is an employee of the government. He gets paid by the government and the government pays a large part of his premiums, and he pays the rest through witholding.

Right?

Okay, so take me.

I'm not a government employee, but under Barack Hussein's plan, I will be able to get my insurance just like he does. The problem? I'm not an employee of the government. So, am I going to pay the full premium? If not, who is going to pay the difference?

Donger
10-21-2008, 06:35 PM
I am sorry to hear that.

Which part?

dirk digler

LMAO

That is pretty much correct.

The only problem that I see and it is something that needs to be worked out with Obama's plan is what are they going to do about illegal immigrants getting healthcare since they are one of the reasons why prices have sky rocketed

Mr. Flopnuts

BO is a breath of fresh air?

Donger
10-21-2008, 06:36 PM

Silly law, really. If they are going to legalize that, that should let anyone go into a restaurant and eat for free, too.

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Here's the difference: he proposes giving people access to the health plan that he has. Fine. The problem is: he is an employee of the government. He gets paid by the government and the government pays a large part of his premiums, and he pays the rest through witholding.

Right?

Okay, so take me.

I'm not a government employee, but under Barack Hussein's plan, I will be able to get my insurance just like he does. The problem? I'm not an employee of the government. So, am I going to pay the full premium? If not, who is going to pay the difference?

Who do you think pays for government employees health care already?

We do with our tax dollars. The same applies with Obama's plan.

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Which part?

Your uncle having cancer.

RJ
10-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Silly law, really. If they are going to legalize that, that should let anyone go into a restaurant and eat for free, too.

So you'd be cool with hospitals turning away people who needed treatment?

Mecca
10-21-2008, 06:39 PM

I think that's a great idea man, they should turn everyone away so people just die on the hospital steps that'd go over well.

Donger
10-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Who do you think pays for government employees health care already?

We do with our tax dollars. The same applies with Obama's plan.

As I understand it, federal employees do pay for a portion of their premium, just like normal folks do. It is withheld from their paychecks.

So, again, who is going to pay for it if people who aren't government employees select this plan?

Donger
10-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Your uncle having cancer.

He was an asshole.

Donger
10-21-2008, 06:42 PM
So you'd be cool with hospitals turning away people who needed treatment?

Turning people away who didn't have emergencies? Sure. That's where the "emergency" part of "emergency room" comes in.

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 06:43 PM
As I understand it, federal employees do pay for a portion of their premium, just like normal folks do. It is withheld from their paychecks.

So, again, who is going to pay for it if people who aren't government employees select this plan?

The tax payers. I suppose it will be somewhat like Medicare.

He was an asshole.

Most Brits are. :)

WilliamTheIrish
10-21-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm supposed to believe this story actually happened?

Love these TomCash parables. LMAO

Donger
10-21-2008, 06:45 PM
The tax payers. I suppose it will be somewhat like Medicare.

I assume you mean Medicaid?

Most Brits are. :)

No argument here.

RJ
10-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Turning people away who didn't have emergencies? Sure. That's where the "emergency" part of "emergency room" comes in.

Who is going to decide which patients qualify for treatment?

First time somebody got turned away and croaked outside the door would be the end of that idea.

WilliamTheIrish
10-21-2008, 06:51 PM

I'm not kidding.

LMAO This is a better story than the OP.

And it's bullshit too.

dirk digler
10-21-2008, 06:53 PM
I assume you mean Medicaid?

After much thought I think you are right because with Medicaid you pay a small premium based on income.

If you don’t have health insurance, you will have a choice of new, affordable health insurance options.

Donger
10-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Who is going to decide which patients qualify for treatment?

First time somebody got turned away and croaked outside the door would be the end of that idea.

Doctors?

Donger
10-21-2008, 06:59 PM

And it's bullshit too.

I swear, it is the honest truth.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-21-2008, 07:00 PM

That goes back to my theory of this country of the people who have things simply think "fuck everyone but me"

This

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 07:00 PM
LMAO

That is pretty much correct.

The only problem that I see and it is something that needs to be worked out with Obama's plan is what are they going to do about illegal immigrants getting healthcare since they are one of the reasons why prices have sky rocketed

This is just ridiculous.

Placing the onus upon illegal immigrants for the rising costs of health care is just patently absurd.

Is it a portion of it? Yeah, it's also a very small portion of it.

Do you know how many legals go to the ER to be seen? Do you know how much the hospital "charges" for that? Do you know who assumes that cost? Do you know what happens when you lack an agency, such as Medicare, to disallow pointlessly inflated costs of hospital care?

Imagine if you went to McDonald's and said "I'm hungry and I'm not paying for it, but someone else is. How much do you want to charge me for lunch?"

Do you think it's going to be 4 bucks or 40?

The fact of the matter is that a single payer system is far cheaper per capita.

Why don't the dissenters ever talk about the economics of it?

The US spends more per capita on health care than any other country in the world. The system is ranked 37th in quality and we are 72nd in level of health. If it were truly worth the cost, it would be ranked #1 in quality.

The US spends 15.2% of its GDP on health care, Canada spends 10%.

Think about that. And Canada is the one that covers everyone.

Programmer
10-21-2008, 07:01 PM
This is a better story than the OP. And it's bullshit too.

I seriously doubt that you have the capacity to see what is happening in the U.S. at the moment. If this persons attitude is prevalent should obama be elected you will surely be involved at some point.

I hope you find one of the more militant people and they clean your clock.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-21-2008, 07:01 PM
I agree but that is what many people feel on this board. It is pretty sad IMHO.

LMAO You have your profanity filter turned off so you see cuss words. Then you forgot that it worked and censored the word personally. Awesome.

Spicy McHaggis
10-21-2008, 07:04 PM
She said there is no line for me, a black man is going to be president and you people will have to toe the line, start accepting it now.

Did... did this work? I mean, this could really be something I'd really like to take advantage of.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 07:04 PM

And it's bullshit too.

Yes, it is.

Donger
10-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Yes, it is.

Oh? What makes you think so?

Programmer
10-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Yes, it is.

Your denial is admirable, but unfounded. I think the world has passed you by while you've been masturbating with your computer.

Mecca
10-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Honest question, are you guys really trying to argue that our healthcare system is really good when stats say that it isn't?

Programmer
10-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Did... did this work? I mean, this could really be something I'd really like to take advantage of.

It did. Not a single soul spoke out. The lady acted like many of the posters here. Rude and out of touch. Everyone steered clear.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Oh? What makes you think so?

Basically the fact that you acted like someone on a fucking Huffy went to see your grandmother. It's a rapid response tactic with a ton of gear.

Emergency medical service medics on bikes are able to weave through crowds and reach a victim quicker than a large ambulance, Fish said. The bikes carry 50 pounds of medical gear, including oxygen equipment, cardiac equipment and a basic first-aid kit. Paramedics can treat anything from an insect bite to a heart attack.

"We can get to the patient and start treating the patient while the truck is getting through the crowds to transport the patient," Fish said.
The bikes proved handy during the recent Memorial Tournament at Muirfield Village Golf Club, said Allan Woo, chief of the Washington Township Fire Department.

"They had a cardiac call," Woo said. "They were the first on the scene because of the crowd."

Fish started the EMS bike team in Dublin about eight years ago. On average, Fish said, the EMS cyclists spend about 16 hours a week cruising the city and eight to 12 hours a day at special events.

To become a certified cyclist, team members go through 32 hours of training, where they are taught how to ride a bike through crowds, at slow speeds and up and down stairs. They also learn to use the bikes as a barrier to protect the patient.

"We've estimated there are about 300 to 400 EMS bike crews nationwide," said Maureen Becker, spokeswoman for the International Police Mountain Bike Association, which certifies EMS cyclists. "We've seen steady … growth in EMS bike teams."

Becker said airports in the United States, as well as in Canada and Great Britain, use EMS cyclists.

Dublin deploys EMS bike teams at festivals, sporting events and tournaments.

AND THIS IS IN THE US

Uncle_Ted
10-21-2008, 07:11 PM
For me it means we'll have an adult in the White House ... not a spoiled petulant child and the behind-the-scenes-dictator pulling his puppet strings. Someone who actually gives a shit about average Americans, rather than just using them to get elected and stay in power.

I see BHO governing like a moderate. But of course the RWNJ's will compare him to Stalin no matter what he does.

It's amusing to go back and see how many nutjobs thought Clinton was the second coming of Adolf Hitler, but later practically offered to hold Cheney's cock for him while he pissed all over the Constitution.

Donger
10-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Basically the fact that you acted like someone on a ****ing Huffy went to see your grandmother. It's a rapid response tactic with a ton of gear.

Emergency medical service medics on bikes are able to weave through crowds and reach a victim quicker than a large ambulance, Fish said. The bikes carry 50 pounds of medical gear, including oxygen equipment, cardiac equipment and a basic first-aid kit. Paramedics can treat anything from an insect bite to a heart attack.

"We can get to the patient and start treating the patient while the truck is getting through the crowds to transport the patient," Fish said.
The bikes proved handy during the recent Memorial Tournament at Muirfield Village Golf Club, said Allan Woo, chief of the Washington Township Fire Department.

"They had a cardiac call," Woo said. "They were the first on the scene because of the crowd."

Fish started the EMS bike team in Dublin about eight years ago. On average, Fish said, the EMS cyclists spend about 16 hours a week cruising the city and eight to 12 hours a day at special events.

To become a certified cyclist, team members go through 32 hours of training, where they are taught how to ride a bike through crowds, at slow speeds and up and down stairs. They also learn to use the bikes as a barrier to protect the patient.

"We've estimated there are about 300 to 400 EMS bike crews nationwide," said Maureen Becker, spokeswoman for the International Police Mountain Bike Association, which certifies EMS cyclists. "We've seen steady … growth in EMS bike teams."

Becker said airports in the United States, as well as in Canada and Great Britain, use EMS cyclists.

Dublin deploys EMS bike teams at festivals, sporting events and tournaments.

AND THIS IS IN THE US

He said it was bullshit. You agreed. It isn't:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/6293142.stm

Sorry.

Programmer
10-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Honest question, are you guys really trying to argue that our healthcare system is really good when stats say that it isn't?

There are problems with the health cares system, but it is not in as bad shape that the liberals tend to try to make it sound.

Things can be done to improve the care and the cost, but the BO plan stinks and will only make the situation worse.

You don't have to believe my position, but if BO is elected and attempts to do what he claims as a fix you might reflect back in a year or two and then determine if the system was as broken as your handlers tell you it is.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 07:16 PM

Sorry.

Next time before you quote a post, read the motherfucker. It might help.

Try again.

Donger
10-21-2008, 07:17 PM
"Free" healthcare, coming your way!

ROFL

Donger
10-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Next time before you quote a post, read the mother****er. It might help.

Try again.

It's not my fault that you didn't know about it.

Programmer
10-21-2008, 07:18 PM
For me it means we'll have an adult in the White House ... not a spoiled petulant child and the behind-the-scenes-dictator pulling his puppet strings. Someone who actually gives a shit about average Americans, rather than just using them to get elected and stay in power.

I see BHO governing like a moderate. But of course the RWNJ's will compare him to Stalin no matter what he does.

It's amusing to go back and see how many nutjobs thought Clinton was the second coming of Adolf Hitler, but later practically offered to hold Cheney's cock for him while he pissed all over the Constitution.

It looks like you've had a lifetime supply of the liberal koolaid.

BO will not govern as a moderate, your opinion is noted but I feel you will change that opinion should he get elected.

alanm
10-21-2008, 07:19 PM
"Free" healthcare, coming your way!

ROFLI'm heading down for that, food stamps and what ever hand out that their offering before they go broke.
Thank you Barack!!

WilliamTheIrish
10-21-2008, 07:20 PM

Sorry.

I'm well aware of EMT cyclists. What I feel is bullshit is the story of your grandmother. And your uncle. You have a habit of concoting these stories in any thread that talks about UHC.

That's what I call bullshit.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-21-2008, 07:20 PM

This is the best post I've read in this forum in a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-21-2008, 07:22 PM

Sorry.

LMAO So do they ride down the street screaming "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOO WHOOO WHOOO WHOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Donger
10-21-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm well aware of EMT cyclists. What I feel is bullshit is the story of your grandmother. And your uncle. You have a habit of concoting these stories in any thread that talks about UHC.

That's what I call bullshit.

Okay. You could verify it with my uncle, but he's dead. Nan can't hear very well.

Donger
10-21-2008, 07:24 PM
LMAO So do they ride down the street screaming "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOO WHOOO WHOOO WHOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

More like: "BBBBBBEEEEE BAAAAAA! BEEEEEE BAAAAAAA!"

Mr. Flopnuts
10-21-2008, 07:25 PM
More like: "BBBBBBEEEEE BAAAAAA! BEEEEEE BAAAAAAA!"

LMAO

RJ
10-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Doctors?

I don't believe you have any grasp of how things happen in an emergency room. This may be part of why you think there's no problem with the status quo.

Donger
10-21-2008, 07:30 PM
I don't believe you have any grasp of how things happen in an emergency room. This may be part of why you think there's no problem with the status quo.

Meh. I've been to a few in my life. Each time, I was prompted for my proof of insurance, which was promptly given.

RJ
10-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Meh. I've been to a few in my life. Each time, I was prompted for my proof of insurance, which was promptly given.

Excellent, you're starting to catch on.

Donger
10-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Excellent, you're starting to catch on.

Yeah. I don't expect to get served if I can't pay for it.

Nutty.

alanm
10-21-2008, 07:41 PM
It means watching a large number of people and special interests stop complaining about the government and observing them contort themselves attempting to defend it.

That should be entertaining and comical to watch. :evil:That goes without saying.

RJ
10-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Yeah. I don't expect to get served if I can't pay for it.

Nutty.

Yes, nutty.

And I certainly hope that neither you nor any of your loved ones are ever in that position.

Sincerely.

Donger
10-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Yes, nutty.

And I certainly hope that neither you nor any of your loved ones are ever in that position.

Sincerely.

Thanks. You too.