PDA

View Full Version : Elections McCain begins PA push by saying he thinks "nasty things" said about them are true

Ultra Peanut
10-21-2008, 07:28 PM
This is perhaps my favorite video of the general election season.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NLVSURlFoQs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NLVSURlFoQs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 07:29 PM
ROFL.

RJ
10-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Holy shit, that is hilarious. Definitely funniest moment of the year thus far, narrowly edging out Palin in the Couric interview. That's gonna leave a mark.

Mecca
10-21-2008, 07:33 PM
The crowd was rather stunned at his stupidity.

Mr. Laz
10-21-2008, 07:33 PM
ROFL

Dubya junior

RJ
10-21-2008, 07:35 PM
The crowd was rather stunned at his stupidity.

Yeah, that brief moment of silence was great.

Just a wee bit of a faux pas.

jAZ
10-21-2008, 07:36 PM
George Bush + 20 years + Long Campaign = Best Ooops Moment of 2008

HolmeZz
10-21-2008, 07:40 PM
I almost choked on my Milky Way. :(

NewChief
10-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Ouch. Probably no big deal in the grand scheme, but that's painful to watch. The worst part is that he just got worse in his attempt at a recovery.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Ouch. Probably no big deal in the grand scheme, but that's painful to watch. The worst part is that he just got worse in his attempt at a recovery.

Probably a good thing that Cindy McCain has been so extensively botoxed that she can't show emotion.

Smed1065
10-21-2008, 07:43 PM
ROFLMAO.

"I couldn't agree with them more."

Mecca
10-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Cindy McCain looks like she died 5 years ago.

Ultra Peanut
10-21-2008, 07:47 PM
ROFLMAO.

"I couldn't agree with them more.""You're all horrible racists! I'm ashamed to even be seen with you!"

noa
10-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Just a silly slip up, but a hilarious one at that.

ChiefsLV
10-21-2008, 07:53 PM
OMG, that's even better than the "my fellow prisoners" slip. If he gets enough of these, someone should do a compilation. ROFL

RJ
10-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Certainly worthy of a daytime bump.

jidar
10-22-2008, 09:35 AM
lol

Sully
10-22-2008, 09:36 AM
I an't watch the vid...what is it?

RJ
10-22-2008, 09:44 AM
I an't watch the vid...what is it?

As he traveled westward across Pennsylvania Tuesday, John McCain followed Tip O’Neil’s mantra that “all politics is local.”

The plan: Begin the day with an appeal to local baseball fans at a rally outside Philadelphia, make his economic pitch in Harrisburg and finish off at a rally outside Pittsburgh with a shot at controversial comments the local Democratic Congressman, John Murtha, made recently labeling western Pennsylvania a “racist area.”

As McCain was concluding the day he hit a slight snag as he botched his attack line by accidentally saying he agreed with Murtha–drawing silence from the more than 2,000 supporters in attendance– but sought to recover by heaping the praise on and labeling it the “most patriotic part of America.”

“You know, I think you may have noticed that Senator Obama’s supporters have been saying some pretty nasty things about western Pennsylvania lately,” McCain said. “And you know, I couldn’t agree with them more. I couldn’t disagree with you. I couldn’t agree with you more than the fact that western Pennsylvania is the most patriotic, most God-loving, most patriotic part of America, and this is a great part of the country.” (video above)

Murtha told a local Pennsylvania news outlet last week that there is “no question that western Pennsylvania is a racist area.” Making things worse, when he tried to correct himself in a subsequent interview, Murtha referred to the region’s residents as “rednecks.”

For his part, McCain recovered from initially stepping on his line to take aim at what he says is the underlying problem with the Democrats: they say “different things to different people.”

“I’ll give some of Senator Obama’s supporters some credit, at least they’re saying these things openly instead of behind closed doors at a San Francisco fundraiser,” he said refering to Obama’s spring comments that some Pennsylvanians cling to guns and religion because they are bitter. “My friends, the people of western Pennsylvania love their second amendment their amendment rights, their constitutional rights and their religion because they love their country and their love they values and they love their families and they believe in the future of this country. That’s what the people of western Pennsylvania are all about.”

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/10/21/mccain-to-murtha-western-pa-most-patriotic-part-of-america/

patteeu
10-22-2008, 09:49 AM
PA is one of the more important of the 57 states this election cycle.

RJ
10-22-2008, 09:52 AM

Actually, that's not true. I've read that it ranks only 54th of the 57.

Sully
10-22-2008, 09:56 AM

I'm keeping an eye on it from my window.