PDA

View Full Version : Elections His Pastor?

Donger
10-21-2008, 09:34 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VUbUBTlmAiA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VUbUBTlmAiA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Messier
10-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Whose pastor?

Donger
10-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Whose pastor?

Barack Hussein Obama's, of course. Did you not watch?

Count Alex's Losses
10-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Religion is terrible. It should be eradicated from the face of the earth.

Mecca
10-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Lets talk about McCain and Palins nutty pastors.....they all have them this time around than Biden.

Donger
10-21-2008, 09:38 PM

That isn't religion. It's politics wrapped up in a colorful package.

Programmer
10-21-2008, 09:39 PM
I'd say that it would be best to eradicate clathan before religion.

noa
10-21-2008, 09:39 PM
I imagine you're just sitting back in your chair, hunching over like Mr. Burns, tapping your fingers together going, "Eggggggggselent, now I can watch all the liberals get worked up in my thread."

Donger
10-21-2008, 09:40 PM
I imagine you're just sitting back in your chair, hunching over like Mr. Burns, tapping your fingers together going, "Eggggggggselent, now I can watch all the liberals get worked up in my thread."

You'd be incorrect. I hadn't seen this diatribe before. It's disturbing, to say the least.

Mecca
10-21-2008, 09:40 PM

You think Donger is Al Davis?

Messier
10-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Barack Hussein Obama's, of course. Did you not watch?

No. Could you sum it up for me?

Taco John
10-21-2008, 09:43 PM
I personally think Jeremiah Wright preaches very similar to fire and brimstone preachers in pentecostal churches. I was raised with preachers who loved America but hated her sin. That's all I see in Brother Wright. I think the man loves the Lord, and is sincere in his beliefs. And I don't believe that his beliefs are far from the mainstream of either Christian and especially African American Christian thought. I realize that some people will take issue with this, but I don't think these people are being honest with themselves about what the Christian church has been saying about America since the 60's.

noa
10-21-2008, 09:43 PM
You'd be incorrect. I hadn't seen this diatribe before. It's disturbing, to say the least.

I'm shocked. That one made the rounds frequently when the story broke. I saw it on several sites. And you have been keeping up with this whole election, so I am genuinely surprised you haven't seen it.

Taco John
10-21-2008, 09:45 PM

Summary:
White people are priviledged and many don't want to see a black man become president.

Taco John
10-21-2008, 09:46 PM
I'm shocked. That one made the rounds frequently when the story broke. I saw it on several sites. And you have been keeping up with this whole election, so I am genuinely surprised you haven't seen it.

They're throwing hail mary passes at this point. Problem is, they're going to the same playbook that lost Hillary the election, and hoping that it will work for McCain.

Donger

Sure.

At the start of the clip is Barack Hussein responding to Alan Keyes, saying:

"I don't need Mr. Keyes lecturing me about Christianity. That's why I have a pastor. That's why I have my Bible."

Then, Barack Hussein's pastor rants for about three minutes about the evils of the white man.

Count Alex's Losses
I personally think Jeremiah Wright preaches very similar to fire and brimstone preachers in pentecostal churches. I was raised with preachers who loved America but hated her sin. That's all I see in Brother Wright. I think the man loves the Lord, and is sincere in his beliefs. And I don't believe that his beliefs are far from the mainstream of either Christian and especially African American Christian thought. I realize that some people will take issue with this, but I don't think these people are being honest with themselves about what the Christian church has been saying about America since the 60's.

Please. He's just another white-hating black man who uses religion as a tool to further reverse racism.

He's a disgrace to any legitimate holy man on the face of the earth. He's a hypocrite and should burn in hell, though it doesn't exist. I'll gladly coat an underground parking lot in napalm and lock him inside, though.

Donger

Sorry.

Ultra Peanut
10-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Ting tang walla walla bing bang.

Donger
10-21-2008, 09:47 PM

I see a man who has serious issues with white people.

Taco John
10-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Please. He's just another white-hating black man who uses religion as a tool to further reverse racism.

He's a disgrace to any legitimate holy man on the face of the earth. He's a hypocrite and should burn in hell, though it doesn't exist. I'll gladly coat an underground parking lot in napalm and lock him inside, though.

When Jeremiah Wright was a boy, he had to drink from different fountains than White People, sit at the back of busses, and watch sunday schools get bombed by racists, with innocent children being the victims. Forgive me if I'll give the man some leeway for harboring some hostility. If that stuff had happened in another country, the oppressed might have strapped on bomb belts and returned fire. In America, though, they instead took to the streets to march, and the pulpits to preach - and did everything they could to quash the violent faction who wanted violent retribution.

Jeremiah Wright is an American success story.

Taco John
10-21-2008, 09:51 PM

Funny, that's what I see too...

Taco John
10-21-2008, 09:52 PM
The Sunday School Bombing

Friday, Sep. 27, 1963

Sunday morning, Sept. 15, was cool and overcast in Birmingham. Sunday school classes were just ending in the basement of the yellow brick 16th Street Baptist Church, the city's largest Negro church and the scene of several recent civil rights rallies. The morning's lesson was "The Love That Forgives," from the fifth chapter of Matthew.* Four girls — Carole Robertson, 14, Cynthia Wesley, 14, Addie Mae Collins, 14, and Denise McNair, 11 — left the classroom to go to the bathroom.

At 10:22 the bomb exploded, with the force of ten to 15 sticks of dynamite. It had been planted under the steps behind the 50-year-old building.

Great chunks of stone shot like artillery shells through parked cars. The blast shattered the windshield of a passing car, knocked the driver unconscious. A metal railing, torn from its concrete bed, lanced across the street into the window of the Social Dry Cleaning store. Next door, customers at the Silver Springs Restaurant were knocked to the floor. In nearby Kelly Ingram Park, pieces of brick nipped the leaves off trees 200 ft. from the blast.

Beneath the Robe. Inside the church, a teacher screamed, "Lie on the floor! Lie on the floor!" Rafters collapsed, a skylight fell on the pulpit. Part of a stained glass window shattered, obliterating the face of Christ. A man cried: "Everybody out! Everybody out!" A stream of sobbing Negroes stumbled through the litter—past twisted metal folding chairs, past splintered wooden benches, past shredded songbooks and Bibles. A Negro woman staggered out of the Social Dry Cleaning store shrieking "Let me at 'em! I'll kill 'em!"— and fainted. White plaster dust fell gently for a block around.

Police cars poured into the block—and even as the cops plunged into the church, some enraged Negroes began throwing rocks at them. Rescue workers found a seven-foot pyramid of bricks where once the girls' bathroom stood. On top was a child's white lace choir robe. A civil defense captain lifted the hem of the robe. "Oh, my God," he cried. "Don't look!" Beneath lay the mangled body of a Negro girl.

Barehanded, the workers dug deeper into the rubble—until four bodies had been uncovered. The head and shoulder of one child had been completely blown off. The remains were covered with shrouds and carried out to waiting ambulances. A youth rushed forward, lifted a sheet and wailed: "This is my sister! My God — she's dead!"

The church's pastor, the Rev. John Cross, hurried up and down the sidewalk, urging the milling crowd to go home. "Please go home!" he said. "The Lord is our shepherd, and we shall not want." Another Negro minister added his pleas. "Go home and pray for the men who did this evil deed," he said. "We must have love in our hearts for these men." But a Negro boy screamed, "We give love—and we get this!" And another youth yelled: "Love 'em? Love 'em? We hate 'em!" A man wept: "My grandbaby was one of those killed! Eleven years old! I helped pull the rocks off her! You know how I feel? I feel like blowing the whole town up!"

The Birmingham police department's six-wheeled riot tank thumped onto the scene and cops began firing shotguns over the heads of the crowd while Negroes pelted them with rocks. Later, Negro youths began stoning passing white cars. The police ordered them to stop. One boy, Johnny Robinson, 16, ran, and a cop killed him with a blast of buckshot. That made five dead and 17 injured in the bomb blast.

"I Can't." Several miles away, on the worn-out coalfield fringe of Birmingham, two young Negro brothers, James and Virgil Ware, were riding a bicycle. Virgil, 13, was sitting on the handle bars. A motor scooter with two 16-year-old white boys aboard approached from the opposite direction. James Ware, 16, told what happened then: "This boy on the front of the bike turns and says something to the boy behind him, and the other reaches in his pocket and he says Pow! Pow! with a gun twice. Virgil fell and I said, get up Virgil, and he said, I can't, I'm shot."

And so six died on a Sunday in Birmingham.

Verses 43-44: "Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you."

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,875154,00.html

Donger
10-21-2008, 09:53 PM
When Jeremiah Wright was a boy, he had to drink from different fountains than White People, sit at the back of busses, and watch sunday schools get bombed by racists, with innocent children being the victims. Forgive me if I'll give the man some leeway for harboring some hostility. If that stuff had happened in another country, the oppressed might have strapped on bomb belts and returned fire. In America, though, they instead took to the streets to march, and the pulpits to preach - and did everything they could to quash the violent faction who wanted violent retribution.

I could have sworn these words were spoken rather recently.

ROYC75
10-21-2008, 09:57 PM

That wasn't religion .......and yes, that stuff he was a talking about is not fit for human consumption. It should be eradicated.

But this is the teachings Obama got while being his student. This runs in line with what Ayers believes.

And people wonder why we question Obo on his vision ?

Count Alex's Losses
10-21-2008, 09:58 PM

Too bad he's a racist prick who's still living in the past.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2008, 10:00 PM

Claythan ain't never been called a n*gger!!

Taco John
10-21-2008, 10:00 PM

*shrug*

Too bad for who?

Ultra Peanut
10-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Too bad he's a racist prick who's still living in the past.In what way is he a racist?

Logical
10-21-2008, 10:03 PM
You'd be incorrect. I hadn't seen this diatribe before. It's disturbing, to say the least.You been living under a rock with no TV and no Radio?

Donger
10-21-2008, 10:03 PM
*shrug*

Too bad for who?

Wright and whomever chose to be a member of his church.

Donger
10-21-2008, 10:04 PM
In what way is he a racist?

You don't think that the above video constitutes racism?

Donger
10-21-2008, 10:05 PM
You been living under a rock with no TV and no Radio?

No. I have seen the one "God Damn America" clip and the "coming home to roost" clip, but not this.

Logical
10-21-2008, 10:06 PM
That wasn't religion .......and yes, that stuff he was a talking about is not fit for human consumption. It should be eradicated.

But this is the teachings Obama got while being his student. This runs in line with what Ayers believes.

And people wonder why we question Obo on his vision ?Look Roy even if I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, I could not. What Ayers believes has nothing to do with what Wright preaches. That was just a dumb statement.

Logical
10-21-2008, 10:08 PM
No. I have seen the one "God Damn America" clip and the "coming home to roost" clip, but not this.Hard to believe it has been played a 1000 times on pretty much all the MSM and probably 500 times on Fox.

Count Alex's Losses
10-21-2008, 10:08 PM
*shrug*

Too bad for who?

Anyone who chooses to associate with him.

That includes Obama.

Logical
10-21-2008, 10:09 PM
You don't think that the above video constitutes racism?I don't think that was racist because it was factual. Wright has said racist things though.

Donger
10-21-2008, 10:10 PM
Hard to believe it has been played a 1000 times on pretty much all the MSM and probably 500 times on Fox.

I don't watch much TV news.

Logical
10-21-2008, 10:12 PM
I see a man who has serious issues with white people.True, but as TJ has properly pointed out he has plenty of reason to do so.

Ultra Peanut
10-21-2008, 10:13 PM
You don't think that the above video constitutes racism?I don't see how you can conflate "ranting about the plight of a minority" with "racism against the majority" unless you're actively trying to be offended -- and even then, you're going to have to reach pretty fucking hard.

Logical
I don't watch much TV news.I understand.

Donger
True, but as TJ has properly pointed out he has plenty of reason to do so.

And the people applauding in the audience?

Donger
10-21-2008, 10:14 PM
I don't see how you can conflate "ranting about the plight of a minority" with "racism against the majority" unless you're actively trying to be offended -- and even then, you're going to have to reach pretty ****ing hard.

Are you of the opinion that minorities cannot be racist?

Ultra Peanut
10-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Are you of the opinion that minorities cannot be racist?Do you have a learning disability?

Amnorix
10-21-2008, 10:16 PM
I'll back Donger on this, as I also don't watch much TV news, and I've never seen that particular clip either.

All that said, I don't find it as disturbing as the others. Although it is obviously inflammatory and racist, it's also pretty factual for the most part.

Raise your hand if you honestly believe that this country isn't run by wealthy white people, after all. :shrug:

DeezNutz
10-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Are you of the opinion that minorities cannot be racist?

Perhaps Demonpenz will help explain the matter with one of his helpful graphics?

Donger
Do you have a learning disability?

No. I just don't want to assume anything. It's a simple question.

Taco John
And the people applauding in the audience?

The people that relate with what he's saying? What about them?

I don't understand this "controversey."

Ultra Peanut
10-21-2008, 10:18 PM
I'll back Donger on this, as I also don't watch much TV news, and I've never seen that particular clip either.

All that said, I don't find it as disturbing as the others. Although it is obviously inflammatory and racist, it's also pretty factual for the most part. How is it racist to say black people have certain disadvantages that white people don't? It's incendiary (A pastor being loud and angry? No way!), sure, but not racist.

The entire hatchet job on Wright is hilarious and pathetic.

Logical
10-21-2008, 10:18 PM
And the people applauding in the audience?I honestly don't know who was his audience. I will say I have never been to Pentecostal church where the audience did not react the same way. It seems to be part of that culture.

Taco John
10-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Anyone who chooses to associate with him.

That includes Obama.

How is it bad for Obama? When Hillary tried to use Wright to wreck the Obama campaign, she ended up losing, and Obama ended up with the nomination.

Now the Republicans are going to give it a whirl. Wanna make a bet on how this turns out?

Donger
10-21-2008, 10:20 PM

All that said, I don't find it as disturbing as the others. Although it is obviously inflammatory and racist, it's also pretty factual for the most part.

Raise your hand if you honestly believe that this country isn't run by wealthy white people, after all. :shrug:

Jesus was a poor, black man?

Amnorix
10-21-2008, 10:21 PM
How is it racist to say black people have certain disadvantages that white people don't? It's incendiary (A pastor being loud and angry? No way!), sure, but not racist.

The entire hatchet job on Wright is hilarious and pathetic.

:shrug: Even if it's factual, IMHO incendiary comments that are focused on a particular race are pretty much inherently "racist". In the context of his preaching, it certainly seems racist to me.

DeezNutz
10-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Hillary hasn't had to work twice as hard? Whew...glad that whole issue of women being discriminated against has been neatly resolved.

To the next problem...

Donger
I wonder, if this clip was showing an older white pastor talking about black men being more likely to commit violent crime and being incarcerated, and the white audience applauding it, would the defenders of Wright here also say it was not racist?

Those are just facts, yes?

Amnorix

Jesus was a middle-eastern Jew. Here's a hint -- he wasn't blonde and blue eyed.

It's extremely common for each race to associate his image with their race. I agree, he wasn't African-American, but you can hardly tell African Americans that any more than you can tell white people that he wasn't lily-white.

Amnorix
10-21-2008, 10:24 PM
How is it bad for Obama? When Hillary tried to use Wright to wreck the Obama campaign, she ended up losing, and Obama ended up with the nomination.

Now the Republicans are going to give it a whirl. Wanna make a bet on how this turns out?

FTR the target audience is different, and it may have more of an impact on independent voters than those choosing the Democrat nominee. Maybe not, but maybe...

Ultra Peanut
10-21-2008, 10:25 PM
I wonder, if this clip was showing an older white pastor talking about black men being more likely to commit violent crime and being incarcerated, and the white audience applauding it, would the defenders of Wright here also say it was not racist?

Those are just facts, yes?Thank you, Donger, for you wonderfully apt analogy. There is absolutely no difference between saying "We've been handed some bad cards... but Jesus fought an uphill climb, too!" and "Black people are more violent than white people, and this relates to Jesus because..."

Donger
10-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Jesus was a middle-eastern Jew. Here's a hint -- he wasn't blonde and blue eyed.

It's extremely common for each race to associate his image with their race. I agree, he wasn't African-American, but you can hardly tell African Americans that any more than you can tell white people that he wasn't lily-white.

Wrong! I've seen the paintings.

I think you know what I think on this subject, Amno.

Adept Havelock

Jewish, allegedly. :p

Ultra Peanut
They don't call him black baby Jesus for nothin'.

Taco John
10-21-2008, 10:27 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TYexskpUUBI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TYexskpUUBI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Donger
10-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Thank you, Donger, for you wonderfully apt analogy. There is absolutely no difference between saying "We've been handed some bad cards... but Jesus fought an uphill climb, too!" and "Black people are more violent than white people, and this relates to Jesus because..."

I heard a lot of complaining about white people, not much about Jesus of Nazareth.

Count Alex's Losses
10-21-2008, 10:32 PM

Obama will be President. But this was an obvious strike against him.

It's OK. It's better than being a complete asshole - McCain.

Amnorix
10-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Wrong! I've seen the paintings.

I think you know what I think on this subject, Amno.

ROFL

I searched the web for a picture of a blue eyed Jesus Christ, as I thought it would be mildly amusing. I found many, but somehow prefer to post this. Sorry for the interrupt -- you may now return to your regularly scheduled bickering.

http://seronoser.free.fr/supergirl/%5B169%5Dbright_blue_eyes_web.jpg

BigCatDaddy
10-21-2008, 10:36 PM

Some success. Apparently he doesn't have a problem with whites after all.

http://stupidcelebrities.net/2008/09/09/rev-jeremiah-wright-elizabeth-payne-sex-affair-photos/

Reverend Jeremiah Wright, Jr. actually stole the wife of a married man, whom he was counseling over 20 years ago. Now Rev. Wright is accused of having a steamy sex affair with a church worker, Elizabeth Payne.

Elizabeth Payne, 37, met Reverend Wright, when she worked at the Dallas church. As rumors of their sex affair began to come out, Elizabeth Payne’s husband left her and she also lost her job as secretary to Rev. Frederick Haynes III at the Friendship-West Baptist Church.

“I was involved with Rev. Wright, and that’s why I lost my job and why my husband divorced me,” Payne said.

Members of the church “found out about the affair in the spring,” Payne said.

Elizabeth Payne had organized several Texas appearances for Reverend Jeremiah Wright after Barack Obama denounced his 20-year pastor for his controversial sermons.

“Liz was by Rev. Wright’s side day and night during those days,” a church source told the Post.

Now Elizabeth Payne has filed a wrongful-dismissal claim with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission to get her position back with the church.

Fred Payne, Elizabeth’s husband, found out about the relationship between his wife and Rev. Wright, after seeing emails between the two of them back in February.

“There must have been about 80 of them, back and forth,” he said. “Wright said things like he was going to leave his wife for Elizabeth.”

Donger
10-21-2008, 10:38 PM
ROFL

I searched the web for a picture of a blue eyed Jesus Christ, as I thought it would be mildly amusing. I found many, but somehow prefer to post this. Sorry for the interrupt -- you may now return to your regularly scheduled bickering.

http://seronoser.free.fr/supergirl/%5B169%5Dbright_blue_eyes_web.jpg

Does the 'S' stand for 'Savior'?

Taco John
10-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Obama will be President. But this was an obvious strike against him.

It's OK. It's better than being a complete asshole - McCain.

Obvious to who? He's on pace for an electoral landslide, and might even swing West Virginia. If this was an obvious strike against him, it was only obvious to people who weren't going to vote for him in the first place.

Maybe if Republicans had focused on actual issues, instead of going for this dorky stuff, they'd have been able to build a case and then use the dorky stuff to tip the scales. Instead, they went after this garbage, and tried to use the actual issues to tip the scales.

Doh!

Amnorix
10-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Does the 'S' stand for 'Savior'?

Must be. Why that pic comes up on a search for blue eyed Jesus Christ, I dunno. But I can't say I'm complaining. :D

ROYC75
10-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Look Roy even if I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, I could not. What Ayers believes has nothing to do with what Wright preaches. That was just a dumb statement.

What, that the radical movement of both , Rev. Wright to free the black man from the white man and Ayers movement of unjust and cruel oppression ? That in Ayers book , Ayers stated, "I'm a radical, leftist, small 'c' communist." "Teaching Toward Freedom," Ayers states his goal is to "teach against oppression," which Ayers defines as "against America's history of evil and racism, thereby forcing social transformation."

I see some similarities here ......

And Obama was taught by both of them ......

Captain Obvious
10-21-2008, 10:49 PM
I heard a lot of complaining about white people, not much about Jesus of Nazareth.

And why in the world did that happen? It couldn't be because the creator of that snippet only wanted you to hear that part and not the other parts of the sermon, right? Isn't that how the game is played? Show the stuff that will get people riled up and cut away after that part is over?

beer bacon
10-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Wait. B. Hussein Obama isn't a Muslim? Yeah right. What a crock of bullshit.

Jenson71
10-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Truth hurts.

POND_OF_RED
10-21-2008, 11:21 PM
While we are talking about pastors this would be a good time to show you all a recent video made by Sarah Palin's spiritual advisors:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-pR3ykwucA4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-pR3ykwucA4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

|Zach|
10-21-2008, 11:54 PM
This is fun.

Taco John
10-22-2008, 01:06 AM
I've seen no evidence that Sarah Palin is a racist. I believe that she's in over her head, but I don't believe that she's a bad person, with bad intentions.

Jenson71
10-22-2008, 02:01 AM
McCain's advisers have not yet indoctrinated her on what her views of race issues shall be. Stay tuned.

Saggysack
10-22-2008, 02:24 AM

You could be right. I've never met a white man named Jesus.

patteeu
10-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Look Roy even if I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, I could not. What Ayers believes has nothing to do with what Wright preaches. That was just a dumb statement.

No it wasn't. I take it that you don't really know much about Ayers, Wright, and the radical left of the political spectrum. If you're going to join them, you ought to at least understand who you're getting in bed with.

Baby Lee
10-22-2008, 07:38 AM
Do you have a learning disability?

Don't go soft, tell him he went full retard. Gotta keep that retard quotient up.

Baby Lee
10-22-2008, 07:45 AM
Interesting in light of the recent 'real America' of small towns brouhaha, that no one has been 'Jon Stewart irate' that Obama's pastor is glad that Jesus taught him the grace to love his enemies, white Americans.

jjjayb
10-22-2008, 08:03 AM
Maybe if Republicans had focused on actual issues, instead of going for this dorky stuff, they'd have been able to build a case and then use the dorky stuff to tip the scales. Instead, they went after this garbage, and tried to use the actual issues to tip the scales.

Doh!

This is a real issue Taco. Everytime something else comes up to show the real Obama, you just stick your head in the hand and repeat your tired "stick to the issues". Since when is a mans character not an issue? I guess it would be okay if Mccain went to Clan rallies every week? You wouldn't have an issue with that right? After all, it's not an issue.

The funny thing is, most Obama supporters I've met don't even know any of the issues. They can only say they are voting for Obama because "he inspires me" or "he's gonna bring change". When I ask what of his policies they like they look at me with a blank stare and repeat the "he's gonna bring change". What change? "I don't know but he inspires me". :shake:

Jilly
10-22-2008, 08:32 AM
What, that the radical movement of both , Rev. Wright to free the black man from the white man and Ayers movement of unjust and cruel oppression ? That in Ayers book , Ayers stated, "I'm a radical, leftist, small 'c' communist." "Teaching Toward Freedom," Ayers states his goal is to "teach against oppression," which Ayers defines as "against America's history of evil and racism, thereby forcing social transformation."

I see some similarities here ......

And Obama was taught by both of them ......

oh and I'm sure he has no critical thinking skills of his own to decipher the crap from the good stuff. I can assure you, every preacher has let some crap come out of his or her mouth at some point. Mainly because they are human. perhaps`the problem is the amount of esteem and idolatry people give clergy

jjjayb
10-22-2008, 09:22 AM
oh and I'm sure he has no critical thinking skills of his own to decipher the crap from the good stuff. I can assure you, every preacher has let some crap come out of his or her mouth at some point. Mainly because they are human. perhaps`the problem is the amount of esteem and idolatry people give clergy

What does it say about the man who continues to listen to this paster for 20 years? You think it says nothing? Really? I suppose if you went to a church and the pastor kept desparaging blacks you'd just keep going to the same church listening to the same pastor?

Jilly
10-22-2008, 08:01 PM
What does it say about the man who continues to listen to this paster for 20 years? You think it says nothing? Really? I suppose if you went to a church and the pastor kept desparaging blacks you'd just keep going to the same church listening to the same pastor?

I think it says he is loyal to his church and not the pastor. I think it says he is loyal to the mission to which his church is called. Which, in the grand scheme of things, I wish more people would follow that model and then maybe pastors wouldn't become so egotistical and corrupted. Yes, a pastor is vital to a church community, but when people are a part of a church simply because of its pastor, then they are there for the wrong reason.

Programmer
10-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Claythan ain't never been called a n*gger!!

He is lily white, that might be the reason.

Have you been called that ?

(Who really cares if you have?)

Programmer
10-22-2008, 09:09 PM
I think it says he is loyal to his church and not the pastor. I think it says he is loyal to the mission to which his church is called. Which, in the grand scheme of things, I wish more people would follow that model and then maybe pastors wouldn't become so egotistical and corrupted. Yes, a pastor is vital to a church community, but when people are a part of a church simply because of its pastor, then they are there for the wrong reason.

There is a lot of truth in what you say, but as loyal as you are to a Church if the pastor speaks as Wright did it wasn't an overnight change. The man has been racist for a very long time and Obama sat in the Church. At one point in time you have to wake up and realize that what he is preaching is not biblical.

WilliamTheIrish
10-22-2008, 09:15 PM

Hopefully the good rev won't try to slip to the front of a fast food line.

Logical
10-22-2008, 10:24 PM
No it wasn't. I take it that you don't really know much about Ayers, Wright, and the radical left of the political spectrum. If you're going to join them, you ought to at least understand who you're getting in bed with.Thats my goal by gotcha (Sarah Palin disgusting accent) going to join up wit dems radical leftists.:evil:

Jenson71
10-23-2008, 12:45 AM
I've said it before, but . . .

It's not like Wright is an outlier. The Black Church was the only place blacks had an actual, central control over their lives. Of course politics, issues, and worldviews that affected them would be greatly discussed in these sermons and after masses in the basement or lobbies. They didn't run local government. They didn't run school boards. They didn't run corporations. The church was their voice. It's why most black leaders in the 20th century were Reverends - a number of them still are (Jackson, Franken, for example). That was their voice.

There is such hypocrisy with outrage to Wright's extreme views and some rich white conservative prosperity preacher telling the world God has damned America through hurricanes and terrorists because of gays and liberals.

Count Alex's Losses
10-23-2008, 12:47 AM
For some reason this thread reminds me of Princess Leia disgustingly saying "Your...FATHER?" in Return of the Jedi.

NewChief
10-23-2008, 06:47 AM
Interesting in light of the recent 'real America' of small towns brouhaha, that no one has been 'Jon Stewart irate' that Obama's pastor is glad that Jesus taught him the grace to love his enemies, white Americans.

Maybe it's because..... his statements are no longer "news" since they came out forever ago in this election? Or maybe it's because, despite the best effort of the opposition to make it appear to be the case, Wright isn't running for either President or Vice President in this election?

Mecca
10-23-2008, 07:17 AM
Why is it to get elected in this country you have to either be overly religious or pretend like you are?

Programmer
10-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Why is it to get elected in this country you have to either be overly religious or pretend like you are?

BO is neither, so if he wins your point is invalid.

BO might have been in church for 20 years but it seems like he never heard what his pastor was saying, at least that's his story and he's sticking to it.

J Diddy
10-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Maybe it's because..... his statements are no longer "news" since they came out forever ago in this election? Or maybe it's because, despite the best effort of the opposition to make it appear to be the case, Wright isn't running for either President or Vice President in this election?

Exactly they peaked too early.

***SPRAYER
06-12-2009, 12:50 PM
It's hard to believe that B.O. spent twenty years in that church, brought his children to that church, and still won the primary and the election.

SNR
06-12-2009, 12:56 PM
What's controversial about Reverend Wright again? I haven't watched all the videos, but I wikied this guy. About the only thing I could find was the quote, "NOOOOOO, not God BLESS America.... God DAAAAAAYYYYUMMMMNNN America!"

Which, he's not the first religious figure, white OR black, to point out the evils of this country's history.

***SPRAYER
06-12-2009, 12:58 PM
What's controversial about Reverend Wright again? I haven't watched all the videos, but I wikied this guy. About the only thing I could find was the quote, "NOOOOOO, not God BLESS America.... God DAAAAAAYYYYUMMMMNNN America!"

Which, he's not the first religious figure, white OR black, to point out the evils of this country's history.

I just thought it would be fun to revisit some of these threads since the "DEM JEWS NOT GWAN LET BRACK TAWKS TA ME" comment.

:drool:

KcFanInGA
06-12-2009, 01:10 PM
The Jews wont let me post my true opinions.

KcFanInGA
06-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Rev. Wright loves Jew-jew fruits.