PDA

View Full Version : New NFLDraftCountdown.com Mock

Dicky McElephant
10-23-2008, 02:05 PM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

2 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: JAMES LAURINAITIS, ILB, OHIO ST.

Are the Chiefs going to win too many games for their own good? Unless Sam Bradford or Matt Sanchez unexpectedly come out early Matthew Stafford will be the only stud quarterback prospect in the 2009 NFL Draft but to have a shot at him they may need to "earn" the #1 overall pick. Unfortunately for Kansas City they aren't the worst team in the league right now, at least in terms of their record, which means they miss out on Stafford and are unable to address what is without question their most glaring need. With that being the case they turn the attention to the defense and grab James Laurinaitis to upgrade their linebacking corps. Napoleon Harris was released and Pat Thomas is just a journeyman so middle linebacker is a huge need for the Chiefs. Laurinaitis has been one of the best defensive players in the nation the past couple of years and had he entered the 2008 NFL Draft he might have been a Top 10 overall pick. Laurinaitis is now one of the top prospects in the country and while he may not be quite on the same level as A.J. Hawk was coming out he is awfully close. An intense competitor with great instincts, Laurinaitis might not be the best-case scenario but if they can't land a franchise quarterback he isn't a bad Plan B.

PhillyChiefFan
10-23-2008, 02:10 PM
I wonder if McCoy AND Bradford will declare?

They might considering there is a huge demand for QB's and not much talent in the senior class this year.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-23-2008, 06:30 PM
McCoy has already said he is staying for his senior year
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3658632

PhillyChiefFan
10-24-2008, 07:32 AM
Well, so much for McCoy then.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Bradford will come out

suds79
10-24-2008, 12:41 PM
In their mock i don't think they have another QB going in round 1 outside of Stafford.

I guess that'd leave things open for us to target a Tim Tebow or Josh Freeman (or whoever the next best QB would be) in round 2.

I'm assuming this mock has Bradford not declaring.

eazyb81
11-11-2008, 07:51 PM
NFLDC Mock Draft updated November 11th:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

The Big 12 fans are going to cream their pants.....

googlegoogle
11-11-2008, 08:13 PM
The lbers are too high here.

Would rather take OLINE or Dend.

SAY NO TO SAM BRADFORD. OVERRATED. I liked Matt Ryan in the last draft. He's no Ryan.

Coogs
02-05-2009, 09:33 AM
He has updated his mock draft today. Our new picks are...

#3. Aaron Curry LB
#34. Michael Johnson, DE

Dicky McElephant
02-05-2009, 10:22 AM
I'd rather have

#3 - Mark Sanchez
#34 - Alex Mack/Duke Robinson

Then trade back up into the bottom of the 2nd and grab Robert Ayers DE Tennessee.

Coogs
02-05-2009, 10:36 AM
I'd rather have

#3 - Mark Sanchez
#34 - Alex Mack/Duke Robinson

Then trade back up into the bottom of the 2nd and grab Robert Ayers DE Tennessee.

Ditto on the first 2. Not sure about trading back up but definately with you on the first two.

Sam Hall
02-05-2009, 11:25 AM
I've heard so much negativity about Michael Johnson that I don't want the Chiefs to draft him at all.

chagrin
02-05-2009, 12:03 PM
If he's not as "good" as Hawk, that makes him even less appealing than he already is.

Dicky McElephant
02-05-2009, 12:06 PM
If he's not as "good" as Hawk, that makes him even less appealing than he already is.

You're looking at the old one....check out the updated one a few posts up.