PDA

View Full Version : Trying to make a playoff push - TRADE for LT

OnTheWarpath58
10-29-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm guessing the general consensus will be that I gave up too much, but here goes:

I'm 3-5 with 5 weeks to go before the playoffs begin.

My starters are as follows:

Cutler

Addai/Rhodes
Forte

Reggie Wayne
Calvin Johnson

Jason Witten/Owen Daniels

It's a boom-or-bust deal, but I just traded Addai/Rhodes, CJ and Witten for LaDainian Tomlinson and Lee Evans.

Here's my thinking behind this:

First: Rhodes has played really well in Addai's absence. I'm mildly concerned that they may start splitting carries once Addai is healthy.

Second: Calvin Johnson's matchups from here on out: Chicago, Jacksonville, Carolina, Tampa and Tennessee.

Third: Witten has a broken rib. He MAY play this week, but the Cowboys bye week is the following week. (Week 10) There's a pretty good chance I'd be starting Daniels for the next 2 weeks at least anyway.

Fourth: LT's matchups are spectacular from here on out. KC x2, Atlanta, Oakland and Pittsburgh. Only downside is this is his bye week. But the potential is there for some huge weeks in 4/5 remaining.

Fifth: Lee Evans is on fire, and his matchups are great as well. Jets, NE, Cleveland, KC and SF.

I figure I stand to have more scoring potential starting LT, Forte, Evans, Wayne and Daniels over the last 5 weeks, than I do with my current lineup.

Thoughts?

Marco Polo
10-29-2008, 04:48 PM
You made a good move.

Dicky McElephant
10-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Very good move. Shit...LT versus KC twice pays for itself.

OnTheWarpath58
10-29-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm concerned about this week, as it's LT's bye.

IMO, I've set my team up as best I can to have the best possible matchups for the stretch run and playoffs. We'll see if it actually pays off...

Delano
10-30-2008, 04:26 PM
What do you think about Forte down the stretch?

If LT's toe is good to go, he's going to make up for his slow start in the last half of the season.