PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Franken takes a Nose Dive!

Taco John
10-30-2008, 04:00 AM
InTrade has Franken trading down to 51%, taking a 12.5 percent plunge in one day!

Apparently the cartoon smear is causing the earth to quake in Minnesota...

Taco John
10-30-2008, 04:03 AM
In other news, McCain is up 3.5 percent in a day. His largest gain in about a month. He's now sitting at 15.5%. It could be the start of something.

irishjayhawk
10-30-2008, 07:04 AM
Any news on that McCarthian bitch from Minnesota?

Taco John
10-30-2008, 11:08 AM

Intrade has a market set for it, but it's a race that nobody is following. By the looks of it, she's fighting for her House life, but holding her own. It's probably 50-50 right now.

Dallas Chief
10-30-2008, 11:44 AM

Wasn't it you who just said this in another thread?

That's too bad. All you really need to do is ban some people.

As Hamas and Mecca have pointed out many times before, the loose moderation in the DC might be a little too lose. In fact, there's stuff said that is way over the line.

Maybe you are part of the problem. Grow up.

Oh and by the way., "You've got nothing."

whoman69
10-30-2008, 11:53 AM
So Franken is in trouble because gamblers don't think he can win? The polls say its still pretty much a toss-up, though there hasn't been one since the 22nd. Franken is ahead in 5 of the 7 polls ran in the last two weeks.

InChiefsHell
10-30-2008, 11:54 AM
So Franken might not be good enough...thmart enough...cuz doggone it, people hate him!

Taco John
10-30-2008, 12:15 PM
So Franken is in trouble because gamblers don't think he can win? The polls say its still pretty much a toss-up, though there hasn't been one since the 22nd. Franken is ahead in 5 of the 7 polls ran in the last two weeks.

Markets are predictive in nature. Everything is a gamble. The gamblers aren't affecting the race. The race is affecting the gamblers.

He dropped 12 percent in one day. Make no mistake - they're reacting to what is happening in the field.

jidar
10-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Markets are predictive in nature. Everything is a gamble. The gamblers aren't affecting the race. The race is affecting the gamblers.

He dropped 12 percent in one day. Make no mistake - they're reacting to what is happening in the field.

He's not going to drop like that for no reason.

Probably has to do with the poll taken on the 27-28 that shows him behind by 6 points.

irishjayhawk
10-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Wasn't it you who just said this in another thread?

Not that I'm aware of.

Maybe you are part of the problem. Grow up.

Oh and by the way., "You've got nothing."

:spock:

KILLER_CLOWN
10-30-2008, 12:50 PM
With any luck Franken and Coleman are toast.

SNR
10-30-2008, 12:52 PM
There's also that 3rd party candidate that's polling at about 15% in the senate race.

Minnesota voters are weird. I'd love to see Coleman out of office either way.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-30-2008, 01:02 PM
There's also that 3rd party candidate that's polling at about 15% in the senate race.

Minnesota voters are weird. I'd love to see Coleman out of office either way.

Yes Dean Barkley whom is backed by Jesse Ventura, whom is just about where Ventura was when he shocked the state.

jidar
10-30-2008, 02:03 PM
I'd vote Jesse.
Jesse 2012

KILLER_CLOWN
10-30-2008, 02:40 PM
I'd vote Jesse.
Jesse 2012

I have heard him say he may run in 2012, and I would vote for him.

whoman69
10-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Rasmussen has it as a 4 point lead. Within the margin of error.

Thig Lyfe
10-30-2008, 03:14 PM

For president?

Taco John
10-30-2008, 04:54 PM
McCain just climbed another 2% today, up to 17%.

That's a five percent jump in two days.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-30-2008, 05:35 PM
McCain just climbed another 2% today, up to 17%.

That's a five percent jump in two days.

Intrade is a joke.

You can't make any money off of it unless you get huge margins because of their commissions. Thus, when McCain is at his lowest point, people will buy in for an absurdly low amount, hoping that they can strike it rich and make some duckets off of voter fraud, "irregularity", election theft, etc.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-30-2008, 05:40 PM
http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docID=news-000002976265

An internal investigation by the popular online market Intrade has revealed that an investor has been attempting to artificially boost the prediction that Sen. John McCain will become president.

Over the past several weeks, the investor has pushed hundreds of thousands of dollars into one of Intrade’s predictive markets for the presidential election, the company said, resulting in great financial losses through a strategy that belies any financial motive. Intrade is somewhat thinly traded in dollar terms, making this sort of manipulation possible. Even so, apparently it was expensive — tens, maybe hundreds, of thousands of dollars in opportunity costs (relative to buying similar contracts on other exchanges, or even on Intrade), not to mention losses. But many news organizations look to the headline candidate matchup as a meaningful statistic, making this particular contract the one you would wish to manipulate if you were trying to send false signals to observers.

Taco John
10-30-2008, 05:55 PM
And still, I think that it's entirely plausible that McCain has a 17% chance to come away with this thing.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-30-2008, 05:56 PM
For president?

Yes.

bango
10-30-2008, 08:05 PM

I would give it very serious consideration. I just doubt that he would have any real chance. The national media would eat him alive.

Flustrated
10-30-2008, 08:11 PM
I'd vote Jesse.
Jesse 2012

:clap: :thumb:

Flustrated
10-30-2008, 08:16 PM
I would give it very serious consideration. I just doubt that he would have any real chance. The national media would eat him alive.

The national media like who? Fox news, CNN, and MSNBC? He's done very well on Olbermann, Hannity, and Blitzer. He would be running this year, but the system makes it incredibly hard for a 3rd party candidate to get matching funds. People respect what he did in Minnesota so I doubt they really care about what the "media" think.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-30-2008, 08:18 PM

I'm sure they would try, probably attacking the fact he is a 9/11 truther.

Flustrated
10-30-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm sure they would try, probably attacking the fact he is a 9/11 truther.

He's really not a "truther" in the radical sense, but he does question a lot of the misinformation that has been put out from the government and the 9/11 commission. He even said it was obsurd to believe that some people in our government conspired to kill all those people.

irishjayhawk
10-30-2008, 09:15 PM

BEP, why do you dislike this statement? "Bitch"?

KILLER_CLOWN
10-30-2008, 09:33 PM
How can you not love this guy?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IClxZOxxqwU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IClxZOxxqwU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BigRock
10-30-2008, 09:55 PM

At WrestleMania in 2004, he all but announced his candidacy for 2008.

He'll keep making noise about running for something so that he can do the news shows and get publicity every few years, but he'll never do anything. He just likes the attention.

And he's doing like a Judge Judy reality show now, he's not going to get elected to anything.

Also, he's kinda lost his mind.

Flustrated
10-30-2008, 10:06 PM

He'll keep making noise about running for something so that he can do the news shows and get publicity every few years, but he'll never do anything. He just likes the attention.

And he's doing like a Judge Judy reality show now, he's not going to get elected to anything.

If having a mind were a requirement for president, we sure as hell wouldn't have W in there now...

KILLER_CLOWN
10-30-2008, 10:25 PM

I hear him every week, he was going to run in Minnesota but his pal Barkley decided to run instead. He is a very busy man, and i doubt he will run in 2012 but if he gets enough pressure you never know. Kind of lost his mind? Actually he seems smarter and more informed than ever.

InChiefsHell
10-31-2008, 04:54 PM
He'd never have a chance...too many people are religious and he thinks we are all idiots...Just sayin...

Ultra Peanut
10-31-2008, 05:02 PM
I hope The Tinklenburg can pull it off against Mrs. McCarthy.

Martin/Chambliss is going to go down to the wire and then some:

Research 2000 for Daily Kos. Georgia. 10/28-30. Likely voters. MoE 4% (10/14-15 results)

Chambliss (R) 47 (47)
Martin (D) 46 (45)
Buckley (L) 5 (5)

Already voted (12 percent of sample)

Chambliss (R) 39
Martin (D) 56
Buckley (L) 5

penchief
10-31-2008, 05:19 PM
I hope The Tinklenburg can pull it off against Mrs. McCarthy.

Martin/Chambliss is going to go down to the wire and then some:

Research 2000 for Daily Kos. Georgia. 10/28-30. Likely voters. MoE 4% (10/14-15 results)

Chambliss (R) 47 (47)
Martin (D) 46 (45)
Buckley (L) 5 (5)

Already voted (12 percent of sample)

Chambliss (R) 39
Martin (D) 56
Buckley (L) 5

I'd love to see Chambliss go down after the campaign he ran in 2002. He was nothing but a Bush transplant, anyway.

Calcountry
10-31-2008, 06:02 PM

He dropped 12 percent in one day. Make no mistake - they're reacting to what is happening in the field.Exept when it involves mortgage backed securities, yes?

Baby Lee
11-05-2008, 04:08 PM
475 votes difference out of 2.86 mill. Phew!!

BucEyedPea
11-05-2008, 04:38 PM

I could too.

Thig Lyfe
11-05-2008, 04:46 PM

Crazy. They're recounting the shit out of that.

BucEyedPea
11-05-2008, 04:49 PM
How can you not love this guy?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IClxZOxxqwU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IClxZOxxqwU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ROFL Sean Shammity defending the UN!!!! ROFL
I really enjoyed that video...especially when Ventura goes at him for calling a former Navy Seal a chicken.

Baby Lee
11-05-2008, 04:50 PM

A 9/11 truther?

Duck Dog
11-05-2008, 04:59 PM

It's quit sad, humiliating, embarrassing and shameful to live in a state that nearly elected Mr. Air America.

RJ
11-05-2008, 05:02 PM
It's quit sad, humiliating, embarrassing and shameful to live in a state that nearly elected Mr. Air America.

It's not over yet, is it? Aren't they going to do a recount?

StcChief
11-05-2008, 05:06 PM
or as bad living with idiots in MO electing a Dead guy Mel Carnahan :shake:

KCTitus
11-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Who was in charge of fixing the Diebold machines up in Minnesota? Somebody fire that person...it was supposed to be a win of at least a few thousand not a few hundred!

banyon
11-05-2008, 10:14 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/05/franken-dems-have-recount_n_141569.html

The Minnesota Senate race remains undecided, separated by a margin of less than 500 votes. But despite the narrowness of the contest -- and the fact that recounts are required by state law for races where the margin is less that one half of one percent -- Norm Coleman has declared victory. Moreover, he has cast doubt on the expedience of a recount.

"I recognize that because of my margin of victory, Mr. Franken has the right to pursue an official review of the election results," the Republican Senator said during his speech Tuesday evening. "It is up to him whether such a step is worth the tax dollars it will take to conduct."

If I were trailing, "I would step back," he added. "I just think the need for a healing process is so important [and] the possibility that any change magnitude is so remote."

Democrats, naturally, are fuming. Arguing that any re-examination of the exact vote would chip into Coleman's current 462-vote lead, they also point to history as an ally.

Just two years ago, the initial tally in the St. Louis County Attorney's race was reversed after a recount. Allen Mitchell, the incumbent, held a 53-vote lead after approximately 80,000 cast - a percentage of victory margin larger than what Coleman holds over Franken. An automatic recount, however, ended up flipping the results, giving the contest to Mitchell's challenger, Melanie Ford by 88 votes.

Franken is hoping for a similar fate. The Democratic challenger has instructed the state that he wants a recount, citing voting problems in favorable counties.

"We won't know for a little while who won the race, but at the end of the day we will know the voice of the electorate is clearly heard," Franken said. "This has been a long campaign, but it is going to be a little longer before we have a winner."

The end result is that Minnesota and Congress likely won't know the result of the election for several weeks. Secretary of State Mark Ritchie, a Democrat, put the date of finalizing a number as sometime in December.

Velvet_Jones
11-05-2008, 10:34 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/05/franken-dems-have-recount_n_141569.html

"I recognize that because of my margin of victory, Mr. Franken has the right to pursue an official review of the election results," the Republican Senator said during his speech Tuesday evening. "It is up to him whether such a step is worth the tax dollars it will take to conduct."

I'm going to jIZ on ya. Your source is the huffington post which is a left wing clvsterfuck of a web site. Your argument is disregard because of the source. Better luck next time.

Good luck though.

banyon
11-05-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm going to jIZ on ya. Your source is the huffington post which is a left wing clvster**** of a web site. Your argument is disregard because of the source. Better luck next time.

Good luck though.

There are links to objective websites throughout the article. But if this helps, knock yourself out:

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S647585.shtml?cat=1

Reaper16
11-05-2008, 10:37 PM
or as bad living with idiots in MO electing a Dead guy Mel Carnahan :shake:
Mel Carnahan was cool as Hell, especially compared to *shudder* John Ashcroft.

InChiefsHell
11-06-2008, 06:51 AM
HOw come it takes them less than 24 hours to count it all the first time, then they say it will take till mid-December to count it the second time...:spock:

KCJohnny
11-06-2008, 07:06 AM
This has probably been posted already, But Minnesota also elected Jesse the Body Ventura. I guess they like entertainers-as-government.

petegz28
11-06-2008, 07:32 AM
Everytime a Dem loses someone cheated.

InChiefsHell
11-06-2008, 07:33 AM

Indeed. :clap:

KCJohnny
11-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Well you have to admit, the courts favor dems. The libs have a long and well chronicled history of using the courts when the ballot fails. Just ask any Californian.

petegz28
11-06-2008, 07:45 AM
Well you have to admit, the courts favor dems. The libs have a long and well chronicled history of using the courts when the ballot fails. Just ask any Californian.

Trial Lawyers Assoication is a huge donor to the Dem party.

Ultra Peanut
11-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Everytime a Dem loses someone cheated.Recounts are par for the course when the margin is one hundredth of a fucking point. Cheating has nothing to do with it.

No election goes off perfectly, and some ballots are always misplaced or overlooked. Coleman's attempt to force through without a recount is hilarious and arrogant.

***SPRAYER
11-06-2008, 09:55 AM

You noticed that?

Ultra Peanut
11-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Well you have to admit, the courts favor dems. Yes, I remember President Gore's administration well.

petegz28
11-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Recounts are par for the course when the margin is one hundredth of a ****ing point. Cheating has nothing to do with it.

No election goes off perfectly, and some ballots are always misplaced or overlooked. Coleman's attempt to force through without a recount is hilarious and arrogant.

Everytime a Dem loses someone cheated

penchief
11-06-2008, 10:00 AM

Yeah, like in Florida 2000.

petegz28
11-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Yes, I remember President Gore's administration well.

You mean the one who made it all the way to the SCOTUS on an argument that Flordian's couldn't spell Gore?

amazing almost every court below them allowed it to go that far

Ultra Peanut
11-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Everytime a Dem loses someone cheatedYour Limbaugh CD is skipping.

Baby Lee
11-06-2008, 10:36 AM

Fill Arrowhead to capacity, now let one person leave. Before and after is the difference in the vote here. Don't think that needs even a little effort to make sure the count is accurate.

banyon
11-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Everytime a Dem loses someone cheated

Who said anyone cheated? The recount is provided for by state law.

whoman69
11-06-2008, 01:25 PM

Just ask any Ohioan about Republicans taking away votes by lawsuit.

Every election there are over 3 million votes that do not get counted for one reason or another. That is a huge number of people to be disenfranchised.

InChiefsHell
11-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Just ask any Ohioan about Republicans taking away votes by lawsuit.

Every election there are over 3 million votes that do not get counted for one reason or another. That is a huge number of people to be disenfranchised.

What?? I need a link to that...if 3 million people were being disenfranchised in Ohio every election, and there is only 11,478,006 living in the state (as of the 2006 census) then either I'm reading your post wrong or you are absolutely positively wrong as wrong can be about those numbers...

...just sayin...