PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Profile of a liberal on DC

Pages : [1] 2

***SPRAYER
10-30-2008, 06:58 AM
I'm not saying this is across the board, but the average liberal/O-Bot/Leftist on this board fits this profile:

Age 18-31
Marital status Single
Secular/Atheist
College educated- went on mom and pops dime
No kids
No military service

petegz28
10-30-2008, 07:05 AM
you left out Insecure with an inferiority complex

NewChief
10-30-2008, 07:10 AM
Married
Christian
Scholarship to college. TA for grad. school.
2 kids
No military service. I'm an Eagle Scout, though.

HonestChieffan
10-30-2008, 07:10 AM
and you left out highly opinionated with no facts or experience to support their opinions.

amazing they cant support themselves and they cant support their opinions. So mom and dad provide the finaces and Obama and the left kooks supply their ideas.

Ultra Peanut
10-30-2008, 07:13 AM
Profile of a conservative on DC:

Retarded and desperate

http://i34.tinypic.com/aypv5t.jpg

petegz28
10-30-2008, 07:18 AM
Married
Christian
Scholarship to college. TA for grad. school.
2 kids
No military service. I'm an Eagle Scout, though.

I have to ask since you are "Christian" and supporting obama.....

pro-life or pro-choice? FTR I am not going to rip on you one way or the other.

petegz28
10-30-2008, 07:19 AM
and you left out highly opinionated with no facts or experience to support their opinions.

amazing they cant support themselves and they cant support their opinions. So mom and dad provide the finaces and Obama and the left kooks supply their ideas.

ROFL

Ok that is just funny, I don't care you are.

Ultra Peanut
10-30-2008, 07:19 AM
ROFL

Ok that is just funny, I don't care you are.Oh boy! Larry the Cable Guy, that's rich.

Saggysack
10-30-2008, 07:20 AM
Married
Athiest
Some
2 kids
U.S. Army Infantry

HonestChieffan
Pete. for a guy with an odd sence of weather issues, I like the cut of your politics.

petegz28
Oh boy! Larry the Cable Guy, that's rich.

Pull it out Alice.....it was funny. If you can't laught at yourself...

NewChief
ROFL

Ok that is just funny, I don't care you are.

Yes, it is funny to see HonestChiefFan accuse other people of not having information or facts. That's funny as hell.

petegz28
10-30-2008, 07:22 AM
Pete. for a guy with an odd sence of weather issues, I like the cut of your politics.

What can I say man, it's Olathe. :D We're all things good. Well, most of us.

Ultra Peanut
10-30-2008, 07:24 AM
Pull it out Alice.....it was funny. If you can't laught at yourself...Who, Larry the Cable Guy or Honestchieffan?

Because they're both terrible and you should feel terrible for finding anything they say amusing.

petegz28
10-30-2008, 07:26 AM
Who, Larry the Cable Guy or Honestchieffan?

Because they're both terrible and you should feel terrible for finding anything they say amusing.

Honestchief........why should I feel terrible? He defined most Liberals in this country, my brother among them.

Lighten up, Francis....sheesh

KCJohnny
10-30-2008, 07:27 AM

Retarded and desperate

I love it when libs post this stuff.

No comment required! ROFL

HonestChieffan
10-30-2008, 07:28 AM
Mr Peanut takes himself far to seriously. Its not unusual with liberals. Studies prove that people who consider themselves liberal are measurably more unhappy and dissatisfied than those who consider themselves conservative.

Its consistant with the need to try to make conservatives miserable so we will be more like them. Conservatives would rather see liberals be happier and have some self esteem from personal growth and accomplishment.

Messier
10-30-2008, 07:30 AM

Yep, it kind of speaks for itself.

HolyHandgernade
10-30-2008, 07:30 AM
Age 39
Marital status Married
Integral Panendeist
College educated- went three years til I ran out of money
2 kids
No military service, but I do work for the Feds now

KCJohnny
10-30-2008, 07:31 AM
Mr Peanut takes himself far to seriously. Its not unusual with liberals. Studies prove that people who consider themselves liberal are measurably more unhappy and dissatisfied than those who consider themselves conservative.

Its consistant with the need to try to make conservatives miserable so we will be more like them. Conservatives would rather see liberals be happier and have some self esteem from personal growth and accomplishment.

:LOL:
Its funny because its true! ROFL

jidar
10-30-2008, 07:32 AM
Oh sweet.
It's the special ed thread riding the shortbus right into stupidville.

Messier
10-30-2008, 07:37 AM

Liberals are more creative, and funny that conservatives.

As for conservatives being happier than liberals,ignorance is bliss.

KCJohnny
10-30-2008, 07:45 AM
Oh sweet.

And your comments qualify you as a passenger.

Saulbadguy
10-30-2008, 07:48 AM
Married
Jewish
Going to college on the governments dime
no kids
no military

I guess that is close enough.

BigChiefFan
10-30-2008, 07:52 AM
And your comments qualify you as a passenger.
More Christian love leading by example.

petegz28
10-30-2008, 07:54 AM
More Christian love leading by example.

goes real good with all that supposed "tolerance and diversity" we keep hearing the Left is supposed to be all about heh?

Like ketchup on pancakes I must say! ROFL

tiptap
10-30-2008, 07:55 AM
Did SHTSPRAYER include his profile? I mean if you start with an age group of 18 to 31 how much of the population do you capture right off the bat? Not really very informative.

seclark
10-30-2008, 08:01 AM
47 years old
married
Christian
college
3 kids
raised in a military family, but never served myself

sec

BigChiefFan
10-30-2008, 08:03 AM
goes real good with all that supposed "tolerance and diversity" we keep hearing the Left is supposed to be all about heh?

Like ketchup on pancakes I must say! ROFLI tolerate alot of things, but I can't tolerate idiocy and Johnny has plenty of it. Hence getting called out for it. I also don't profess to be holier-than-thou, like, one, Mr. Johnboy does, but thanks for your concern.

RJ
10-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Let's just say that I do not, for the most part, fit the profile.

RJ
10-30-2008, 08:08 AM

If you guys are so happy then why are you so afraid of everything? That's always puzzled me.

***SPRAYER
10-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Oh sweet.

The profile nailed you, didn't it?

NewChief
10-30-2008, 08:10 AM
More of the same old tricks from the silly right:

Peddling a false narrative in hopes of discrediting the opposition and easing their own consciences.
:p

Sully
10-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Married
Christian
Bachelor's degree (my dime), close to Master's degree (my dime).
1 child
No military service

petegz28
10-30-2008, 08:13 AM
If you guys are so happy then why are you so afraid of everything? That's always puzzled me.

The only thing I am afraid of is the mass population that wouldn't let Bush take 1 step without being overly scrutinized now all the sudden being so care-free and "not so concerned" with this man who promises utopia for all.

Sorry if I have a general reserve for politicians with ties to the city of Chicago.

penchief
10-30-2008, 08:15 AM
I'm not saying this is across the board, but the average liberal/O-Bot/Leftist on this board fits this profile:

Age 18-31
Marital status Single
Secular/Atheist
No kids
No military service

Wrong on all counts.

Age 47
Divorced
Deist
College educated - paid my own way with student loans, GI Bill, and working full-time.
One kid
Military service

Here's my profile of the typical rightie on this board:

Low information voter that has a need to satisfy his/her prejudices by marginalizing, labeling, and personally attacking those with whom they disagree.

Incapable of recognizing distinctions or gray area, and therefore, resorts to broad characterizations and operates under a black and white, either-or, Us vs. Them mentality.

Unable to cope with the idea of not being in control or not being able to impose one's political will. Which manifests itself in fascist-like attitudes and behavior.

Easily indoctrinated, self-righteous, domineering, aggressive, and motivated by prejudice, fear, and ideology. Willing to behave unethically to accomplish ideological ends.

Did I miss anything?

HonestChieffan
10-30-2008, 08:16 AM

im afraid that i wont continue to be so happy. other than that, i fear little.

penchief
10-30-2008, 08:17 AM

My profile of a conservative fits you to a tee. Except I forgot to put in HYPOCRITE!

Thanks for reminding me that righties like you are major hypocrites willing to live by a double standard that exposes your dishonesty and cowardice.

oldandslow
10-30-2008, 08:20 AM
Married - 3 natural kids, 2 adopted ones
College education - lots of it. Paid by GI Bill and myself.
Go to Church nearly every Sunday
Served in Vietnam

You missed on nearly everything.

RJ
10-30-2008, 08:23 AM
Served in Vietnam

Freak :D

penchief
10-30-2008, 08:23 AM
I'll also bet that besides HypocriteJohnny, that most of the more outspoken righties on this board are natural born chickenhawks.

irishjayhawk
10-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Superb thread.

RJ
10-30-2008, 08:27 AM
im afraid that i wont continue to be so happy. other than that, i fear little.

I've always felt that the primary political motivation of a conservative is fear. I don't mean just today, I mean for the past 30 years or more.

RJ
10-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Superb thread.

Yes, it sort of reduces everything down to the lowest common denominator of name calling. I'd say it eliminates the need for any other threads.

irishjayhawk
10-30-2008, 08:30 AM

Age 18-31
Marital status Single
Secular/Atheist
No kids
No military service

Can you post your Sherlock Holmes detection skills on the profile of a DC conservative/Republican?

KC Jones
10-30-2008, 08:31 AM
Married
Agnostic
College paid for primarily with scholarships, loans, and part time jobs (my father helped with the first year)
2 children
No military service

Guru
10-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Wrong on all counts.

Age 47
Divorced
Deist
College educated - paid my own way with student loans, GI Bill, and working full-time.
One kid
Military service

Here's my profile of the typical rightie on this board:

Low information voter that has a need to satisfy his/her prejudices by marginalizing, labeling, and personally attacking those with whom they disagree.

Incapable of recognizing distinctions or gray area, and therefore, resorts to broad characterizations and operates under a black and white, either-or, Us vs. Them mentality.

Unable to cope with the idea of not being in control or not being able to impose one's political will. Which manifests itself in fascist-like attitudes and behavior.

Easily indoctrinated, self-righteous, domineering, aggressive, and motivated by prejudice, fear, and ideology. Willing to behave unethically to accomplish ideological ends.

Did I miss anything?

Hell, I would apply that to both the far right and the far left.

***SPRAYER
10-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Alot of defensive answers from the lib's. I guess I hit a nerve.

DaFace
10-30-2008, 08:48 AM
Yeah, I'm officially done with DC after Tuesday.

penchief
10-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Alot of defensive answers from the lib's. I guess I hit a nerve.

You would have had to have been accurate to hit a nerve. From the looks of it you weren't even close.

You were, however, resorting to the simplifications and labeling that righties tend to fall back on when things won't compute.

Guru
10-30-2008, 08:51 AM
You would have had to have been accurate to hit a nerve. From the looks of it you weren't even close.

You were, however, resorting to the simplifications and labeling that righties tend to fall back on when things won't compute.No offense bud, but you just did the same thing to the right a few posts back.

***SPRAYER
Served in Vietnam

As a baby boomer, do you feel your generation wanted for nothing?

Guru
Yeah, I'm officially done with DC after Tuesday.I'll probably hang around for a few more weeks afterwards just to watch the meltdowns. heh

Frankie
10-30-2008, 08:52 AM

Retarded and desperate

http://i34.tinypic.com/aypv5t.jpg

ROFLROFL:clap:

I'm sure, not "across the board."

***SPRAYER
10-30-2008, 08:52 AM

You were, however, resorting to the simplifications and labeling that righties tend to fall back on when things won't compute.

You must have missed the part I'm not saying this is across the board, but ...

Only the exceptions to the rule of course, commented. :rolleyes:

I still stand behind my assertion that the average libtard on DC fits the profile.

RJ
10-30-2008, 08:53 AM
I'll probably hang around for a few more weeks afterwards just to watch the meltdowns. heh

I know I shouldn't, but I'll probably peek.

BigChiefFan
10-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Looks like your profile, isn't very accurate-oh well, back to the drawing board to find more issues that divide.

irishjayhawk
10-30-2008, 08:54 AM

That's too bad. All you really need to do is ban some people.

As Hamas and Mecca have pointed out many times before, the loose moderation in the DC might be a little too lose. In fact, there's stuff said that is way over the line.

jidar
10-30-2008, 08:56 AM
The profile nailed you, didn't it?

Nope. Missed on everything except atheist. I'll give you that one.

Saulbadguy
10-30-2008, 08:56 AM

Stick around for the meltdown, then leave.

jidar
10-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Hrm...

You know, maybe we should stop talking about nobody fitting this profile and see if we can find one person who does?

jidar
10-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Stick around for the meltdown, then leave.

I don't think there will be much of a meltdown.
Since everyone pretty much knows how this thing is going at this point, it shouldn't be much of a surprise right?

RJ
10-30-2008, 08:58 AM
You must have missed the part I'm not saying this is across the board, but ...

Only the exceptions to the rule of course, commented. :rolleyes:

I still stand behind my assertion that the average libtard on DC fits the profile.

It's not hard to do. Allow me a few small changes for the cons.

Age 31-50
Marital status Married
Occasional church goer
Kids
No military service

I didn't hit 'em all but I'm sure I hit some.

irishjayhawk
10-30-2008, 08:59 AM
Hrm...

You know, maybe we should stop talking about nobody fitting this profile and see if we can find one person who does?

I think I'm the only one who does.

Guru
10-30-2008, 08:59 AM
That's too bad. All you really need to do is ban some people.

As Hamas and Mecca have pointed out many times before, the loose moderation in the DC might be a little too lose. In fact, there's stuff said that is way over the line. Hell, if they moderated this place, it would be empty in no time flat.

Guru
10-30-2008, 09:00 AM
I don't think there will be much of a meltdown.
Since everyone pretty much knows how this thing is going at this point, it shouldn't be much of a surprise right? meh, there will be a meltdown no matter what happens. JMHO

tiptap
10-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Actually the discussion of the people who will be selected for Cabinet posts and the wrangling of Chairmanships of different committees in Congress will be interesting and continue to give partisan argument until March or April. Then we will get to have arguments about the effectiveness of the legislation produced and signed by the President. First Energy, second Health Care and finally education. And we will compare the secretive meetings of the Bush Administration's Energy policy methods with the Democrats wrangling and seemingly unweildy methods.

irishjayhawk
10-30-2008, 09:01 AM
Hell, if they moderated this place, it would be empty in no time flat.

Moderated as much as the lounge, you'd be correct.

Loosely moderated, however, I think it'd just clear out the garbage. The sad thing is that SHTSPRAYER 99% of the time fits the garbage label yet he lets his guard down occasionally and gets rational and the conversations had with that 1% are usually pretty good. Even better than, say, Roy.

***SPRAYER
10-30-2008, 09:01 AM
It's not hard to do. Allow me a few small changes for the cons.

Age 31-50
Marital status Married
Occasional church goer
Kids
No military service

I didn't hit 'em all but I'm sure I hit some.

Thank you for your honesty.

I wasn't trying to antagonistic with this profile, but I knew some of the mouthfoamers would get defensive.

RJ
10-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Hell, if they moderated this place, it would be empty in no time flat.

I have a mental image of Elliott Ness and his boys raiding a speakeasy.

Sully
10-30-2008, 09:07 AM
No moderation needed.
We are all allowed to put anyone on ignore. Or we can choose to laugh at the silliness.
Either way, moderation would be too much work, and kill the place, IMO.
The only things that need to be moderated, if they take place, is posting of offensive images, or personal threats. Otherwise, nothing anyone does here can actually hurt anyone.

***SPRAYER
10-30-2008, 09:09 AM
I think I'm the only one who does.

I'm sure there are many more who for some reason don't want to cop to it.

irishjayhawk
10-30-2008, 09:10 AM
No moderation needed.
We are all allowed to put anyone on ignore. Or we can choose to laugh at the silliness.
The only things that need to be moderated, if they take place, is posting of offensive images, or personal threats. Otherwise, nothing anyone does here can actually hurt anyone.

Very true.

***SPRAYER
10-30-2008, 09:11 AM
ROFLROFL:clap:

I'm sure, not "across the board."

Fluh fluh flunkie!

Saulbadguy
10-30-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm sure there are many more who for some reason don't want to cop to it.

ROFL

OnTheWarpath58
10-30-2008, 09:12 AM
No moderation needed.

Blatant racism shouldn't be tolerated anywhere. I don't consider it "silliness".

It's not tolerated in the lounge, but it's almost celebrated in here.

Why?

penchief
10-30-2008, 09:13 AM
No offense bud, but you just did the same thing to the right a few posts back.

No offense taken. I'll admit to responding to Shitsprayer's misguided attempt to pigeon-hole liberals with my own amateur psychological profile of the typical rightie.

However, in my defense, I believe that the empirical evidence presented on this board tends to validate my evaluation of rightie conduct, which includes Shitsprayer's behavior. On the other hand, you would be hard pressed to figure out how Shitsprayer came to his conclusions.

He seems to be projecting his prejudices into the creation of an image that he holds as the "typical liberal." While I'm actually commenting on observable behavior.

vailpass
10-30-2008, 09:15 AM
No offense taken. I'll admit to responding to Shitsprayer's misguided attempt to pigeon-hole liberals with my own amateur psychological profile of the typical rightie.

However, in my defense, I believe that the empirical evidence presented on this board tends to validate my evaluation of rightie conduct, which includes Shitsprayer's behavior. On the other hand, you would be hard pressed to figure out how Shitsprayer came to his conclusions.

He seems to be projecting his prejudices into the creation of an image that he holds as the "typical liberal." While I'm actually commenting on observable behavior.

It's ok if I do it because I'm right. The other side is not allowed to do what I'm doing because I think they are wrong.
Got ya.

KCJohnny
10-30-2008, 09:17 AM
I'll also bet that besides HypocriteJohnny, that most of the more outspoken righties on this board are natural born chickenhawks.

You are like a mosquito, pesky but harmless. True conservatives in and out of uniform are patriots.

Saulbadguy
10-30-2008, 09:18 AM
You are like a mosquito, pesky but harmless. True conservatives in and out of uniform are patriots.

And liberals aren't patriots?

irishjayhawk
10-30-2008, 09:19 AM

Real America!

Sully
10-30-2008, 09:19 AM
Blatant racism shouldn't be tolerated anywhere. I don't consider it "silliness".

Why?

That's a tough line to draw, though.
I don't see a ton of blatant racism. I see racism, but I know from being a mod on another board, typically when people post racist stuff, they make sure to leave just enough room to wiggle out of it and pretend it is being taken wrong (even though anyone with half a brain knows what they meant). I don't mind a board drawing that line, I'm just saying it's very hard to enforce.

HonestChieffan
10-30-2008, 09:20 AM

Why?

I dont recall any truely blatant racism. Sure some badly covered up stupid comments on occasion but out and out racism...i must have missed it.

Sully

As are true liberals!!!

jidar

A real American stands up for the country and it's ideals, not for their political party at all costs.

jidar
I dont recall any truely blatant racism. Sure some badly covered up stupid comments on occasion but out and out racism...i must have missed it.

You missing anything is a surprise to noone.

vailpass
10-30-2008, 09:22 AM

Why?

If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen and take your censorship ideas with you.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Married
Agnostic
Scholarships paid for BA; Assistantship paid for MA
2 Dogs
General Feldsmarschall

BigChiefFan
10-30-2008, 09:23 AM
A real American stands up for the country and it's ideals, not for their political party at all costs.
Amen.:clap:

irishjayhawk
10-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Married
Agnostic
Scholarships paid for BA; Assistantship paid for MA
2 Dogs
General Feldsmarschall

Fake American if I ever saw one.

***SPRAYER
10-30-2008, 09:25 AM

Seriously, pull the stick out of your ass.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-30-2008, 09:27 AM
If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen and take your censorship ideas with you.

I love the fact that you are an unrepentant racist and homophobe. :rolleyes:

vailpass
10-30-2008, 09:27 AM
I would never ask anyone to answer but I am curious as to what the income/net worth break down is for the Obama supporters on this board.
Where do advocates of wealth redistribution fall on that scale?

Again, I am in no way asking anyone such a personal question. I'm just voicing a question that occurs to me regularly as I hear people advocate Obama's platform.

vailpass
10-30-2008, 09:28 AM
I love the fact that you are an unrepentant racist and homophobe. :rolleyes:

Are you on foodstamps?

penchief
10-30-2008, 09:29 AM
It's ok if I do it because I'm right. The other side is not allowed to do what I'm doing because I think they are wrong.
Got ya.

Naw. It's just that every once in a while I feel compelled to return the favor. Sometimes it can be more effective to speak to people in their own language because the language of reason and the concept of mutual respect are incomprehensible to them.

OnTheWarpath58
10-30-2008, 09:30 AM

ROFL

I'm asking a question, fuckstick.

Why is it not tolerated in the lounge, but perfectly acceptable here?

penchief
10-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Seriously, pull the stick out of your ass.

Huh?

HonestChieffan
10-30-2008, 09:32 AM
ROFL

I'm asking a question, ****stick.

Can you show what you saw that was objectionable or is this just a rhetorical issue?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Are you on foodstamps?

Not even close.

I'd say that my wife and I bank right around 80(gross) per annum.

OnTheWarpath58
10-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Can you show what you saw that was objectionable or is this just a rhetorical issue?

I don't have the time to go back through 100's of threads looking for posts. And even if I did, nothing would be done about it, so what's the point?

I'm simply asking why racism is not tolerated and looked down upon in the Lounge, but perfectly acceptable, and in some cases celebrated here in DC.

***SPRAYER
10-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Huh?

It's been there so long, you don't even feel it no more.

penchief

Except for the ones who rip this country off in the name of greed, right?

By the way, liberals (in uniform and out) are just as patriotic as conservatives. Just because you don't agree with their vision doesn't make them less patriotic.

And I never said that chickenhawks weren't patriotic. It's just that they aren't willing to put their money where there mouth is.

HonestChieffan
I don't have the time to go back through 100's of threads looking for posts. And even if I did, nothing would be done about it, so what's the point?

I'm simply asking why racism is not tolerated and looked down upon in the Lounge, but perfectly acceptable, and in some cases celebrated here in DC.

well then its rhetorical since you cant even use an example.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-30-2008, 09:40 AM
And I never said that chickenhawks weren't patriotic. It's just that they aren't willing to put their money where there mouth is.

Jingoism and patriotism are not synonymous.

Frankie
10-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Studies prove that people who consider themselves liberal are measurably more unhappy and dissatisfied than those who consider themselves conservative.

:hmmm: Could it be because that particular demographic contains more educated, open minded, aware folks? More aware of the need to fix what's beneath our humanity? Could it be because they are more pasionate about evolving and correcting the unevolved part of the human race? It's perhaps the rverse of "Ignorance is Bliss.".....

Just sayin'!

Guru
10-30-2008, 09:43 AM

Why?

What? I don't see anyone celebrating much less tolerating racism.

I know it sadly does still exist but it is nowhere near what it used to be. The fact that Obama is ahead is a statement to that.

OnTheWarpath58
10-30-2008, 09:43 AM
well then its rhetorical since you cant even use an example.

That's fine. I'm just looking for some discussion on the issue.

You've either seen it, or your not paying attention. Regardless, in the interest of saving my entire day, I'm more than willing to make the issue rhetorical provided I actually get some answers.

BigChiefFan
10-30-2008, 09:44 AM

Age 18-31
Marital status Single
Secular/Atheist
No kids
No military service

Apparently you don't even watch the speeches and the people that are there, supporting Obama. Obama's supporters are from EVERY walk of life and more MODERATE, than liberal in the first place, but please profile more, so you can put something that doesn't exist in the first place into a pretty little box for your own justification of thinking only one group of people are "flocking" to Obama. Nothing could be further from the truth.

HonestChieffan
10-30-2008, 09:44 AM
:hmmm: Could it be because that particular demographic contains more educated, open minded, aware folks? More aware of the need to fix what's beneath our humanity? Could it be because they are more pasionate about evolving and correcting the unevolved part of the human race? It's perhaps the rverse of "Ignorance is Bliss.".....

Just sayin'!

Or perhaps its a desire to find fault in everything they see and feal frustration that such things as freedom and the constitution stand in the way of thier need to force their beliefs on others.

BigChiefFan
10-30-2008, 09:45 AM

You've either seen it, or your not paying attention. Regardless, in the interest of saving my entire day, I'm more than willing to make the issue rhetorical provided I actually get some answers.It exists, the mods turn a blind eye to it in DC for some reason or possibly just don't moderate enough in here to pick up on it. Either way it does seem to be a double-standard.

penchief
10-30-2008, 09:46 AM
Jingoism and patriotism are not synonymous.

I agree. I'm just admitting that I'm not qualified to judge anyone's else's patriotism. Even those who appear to be phonies.

I haven't been given the same powers that God has given HypocriteJohnny. I can't look into another person's heart and judge their motives. HypocriteJohnny is the only one who can do that.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-30-2008, 09:50 AM

Ok.

That is a lot of black people. Might be a good place to run a warrant check on all attendees as well as a child support check up.

I guaran-damn-tee you if people walked down their street and saw a whole bunch of Mike and Ikes lined up to get married they would say "what the fuck is this? I don't approve. Why didn't they put this up for a vote?"

BFD. The question is how can we kill as many Iranian terrorists as possible while Frankie is still alive to see it?

Why don't you take your sorry ass back to that terrorist shit-hole and smell the left hands of your jihad buddies?

What remains of your people will be too poor to commit the cowardly acts of terror they do today; too poor to try to enter into the nuclear age (not that they won't be bombed into oblivion should those sheet-wearing bastards ever develop a nuke weapon).

NewChief
10-30-2008, 09:52 AM
It exists, the mods turn a blind eye to it in DC for some reason or possibly just don't moderate enough in here to pick up on it. Either way it does seem to be a double-standard.

The racist shit gets thrown around under the guise of either joking, talking smack, or trying to fight the PC movement. The people who throw it out there pretend that it's not really indicative of their true feelings (because, you know, they have black friends and relatives) and they only do it as some form of political protest.

On a personal level, I like quite a few of the posters that engage in it, but I don't really care for that particular behavior.

***SPRAYER
10-30-2008, 09:53 AM
I didn't see anything wrong with those comments.

HonestChieffan
10-30-2008, 09:55 AM
without the context its hard to say. One borders on bad judgement but racist?

Friendo
10-30-2008, 10:15 AM
Married
occasional church-goer (Presbyterian/Buddhist, lol)
went to College on 4 year scholarship
2 kids-3 if you count the Lab
no military service

Pro-Choice & Pro-Capital Punishment

Dave Lane
10-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Age 52
Marital status Single
Secular/Atheist
College educated - worked and put myself through college
No kids
No military service

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2008, 10:30 AM

ROFL

At SS backs up his opinions.

You're an automaton.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2008, 10:36 AM
I would never ask anyone to answer but I am curious as to what the income/net worth break down is for the Obama supporters on this board.
Where do advocates of wealth redistribution fall on that scale?

Again, I am in no way asking anyone such a personal question. I'm just voicing a question that occurs to me regularly as I hear people advocate Obama's platform.

+$500k per year for the past 7+ years
Age 43
Marital status: Married
Religion: Non-Christian
College educated- Went on my own dime (wife earned scholarships)
One infant
No military service

Everyone that I know in all of California (NoCal & SoCal) as well as friends in New York are all voting Obama. All earn in excess of $200k minimum per year and have children.

The only people that I personally know that are voting for McCain live in either Kansas or Missouri.

whoman69
10-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Does it give you comfort to put everyone who does not agree with you into a nice round peg? You just sit back in your fantasy world, slip on your security blanket and keep sucking your thumb. I would suggest getting back on your meds.

L.A. Chieffan
10-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Married
Catholic
AA
Two Kids
Not in military but own guns

Fail

OnTheWarpath58
10-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Married
Catholic
AA
Two Kids

Fail

And you're voting for Obama, when HE'S COMING TO GET YOUR GUNS???!!11!!1one!!

L.A. Chieffan
10-30-2008, 10:41 AM

I better go buy as many anti-aircraft weapons as I can before that Godless Allah-loving baby-killing commie comes into my shed and takes my American right to shoot animals at 600 rounds per second

OnTheWarpath58
10-30-2008, 10:42 AM
I better go buy as many anti-aircraft weapons as I can before that Godless Allah-loving baby-killing commie comes into my shed and takes my American right to shoot animals at 600 rounds per second

ROFL

Holy shit. That is definitely sig-worthy.

LOCOChief
10-30-2008, 10:44 AM
Married
Jewish
Going to college on the governments dime
no kids
no military

I guess that is close enough.

Jewish Obama supporter? bet you don't want to see the tape either.

Mecca
10-30-2008, 10:45 AM

Ahahaha, you'd think 200 years would cause those NRA freaks to stop fearing something that won't happen.

hawkchief
10-30-2008, 10:50 AM
Married
Catholic
AA
Two Kids

Fail

You might want to check out the Catholic Church's standpoint on casting a vote for a pro-abortion candidate such as Obama/Biden. Obama's position on voting for infanticide (disallowing health care for infants that survive an abortion). Regardless of the other issues at hand, the Catholic Church considers voting for a candidate(s) that support abortion (much less infanticide) is simply unacceptable - it's not a gray area as some want to try and convince themselves it is.

Archbishops in Biden's Diocese have repeatedly told him he shouldn't take Communion any longer given his farcical, hypocritical and politically expedient position on abortion.

L.A. Chieffan
10-30-2008, 10:53 AM
You might want to check out the Catholic Church's standpoint on casting a vote for a pro-abortion candidate such as Obama/Biden. Obama's position on voting for infanticide (disallowing health care for infants that survive an abortion). Regardless of the other issues at hand, the Catholic Church considers voting for a candidate(s) that support abortion (much less infanticide) is simply unacceptable - it's not a gray area as some want to try and convince themselves it is.

Archbishops in Biden's Diocese have repeatedly told him he shouldn't take Communion any longer given his farcical, hypocritical and politically expedient position on abortion.
If being Catholic means you're required to vote for the inferior candidate than I guess the church is going to be excommunicating a lot of people

RJ
10-30-2008, 10:56 AM
If being Catholic means you're required to vote for the inferior candidate than I guess the church is going to be excommunicating a lot of people

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Sully
10-30-2008, 10:57 AM

Do you know why Obama voted against that bill?

OnTheWarpath58
10-30-2008, 10:57 AM

:clap:

Mecca
10-30-2008, 10:58 AM

I wonder if the church supports throwing racial terms around.

Swanman
10-30-2008, 10:59 AM

Given events of the past couple years, the I would imagine the Catholic church is grading on a curve these days.

hawkchief
10-30-2008, 11:01 AM

No church needs hypocrites that pretend to believe in its teachings only when convenient, especially when it comes to the sanctity of protecting newborn life. If that's something you don't cherish, that's your own problem.

Mecca
10-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Catholics should vote for McCain who's pastor called their church the great white whore, that's an awesome idea.

Mecca
10-30-2008, 11:03 AM
No church needs hypocrites that pretend to believe in its teachings only when convenient, especially when it comes to the sanctity of protecting newborn life. If that's something you don't cherish, that's your own problem.

I think there are a few more important issues than abortion..I think I'm a bit more concerned with my home and my job than some lady I don't know having an abortion.

OnTheWarpath58
10-30-2008, 11:06 AM

You should ask Johnny. He speaks for the Church, as well as the military and middle America.

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2008, 11:07 AM
I think there are a few more important issues than abortion..I think I'm a bit more concerned with my home and my job than some lady I don't know having an abortion.

You are still missing the entire point.

HonestChieffan
10-30-2008, 11:07 AM

Well we know Obama's church enjoys doing that.

Mecca
10-30-2008, 11:08 AM
You should ask Johnny. He speaks for the Church, as well as the military and middle America.

I wonder if he speaks for pie makers aswell?

hawkchief
Catholics should vote for McCain who's pastor called their church the great white whore, that's an awesome idea.

Liberals should vote for a turd that got married by, had his kids baptized by, and listened to, for over 20 years, his "reverend" proclaiming "God Damn America", in his church, accusing our country of staging 9-11 and killing its own people, and then lie about the association. They should also knowingly push the button and vote for a guy who is linked to several anti-American radicals like Ayers, Khalidi, Wright, Rezko. Those are the known ones at this point, there will assuredly be more as time unfolds.

Makes tons of sense.

OnTheWarpath58

Still waiting...

Mecca
10-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Liberals should vote for a turd that got married by, had his kids baptized by, and listened to, for over 20 years, his "reverend" proclaiming "God Damn America", in his church, accusing our country of staging 9-11 and killing its own people, and then lie about the association. They should also knowingly push the button and vote for a guy who is linked to several anti-American radicals like Ayers, Khalidi, Wright, Rezko. Those are the known ones at this point, there will assuredly be more as time unfolds.

Makes tons of sense.

Wow I think you threw out every talking point in a matter of a paragraph, are you Steve Schmidt?

Sully
Still waiting...

I've asked that question several times over the past 2-3 weeks...and no one ever wants to respond.

hawkchief

You may want to consider that "some lady" may someday just be your daughter-in-law, carrying your grandchild.

Mecca
10-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Still waiting...

Shhh, facts don't matter.

We shouldn't be surprised the Republicans have tethered their base to the hardcore religious right so somehow no matter what they are the "church candidate"

hawkchief
10-30-2008, 11:15 AM

Yes, I do. We've all listened to him stumble through the 3rd or 4th iteration of his reasoning. Simply more lies by Obama that fit his pro-abortion beliefs.

He did it to protect Roe vs. Wade from being overturned, regardless of how many BS he explanations he's floated that most of the liberals are perfectly happy to buy into.

HonestChieffan
10-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Bootom line is in all his BS answering he has never said he is opposed to killing surviving aborted children

patteeu
10-30-2008, 11:20 AM

:LOL:

BigChiefFan
10-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Hello?? Abortion has been ruled on and it was ruled LEGAL. The rest of this is just an effort to keep your party in power and CAUSE division.

HonestChieffan
10-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Hello?? Abortion has been ruled on and it was ruled LEGAL. The rest of this is just an effort to keep your party in power and CAUSE division.

Thats not the issue.

BigChiefFan
10-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Thats not the issue.Then why did you say this...? "Bootom line is in all his BS answering he has never said he is opposed to killing surviving aborted children"

Hmmm, you don't even know what your talking about. Your blind hatred has clouded your judgement.

HonestChieffan
10-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Are you honestly so uninformed as to know the law we are discussing? Yopu people do amaze me at times. Try understanding the issue before commenting.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Yes, I do. We've all listened to him stumble through the 3rd or 4th iteration of his reasoning. Simply more lies by Obama that fit his pro-abortion beliefs.

He did it to protect Roe vs. Wade from being overturned, regardless of how many BS he explanations he's floated that most of the liberals are perfectly happy to buy into.

It doesn't matter whether or not Roe V Wade is overturned (which will never happen) because 32 of 48 states already have legislation in place making abortions legal if it is overturned.

It's a non-issue.

Why Republicans continue to make it an issue is beyond me.

hawkchief
10-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Wow I think you threw out every talking point in a matter of a paragraph, are you Steve Schmidt?

They're not "talking points", they're called facts, and you should get used to knowing them. Many fools in our country are choosing to ignore these, and many other facts about Obama, and actually consider someone with his beliefs and questionable background fit to be President of the United States.

I'm still not certain which is more scary - Obama and his band of anti-Americans running our country, or the fact that we now live in a country where nearly half our countrymen turn their heads and are unwilling to see the man for what and who he is and instead laugh his background and associations off as simply "talking points".

patteeu
10-30-2008, 11:29 AM
ROFL

I'm asking a question, ****stick.

Do you have an example of this blatant racism that you think you've seen? I agree with Sully that there isn't much of that (if any) really happening here despite the rampant charges of racism that seem to have risen with Obama's political ascension.

You've either seen it, or your not paying attention. Regardless, in the interest of saving my entire day, I'm more than willing to make the issue rhetorical provided I actually get some answers.

You aren't likely to get good answers to a question based on such a flawed premise.

Mecca
10-30-2008, 11:30 AM
It doesn't matter whether or not Roe V Wade is overturned (which will never happen) because 32 of 48 states already have legislation in place making abortions legal if it is overturned.

It's a non-issue.

Why Republicans continue to make it an issue is beyond me.

Because it's one of the golden carrots they can dangle for their whackjob religious base.

HonestChieffan
They're not "talking points", they're called facts, and you should get used to knowing them. Many fools in our country are choosing to ignore these, and many other facts about Obama, and actually consider someone with his beliefs and questionable background fit to be President of the United States.

I'm still not certain which is more scary - Obama and his band of anti-Americans running our country, or the fact that we now live in a country where nearly half our countrymen turn their heads and are unwilling to see the man for what and who he is and instead laugh his background and associations off as simply "talking points".

awesome. Now, watch the O-bots come on with more angst.

DaneMcCloud
I'm still not certain which is more scary - Obama and his band of anti-Americans running our country

Anti-Americans?

You're a retarded, brainwashed moron.

JFC.

I knew that people like you existed but I didn't actually expect to encounter one, especially on a Chiefs forum.

My bad.

Mecca
10-30-2008, 11:31 AM

You said pro abortion and anti American, you literally have every talking point down.

Because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them anti-american, ask Michelle Bachmann what a statement like that did for her.

ChiefsCountry
10-30-2008, 11:31 AM

Mecca
10-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Anti-Americans?

You're a retarded, brainwashed moron.

JFC.

I knew that people like you existed but I didn't actually expect to encounter one, especially on a Chiefs forum.

My bad.

Only Republicans are real Americans, he's one of those dipshits that really believes that bullshit.

Mecca
10-30-2008, 11:33 AM

If you start agreeing with a guy who is spewing shit like "anyone not a republican is an anti american" I am going to lose serious respect for you.

OnTheWarpath58
Do you have an example of this blatant racism that you think you've seen? I agree with Sully that there isn't much of that (if any) really happening here despite the rampant charges of racism that seem to have risen with Obama's political ascension.

You aren't likely to get good answers to a question based on such a flawed premise.

See posts 100 and 107.

Direckshun

Age 18-31
Marital status Single
Secular/Atheist
No kids
No military service

Currently single, but that's likely to change within a year.
Christian.
College & graduate college thanks to scholarships and two full-time jobs.
No kids, but that's because I'm responsible.
No military service.

Mecca
See posts 100 and 107.

Those don't count, he'll somehow defend them.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2008, 11:35 AM

You're applauding that nonsense?

Seriously?

Apparently you guys haven't realized the fact that half of the Americans in this country are Democrats.

Does that make them all Anti-Americans?

Please explain.

Guru
10-30-2008, 11:35 AM

Archbishops in Biden's Diocese have repeatedly told him he shouldn't take Communion any longer given his farcical, hypocritical and politically expedient position on abortion. You would be wrong on this account.

ChiefsCountry
10-30-2008, 11:36 AM
If you start agreeing with a guy who is spewing shit like "anyone not a republican is an anti american" I am going to lose serious respect for you.

I agreed with that post not all of his.

OnTheWarpath58
Those don't count, he'll somehow defend them.

He edited his post to reflect he had read them.

That's fine. If he doesn't see it, he's doesn't see it. That's his judgment.

I choose not to spend my afternoon hunting down posts, just so I can be told that people are just joking around.

Racism isn't funny. Except in DC, apparently.

I'm just asking why the double-standard. OK in DC, not OK in the rest of the board.

Mecca
You're applauding that nonsense?

Seriously?

Apparently you guys haven't realized the fact that half of the Americans in this country are Democrats.

Does that make them all Anti-Americans?

Please explain.

We're anti American dude.....like I said if he agrees with that guy I'll lose any amount of respect I had for him at all.

hawkchief
You said pro abortion and anti American, you literally have every talking point down.

Because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them anti-american, ask Michelle Bachmann what a statement like that did for her.

You're right, voting several times to kill children that survived an abortion is actually worse than abortion.

If you can't, ore are unwilling to see or evaluate the anti-American connections surrounding your candidate, that's your own problem. Writing them off as talking points, is lazy and irresponsible.

Mecca
10-30-2008, 11:37 AM
You're right, voting several times to kill children that survived an abortion is actually worse than abortion.

If you can't, ore are unwilling to see or evaluate the anti-American connections surrounding your candidate, that's your own problem. Writing them off as talking points, is lazy and irresponsible.

I figured it out, you are a moron.

You now rank with KCJohnny in level, congrats.

HonestChieffan
10-30-2008, 11:37 AM

He didnt say that

Direckshun
10-30-2008, 11:38 AM
You're right, voting several times to kill children that survived an abortion

Talking point.

ChiefsCountry
10-30-2008, 11:38 AM
Wow you guys are a bunch of whiny vaginas who spin shit. I agreed with that one post, he was dead on IMO. His other stuff about not being american, heh dont agree with it but I get labeled it.

OnTheWarpath58
10-30-2008, 11:40 AM

I would like to see this bill that was voted on regarding killing children that survived abortions.

Mecca
10-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Wow you guys are a bunch of whiny vaginas who spin shit. I agreed with that one post, he was dead on IMO. His other stuff about not being american, heh dont agree with it but I get labeled it.

That's fine, you should know that's going to happen when you agree with someone who is basically throwing out some of the desperation talking points.

Direckshun
10-30-2008, 11:42 AM

Everybody gets fucking labeled anti-American at some point or another by ignorant morons who don't know what they're talking about.

What makes you such a goddamned martyr?

Frankie
10-30-2008, 11:42 AM

Gun control has nothing to do with citizens having guns for hunting or even defending themselves. It's all about taking Oozies and assault rifles out of public hands. It's amazing how paranoid the Right gets with issues like this.

ChiefsCountry
10-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Everybody gets ****ing labeled anti-American at some point or another by ignorant morons who don't know what they're talking about.

What makes you such a goddamned martyr?

No I got labeled for calling people anti-American which I did not.

vailpass
Ok.

Oh my do I have a stalker?
What is wrong with any of those lines that were quoted?

Carlota69
This whole "vote what the catholic church wants" shit--is this the same church that has been known for molesting little boys?

Just askin...

noa
10-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Marital Status: Single, hate condoms so I knock up lots of women and force them to have abortions
Religion: I hate Christians, but admire Islam, so I would like to see this country become an Islamic regime.
College: My trust fund paid for it
Kids: No kids, wouldn't want them to be a drain on my trust fund
Military: I hate the military and particularly our servicemen. I do play Call of Duty 4 though.

HonestChieffan
Gun control has nothing to do with citizens having guns for hunting or even defending themselves. It's all about taking Oozies and assault rifles out of public hands. It's amazing how paranoid the Right gets with issues like this.

And the moon is made of green cheese.

Carlota69

You're out of your mind. You really must be freaking out that the "Anti-Christ" is winning, huh?ROFL

Mecca
This whole "vote what the catholic church wants" shit--is this the same church that has been known for molesting little boys?

Just askin...

Well hey little boys can't have abortions.

OnTheWarpath58
10-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Marital Status: Single, hate condoms so I knock up lots of women and force them to have abortions
Religion: I hate Christians, but admire Islam, so I would like to see this country to to an Islamic regime.
College: My trust fund paid for it
Kids: No kids, wouldn't want them to be a drain on my trust fund
Military: I hate the military and particularly our servicemen. I do play Call of Duty 4 though.

ROFL

hawkchief
10-30-2008, 11:46 AM
I figured it out, you are a moron.

You now rank with KCJohnny in level, congrats.

Exactly how someone like you would "end" an argument. Call someone a "moron", rather than try and defend his positions. Reminds me of how a 3rd grader would do it when overmatched.

Direckshun
10-30-2008, 11:46 AM
No I got labeled for calling people anti-American which I did not.

Just because you didn't doesn't mean you don't believe they are.

Right?

I mean look at Obama. The guy attends church for 20 years with a racist preacher who spews black liberation theology, and he's friends with an unrepentant terrorist.

Plus he wants to punish the successful in this country with higher taxes and socialist policies.

Plus he has demeaned our soldiers by calling Iraq a mistake and his supporters have often made fun of McCain's tenure as a POW.

C'mon. Tell me Obama's anti-American. You know you want to.

HonestChieffan
10-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Just because you didn't doesn't mean you don't believe they are.

Right?

I mean look at Obama. The guy attends church for 20 years with a racist power who spews black liberation theology, and he's friends with an unrepentant terrorist.

Plus he wants to punish the successful in this country with higher taxes and socialist policies.

Plus he has demeaned our soldiers by calling Iraq a mistake and his supporters have often made fun of McCain's tenure as a POW.

C'mon. Tell me Obama's anti-American. You know you want to.

How do you know what someone believes

Mecca
10-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Exactly how someone like you would "end" an argument. Call someone a "moron", rather than try and defend his positions. Reminds me of how a 3rd grader would do it when overmatched.

Arguing with you is like arguing with a talking point, I don't need to do it for the 500th time it'll be just like arguing with KCJ.

Direckshun
10-30-2008, 11:48 AM
How do you know what someone believes

Is Obama anti-American?

Guru
10-30-2008, 11:50 AM

Just askin...Lets not go down that road. I personally don't base my views on what priests outside my own church do. If my priest ever did something like that I would leave my church but not my preferred religion.

HonestChieffan
10-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Is Obama anti-American?

I dont know, what do you think? Why would this be a question at all? Who said he was?

Direckshun
10-30-2008, 11:51 AM
I dont know, what do you think? Why would this be a question at all? Who said he was?

You don't know?

You think there's a 50/50 chance he could be anti-American?

hawkchief
Arguing with you is like arguing with a talking point, I don't need to do it for the 500th time it'll be just like arguing with KCJ.

I get it, when you can't defend so many of Obama's indefensible anti-American associations or policies, you simply label them as "talking points". Just like Barack does.

Mecca

Did you completely miss the post up there about liberals being un-american?

***SPRAYER
Say what you want, but I know how to bring up great topics for discussion.

HonestChieffan
10-30-2008, 11:52 AM
You don't know?

You think there's a 50/50 chance he could be anti-American?

How can you really know?

Mecca
10-30-2008, 11:52 AM
I get it, when you can't defend so many of Obama's indefensible anti-American associations or policies, you simply label them as "talking points". Just like Barack does.

Because it's retarded, why is it every candidate that runs as a Democrat is suddenly anti american? I'd love to know that, remember Bush Sr. trying to say Clinton was with his "he wanted to visit Russia as a kid"

Do you guys really believe only Republicans are patriot and real Americans?

Direckshun
10-30-2008, 11:53 AM
How can you really know?

Is George W. Bush anti-American?

Carlota69
10-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Lets not go down that road. I personally don't base my views on what priests outside my own church do. If my priest ever did something like that I would leave my church but not my preferred religion.

We went down that road because apparently we are supposed to base our vote on the values of our church. I personally dont think so, but I was pointing out the stupidity of that. especially in the case of the Catholic church and all their flaws.

HonestChieffan
10-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Is George W. Bush anti-American?
I certainly dont believe he is, do you?

hawkchief
10-30-2008, 11:55 AM

Just askin...

Most Catholics would certainly respect, understand if someone left the church due to a few bad priests. The Catholic church was brought in by a self-professed liberal, who by voting for Obama, supports abortion, yet still wants to consider themselves part of the Catholic church. The church doesn't view it that way.

Direckshun
10-30-2008, 11:56 AM

So you certainly don't believe Bush is anti-American.

As for Obama, however, you're completely up in the air, believing there's a 50/50 chance Obama could be anti-American.

I've got some news for you partner, you may not have called anybody anti-American in this thread, but you've just implied that there are some Americans (namely liberals) who are way more anti-American than others (namely conservatives).

Good afternoon, good evening, and good night.

HonestChieffan
10-30-2008, 11:58 AM
So you certainly don't believe Bush is anti-American.

As for Obama, however, you're completely up in the air, believing there's a 50/50 chance Obama could be anti-American.

I've got some news for you partner, you may not have called anybody anti-American in this thread, but you've just implied that there are some Americans (namely liberals) who are way more anti-American than others (namely conservatives).

Good afternoon, good evening, and good night.

Who said anything about the 50/50 ploy you attempted to play. I imply nothing.

irishjayhawk
10-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Who said anything about the 50/50 ploy you attempted to play. I imply nothing.

kill yourself

I imply nothing.

Frankie
10-30-2008, 11:59 AM

If I believe he shaped his policy to benefit Halliburton and his other such friends, I have to believe he is. I do, therefore I do.

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2008, 12:00 PM
If I believe he shaped his policy to benefit Halliburton and his other such friends, I have to believe he is.

patteeu
10-30-2008, 12:00 PM
See posts 100 and 107.

I saw them. That's why I added the second part of my post. I'm challenging your premise. I completely understand if you don't want to waste your time backing it up, but that lack of resolution makes it difficult to get to the answers that you seek. FWIW, I think NewPhin gave a decent answer from the perspective of someone who isn't as skeptical of your premise as I am. :)

hawkchief
10-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Because it's retarded, why is it every candidate that runs as a Democrat is suddenly anti american? I'd love to know that, remember Bush Sr. trying to say Clinton was with his "he wanted to visit Russia as a kid"

Do you guys really believe only Republicans are patriot and real Americans?

Do you really think our country has EVER elected, and for that matter, come close to electing an individual for President, tied to so many anti-American thinking people, as Obama has been tied to?

Certainly not only Republicans are patriots, however, there will never be a more stark contrast in patriotism than there is between Obama and McCain. If Obama's alleged tax plan is enough for your to buy a flat-screen TV abd eschew the cavernous gap in moral character and patriotism between these two, then God bless.

Direckshun
I imply nothing.

I wouldn't be so sure of that, muchacho. I wouldn't be so sure of that.

irishjayhawk
I saw them. That's why I added the second part of my post. I'm challenging your premise. I completely understand if you don't want to waste your time backing it up, but that lack of resolution makes it difficult to get to the answers that you seek. FWIW, I think NewPhin gave a decent answer from the perspective of someone who isn't as skeptical of your premise as I am. :)

Not necessarily a hard stance there patteeu. You have a track record of defending anything and everything.

Carlota69
10-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Most Catholics would certainly respect, understand if someone left the church due to a few bad priests. The Catholic church was brought in by a self-professed liberal, who by voting for Obama, supports abortion, yet still wants to consider themselves part of the Catholic church. The church doesn't view it that way.

So, do you support molestation? You must if you stay with that church. Or is that ridiculous?

Let me answer that--of course it is. Just as ridiculous as you should vote based on their values, not what you deem necessary and important in your own personal life.

Direckshun
Do you really think our country has EVER elected, and for that matter, come close to electing an individual for President, tied to so many anti-American thinking people, as Obama has been tied to?

I'm pretty sure Washington was friends with quite a few loyalists who didn't believe America should be independent.

So...

vailpass

Just askin...

What happened to those boys at the hands of their priests is tragic and unforgivable. I pray for the victims.

Labeling the entire church and her people for the sins of those fallen priests is wrong and unfair.

The Catholic church is the largest charitable organization in the world and has been so for many years. For every pedophile priest there are 10,000 Catholic aid workers. Why not say "oh you mean that church that is known for their charity?"

Day care givers and teachers molest a far larger percentage of children than any other group. Do we look at a teacher and say "child molester"?

What those priests did was so evil, so horrible, so wrong that you are justified in leveling any criticism you desire. I'm just pointing out the balance of the situation.

Saulbadguy
Wow.

vailpass
10-30-2008, 12:04 PM
If I believe he shaped his policy to benefit Halliburton and his other such friends, I have to believe he is. I do, therefore I do.

Haven't you died yet? What do you say we go kill us some Iranian terrorists Frankie boy?

vailpass
10-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Wow.

Wow what?
Don't you mean oy vey?

irishjayhawk
10-30-2008, 12:05 PM
What happened to those boys at the hands of their priests is tragic and unforgivable. I pray for the victims.

Labeling the entire church and her people for the sins of those fallen priests is wrong and unfair.

The Catholic church is the largest charitable organization in the world and has been so for many years. For every pedophile priest there are 10,000 Catholic aid workers. Why not say "oh you mean that church that is known for their charity?"

Day care givers and teachers molest a far larger percentage of children than any other group. Do we look at a teacher and say "child molester"?

What those priests did was so evil, so horrible, so wrong that you are justified in leveling any criticism you desire. I'm just pointing out the balance of the situation.

And for every 1 charitable worker that can be attributed to the Church, there are 10 people the Church has killed in the name of itself or god.

Just giving the balance of the situation.

You'll lose at this game.

patteeu
10-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Is Obama anti-American?

So much of his past is hidden and the rest is closely managed that it's hard to really know. All I can say for sure is it's risky. :p

Saulbadguy
Jewish Obama supporter? bet you don't want to see the tape either.

You're a tard.

vailpass
And for every 1 charitable worker that can be attributed to the Church, there are 10 people the Church has killed in the name of itself or god.

You'll lose at this game.

ROFL Kid what the hell are you talking about?

irishjayhawk
10-30-2008, 12:07 PM
ROFL Kid what the hell are you talking about?

Is this a serious question?

OnTheWarpath58
10-30-2008, 12:07 PM

And I'm fine with that, as I've already pointed out.

Some people here are more than capable of posting an opinion on things they've seen here, without me wasting my day to find specific examples. I don't bookmark posts here in the hope I can use them against people weeks/months/years down the road like some people do.

I'll live with whatever answers I get.

Carlota69
10-30-2008, 12:08 PM

I agree with you completely. However, I am not going to vote based on what my church wants, just like I'm not going to leave them becasue of a few bad apples.

Freedom of choice. Freedom of thought.

Just becasue the Catholic church isnt real fond of Abortion, doesnt mean I'm not real fond of my right to choose. Just becasue the Catholic church is a big fan of gays, doesnt mean I'm a gay basher.

I'm going to vote for who I want as president regardless of my church.
But according to hawkchief, we are supposed to vote for the president that supports our church policies, or something like that.

vailpass

Exactly who is the church killing these days? Or are you going back a few centuries?

What are they teaching you at that podunk school?

Mecca

He doesn't understand how many people have been killed in the name of God, or how many people thought killing each other was a good idea because God told them to.

patteeu
10-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Because it's retarded, why is it every candidate that runs as a Democrat is suddenly anti american?

Great question. You democrats should try to fix your party from within.

vailpass
I agree with you completely. However, I am not going to vote based on what my church wants, just like I'm not going to leave them becasue of a few bad apples.

Just becasue the Catholic church isnt real fond of Abortion, doesnt mean I'm not real fond of my right to choose. Just becasue the Catholic church is a big fan of gays, doesnt mean I'm a gay basher.

But according to hawkchief, we are supposed to vote for the president that supports our church policies, or something like that.

Cool. I would never tell you or anyone how to vote or judge you for your reasons.
My point was merely to try and balance a view of the church.

hawkchief

You should read all of the posts relevant to this topic and you wouldn't come off as such an ass.

Saulbadguy
Wow what?
Don't you mean oy vey?

Wasn't in response to your post. But yeah, oy gevaldt.

irishjayhawk
Exactly who is the church killing these days? Or are you going back a few centuries?

What are they teaching you at that podunk school?

Oh, I was unaware history is supposed to be forgotten and no longer matters.

vailpass
10-30-2008, 12:10 PM
He doesn't understand how many people have been killed in the name of Allah, or how many people thought killing each other was a good idea because Allah told them to.

Stop dude.

hawkchief
10-30-2008, 12:10 PM
He doesn't understand how many people have been killed in the name of God, or how many people thought killing each other was a good idea because God told them to.

Kinda like the Muslim faith, right?

vailpass
10-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Wasn't in response to your post. But yeah, oy gevaldt.

Dammit! That's the one I was trying to remember.

Carlota69
10-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Cool. I would never tell you or anyone how to vote or judge you for your reasons.
My point was merely to try and balance a view of the church.

All good. Iwas just pointing out the retardedness of HACKCHIEFS post.

Carlota69
10-30-2008, 12:12 PM
You should read all of the posts relevant to this topic and you wouldn't come off as such an ass.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Sure thing darlin....

Frankie

Paranoia begets irrelevance. He wasn't talking about just the Christian faith. He was talking about RELIGION in general.

vailpass
Oh, I was unaware history is supposed to be forgotten and no longer matters.

Should Obama be arrested because he snorted coke and smoked pot in the past?

Direckshun
10-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Great question. You democrats should try to fix your party from within.

Yeah, 'cause our message isn't resonating with America alright.

irishjayhawk
10-30-2008, 12:13 PM

I still contend that Islam is going through the same stage Catholocism went through back in the day. The difference? Technology.

irishjayhawk
10-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Should Obama be arrested because he snorted coke and smoked pot in the past?

That's the dumbest line I've heard. Are you seriously arguing that?

vailpass
10-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Carlotta you should read whatever you want and I'll bet you have a nice ass.

FYP, now you two can be friends.

Mecca
10-30-2008, 12:15 PM

You are aware that radical Christianity is just as scary as radical Islam right....nevermind I doubt you get that.

Carlota69
10-30-2008, 12:16 PM

You mean like this one? the post I've been talking about this whole thread? is this what I should keep reading over and over so I dont sound like an ass???

You are fucking priceless.

vailpass
10-30-2008, 12:17 PM
That's the dumbest line I've heard. Are you seriously arguing that?

You posit that history matters, that it is right to judge on the past without taking into account the present.
I applied your logic to a different situation to point out the falacy of your stance.

They teach that sort of reasoning at Moo U or is it all cow tipping and fat-chick herding?

Carlota69
10-30-2008, 12:17 PM
FYP, now you two can be friends.

See, I always knew you were a peacemaker...:)

PunkinDrublic
10-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Age 31
Marital status Single
Agnostic
College educated- Paid for through the GI Bill
No kids
4 years in the Navy.