PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Food for Thought

irishjayhawk
10-30-2008, 08:47 AM
I was reading my feed reader and someone posed an excellent question:

I'm sure everyone has already heard about the plot to murder Obama and many others (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/SKINHEAD_PLOT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2008-10-27-16-21-21):
Two white supremacists allegedly plotted to go on a national killing spree, shooting and decapitating black people and ultimately targeting Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, federal authorities said Monday.
In all, the two men whom officials described as neo-Nazi skinheads planned to kill 88 people - 14 by beheading, according to documents unsealed in U.S. District Court in Jackson, Tenn.
It's a horrible and sordid story of idiots with guns, but in scanning the various news sources, there is a curious but obvious word missing — a word that normally our media and government fling about with unscrupulous abandon.

That word is "terrorism".

Doesn't it strike you as peculiar that white homegrown right-wing fascist killers are somehow exempt from being called what they are — terrorists?

I've often wondered this.

StcChief
10-30-2008, 08:49 AM
are they really just insurgent freedom fighters, that's what they call 'em in Iraq.

irishjayhawk
10-30-2008, 08:50 AM
are they really just insurgent freedom fighters, that's what they call 'em in Iraq.

There's a mix on that front. Some are actually terrorists. And some are, actually, insurgent freedom fighters as you say.

bango
10-30-2008, 05:16 PM
It depends on why they are fighting. If they are fighting because of a foreign invasion and are Nationals then they would be fighting for the freedom of their Nation.

Robo-Chachi
10-30-2008, 05:18 PM
I've heard more about a hanging Sarah Palin Halloween decoration that this. Damn liberal media.

PRIEST
10-30-2008, 05:22 PM
http://www.homelandstupidity.us/2007/05/13/you-are-the-homegrown-terrorist-threat/

Some of the things for which you should be reported as a suspected terrorist include the usual things, like weapons of mass destruction, and hate groups such as the Ku Klux Klan and Neo-Nazis, but also includes people who “Make numerous references to US Constitution,” “Claim driving is a right, not a privilege” and “Attempt to ‘police the police.’”

BigMeatballDave
10-30-2008, 05:31 PM
Domestic Terrorists. More scum that should be removed from this planet.