PDA

View Full Version : Elections McCain Up in Florida Early Voting Poll

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Posted by Kim Priestap
Published: October 29, 2008 - 10:01 PM
This is very interesting. According to an LA Times/Bloomberg poll of those who voted early in Florida, McCain leads Obama 49-45% even though more Democrats voted than Republicans:

Democrats are beaming that their party is outperforming the Republicans in early voting, releasing numbers Wednesday that show registrants of their party ahead 54 percent to 30 percent among the 1.4 million voters who have gone to the polls early.
"We're thrilled at the record turnout so far," said Democratic Party of Florida spokesman Eric Jotkoff. "It's a clear indication that Democrats want to elect Barack Obama and Democrats up and down the ballot so that we can start creating good jobs, rebuilding our economy and getting our nation back on track."

But party breakdowns for turnout aren't the same as final tallies, and at least one poll offered a different view for the campaign of Republican John McCain.

A Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg poll gave McCain a 49-45 lead over Democrat Barack Obama among Floridians who have already voted.

And Republicans continued to show a traditional strength, leading 50 percent to the Democrats' 30 percent in the 1.2 million absentee ballots already returned.

Democrats are beaming that more Democrats came out to vote early but it seems many of them aren't voting for the Democrat candidate. Hmmm.

vailpass
10-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Can you imagine the weeping wailing vaginas on this board if Baby Daddy loses this election?

InChiefsHell
10-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Much wailing and gnashing of teeth for sure...I really hope for it...

chiefforlife
10-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Can you imagine the weeping wailing vaginas on this board if Baby Daddy loses this election?

Im looking forward to watching you guys cry about "baby granddaddy" losing!ROFL

mlyonsd
10-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Probably a skewed poll since people registered by Acorn were told not to vote until election day so as not to draw suspicion.

jiveturkey
10-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Probably a skewed poll since people registered by Acorn were told not to vote until election day so as not to draw suspicion.I believe that this is what repubs usually refer to as laying the victim ground work. :clap:

Sully
10-30-2008, 12:46 PM
"Jotkoff?"
What an unfortunate name.

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2008, 12:46 PM
Im looking forward to watching you guys cry about "baby granddaddy" losing!ROFL

There are potentially some advantages to having Obama in there. I don't trust the guy at all though. You trust him with our national budget after Illinois? OK

BigRedChief
10-30-2008, 12:53 PM
You had better hope that Obama wins because their will be violence in the streets in every city.

And he will get us into a "real" war in no time.

Just think about it...if McCain would have been president during the Cuban missle crisis we wouldn't exsist and the planet would be a nuclear ash heap.

HolmeZz
10-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Trying to gauge the early voting number from a pool of 637 respondents(which is the LA/Bloomberg poll being referred to, which shows Obama up 50-43 overall) is unspeakably silly. There are no traditional patterns to follow when it comes to judging early voting and being 5 days out from election day.

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2008, 01:00 PM
You had better hope that Obama wins because their will be violence in the streets in every city.

That would be awesome.

BigRedChief
10-30-2008, 01:01 PM
That would be awesome.
May make for some good tv but that muclear ash thing could spoil the good time.

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2008, 01:05 PM

That's exactly what this country needs, blood in the streets. I so hope this happens.

Calcountry
10-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Posted by Kim Priestap
Published: October 29, 2008 - 10:01 PM
This is very interesting. According to an LA Times/Bloomberg poll of those who voted early in Florida, McCain leads Obama 49-45% even though more Democrats voted than Republicans:

Democrats are beaming that their party is outperforming the Republicans in early voting, releasing numbers Wednesday that show registrants of their party ahead 54 percent to 30 percent among the 1.4 million voters who have gone to the polls early.
"We're thrilled at the record turnout so far," said Democratic Party of Florida spokesman Eric Jotkoff. "It's a clear indication that Democrats want to elect Barack Obama and Democrats up and down the ballot so that we can start creating good jobs, rebuilding our economy and getting our nation back on track."

But party breakdowns for turnout aren't the same as final tallies, and at least one poll offered a different view for the campaign of Republican John McCain.

A Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg poll gave McCain a 49-45 lead over Democrat Barack Obama among Floridians who have already voted.

And Republicans continued to show a traditional strength, leading 50 percent to the Democrats' 30 percent in the 1.2 million absentee ballots already returned.

Democrats are beaming that more Democrats came out to vote early but it seems many of them aren't voting for the Democrat candidate. Hmmm.:LMAO.

whoman69
10-30-2008, 01:24 PM
That's exactly what this country needs, blood in the streets. I so hope this happens.

That's pretty twisted.

ChiefaRoo
10-30-2008, 01:26 PM
I voted today in Texas. ( I moved) I hope McCain and that hot chick pull it out.

jiveturkey
10-30-2008, 01:26 PM
That's exactly what this country needs, blood in the streets. I so hope this happens.You sound like a terrorist.:spock:

Mecca
10-30-2008, 01:27 PM
You sound like a terrorist.:spock:

Great he just ruined any chances any of us have at running for office, with him and Johnny and some of the other things that get said around here we'd all be sunk.

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2008, 01:30 PM
You sound like a terrorist.:spock:

It's going to happen sooner or later, I'm just for getting it out of the way. What's happening in this country right now is not OK. The very fact that we have BHO with his background and agenda this close to the presidency is totally unacceptable. The fact that the only other candidate we have is McCain is totally unacceptable.

Bootlegged
10-30-2008, 01:30 PM

Just think about it...if McCain would have been president during the Cuban missle crisis we wouldn't exsist and the planet would be a nuclear ash heap.

ROFL

Watch Bill Maher much? That is his direct quote.

Yeah, I read that too. Were you gonna plagiarize the whole thing for us? Do you have any thoughts of your own on this matter? Or do you...is that your thing? You come into a bar. You read some obscure passage and then pretend...you pawn it off as your own idea just to impress some girls and embarrass my friend? See the sad thing about a guy like you is in 50 years you're gonna start doin' some thinkin' on your own and you're gonna come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life. One: don't do that. And two: You dropped a hundred and fifty grand on a f----n' education you coulda' got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the public library.

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2008, 01:33 PM
ROFL

Yeah, I read that too. Were you gonna plagiarize the whole thing for us? Do you have any thoughts of your own on this matter? Or do you...is that your thing? You come into a bar. You read some obscure passage and then pretend...you pawn it off as your own idea just to impress some girls and embarrass my friend? See the sad thing about a guy like you is in 50 years you're gonna start doin' some thinkin' on your own and you're gonna come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life. One: don't do that. And two: You dropped a hundred and fifty grand on a f----n' education you coulda' got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the public library.

You must be mistaken only Reps sell fear.

warrior
10-30-2008, 01:33 PM

WOW you are one sick dude

***SPRAYER
10-30-2008, 01:34 PM

Bring it.

whoman69
10-30-2008, 01:38 PM
This is Florida. They probably didn't understand the questions the pollsters were asking.

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2008, 01:39 PM
WOW you are one sick dude

Late term abortions are not OK. Talk about sick.

Stomping on the 2nd amendment is not OK.

Taxing the shit out of people so you can start a bunch of social programs is not OK.

Mandatory full (poisoning) vaccine schedules for all Americans is not OK.

Legalized discrimination is not OK

I don't need to do this whole list again, you get the point. Maybe when it's all over we can reach some compromises on both sides.

Dallas Chief
10-30-2008, 01:40 PM
ROFL

Most excellent GWH quote! To think that it was Matt Damon with the catchy lines. Oh the irony...

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2008, 01:40 PM
That's pretty twisted.

Quit neg repping me and be sure to keep that obama sticker on your car.

ChiefaRoo
10-30-2008, 01:41 PM

Taxing the shit out of people so you can start a bunch of social programs is not OK.

I don't need to do this whole list again, you get the point. Maybe when it's all over we can reach some compromises on both sides.

yep.

Dave Lane
10-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Normally the early voting breaks 70 - 30 for the republicans since the older and "non working" types have the time to vote early. I mean a lot of salary non-hourly types...

BigRedChief
10-30-2008, 01:43 PM
You must be mistaken only Reps sell fear.
they are pretty good at it too.

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2008, 01:44 PM
Normally the early voting breaks 70 - 30 for the republicans since the older and "non working" types have the time to vote early. I mean a lot of salary non-hourly types...

It says Democrats are beaming that more Democrats came out to vote early but it seems many of them aren't voting for the Democrat candidate.

Who friggen really knows? All I know for sure is I trust the media about as much as I trust our politicians.

Thig Lyfe
10-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Well duh, all the old people are voting early so they can get to Applebee's while their lunch specials are still valid.

vailpass
10-30-2008, 01:48 PM

What the hell does that mean, "violence in the streets in every city".
Is that a threat from the Obamabackers? Why would their be violence? Because the black people are mad?

Bootlegged
10-30-2008, 01:50 PM
That is what he means. I think he's scared.

J Diddy
10-30-2008, 01:51 PM
That is what he means. I think he's scared.

Yeah. Terrified. Every poll in the country is wrong.

Dave Lane
10-30-2008, 01:55 PM
It says Democrats are beaming that more Democrats came out to vote early but it seems many of them aren't voting for the Democrat candidate.

Who friggen really knows? All I know for sure is I trust the media about as much as I trust our politicians.

NO they are happy its roughly 50-50 instead of the usual 70-30

jiveturkey
10-30-2008, 01:56 PM
How do these numbers compare with previous early voting results?

Brock
10-30-2008, 01:57 PM

OMGZ FEAR TEH MCCAIN

Dave Lane
10-30-2008, 01:58 PM
How do these numbers compare with previous early voting results?

Read the posts :)

Bootlegged
10-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Yeah. Terrified. Every poll in the country is wrong.

No - He is scared of the violent black people if BO loses. Re-read..

J Diddy
10-30-2008, 02:05 PM
No - He is scared of the violent black people if BO loses. Re-read..

moot point

jiveturkey
10-30-2008, 02:06 PM
Read the posts :)I see that the turnout per party has shifted considerably but I wonder how the actual data is falling out.

warrior
10-30-2008, 02:32 PM

What ? I was making on a commet on your statement "that's what this country needs, blood in the streets I so hope this happens".
Sounds like your advocating civil war.

I believe in personel rights.
No one is taking our guns I have six. Won't happen.
Vaccine's available for children ok. Mandatory won,t happen.
Legalized discrimination? You're paranoid.
Taxing the shit out of people for social programs. Some programs will be necessary for the less fortunate. I don't know the extinct of these no more than you do.

Now back to it are you advocating for civil war.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-30-2008, 02:34 PM
It's going to happen sooner or later, I'm just for getting it out of the way. What's happening in this country right now is not OK. The very fact that we have BHO with his background and agenda this close to the presidency is totally unacceptable. The fact that the only other candidate we have is McCain is totally unacceptable.

So why don't you go after him yourself, since you seem to be so excited about the prospects of civil unrest?

Bootlegged
10-30-2008, 02:37 PM
What ? I was making on a commet on your statement "that's what this country needs, blood in the streets I so hope this happens".

Taxing the shit out of people for social programs. Some programs will be necessary for the less fortunate. I don't know the extinct of these no more than you do.

:BLVD:

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2008, 02:38 PM

Call it civil unrest. For the record all the things you say won't happen your candidate is for and will be unchecked. Nevermind the facts

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2008, 02:39 PM
So why don't you go after him yourself, since you seem to be so excited about the prospects of civil unrest?

go after who?

BigChiefFan
10-30-2008, 02:41 PM
:BLVD:Enjoying the bloodlust?

whoman69
10-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Quit neg repping me and be sure to keep that obama sticker on your car.

Given the response, I would guess I'm not the only one that neg repped you for that stupid comment.

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Given the response, I would guess I'm not the only one that neg repped you for that stupid comment.

Yes you are. You've always been weird like that.

vailpass
10-30-2008, 02:50 PM
go after who?

Don't you like how douche boy is trying to bait you into something you never said?

warrior
10-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Call it civil unrest. For the record all the things you say won't happen your candidate is for and will be unchecked. Nevermind the facts

FACTS By all means show means show me them FACTS. ROFLROFL

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2008, 02:55 PM
Don't you like how douche boy is trying to bait you into something you never said?

exactly

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2008, 02:56 PM
FACTS By all means show means show me them FACTS. ROFLROFL

Dude I have posted them over and over again, it's common knowledge for anyone else here. What are you contending?

Bootlegged
10-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Enjoying the bloodlust?

Loving it. I ate an entire giraffe today....right off the zoo grounds.

Vaspar
10-30-2008, 03:29 PM
"You had better hope that Obama wins because their will be violence in the streets in every city."

What does this say about the mind set of those who will be committing the violence? Doesn't soud much different than that those who would fly planes into buildings or blow up buses with school children on them.

Bootlegged
10-30-2008, 03:36 PM

Pitt Gorilla
10-30-2008, 03:39 PM
"You had better hope that Obama wins because their will be violence in the streets in every city."

What does this say about the mind set of those who will be committing the violence? Doesn't soud much different than that those who would fly planes into buildings or blow up buses with school children on them.Have you read the posts around here? People have been advocating as much or worse regarding the occasion that Obama DOES win. I must have missed your response in those cases.

dirk digler
10-30-2008, 03:39 PM
I don't think that information is correct

http://elections.gmu.edu/early_vote_2008.html

46% Dems
38% Republicans

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2008, 03:45 PM
I don't think that information is correct

http://elections.gmu.edu/early_vote_2008.html

46% Dems
38% Republicans

It says the majority are Dem.

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Have you read the posts around here? People have been advocating as much or worse regarding the occasion that Obama DOES win. I must have missed your response in those cases.

Thinking something will happen and advocating it are different things.

Taco John
10-30-2008, 03:51 PM
It's incredible that Obama could lose Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, Missouri, and Nevada, and still win this thing...

Mr. Laz
10-30-2008, 03:51 PM
BD is probably at home jacking off the the poll results like it's a playboy or something.

PRIEST
10-30-2008, 03:54 PM
BD is probably at home jacking off the the poll results like it's a playboy or something.

ROFL

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2008, 03:54 PM
ROFL

WOW, somebody actually laughed at that.

Vaspar
10-30-2008, 03:58 PM
"Have you read the posts around here? People have been advocating as much or worse regarding the occasion that Obama DOES win. I must have missed your response in those cases."

I don't advocate starting violence regardless of who wins the election. I think any one who does certainly doesn't understand civility at all. That said, it is a sad state of affairs when the only candidates we have to vote for are either a Good Ol' Boy from the GOP or someone who has not had any executive experience and will be learning foriegn relations on the job. If these two are the best either party has to offer then America is headed for some very bad times period.

Adept Havelock
10-30-2008, 04:15 PM
BD is probably at home jacking off the the poll results like it's a <s>Playboy</s> "Barely Legal" or something.

FYP. :p

Tiger's Fan
10-30-2008, 04:59 PM
"Have you read the posts around here? People have been advocating as much or worse regarding the occasion that Obama DOES win. I must have missed your response in those cases."

I don't advocate starting violence regardless of who wins the election. I think any one who does certainly doesn't understand civility at all. That said, it is a sad state of affairs when the only candidates we have to vote for are either a Good Ol' Boy from the GOP or someone who has not had any executive experience and will be learning foriegn relations on the job. If these two are the best either party has to offer then America is headed for some very bad times period.

WOW, Common sense in a sea of bullshit. You probably don't belong here. Neither do I. REP!

keg in kc
10-30-2008, 05:03 PM
If these two are the best either party has to offer then America is headed for some very bad times period.I reached voting age in 1992. I think I've made that 'trying to pick the lesser of two evils' comment before every election in my adult life. It's like this every time out.

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2008, 05:07 PM
I reached voting age in 1992. I think I've made that 'trying to pick the lesser of two evils' comment before every election in my adult life. It's like this every time out.

Yep, this 2 party system sucks.

Thig Lyfe
10-30-2008, 05:35 PM
WOW, somebody actually laughed at that.

And if anybody knows what's funny, it's Big Daddy. What with his wide repertoire of jokes, ranging from "HAHA YOU'RE A FAG!" to "HAHA YOU'RE A TOTAL FAG!"

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2008, 05:36 PM
And if anybody knows what's funny, it's Big Daddy. What with his wide repertoire of jokes, ranging from "HAHA YOU'RE A pillowbiter!" to "HAHA YOU'RE A TOTAL pillowbiter!"

NOW THAT"S FUNNY !!!!!