PDA

View Full Version : Elections has there ever been

Friendo
10-30-2008, 09:15 PM
a more f***ed up campaign than McCain's? Is he being sabotaged by some planted advisers, or are the Republicans really this disoriented...cynical?? "Joe the Plumber" W T F? I mean Dukakis was up there, but seriously!

Adept Havelock
10-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Well, there was the '04 "Together, We Can" campaign. It was managed almost as effectively.

***SPRAYER
10-30-2008, 09:19 PM
McCain's campaign = A Herman Edwards coached football team

J Diddy
10-30-2008, 09:20 PM

So you're saying the other side was better?

PRIEST
10-30-2008, 09:40 PM
So you're saying the other side was better?

:popcorn:

Rain Man
10-30-2008, 10:30 PM
I made this comment in another thread somewhere. McCain's campaign team cost him the election with what has to be the most poorly conceived campaign strategy ever. They completely removed McCain from the equation and it was a colossal error. All they needed to do was keep comparing McCain's resume to Obama's and they would've won, but they decided instead to go with a "hate" campaign that essentially reframed the election into "Should you vote for Obama?". Horrible, horrible strategy.

All they accomplished was to add to the Republican Party's reputation of being mean.

Taco John
10-30-2008, 11:27 PM
I made this comment in another thread somewhere. McCain's campaign team cost him the election with what has to be the most poorly conceived campaign strategy ever. They completely removed McCain from the equation and it was a colossal error. All they needed to do was keep comparing McCain's resume to Obama's and they would've won, but they decided instead to go with a "hate" campaign that essentially reframed the election into "Should you vote for Obama?". Horrible, horrible strategy.

All they accomplished was to add to the Republican Party's reputation of being mean.

This is exactly what I've been saying in this forum. I can't even give you an accurate picture of what McCain says about abortion. Imagine that! He's run a campaign that is soft on issues, and has put Barack Obama in the spotlight the entire time. It's like they said "hey, this stuff didn't work for Hillary, but it will work for us." Why in the world would they adopt the same losing strategy that cost Clinton the nomination? They bring up all of these connections, and Americans look at it and say, "uh, so what?"

It makes absolutely no sense.

Guru
10-30-2008, 11:28 PM
Nah, anything is better than a Herman Edwards coached football team.

Friendo
10-30-2008, 11:29 PM

when the "inside" post-election story comes out, it will make for interesting reading. fwiw, I think he was up against a lot of forces, but some of the stuff they decided to go with boggles the mind. the media paranoia was particularly screwy--the ONLY times Mac looked decent was the roast, and Larry King, where coincidentally he dropped the wild-eyed paranoid defensiveness. meh, I chalk much of it up to the Republican Party's identity confusion--like you said, the "mean" faction winning out.

"Tell em what they've won Don"! ROFL