PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Covitz: Buc Shots

Tribal Warfare
10-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Buc shots (http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/399)

Here are some tidbits about the Tampa Bay Buccanneers.

NO RUSHING TDs: The Bucs have not allowed an individual back to run for 100 yards nor have they allowed a rushing touchdown this season.

They are the only team that has not allowed a touchdown on the ground.

A big reason is the play of tackles Jovan Haye and Chris Hovan, who have been taking on double teams and allowing playmaking linebackers like Barrett Ruud to tee off on running backs.

"We’ve been emphasizing red zone defense this whole offseason,” Hovan said. “I think our percentages are better and I think that when a team gets in that red zone they know that it’s going to be tougher and we want them to have to attempt a field goal.”

ROAD WOES: The Bucs are 4-0 at Raymond James Stadium but 1-3 on the road, losing three close games. Asked the difference between performances at home and away, coach Jon Gruden said, “About 11 points,” a reference to the combined margin of defeat in the three contests at New Orleans, Denver and Dallas.

The lone road victory came in an overtime win at Chicago.

“They've been close games. It's not like we haven't played good football,” Gruden said. “We've had chances to win all three of the games.”

Reerun_KC
10-30-2008, 10:01 PM
Hum, what do you want to be that Herm will try to run his 4 minute offense late in the game when we are down big? And people will say that his 3 runs and punt stragety is the right call...

Hammock Parties
10-31-2008, 12:31 AM
Wow, Ryan Sims is now part of the rotation on a very stout run defense. Amazing.

I'm so glad we benched Larry for this "we won't be running the ball" stretch. I hate to see him suffer!