PDA

View Full Version : Elections You know how you know when it looks bad for McCain?

Mecca
10-31-2008, 02:54 AM
http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/images/2008/10/30/image001.jpg

Taco John
10-31-2008, 02:59 AM
The confederate flag 'O' adds a touch of hilarity!

Mecca
10-31-2008, 03:01 AM
http://images.politico.com/global/confed%20flag.jpg

PRIEST
10-31-2008, 06:06 AM
Picture worth a thousand( Votes ) words.ROFL

penchief
10-31-2008, 07:07 AM
http://images.politico.com/global/confed%20flag.jpg

That's what I call bringing the country together.

ziggysocki
10-31-2008, 07:28 AM
If Obama can win over rednecks, he may even win over middle eastern leaders.

patteeu
10-31-2008, 08:30 AM
If Obama can win over rednecks, he may even win over middle eastern leaders.

What are you talking about, the ones who dislike America the most are already endorsing him left and right.

irishjayhawk
10-31-2008, 08:31 AM
What are you talking about, the ones who dislike America the most are already endorsing him left and right.

Or the ones that dislike America according to right-wing fear tactics.

BigChiefFan
10-31-2008, 08:49 AM
Wonderful.

RaiderH8r
10-31-2008, 09:14 AM

Barry O's has the Iranian endorsement all wrapped up.

patteeu
10-31-2008, 10:16 AM
Barry O's has the Iranian endorsement all wrapped up.

Yep and Hamas let the cat out of the bag that he's their guy too.

irishjayhawk
10-31-2008, 10:17 AM
Could the Iranian endorsement be because they'd rather talk to him than McCain?

RaiderH8r
10-31-2008, 10:27 AM
Could the Iranian endorsement be because they'd rather talk to him than McCain?

Of course they'd rather talk to Barry because they know Barry O will buckle like cheap lawn furniture to their demands.

Mecca
10-31-2008, 10:29 AM
Really...lets see in the course of this campaign who has buckled under pressure....I'll give you a hint it's the one who said he was suspending his campaign.

irishjayhawk
10-31-2008, 10:29 AM
Of course they'd rather talk to Barry because they know Barry O will buckle like cheap lawn furniture to their demands.

Or, conversely, they think things can be worked out under Obama.

patteeu
10-31-2008, 10:42 AM
Or, conversely, they think things can be worked out under Obama.

That's the same thing he said. Things will work out quite nicely if they don't have to worry about the US under new, feckless leadership.

irishjayhawk
10-31-2008, 10:43 AM
That's the same thing he said. Things will work out quite nicely if they don't have to worry about the US under new, feckless leadership.

From the right-wing fear tactics, it is of no surprise you think I said what he said.

From a different perspective, however, it could be as simple as Obama being easier to talk to, not necessarily meaning he caves to anything.

It's sad that you buy into that crap. Sad but not surprising.

patteeu
10-31-2008, 11:07 AM
From the right-wing fear tactics, it is of no surprise you think I said what he said.

From a different perspective, however, it could be as simple as Obama being easier to talk to, not necessarily meaning he caves to anything.

It's sad that you buy into that crap. Sad but not surprising.

What's your prediction regarding the Iranian ambition to acquire nuclear weapons if Obama gets elected? Do you think they'll succeed or will they abandon the project after Obama talks them down? And if you think they'll abandon it, do you think the US will buying them off with tons of "aid" or the abandonment of Israel in order to get them to do so or will Obama win the concessions with his smooth talk and the promise of a warm, mutually beneficial relationship alone?

irishjayhawk
10-31-2008, 11:13 AM
What's your prediction regarding the Iranian ambition to acquire nuclear weapons if Obama gets elected? Do you think they'll succeed or will they abandon the project after Obama talks them down? And if you think they'll abandon it, do you think the US will buying them off with tons of "aid" or the abandonment of Israel in order to get them to do so or will Obama win the concessions with his smooth talk and the promise of a warm, mutually beneficial relationship alone?

I have no idea. However, it is of no concern to me.

I'd hope that Obama says he'll abandon Israel, but it ain't gonna happen.

Mecca
10-31-2008, 11:14 AM
I have no idea. However, it is of no concern to me.

I'd hope that Obama says he'll abandon Israel, but it ain't gonna happen.

Hey I wish he'd say that too, it's good to know I'm not the only one that thinks that.

ChiefsCountry
10-31-2008, 11:16 AM
Abandon Israel, good grief you guys are really nuts.

Mecca
10-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Abandon Israel, good grief you guys are really nuts.

Why should I give a ballsack about Israel?

ChiefsCountry
10-31-2008, 11:22 AM

Umm they are our allie and most important presecene in the Middle East. Not to mention we kind of helped set that country up.

Mecca
10-31-2008, 11:23 AM
Umm they are our allie and most important presecene in the Middle East. Not to mention we kind of helped set that country up.

You do realize our support of Israel is what creates our middle east problem yes?

Saying you back a country that has been warring with another for centuries makes you their enemy too...it's not good.

It goes back to what I've said before, we wouldn't have some of these issues if we'd just mind our own god damn business. The Muslim world is Isreals problem, we aren't going to solve something that has been going on for centuries don't stick your nose in it.

patteeu
10-31-2008, 11:25 AM
If we could just get rid of the Jews our problems would all go away.

Mecca
10-31-2008, 11:26 AM
Sorry that religion doesn't go into my thoughts on things....

ChiefsCountry
10-31-2008, 11:26 AM
You do realize our support of Israel is what creates our middle east problem yes?

Saying you back a country that has been warring with another for centuries makes you their enemy too...it's not good.

It goes back to what I've said before, we wouldn't have some of these issues if we'd just mind our own god damn business. The Muslim world is Isreals problem, we aren't going to solve something that has been going on for centuries don't stick your nose in it.

Believe what you want but not backing Isarel would be the biggest mistake this country would ever face.

Mecca
10-31-2008, 11:28 AM
Oh yes I forgot we need to be the worlds peace keeper oh and we have to back Israel because the bible tells people it's a good idea.

Sully
10-31-2008, 11:32 AM
Oh yes I forgot we need to be the worlds peace keeper oh and we have to back Israel because the bible tells people it's a good idea.

It's a tough one Mecca.
While it would be nice to say, "Just let them defend themselves," we still have to deal with the Middle East for oil, etc (for the time being), therefore, we have to have some balance of support, but not blind support. One of the many reasons we need to find alternatives to oil...quickly.

Mecca
10-31-2008, 11:34 AM
It's a tough one Mecca.
While it would be nice to say, "Just let them defend themselves," we still have to deal with the Middle East for oil, etc (for the time being), therefore, we have to have some balance of support, but not blind support. One of the many reasons we need to find alternatives to oil...quickly.

Even if we do that we'll continue to back them because the bible tells people we should.

I personally enjoy how religion outweighs logic.

Sully
10-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Even if we do that we'll continue to back them because the bible tells people we should.

I personally enjoy how religion outweighs logic.

Well, I'd disagree with backing them for religious reasons. But right now, I don't think that's the prevailing reason.

Mecca
10-31-2008, 11:39 AM
Well, I'd disagree with backing them for religious reasons. But right now, I don't think that's the prevailing reason.

I think it's the reason we'll always back them no matter what...Israel has done some really deplorable things but we're ok with it just cause.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-31-2008, 11:39 AM
Israel can take care of themselves. They have more than enough nuclear weapons to ensure that no middle eastern country is going to come knocking on their door any time soon.

Ultra Peanut
10-31-2008, 11:41 AM
Believe what you want but not backing Isarel would be the biggest mistake this country would ever face.What negative effects would fall upon us if we didn't place Israel on a pedestal above all other middle-eastern nations?

RaiderH8r
10-31-2008, 11:42 AM

Clearly Barry O's going to show up in Tehran and teach the world to sing in perfect harmony. He'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company.

That's how Barry O's going to deal with Iran and, frankly, I think it's bullet proof.

RaiderH8r
10-31-2008, 11:45 AM
What negative effects would fall upon us if we didn't place Israel on a pedestal above all other middle-eastern nations?

I fear for the person who counts on you to cover their back in a bar fight. YIKES.

More to the point, what does a couple million Palestinians rolling into Israel look like and what ill effects befall the Jews who live there?

RaiderH8r
10-31-2008, 11:47 AM

Or Darfur?

Mecca
10-31-2008, 11:48 AM
Or Darfur?

You are aware that Israel is capable of taking care of themselves.....ah nevermind it's not worth it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-31-2008, 11:49 AM
You are aware that Israel is capable of taking care of themselves.....ah nevermind it's not worth it.

You can't reason with people who are pot committed to dumbassery.

RaiderH8r
10-31-2008, 11:54 AM

Your the one spouting isolationist bullshit, not me.

ChiefsCountry
10-31-2008, 11:58 AM
I'll say the same thing about any our allies or countries we have treaties or agreements with. Thats not being world police, its honoring our word that we gave.

patteeu
10-31-2008, 12:01 PM

I agree with Sully.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-31-2008, 12:02 PM
I'll say the same thing about any our allies or countries we have treaties or agreements with. Thats not being world police, its honoring our word that we gave.

ROFLROFL

If only you knew how many UN resolutions we've just flat out fucked in the ass because of our tunnel vision support of Israel.

Ultra Peanut
10-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Clearly Barry O's going to show up in Tehran and teach the world to sing in perfect harmony. He'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company.

That's how Barry O's going to deal with Iran and, frankly, I think it's bullet proof.Great analysis. LOL HOPE M I RITE

Or Darfur?Uh, the analogue to the situation in Darfur would be that Israel is the oppressor. Maybe you shouldn't mention that if you want to talk about poor, pitiful Israel.

RaiderH8r
10-31-2008, 12:06 PM
Great analysis. LOL HOPE M I RITE

Uh, the analogue to the situation in Darfur would be that Israel is the oppressor. Maybe you shouldn't mention that if you want to talk about poor, pitiful Israel.

You have derailed.

I only bring up Darfur since it is the cause celeb of the liberal movement right now and flies in the face of the isolationist bullshit being spouted by some.

But you're probably right, we shed ourselves of any commitment to Israel and all who live there for the expediency of appeasement. The Neville Chamberlain school of international diplomacy.

FTR I'm all good with rolling into Darfur and blowing some shit up to help folks out.

patteeu
10-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Israel can take care of themselves. They have more than enough nuclear weapons to ensure that no middle eastern country is going to come knocking on their door any time soon.

Your reassurances are pretty hollow in light of the fact that their purported nuclear arsenal is already failing to deter their most belligerent neighbors from making covert war on them as we speak.

Unless what you mean is that after we abandon them they will no longer have any restraint on their actions and they will no longer have any option but to commence a genocidal life or death struggle against their enemies. :shrug:

RaiderH8r
10-31-2008, 12:10 PM
Your reassurances are pretty hollow in light of the fact that their purported nuclear arsenal is already failing to deter their most belligerent neighbors from making covert war on them as we speak.

Unless what you mean is that after we abandon them they will no longer have any restraint on their actions and they will no longer have any option but to commence a genocidal life or death struggle against their enemies. :shrug:

Exactly.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-31-2008, 12:10 PM

Who is making covert war on them? The Palestinians who throw rocks at their tanks while they run them over? The Syrians who spit at their F-15s. Or Lebanon, who fires a couple of shoulder mounted rockets over the border in opposition to their nuclear weapons?

Of course implicit within your statement is a belief that MAD does not work, so I take it that you were a fan of say Curtis LeMay and MacArthur over even Reagan who admitted in '83 that a nuclear war was not winnable.

Bowser
10-31-2008, 12:17 PM
FTR I'm all good with rolling into Darfur and blowing some shit up to help folks out.

First!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sWS-FoXbjVI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sWS-FoXbjVI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

irishjayhawk
10-31-2008, 12:18 PM
It's a tough one Mecca.

Oh, I was unaware that Israel was a key for us getting oil. I always thought the people with the oil disliked Israel but weren't going to let the biggest cow get away without milking it a bit.

irishjayhawk
10-31-2008, 12:19 PM

Wait? Israel is hated by most of the Middle East?

What? When did this happen?

Oh, that's right, it's a religious founded war turned political that has yet to die. Kinda like the tribes in Iraq.

patteeu
10-31-2008, 12:24 PM
Who is making covert war on them? The Palestinians who throw rocks at their tanks while they run them over? The Syrians who spit at their F-15s. Or Lebanon, who fires a couple of shoulder mounted rockets over the border in opposition to their nuclear weapons?

Of course implicit within your statement is a belief that MAD does not work, so I take it that you were a fan of say Curtis LeMay and MacArthur over even Reagan who admitted in '83 that a nuclear war was not winnable.

Where do you think your namesakes get their weapons and resources as just one example? Hezbollah of Lebanon started a war with Israel just a couple of short years ago. If Israel could have peace living side by side with their neighbors, they would have agreed to it years ago. They've been more than generous in their offers to achieve such a peace. Their enemies have no intention nor any desire for such a result and have demonstrated it with their actions.

I do not believe MAD works in all cases. Anyone who does is a fool. In a hypothetical world where Iran acquired nukes, MAD might work to prevent Iran from launching a direct attack on Israel, but I believe it would actually INCREASE their belligerence in the proxy war they already wage as it would provide a deterrent against direct Israeli retaliation.

Edit: BTW, I do not mean to imply that Iran is the only neighbor waging covert war on Israel today. There are many others including factions within the more moderate Arab states.

irishjayhawk
10-31-2008, 12:25 PM
I don't get why we'd care if the ME bombed itself out of existence. We'd just swoop in and grab the liquid gold.

RaiderH8r
10-31-2008, 12:38 PM
I don't get why we'd care if the ME bombed itself out of existence. We'd just swoop in and grab the liquid gold.

That's the sort of statement that would get a Republican severely criticized, marginalized, and ostracized.

irishjayhawk
10-31-2008, 12:39 PM
That's the sort of statement that would get a Republican severely criticized, marginalized, and ostracized.

Yes, it was a half funny, half truthy comment.