PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Engleburger: Of Course Palin is not Ready.

nychief
10-31-2008, 09:42 AM
A former Republican Secretary of State and one of John McCain's most prominent supporters offered a stunningly frank and remarkably bleak assessment of Sarah Palin's capacity to handle the presidency should such a scenario arise.

Lawrence Eagleburger, who served as Secretary of State under George H.W. Bush and whose endorsement is often trumpeted by McCain, said on Thursday that the Alaska governor is not only unprepared to take over the job on a moment's notice but, even after some time in office, would only amount to an "adequate" commander in chief.

"And I devoutly hope that [she] would never be tested," he added for good measure -- referring both to Palin's policy dexterity and the idea of McCain not making it through his time in office. (Listen to audio below.)

The remarks took place during an interview on National Public Radio that was, ironically, billed as "making the case" for a McCain presidency. Asked by the host whether Palin could step in during a time of crisis, Eagleburger reverted to sarcasm before leveling the harsh blow.

"It is a very good question," he said, pausing a few seconds, then adding with a chuckle: "I'm being facetious here. Look, of course not."

Eagleburger explained: "I don't think at the moment she is prepared to take over the reins of the presidency. I can name for you any number of other vice presidents who were not particularly up to it either. So the question, I think, is can she learn and would she be tough enough under the circumstances if she were asked to become president, heaven forbid that that ever takes place?

"Give her some time in the office and I think the answer would be, she will be [pause] adequate. I can't say that she would be a genius in the job. But I think she would be enough to get us through a four year... well I hope not... get us through whatever period of time was necessary. And I devoutly hope that it would never be tested."

The indictment of Palin was all the more biting because both she and McCain have held Eagleburger up repeatedly during the past several weeks as evidence that the Republican ticket has firm standing and support within foreign policy circles. (In fact, McCain conferred with Eagleburger by phone just this week, on matters pertaining to national security.)

whoman69
10-31-2008, 09:51 AM
but I thought that McBush said the first thing he was looking for in a VP candidate is someone who would be ready for the job

patteeu
10-31-2008, 10:00 AM
The indictment of Palin was all the more biting because both she and McCain have held Eagleburger up repeatedly during the past several weeks as evidence that the Republican ticket has firm standing and support within foreign policy circles. (In fact, McCain conferred with Eagleburger by phone just this week, on matters pertaining to national security.)

An even bigger indictment is the indictment of Obama implicit in this story. Despite his views on the Republican VP nominee, Eagleburger unambiguously endorses McCain.

whoman69
10-31-2008, 10:14 AM
An even bigger indictment is the indictment of Obama implicit in this story. Despite his views on the Republican VP nominee, Eagleburger unambiguously endorses McCain.

Doing a good job of it by saying that McBush's first big decision as a potential POTUS is a total disaster.

NY CHIEF
10-31-2008, 10:18 AM
OH And obamas ready ROFL

ROYC75
10-31-2008, 11:08 AM
Mr Eagleburger was being honest about her and compared her to other VP's. Several had to gather experience going in to be ready. I see no problem with this, other than the what if game, if this, if that should happen.

We get Obame right off the bat, What if this happens, or even that. We get a POTUS that has to learn, to make judgment ( there's a scary one with his past known associates) decisions from day one instead of a VPOTUS that gets to watch and learn.

jidar
10-31-2008, 11:16 AM
OH And obamas ready ROFL

I interpret that rofl as more of a nervous deflection.

patteeu
10-31-2008, 11:17 AM
Doing a good job of it by saying that McBush's first big decision as a potential POTUS is a total disaster.

He didn't even say it was a disaster, much less a total disaster. In fact, he said he could name numerous former VPs who fall into the same category in which he places Palin.

patteeu
10-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Mr Eagleburger was being honest about her and compared her to other VP's. Several had to gather experience going in to be ready. I see no problem with this, other than the what if game, if this, if that should happen.

We get Obame right off the bat, What if this happens, or even that. We get a POTUS that has to learn, to make judgment ( there's a scary one with his past known associates) decisions from day one instead of a VPOTUS that gets to watch and learn.

I just hope the test comes early enough that he hasn't had time to gut the military yet.

dirk digler
10-31-2008, 11:20 AM

With McCain's age he could die at the drop of a hat. So the pick is increasingly more important than a typical VP pick.

irishjayhawk
10-31-2008, 11:20 AM
I still don't get what it takes to be "ready" for the Presidency.

The GOP says Obama doesn't have executive experience and that any crisis will be his first crisis IN THE OVAL OFFICE CHAIR.

Seems to me McCain doesn't have any of that experience either and it'd be his first crisis too.

So, please, people, tell me what he needed to be "qualified" or "ready" for the Presidency.

irishjayhawk
10-31-2008, 11:21 AM
With McCain's age he could die at the drop of a hat. So the pick is increasingly more important than a typical VP pick.

Yep.

dirk digler
10-31-2008, 11:27 AM
Yep.

Hell I could see the scenario where McCain wins on Tuesday and is shocked and has a heart attack and dies and then Palin becomes POTUS.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if that happened.

OnTheWarpath58
10-31-2008, 11:49 AM
Hell I could see the scenario where McCain wins on Tuesday and is shocked and has a heart attack and dies and then Palin becomes POTUS.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if that happened.

Technically, Palin wouldn't automatically become POTUS.

The electorate doesn't officially cast their votes until the middle of December. (Don't remember the date off the top of my head)

Mecca
10-31-2008, 11:51 AM

Guess what experience isn't the end all be all but you know what is, having a 1st class mind with the ability to do the job..

Can anyone in their right mind argue that Obama is not much more intelligent than Palin is.

dirk digler
10-31-2008, 12:59 PM
Technically, Palin wouldn't automatically become POTUS.

The electorate doesn't officially cast their votes until the middle of December. (Don't remember the date off the top of my head)

Interesting point. I wonder what would happen in that case?

ROYC75
10-31-2008, 01:02 PM

Not wishing ill will here, Obama could get shot, Biden gets a heart attack ( age ) and we have NANCY . :eek:

We all better pray nothing happens.

Mecca
10-31-2008, 01:03 PM
Not wishing ill will here, Obama could get shot, Biden gets a heart attack ( age ) and we have ? :eek:

I'm going to go out on a real big limb here and say there's a better chance a guy who's 72 years old with his background is alot more likely to die than Obama is to get shot.

irishjayhawk
10-31-2008, 01:24 PM
Not wishing ill will here, Obama could get shot, Biden gets a heart attack ( age ) and we have NANCY . :eek:

I didn't realize that 2<1.

Calcountry
10-31-2008, 01:27 PM
With McCain's age he could die at the drop of a hat. So the pick is increasingly more important than a typical VP pick.Damn you dirk, its MCBUSH!!!11

|Zach|
10-31-2008, 01:30 PM
I like Palin.

She came in and energized a base that was already going to vote for McCain and brought a spotlight to some of the head shaking fringe elements of the party.

She also turned off independents big time.

I got a laugh today when McCain had to go off message to answer a question skepticism with his VPs ability to be a potential VP.

She has given Obama a golden ticket in this race.

http://stewf.blogs.com/stewflog/images/golden-ticket.jpg

Carlota69
10-31-2008, 01:38 PM
Guess what experience isn't the end all be all but you know what is, having a 1st class mind with the ability to do the job..

Can anyone in their right mind argue that Obama is not much more intelligent than Palin is.

Or McCain for that matter. McCain graduated at the bottom of his class, Palin has a BA in journalism. Obama, OTOH, graduated at the top of his class at Harvard. Obama, intelligence wise, is by far the smartest candidate. Can't imagine how anyone could argue that, but I'm sure the arguement is coming.....

HolmeZz
10-31-2008, 01:52 PM
OH And obamas ready ROFL

nychief > NY CHIEF

jAZ
10-31-2008, 04:50 PM
Looks like someone in the McCain took Eagleburger to the woodshed.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3hgX0JLWE5c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3hgX0JLWE5c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ROYC75
10-31-2008, 06:44 PM
Looks like someone in the McCain took Eagleburger to the woodshed.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3hgX0JLWE5c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3hgX0JLWE5c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He also took Obama down with his comments, ya know, he is right, Obama doesn't have any executive experience, other than a failed Annenburg and Woods project that had his ties to Bill Ayers and rev. Wright.

We are about to get a POTUS that doesn't care about the people he associates with.

RJ
10-31-2008, 06:47 PM

So his comments were actually a positive for McCain?

Mr. Laz
10-31-2008, 07:50 PM
Eagleburger explained: "I don't think at the moment she is prepared to take over the reins of the presidency. I can name for you any number of other vice presidents who were not particularly up to it either. So the question, I think, is can she learn and would she be tough enough under the circumstances if she were asked to become president, heaven forbid that that ever takes place?

fair enough .... at least it's honest

better than the babbling bunch of bullshit that the rest of the GOP has been trying to pass off as logic.

HC_Chief
10-31-2008, 07:58 PM
Funny, especially considering she has more executive experience than BHO

Mecca
10-31-2008, 08:00 PM

Look I'm not trying to be an asshole here but do you really believe being the governor of tiny populated Alaska is a solid qualification?

Mr. Laz
10-31-2008, 08:03 PM
are you serious?

Mecca
10-31-2008, 08:04 PM
are you serious?

That's why I responded the way I did, I really want to know if he really believes that or if it just a talking point to throw out.

HC_Chief
10-31-2008, 08:05 PM
are you serious?

Mayor, Governor, versus 150 days as Senator and "community organizer".

Not even close. Palin has actual EXECUTIVE experience. BHO is an empty suit.

Mecca
10-31-2008, 08:07 PM

For the love of christ.....I'm pretty sure 99% of this board could do what she did judging by her intelligence level.

HC_Chief
10-31-2008, 08:08 PM
For the love of christ.....I'm pretty sure 99% of this board could do what she did judging by her intelligence level.

Uh huh. I'm sure you'd excel at it.

not

Mecca
10-31-2008, 08:10 PM
Are you going to now defend the huge amount of stupid things she's said...cmon do it this'll be fun.

HC_Chief
10-31-2008, 08:14 PM
Are you going to now defend the huge amount of stupid things she's said...cmon do it this'll be fun.

Deflect and change the subject. Check.

Too predictable.

If you're such a genious, move your ASS up to Alaska and defeat her in the next gubernatorial race. (that is, if she doesn't end up VP)

You turds talk a lot of shit, but as usual you have neither the intellect nor the personality to actually pull through on anything. Well, maybe you'll get some rep from other posters on a KC Chiefs football board for your <i>scathing</i> analysis. :D

Mr. Laz
10-31-2008, 08:21 PM
Deflect and change the subject. Check.

Too predictable.

If you're such a genious, move your ASS up to Alaska and defeat her in the next gubernatorial race. (that is, if she doesn't end up VP)

You turds talk a lot of shit, but as usual you have neither the intellect nor the personality to actually pull through on anything. Well, maybe you'll get some rep from other posters on a KC Chiefs football board for your scathing analysis. :D
well there it it

the true arrogance of a republican ..... bravo!! :clap:

HC_Chief
10-31-2008, 08:24 PM
well there it it

"Have the gall to actually question THE ONE? Label as "wingnut", "McCain lover", "republican". Check.

Again, predictable. That's why it stings when I say you turds have neither the intellect not character to do anything but talk (weak) shit online. You would get embarrassed in a debate with "the idiot" Palin. She'd kick your ass three ways to Sunday. You would want to die. Hell, I'd pay to watch that... it would be hilarious.

FTR, I'm not a republican, dumbass. I voted... for Barr. (like it matters, KS is guaranteed to go to McCain)

Mecca
10-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Would she embarrass me by winking and not really answering any questions?

HC_Chief
10-31-2008, 08:28 PM
Would she embarrass me by winking and not really answering any questions?

hehe, maybe :)

Biden is a wily old dog and she held her own with him.

Mecca
10-31-2008, 08:29 PM

He's alot nicer than I am, if someone is talking to me and they keep avoiding questions I generally respond with "the question dumbass"

Mr. Laz
10-31-2008, 08:31 PM
if "executive experience" was THE priority i could go down the the guy who runs the local walmart store and get an experience "boss"

we are talking about vice president here

we need World political experience, Big View ideas,Foreign Policy experience. Hell i've had around 400 people work FOR ME at any given time ...... which is probably more than she did in Alaska.

Sign me up for VP ...... w00t!!!!!!!!!!!

no .... executive experience is just a trumped up way of saying she had to be the boss of something and that does mean shit when comes to being VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Mr. Laz
10-31-2008, 08:34 PM

only with a mental midget like yourself and your bias republican brethren

she refuse to even ANSWER the questions asked because she didn't know what they hell she was talking about.

it was a debate and she recited a stump speech that her handlers had a few weeks to get her to remember.

debate ....... she didn't even DEBATE anything.

there was no win or lose because she didn't even play

HC_Chief
10-31-2008, 08:34 PM
if "executive experience" was THE priority i could go down the the guy who runs the local walmart store and get an experience "boss"

we need World political experience, Big View ideas,Foreign Policy experience. Hell i've had around 400 people work FOR ME at any given time ...... which is probably more than she did in Alaska.

no .... executive experience is just a trumped up way of saying she had to be the boss of something and that does mean shit when comes to being VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

And facts still dictate she has more executive experience than BHO. And she's running for VP; BHO's running for PRESIDENT.

Despite what Cheney may think, VP doesn't really do much. Presidents, on the other hand, have quite a bit of power. Especially when Supreme Court Justices retire.

Mecca
10-31-2008, 08:37 PM
The difference here is people actually voted for Obama where as Palin was chosen by 1 person.

Mr. Laz
10-31-2008, 08:39 PM
And facts still dictate she has more executive experience than BHO. And she's running for VP; BHO's running for PRESIDENT.

Despite what Cheney may think, VP doesn't really do much. Presidents, on the other hand, have quite a bit of power. Especially when Supreme Court Justices retire.
now who's ignoring reality and deflecting because they are just pulling shit out of their ass....

who cares if she is almost completely unqualified ..... she ran a Podunk office is Podunkville with a population the size of suburb in anywhere u.s.a.

puleeze

you wanna talk about a turd ..... you're trying desperate to polish one right now.

HC_Chief
10-31-2008, 08:44 PM
The difference here is people actually voted for Obama where as Palin was chosen by 1 person.

I cannot deny the cult of personality.

Personally, I think he is an empty suit. Full of promises and happy smile rainbows, but a revolutionary wannabe at heart.

With Pelosi, a complete frigging idiot, presiding over congress, plus a "viva revolucion!" president sitting in the White House, a lot of damage can be done... and quickly. Worse than that, BHO may actually have the opporunity to appoint extreme supreme court justices.... the kind who think their duty is to <i>legislate</i> form the bench.

Best case scenario, we end up with an old fart with a solid military background + dem congress (read: gridlock), versus an extremist left wing executive + legislative branch & a supreme court that grants them free reign to piss on the constitution.

Mecca
10-31-2008, 08:46 PM
You do realize what supreme court justices are likely to move on right, it's not the conservative ones....

Why should the entire supreme court be made up of conservatives?

HC_Chief
10-31-2008, 08:47 PM
now who's ignoring reality and deflecting because they are just pulling shit out of their ass....

who cares if she is almost completely unqualified ..... she ran a Podunk office is Podunkville with a population the size of suburb in anywhere u.s.a.

puleeze

you wanna talk about a turd ..... you're trying desperate to polish one right now.

Again, you cannot deny the FACTS so you make excuses. "Well, umm, uhh, Alaska is po-dunk anyway! Yeah, it's po-dunk and she's a dumb-dumb poopy-head!"

I know she wasn't a big, important, <i>community organizer</i> (read; guy who staples fliers to light posts and bulletin boards at the local community college) & all, but she <i>has</i> actually fulfilled an executive role more than once. (note: even once would be more than BHO has held an executive role)

HC_Chief
10-31-2008, 08:48 PM
You do realize what supreme court justices are likely to move on right, it's not the conservative ones....

Why should the entire supreme court be made up of conservatives?

If they are CONSTITUTIONAL conservatives, it would be best for the country.

warrior
10-31-2008, 08:50 PM

Where did you get those numbers guy John McBush.

Obama served in State Senate from 97 to 04.

Obama has served as US Senator from Jan 05 to present.

You should go back to school take some math classes. :rolleyes:

HC_Chief
10-31-2008, 08:54 PM

I stand corrected re: his time as Senator.

He still has zero executive experience.

warrior
10-31-2008, 08:58 PM

puleeze

HC thinks being Mayor of an over size trailer park is executive experience.

ROFLROFLROFL

Tiger's Fan
10-31-2008, 08:58 PM

And yet, with all those additional years in the state senate, I still don't see any "executive experience". Since thats what this comes down to, correct?

HC_Chief
10-31-2008, 08:59 PM
HC thinks being Mayor of an over size trailer park is executive experience.

ROFLROFLROFL

And yet, still more executive experience than BHO has. D'oh, stings, no?

warrior
10-31-2008, 09:01 PM
I stand corrected re: his time as Senator.

He still has zero executive experience.

Look guy CNN did a fact check on their experience Obama won. nuff said.

:thumb:

Mecca
10-31-2008, 09:02 PM
Eagleburger is also the guy who doing an interview on MSNBC one morning Lawrence O'Donnell made him look like a complete idiot.

Tiger's Fan
10-31-2008, 09:03 PM

Because CNN has no horse in this race.

warrior
10-31-2008, 09:05 PM
And yet, still more executive experience than BHO has. D'oh, stings, no?

Are you in denial or just stupid, check your facts.

:rolleyes:

Tiger's Fan
10-31-2008, 09:05 PM
Eagleburger is also the guy who doing an interview on MSNBC one morning Lawrence O'Donnell made him look like a complete idiot.

By the composition of your sentence, I'd say you're an authority on the subject of "complete idiot".

HC_Chief
10-31-2008, 09:07 PM

Won what? The FACT is the dude has ZERO executive experience. None. Nada. Zippo. Hell, he doesn't even run his own campaign (no slight to the man there, there are professional assholes to fulfill that role ;))

Again, Palin is attacked for being an idiot and a "scary proposition" as she <i>might</i> be president if McCain were to croak, while BHO is running for PRESIDENT with LESS executive esperience than the aforementioned Palin. The irony in that argument is f*cking delicious. :D

Mecca
10-31-2008, 09:09 PM
If anyone listens to Palin speak and think she's ready to be President I feel sorry for them.

warrior
10-31-2008, 09:09 PM
Because CNN has no horse in this race.

what the hell you talking about. Is that you sarah?

HC_Chief
10-31-2008, 09:10 PM
Are you in denial or just stupid, check your facts.

:rolleyes:

Again, what "facts" are you referring to?

Mayor? Check.
Governor? Check.

Mayor & Governor = executive positions? Derrrrrr, check.

BHO = Community organizer. Check.
State Senator. Check.
US Senator. Check.

Community Organizer, State Senator, US Senator = executive position? DUH. No.

Methinks you suffer from rectal-cranial inversion.

warrior
10-31-2008, 09:13 PM
Won what? The FACT is the dude has ZERO executive experience. None. Nada. Zippo. Hell, he doesn't even run his own campaign (no slight to the man there, there are professional assholes to fulfill that role ;))

Again, Palin is attacked for being an idiot and a "scary proposition" as she <i>might</i> be president if McCain were to croak, while BHO is running for PRESIDENT with LESS executive esperience than the aforementioned Palin. The irony in that argument is f*cking delicious. :D

Apparently facts mean nothing to you. Swallow the kool Aid.

HC_Chief
10-31-2008, 09:14 PM

Holy crap, you really have no mind at all, do you? Blind homer. I would feel sorry for you if I didn't despise your stupidity.

Tiger's Fan
10-31-2008, 09:14 PM

The sad part is that people like this vote.

warrior
10-31-2008, 09:15 PM
Again, what "facts" are you referring to?

Mayor? Check.
Governor? Check.

Mayor & Governor = executive positions? Derrrrrr, check.

BHO = Community organizer. Check.
State Senator. Check.
US Senator. Check.

Community Organizer, State Senator, US Senator = executive position? DUH. No.

Methinks you suffer from rectal-cranial inversion.

Methinks you are positively retarded.LMAO

morphius
10-31-2008, 09:16 PM
When Obama said he wanted to go to war with Russia over their battles with Georgia, I figured he probably isn't ready either, but eh, I digress. I don't think anyone is ever really ready.

warrior
10-31-2008, 09:17 PM
Holy crap, you really have no mind at all, do you? Blind homer. I would feel sorry for you if I didn't despise your stupidity.

Your retarded read your own post.

HC_Chief
10-31-2008, 09:18 PM
The sad part is that people like this vote.

No doubt.

Blind partisans and the willfully ignorant; an unfortunate few.

Mecca
10-31-2008, 09:19 PM
No doubt.

Blind partisans and the willfully ignorant; an unfortunate few.

You have read alot of the conservative posts on this forum correct...

HC_Chief
10-31-2008, 09:20 PM
You have read alot of the conservative posts on this forum correct...

And most of the liberal as well.

Amnorix
10-31-2008, 10:30 PM

THAT is some impressive spin. I bow to a master.

ROYC75
10-31-2008, 11:06 PM

So BO has all of this ? I see that Palin is neck and neck with him, they both have ideas, they both have no foreign policy experience, and both have no wold political experience.

But yet Palin does have her experience of a personal business, mayor experience , governor experience,school board / education experience.

Obama has community organizing experiences,voter registration experiences with ACORN ,writing books,filling an empty seat while in the Senate, shady friends associations experiences, and a world tour setup in celebrity fashion PR style.

Next question ?

Mecca
10-31-2008, 11:08 PM
Do you understand the difference in a smart man who was educated at Harvard and a woman who doesn't understand simple things?

ROYC75
10-31-2008, 11:24 PM
Do you understand the difference in a smart man who was educated at Harvard and a woman who doesn't understand simple things?

Yep, do you understand too that one must exercise good common sense when making decisions ? Obo sure done a lot of this when he chose to run with the likes of ACORN,Wright, Resko,Ayers, Khalidi, the list is very long.

I do not trust his word when he lies and deflects about his associations. I've seen him lie about his campaign finance, took advantage of a loophole
to take in millions more money that was untraceable to be in a better position to win. I've seen him make a poor comment about the Russian / Georgia conflict.

In the business world I live in, we have to trust one another, your word and how you conduct yourself is your reputation. Obama does not practice this at all. The government has to be ran like a business.

I told a customer last Nov. that I wasn't doing anymore business with them, they were 60% of my income because of the shady things he was doing and the lies. They are still in business, still doing the same thing, their reputation is growing and they are eventually going to run out of options.

Sure it was hit on us, but what good is a man if he lies and cheats ?

Now I know you will come right back to McCain on this, so I will answer it for you. He is the lesser of the 2 evils IMHO.

Simple things ? You betcha, she does. I think it's you that doesn't understand the simple things. I'm willing to bet she knows a lot more than you. You and I together for that matter.

irishjayhawk
11-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Yep, do you understand too that one must exercise good common sense when making decisions ? Obo sure done a lot of this when he chose to run with the likes of ACORN,Wright, Resko,Ayers, Khalidi, the list is very long.

I do not trust his word when he lies and deflects about his associations. I've seen him lie about his campaign finance, took advantage of a loophole
to take in millions more money that was untraceable to be in a better position to win. I've seen him make a poor comment about the Russian / Georgia conflict.

In the business world I live in, we have to trust one another, your word and how you conduct yourself is your reputation. Obama does not practice this at all. The government has to be ran like a business.

I told a customer last Nov. that I wasn't doing anymore business with them, they were 60% of my income because of the shady things he was doing and the lies. They are still in business, still doing the same thing, their reputation is growing and they are eventually going to run out of options.

Sure it was hit on us, but what good is a man if he lies and cheats ?

Now I know you will come right back to McCain on this, so I will answer it for you. He is the lesser of the 2 evils IMHO.

Simple things ? You betcha, she does. I think it's you that doesn't understand the simple things. I'm willing to bet she knows a lot more than you. You and I together for that matter.

She definitely knows more than you. However, I'm sure I have a better grasp of government, rights, and all around politics than Palin. And I'm not close to being a politics guru. Nor am I running for office.

irishjayhawk
11-01-2008, 12:14 AM
If anyone listens to Palin speak and think she's ready to be President I feel sorry for them.

Them?!?!

I weep for America.

patteeu
11-01-2008, 09:18 AM
well there it it

He's not the numbskull fantasizing that he could easily step in and do the Governor of Alaska's job with no problem.

patteeu
11-01-2008, 09:21 AM

ROFL