PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Palin: Moron

nychief
10-31-2008, 01:22 PM
On a conservative radio interview that aired in Washington, D.C. Friday morning, Republican vice presidential nominee Gov. Sarah Palin said she fears her First Amendment rights may be threatened by "attacks" from reporters who suggest she is engaging in a negative campaign against Barack Obama.

Palin told WMAL-AM that her criticism of Obama's associations, like those with 1960s radical Bill Ayers and the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, should not be considered negative attacks. Rather, for reporters or columnists to suggest that it is going negative may constitute an attack that threatens a candidate's free speech rights under the Constitution, Palin said.

"If [the media] convince enough voters that that is negative campaigning, for me to call Barack Obama out on his associations," Palin told host Chris Plante, "then I don't know what the future of our country would be in terms of First Amendment rights and our ability to ask questions without fear of attacks by the mainstream media."

BIG_DADDY
10-31-2008, 01:24 PM
Hours before the election and your still hung up on Palin. LMAO

Pitt Gorilla
10-31-2008, 01:25 PM
Holy crap, she has to be kidding. I honestly don't know what to say. Just, no way.

BIG_DADDY
10-31-2008, 01:27 PM
Holy crap, she has to be kidding. I honestly don't know what to say. Just, no way.

Why not throw out the 1st amendment, Obama would already like to toss the 2nd.

Mecca
10-31-2008, 01:28 PM

Gubment gonna take muh guns!

Pitt Gorilla
10-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Why not throw out the 1st amendment, Obama would already like to toss the 2nd.I think you're smarter than this, but I'll explain any way; she apparently has no idea what the first amendment says or means.

Mecca
10-31-2008, 01:29 PM
I think you're smarter than this, but I'll explain any way; she apparently has no idea what the first amendment says or means.

Nah man that doesn't matter. It is really not important what a complete dipshit she is.

jAZ
10-31-2008, 01:32 PM
So is all of America.

She's cost McCain the swing vote in this election.

jAZ
10-31-2008, 01:33 PM

Now you are being an idiot. Come one BD. You are a rational man.

warrior
10-31-2008, 01:35 PM
Open mouth insert foot. :D

donkhater
10-31-2008, 01:36 PM
Open mouth insert foot. :D

I had to reread the title of the thread. Is this a thread about Palin or Biden?

jettio
10-31-2008, 01:38 PM
Wow, if Palin said that then she does not understand the bill of rights at all.

Bowser
10-31-2008, 01:38 PM

After that, Obama will use his God-given right of Prima Nocte, and breed out all the conservatives.

Bowser
10-31-2008, 01:39 PM
I had to reread the title of the thread. Is this a thread about Palin or Biden?

I'd be willing to bet money Biden understands the first amendment. After reading Palin's comments, I'm not sure I'd take that bet with her.

Amnorix
10-31-2008, 01:47 PM
Palin is a genious...

nychief
10-31-2008, 01:54 PM

She is practically subverbal and your candidate looks like a walking corpse.

Taco John
10-31-2008, 01:54 PM
Apparently, anyone can become governor of Alaska. And the more I think about it, how hard could it be to be governor of Alaska? The more I learn about Mrs. Palin, the more I think I could do it as a side-gig.

Taco John
10-31-2008, 01:56 PM
After that, Obama will use his God-given right of Prima Nocte, and breed out all the conservatives.

hahaha! Busting out the ole' Prima Nocte reference.

It's good to be king.

Uncle_Ted
10-31-2008, 02:05 PM

Um, she's on the ballot ... :rolleyes:

whoman69
10-31-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm going to love it when she is the Republican nominee in 2012. The party needs new blood, but she should not be it. Palin-Romney 2012

nychief
10-31-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm going to love it when she is the Republican nominee in 2012. The party needs new blood, but she should not be it. Palin-Romney 2012

She will doom the Republicans to being the party of rural whites - who are a minority soon.

The country has changed....

jidar
10-31-2008, 04:56 PM
Everyone has pointed out how this is not a free speech issue already, I'll go ahead and add that she also apparently doesn't understand the definition of negative campaigning.

Honestly to me that's the bigger gaffe.

Saying something about the other guy that is bad as opposed to saying good things about yourself, that's negative campaigning. How could it be anything else? Of course the media is going to call a spade a spade. How dumb is she?

whatsmynameagain
10-31-2008, 05:39 PM
How dumb is she?

Lets not find out

Baby Lee
10-31-2008, 05:46 PM
I assume you have the same disdain for all those people who've complained on here over the past eight years about 'stifling dissent' and the thwarting of the first amendment rights of whatever snarky celebrity waxed poetic, because people were vocal in their disagreement?

Logical
10-31-2008, 05:49 PM
Why not throw out the 1st amendment, Obama would already like to toss the 2nd.Link, and more than just limiting certain types of weapons in an urban environment where they don't make sense?

Logical
10-31-2008, 05:51 PM
Apparently, anyone can become governor of Alaska. And the more I think about it, how hard could it be to be governor of Alaska? The more I learn about Mrs. Palin, the more I think I could do it as a side-gig.

Can you say "ya betcha"

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2008, 05:53 PM

Do you not see that she's a moron? Seriously?

Pitt Gorilla
10-31-2008, 08:44 PM
I assume you have the same disdain for all those people who've complained on here over the past eight years about 'stifling dissent' and the thwarting of the first amendment rights of whatever snarky celebrity waxed poetic, because people were vocal in their disagreement?Do you care to comment on her statement? I mean, I would assume you think it is crazier and more relevant than the stuff to which you are referring.

Smed1065
10-31-2008, 08:47 PM
No, she shoots a gun "hunting".

HC_Chief
10-31-2008, 08:49 PM
Do you care to comment on her statement? I mean, I would assume you think it is crazier and more relevant than the stuff to which you are referring.

I think I get what she is saying. The media has unprecedented power right now: the power to shape opinion as they see fit. Make a statement they don't like (be it liberal, conservative, or otherwise), and be attacked & drowned out in a torrent of "reporter's perspective".

We have more "media coverage" than ever in the history of the world (as far as any of us know), yet the least journalistic integrity (at least, in my lifetime). Media coverage any more is so stilted and biased that it hardly suffices for "journalism" at all. Objectivity? Are you f*cking kidding? Depends on which persuasions' "objectivity" you're looking for.

Mecca
10-31-2008, 08:51 PM
Well that's nice and all but what she said is stupid...freedom of speech is about protecting the media from the government not the other way around.

Pitt Gorilla
10-31-2008, 08:51 PM
I think I get what she is saying. The media has unprecedented power right now: the power to shape opinion as they see fit. Make a statement they don't like (be it liberal, conservative, or otherwise), and be attacked & drowned out in a torrent of "reporter's perspective".

We have more "media coverage" than ever in the history of the world (as far as any of us know), yet the least journalistic integrity (at least, in my lifetime). Media coverage any more is so stilted and biased that it hardly suffices for "journalism" at all. Objectivity? Are you f*cking kidding? Depends on which persuasions' "objectivity" you're looking for.None of that impacts her ability to say what she wants to say. One can say just about anything one wants to say; they just have to deal with the consequences.

HC_Chief
10-31-2008, 08:58 PM
None of that impacts her ability to say what she wants to say. One can say just about anything one wants to say; they just have to deal with the consequences.

"The consequences" are exactly what she is referring to. Dare to say anything that doesn't jive with a media producer's agenda, and suffer attacks w/o the opportunity to counter.

Pitt Gorilla
10-31-2008, 09:01 PM
"The consequences" are exactly what she is referring to. Dare to say anything that doesn't jive with a media producer's agenda, and suffer attacks w/o the opportunity to counter.Absolutely, but that has nothing to do with her first amendment rights.

HC_Chief
10-31-2008, 09:06 PM
Absolutely, but that has nothing to do with her first amendment rights.

True. I'm not sure if that was an intentional evocation or syntactical error. If the former, then worthy of criticism, however the assumption of her "stupidity" indicates the latter, and therefore, nitpicking. ;)

Smed1065
10-31-2008, 09:08 PM
True. I'm not sure if that was an intentional evocation or syntactical error. If the former, then worthy of criticism, however the assumption of her "stupidity" indicates the latter, and therefore, nitpicking. ;) Nitpicking a stupid VP? ROFL

ROYC75
10-31-2008, 10:37 PM
Caught up in the moment ? You betcha, She goofed on that one and used the 1st the wrong way.

I'm not worried,politicians make gaffs all the time.

Enjoy it , Spin as you please .

Thig Lyfe
10-31-2008, 10:48 PM
Caught up in the moment ? You betcha, She goofed on that one and used the 1st the wrong way.

YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

THERE'S NO SPIN.

SHE DIDN'T "GOOF." THIS ISN'T A "GAFFE."

THIS IS A FUNDAMENTAL FUCKING MISUNDERSTANDING OF THE FIRST FUCKING AMENDMENT OF THE MOTHERFUCKING CONSTITUTION, YOU BACKWOODS BUMBLEFUCK.

JESUS CHRIST, YOU'RE EVEN DUMBER THAN SARAH FUCKING PALIN.

irishjayhawk
10-31-2008, 11:11 PM

If that's a gaffe, what's genuine lack of understanding?

wazu
10-31-2008, 11:35 PM
Apparently, anyone can become governor of Alaska.

Yes, but only the truly elite can be a freshman Senator from the Chicago Democrat political machine.

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2008, 11:48 PM
Yes, but only the truly elite can be a freshman Senator from the Chicago Democrat political machine.

Then go ahead and run for office.

I'm sure you'll be President in no time.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-31-2008, 11:50 PM

I take it you're still draining your balls to this imbecile?

wazu
10-31-2008, 11:50 PM
Then go ahead and run for office.

I'm sure you'll be President in no time.

Yes. And feel free to name yourself Governor of Alaska.

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2008, 11:51 PM
I think I get what she is saying. The media has unprecedented power right now: the power to shape opinion as they see fit.

Wrong.

Due to the advent of the internet, EVERYONE has a voice. Everyone on Chiefsplanet, everyone that Shiteater links, everyone PERIOD.

It's what you CHOSE to believe, as always, that shapes an opinion.

It's not different than sitting around a radio in the 20's and 30's.

Or television in the 50's, 60's or 70's.

It's up to YOU to decide what's right and what's wrong.

Not the "media".

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2008, 11:52 PM
Yes. And feel free to name yourself Governor of Alaska.

I'm governor of Los Angeles already,

No time for my Eskimo friends.

Baby Lee
11-01-2008, 06:09 AM
Do you care to comment on her statement? I mean, I would assume you think it is crazier and more relevant than the stuff to which you are referring.

It's exactly the same as the stuff to which I was referring. That was kind of the point. A good number of those who read this thread and said "stupid effing bitch doesn't understand the first amendment!!!!" have in the past exclaimed "I thought we had a first amendment!!!" when other people's remarks were criticized.

whatsmynameagain
11-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Do you not see that she's a moron? Seriously?

Dane, BIRDS OF A FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER. Big daddy is a Big dummy

HolmeZz
11-01-2008, 11:00 AM
"The consequences" are exactly what she is referring to. Dare to say anything that doesn't jive with a media producer's agenda, and suffer attacks w/o the opportunity to counter.

I think you just described Fox News.

And that still has nothing to do with the suppression of first amendment rights. Ironically, freedom of the press IS what's in the actual first amendment.