PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Obo kicks beat writers off his plane .....

ROYC75
10-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Obama today tells Dallas Morning News, NY Post and The Wash. Times that they get the boot from the plane for backing McCain.ROFL

ChiefsLV
10-31-2008, 02:02 PM
Hmm, why did he allow Fox News to stay then? Better re-check your slant.

Woodrow Call
10-31-2008, 02:03 PM
McCain would never do this.

Sincerely
Maureen Dowd

dirk digler
10-31-2008, 02:04 PM
McCain has been doing this for months. He has barred several reporters from getting a seat because he doesn't like them.

Big deal

Pitt Gorilla
10-31-2008, 02:06 PM
McCain has been doing this for months. He has barred several reporters from getting a seat because he doesn't like them.

Big dealI'm sure roy posted about those as well.

ROYC75
10-31-2008, 02:16 PM
The excuses now is they need the seats when the writers had been with them ever since his campaign started. Now the paper endorses a candidate and it's time to leave......

So much for free press .......

As for McCain, I recall many around the world laughed when it happened.

dirk digler
10-31-2008, 02:18 PM
The excuses now is they need the seats when the writers had been with them ever since his campaign started. Now the paper endorses a candidate and it's time to leave......

As for McCain, I recall many around the world laughed when it happened.

I don't remember anybody starting a thread about it but I could be wrong

Baby Lee
11-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Ebony, Essence and Vibe??!! Seriously?!

BucEyedPea
11-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Ebony, Essence and Vibe??!! Seriously?!

Black Liberation Theology is comin'!

Uncle_Ted
11-02-2008, 01:14 PM

I propose we get a distinguished constitutional scholar to resolve this important First Amendment issue ... quick, get Sarah Palin on the phone!!! ROFL

Needing extra space for black publications to cover the possible (likely?) election of our first black president seems pretty reasonable to me. If his campaign chose which reporters to boot based on which papers endorsed McCain, that does seem a bit petty. But in my view it's a mere venial sin compared to the abuses of the last 8 years (or to Palin's relative isolation from the mainstream press during this campaign). It doesn't excuse it in my mind .. it's just hard for me to get too worked up over it.

DaKCMan AP
11-02-2008, 01:25 PM
I don't remember anybody starting a thread about it but I could be wrong

Surely Roy created a thread about it. He's fair and balanced. If he calls out Obama for something I'd expect someone as moderate and neutral as Roy to call out McCain for doing the same thing. ;)

ROYC75
11-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Surely Roy created a thread about it. He's fair and balanced. If he calls out Obama for something I'd expect someone as moderate and neutral as Roy to call out McCain for doing the same thing. ;)

Wanna try again ?

Chiefshrink
11-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Too much focus on Obama vs Fox News(Sean Hannity) he can't kick them off because then that is toooooooooooooo obvious and Obama wants to look diplomatic but I tell you from a therapist perspective this guy O has very,very, very thin skin. The Alfred Smith dinner showed that clearly. Obama sucked because he can't laugh at himself very easy.

Iowanian
11-02-2008, 10:14 PM
I guess he stopped hoping to change them.

quitter.

|Zach|
11-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Too much focus on Obama vs Fox News(Sean Hannity) he can't kick them off because then that is toooooooooooooo obvious and Obama wants to look diplomatic but I tell you from a therapist perspective this guy O has very,very, very thin skin. The Alfred Smith dinner showed that clearly. Obama sucked because he can't laugh at himself very easy.

Yes. You know what?

You are right.

Obama does have really thin skin.

He hasn't been dealing well with attacks thrown at him from the beginning.

DaKCMan AP
11-03-2008, 05:40 AM
Wanna try again ?

Roy is a conservative hack who makes false claims, great exaggerations and is hypocritical in his criticisms.

Better?

patteeu
11-03-2008, 05:59 AM

Big deal

Barring a reporter (or more accurately, an acerbic columnist) is different than imposing what Pat Buchanan calls "collective punishment" on an entire major city newspaper's reporting staff for the political "sins" of their editorial board.

patteeu
11-03-2008, 06:02 AM
Needing extra space for black publications to cover the possible (likely?) election of our first black president seems pretty reasonable to me.

It's pretty reasonable for a candidate who is overly race conscious and who embraces the teachings of Jeremiah Wright's black theology church about focusing first and foremost on the well being of the black community.

Sully
11-03-2008, 07:08 AM

ROFL

It's almost like you haven't been in the country for this campaign...or read the news...or watched TV...or checked your email...

tiptap
11-03-2008, 07:26 AM
Hey, you use the news outlets that let you get your message out unfiltered and let them get that out first. Then those papers that want to twist the message can do so but a day late in the news cycle. I'm great with that. If you are going to use the Presidency as a bully pulpit then you have to be sure YOUR statements are as unfiltered as you can get them.