PDA

View Full Version : Elections Dick Cheney endorses John McCain because he is white

dirk digler
11-01-2008, 01:45 PM
I think this is the new standard anyway

While stumping for GOP candidates in Laramie, Wyoming, the vice president pushes for voters to pick McCain Tuesday.

Says McCain "understands the danger" the U.S. faces with national security and is well-prepared to lead.

"He is a man who is looked in the face of evil and not flinched...he's earned our support and confidence and the time is now for him to be our next president."

Also praises Palin, citing her "executive talent, toughneess and common sense."

Woodrow Call
11-01-2008, 02:06 PM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/

Obama knocks Cheney vote

From his prepared remarks in Pueblo, Colorado:

President Bush is sitting out the last few days before the election. But earlier today, Dick Cheney came out of his undisclosed location and hit the campaign trail. He said that he is, and I quote, “delighted to support John McCain.”

I’d like to congratulate Senator McCain on this endorsement because he really earned it. That endorsement didn’t come easy. Senator McCain had to vote 90 percent of the time with George Bush and Dick Cheney to get it. He served as Washington’s biggest cheerleader for going to war in Iraq, and supports economic policies that are no different from the last eight years. So Senator McCain worked hard to get Dick Cheney’s support.

But here’s my question for you, Colorado: do you think Dick Cheney is delighted to support John McCain because he thinks John McCain’s going to bring change? Do you think John McCain and Dick Cheney have been talking about how to shake things up, and get rid of the lobbyists and the old boys club in Washington?

Colorado, we know better. After all, it was just a few days ago that Senator McCain said that he and President Bush share a “common philosophy.” And we know that when it comes to foreign policy, John McCain and Dick Cheney share a common philosophy that thinks that empty bluster from Washington will fix all of our problems, and a war without end in Iraq is the way to defeat Osama bin Laden and the al Qaeda terrorists who are in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

So George Bush may be in an undisclosed location, but Dick Cheney’s out there on the campaign trail because he’d be delighted to pass the baton to John McCain. He knows that with John McCain you get a twofer: George Bush’s economic policy and Dick Cheney’s foreign policy – but that’s a risk we cannot afford to take.

Ari Chi3fs
11-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Party lines are thicker than blood. Heh. Cheney and Obama are like 8th cousins.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21340764/

chiefforlife
11-01-2008, 04:35 PM
This endorsement is "ALL ABOUT RACE", I repeat..."THIS ENDORSEMENT IS ALL ABOUT RACE!"

Thig Lyfe
11-01-2008, 04:38 PM
DEATHBLOW

banyon
11-01-2008, 04:55 PM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/

Obama knocks Cheney vote

From his prepared remarks in Pueblo, Colorado:

President Bush is sitting out the last few days before the election. But earlier today, Dick Cheney came out of his undisclosed location and hit the campaign trail. He said that he is, and I quote, “delighted to support John McCain.”

I’d like to congratulate Senator McCain on this endorsement because he really earned it. That endorsement didn’t come easy. Senator McCain had to vote 90 percent of the time with George Bush and Dick Cheney to get it. He served as Washington’s biggest cheerleader for going to war in Iraq, and supports economic policies that are no different from the last eight years. So Senator McCain worked hard to get Dick Cheney’s support.

But here’s my question for you, Colorado: do you think Dick Cheney is delighted to support John McCain because he thinks John McCain’s going to bring change? Do you think John McCain and Dick Cheney have been talking about how to shake things up, and get rid of the lobbyists and the old boys club in Washington?

Colorado, we know better. After all, it was just a few days ago that Senator McCain said that he and President Bush share a “common philosophy.” And we know that when it comes to foreign policy, John McCain and Dick Cheney share a common philosophy that thinks that empty bluster from Washington will fix all of our problems, and a war without end in Iraq is the way to defeat Osama bin Laden and the al Qaeda terrorists who are in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

So George Bush may be in an undisclosed location, but Dick Cheney’s out there on the campaign trail because he’d be delighted to pass the baton to John McCain. He knows that with John McCain you get a twofer: George Bush’s economic policy and Dick Cheney’s foreign policy – but that’s a risk we cannot afford to take.

That's awesome.

Rain Man
11-01-2008, 05:02 PM
I've been waiting to make my decision until I could hear who Cheney was supporting.

Calcountry
11-01-2008, 05:05 PM
I hope that Obama can bail out the Chiefs.

Bill Parcells
11-01-2008, 05:06 PM
I hope that Obama can bail out the Chiefs.

He can. him and Herm will work together for the change you need.

banyon
11-01-2008, 05:11 PM
He can. him and Herm will work together for the change you need.

Wrong metaphor. Herm is part of the same ownership and mismanagement that's been in place for too f'n long. Electing McCain is like giving Carl Peterson another 8 year contract.

Thig Lyfe
11-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Wrong metaphor. Herm is part of the same ownership and mismanagement that's been in place for too f'n long. Electing McCain is like giving Carl Peterson another 8 year contract.

ROFL perfect!

ROYC75
11-01-2008, 05:17 PM
delete

ROYC75
11-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Dick Chaney endorses McCain because he is white
I didn't see where he said because he was white.:huh:

DaFace
11-01-2008, 05:20 PM

I'm confused on this as well. Did I miss something?

Portlantis
11-01-2008, 05:23 PM

It's a reference to Limbaugh's assertion that Colin Powell only endorsed Obama because he was black.

dirk digler
11-01-2008, 05:24 PM

All I heard from the righties last week was the only reason why Powell endorsed Obama was because he was black.

I guess the standard should fit for Cheney endorsing McCain.

banyon
11-01-2008, 05:56 PM
All I heard from the righties last week was the only reason why Powell endorsed Obama was because he was black.

I guess the standard should fit for Cheney endorsing McCain.

Yeah, but it's different because they were er, black. Not that I'd have any racial biases I might be unaware of, though. ;)

HolmeZz
11-01-2008, 05:59 PM
I wonder if Cheney got ticked at McCain blaming the Bush administration this past week and this was his way of exacting revenge.

whoman69
11-01-2008, 11:55 PM
I'm sure McBush had another shot of whiskey after he heard the news.

patteeu
11-02-2008, 08:49 AM
I've been waiting to make my decision until I could hear who Cheney was supporting.

I didn't wait, but I have to admit that I'm relieved that I got it right.

patteeu
11-02-2008, 08:49 AM

Just dirk's bitterness or his sense of humor. I'm not sure which.

dirk digler
11-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Just dirk's bitterness or his sense of humor. I'm not sure which.

I am not bitter just poking some fun at the people who said Powell only endorsed Obama because he was black.

Niblet2008
11-02-2008, 09:43 AM
I know plenty of black people voting for Obama simply because he is BLACK. Shocking

Zebedee DuBois
11-02-2008, 09:49 AM
McCain is so old that I don't think he completely qualifies as 'white'. His skin is approaching 'translucent".

HonestChieffan
11-02-2008, 10:23 AM
I think this is the new standard anyway

[/I]

No where did he say he endorsed him because hes white

banyon
11-02-2008, 10:25 AM
No where did he say he endorsed him because hes white

:spock:

WHOOOSH!

whoman69
11-02-2008, 06:51 PM
:spock:

WHOOOSH!

The tag is there because all the talk on the right wing pundits was Colin Powell was only endorsing Obama because he's black.

ROYC75
11-02-2008, 09:17 PM
The tag is there because all the talk on the right wing pundits was Colin Powell was only endorsing Obama because he's black.

Who are these right wing pundits you speak of ?