PDA

View Full Version : Elections CNN reporting that North Dakota is the closest race in the country

SNR
11-02-2008, 01:12 AM
How about that now, bitches?

MASSAGE OUR NUTSACKS! IF YOU DON'T DO A SUFFICIENT JOB, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE OUR VOTE AND WILL NOT RECEIVE OUR 3 ELECTORAL VOTES.

It's not just little ol' North Dakota anymore, big large bully states. Suck my ass, Florida.

BAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Taco John
11-02-2008, 01:24 AM
If North Dakota is up for grabs, McCain is absolutely screwed. North Dakota has voted for a Democrat only once since 1940. That's as red a state as red can be.

Mr. Kotter
11-02-2008, 01:26 AM
As an Obama supporter, living in SD....any idea that ND will go Obama....is purely silly IMHO.

:rolleyes:

If it does, somehow....then Obama is headed for 400+ electoral votes. Possibly including even both Dakotas. THAT hasn't happened since FDR. :shake:

Could it happen? Maybe. Will it happen? Not likely. :shrug:

Logical
11-02-2008, 01:28 AM
As an Obama supporter, living in SD....any idea that ND will go Obama....is purely silly IMHO.

If it does, somehow....then Obama is headed for 400+ electoral votes. Possibly including even both Dakotas. THAT hasn't happened since FDR. :shake:

I bet you just love being the buzzkill at parties.:D

HolmeZz
11-02-2008, 01:28 AM

Have you not been paying attention to the polls in Montana and North Dakota lately? The idea that ND is close shouldn't be a shock to you.

Pitt Gorilla
11-02-2008, 01:31 AM
I'm beginning to think that some Republicans are going to vote for Obama just so they can start over in 2012. I don't mean the Palin fans, either. I think smart conservatives will begin to look closer at the Paul-type candidates the next time around.

Taco John
11-02-2008, 01:31 AM
Interesting... The Minnesota State University poll has Obama up 45% to 43% - which is remarkable for that state - but even more remarkable is that they've got 12% voting for a third party.

I can tell you that those aren't Cynthia McKinney voters.

Thig Lyfe
11-02-2008, 01:32 AM
Yep, 538 has ND as bright pink! And Montana is something of a salmon right now.

At this point, it's not whether Obama will win, but by how much. If places like Montana and ND tip Obama's way, this is going to be a slaughter.

Mr. Kotter
11-02-2008, 01:32 AM
Have you not been paying attention to the polls in Montana and North Dakota lately? The idea that ND is close shouldn't be a shock to you.

Close? Maybe....but no way Obama wins either of the Dakotas, short of a historic landslide. While it's possible; it's still very, VERY, unlikely from what I see/hear.

Thus, the polls are....wrong. As they could be in many states, IMHO.

DaneMcCloud
11-02-2008, 01:33 AM
Close? Maybe....but no way Obama wins either of the Dakotas, short of a historic landslide. While it's possible; it's still very, VERY, unlikely from what I see/hear.

Don't discount cell phone users

Ultra Peanut
11-02-2008, 01:35 AM
Close? Maybe....but no way Obama wins either of the Dakotas, short of a historic landslide. While it's possible; it's still very, VERY, unlikely from what I see/hear. Oh yeah? Well, MY anecdotal evidence says

SNR
11-02-2008, 01:35 AM
Interesting... The Minnesota State University poll has Obama up 45% to 43% - which is remarkable for that state - but even more remarkable is that they've got 12% voting for a third party.

I can tell you that those aren't Cynthia McKinney voters.Dean Barkley has also broken the 20 percents in most polls now. :clap:

Mr. Kotter
11-02-2008, 01:37 AM
I bet you just love being the buzzkill at parties.:D

:shrug:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EoXvDleWJ5U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EoXvDleWJ5U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr. Kotter
11-02-2008, 01:37 AM
Oh yeah? Well, MY anecdotal evidence says

Guess we will see.... :shrug:

Don't discount cell phone users

Don't discount rich/farm/redneck cellphone users who don't participate in any polls either? :shrug:

HolmeZz
11-02-2008, 01:46 AM

If Obama can pull close to McCain in a state that John's held office from for the past 30 years, he can certainly give McCain a run in the Dakotas. I don't think it's likely at all that he'll win (I had Obama winning 390 EVs in my prediction thread, while losing both Dakotas and Montana), but saying the possibility that he might is silly is to discount the evidence we currently do have. Obama's not likely to win Arizona, but to suggest it's insane to predict he might would not make sense.

Taco John
11-02-2008, 01:51 AM
Dean Barkley has also broken the 20 percents in most polls now. :clap:

Hell yeah...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X74KuyGzKzo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X74KuyGzKzo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Logical
11-02-2008, 02:57 AM
:shrug:

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EoXvDleWJ5U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>Soul Train?