PDA

View Full Version : Elections FYI

***SPRAYER
11-02-2008, 10:10 AM
There are 94 electoral votes that are still defined as a toss-up.

;)

Buck
11-02-2008, 10:12 AM

;)

I was wondering about this the other day.

Can you please identify how many are defined for Obama and how many for McCain.

One interesting note...A news poll in SD asked 1000 likely voters who they were voting for and 60% said Obama, 34% said McCain...San Diego has historically been a Republican city...I'll be interested to see what happens on election night.

***SPRAYER
11-02-2008, 10:16 AM
I think the Polling this year is over saturated, thus compromising the integrity of the process. We all know most of the mass media is in the tank for Obama, so there is no doubt that they are taking statistics and manipulating them in a concentrated effort to make undecideds who might be leaning towards McCain to just stay home since it's a "done deal".

whoman69
11-02-2008, 06:49 PM
I think the Polling this year is over saturated, thus compromising the integrity of the process. We all know most of the mass media is in the tank for Obama, so there is no doubt that they are taking statistics and manipulating them in a concentrated effort to make undecideds who might be leaning towards McCain to just stay home since it's a "done deal".

Why should McBush get any respect in the media for the type campaign that he ran? It was cynical, misleading and said nothing about why we should vote for him. His electability is hinged on phrases like maverick, America first and reform. Yet his staff is filled with lobbyists. He bags on Obama for foregoing public financing and yet Obama does not take PAC money while he does.

Granted there were a lot of things going against him, but McBush ran a totally negative campaign.

Frankie
11-02-2008, 06:52 PM

;)

Is McCain gonna win ALL 94?

RJ
11-02-2008, 07:28 PM

;)

Which states are you including in the 94?

kcpasco
11-02-2008, 07:35 PM

;)

He can have all 94 and Obama still wins

Ultra Peanut
11-02-2008, 07:43 PM
I think the Polling this year is over saturated, thus compromising the integrity of the process. We all know most of the mass media is in the tank for Obama, so there is no doubt that they are taking statistics and manipulating them in a concentrated effort to make undecideds who might be leaning towards McCain to just stay home since it's a "done deal".Oh for fuck's sake. The media is doing everything they can to make this look as much like a tight race as possible. Look at MSNBC, which is by far the most Obama-leaning network, touting Mason-Dixon's "close" numbers.

Frankie
11-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Oh for ****'s sake. The media is doing everything they can to make this look as much like a tight race as possible. Look at MSNBC, which is by far the most Obama-leaning network, touting Mason-Dixon's "close" numbers.

Ratings.

Carlota69
11-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Oh for ****'s sake. The media is doing everything they can to make this look as much like a tight race as possible. Look at MSNBC, which is by far the most Obama-leaning network, touting Mason-Dixon's "close" numbers.

Yep. I think its to make sure Dems dont sit at home thinking this thing is in the bag.

J Diddy
11-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Yep. I think its to make sure Dems dont sit at home thinking this thing is in the bag.

MSNBC perhaps, not fox news there only motivation is rating

Pitt Gorilla
11-03-2008, 01:12 PM
I think the Polling this year is over saturated, thus compromising the integrity of the process. We all know most of the mass media is in the tank for Obama, so there is no doubt that they are taking statistics and manipulating them in a concentrated effort to make undecideds who might be leaning towards McCain to just stay home since it's a "done deal".You righties really are losing it.