PDA

View Full Version : Elections You heard it here first!

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Obama wins in a landslide!

***SPRAYER
11-02-2008, 09:18 AM
I think you are in for a very unpleasant surprise.

HonestChieffan
11-02-2008, 09:20 AM
and America loses the election

Mr. Laz
11-02-2008, 09:20 AM
never underestimate the power of the rightwing jihad-ers

all the johnny's,shitprayers of the U.S. will show up

triple
11-02-2008, 09:30 AM
i think it will be closer than most are projecting because the republican base will turn out and vote, if only against Obama. i think mccain may win, if the base really turns out and mccain gets the majority of people who are deciding in the final days. still the underdog of course.

the dem primary was a referendum on Hillary. she didn't pass muster so the next guy wins it. this is a referendum on Obama. there is nothing really compelling about McCain. undecideds and people who don't follow politics will decide by Tuesday if they want to trust the office to someone with no experience and if they do he'll win.

McCain only has a small part to play in this. He represents the generic safe choice that voters may go with if they don't want to take the risk.

***SPRAYER
11-02-2008, 09:35 AM
i think it will be closer than most are projecting because the republican base will turn out and vote, if only against Obama. i think mccain may win, if the base really turns out and mccain gets the majority of people who are deciding in the final days. still the underdog of course.

the dem primary was a referendum on Hillary. she didn't pass muster so the next guy wins it. this is a referendum on Obama. there is nothing really compelling about McCain. undecideds and people who don't follow politics will decide by Tuesday if they want to trust the office to someone with no experience and if they do he'll win.

McCain only has a small part to play in this. He represents the generic safe choice that voters may go with if they don't want to take the risk.

Solid points.

I'd also like to add that B.O. is counting on a huge first time voter turnout ie young voters.

But if they do, I think a majority of them will vote for McCain. Right now alot of seniors --who are the largest voting demagraphic-- are swinging towards B.O. because he promises more goodies and the entitlement classes always vote for more goodies, even though they know that they are bankrupting the nation (they could care less they will be dead when that happens).

But lets not assume that the majority of 18-21 years olds are stupid ie voting for Obama.

Iowanian
11-02-2008, 09:45 AM
You're probably right.

Obama is his brother's keeper.

I hope he takes better care of our country than he does his brothers living in African shanty towns, or his illegal immigrant Favorite Aunti in the slums.

dirk digler
11-02-2008, 09:48 AM
It could be a landslide but I am just hoping for a win either way. On CNN 2 Republicans both predicted Obama would win with 318-325 electoral votes so that tells all you need to know.

The first thing to look for on election night is Pennslvania. If it is called early for Obama it is over for McCain.

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Solid points.

I'd also like to add that B.O. is counting on a huge first time voter turnout ie young voters.

But if they do, I think a majority of them will vote for McCain.

But lets not assume that the majority of 18-21 years olds are stupid ie voting for Obama.:spock: I beg to differ. 18-21 yr olds are far more likely to vote for BO.

Adept Havelock
11-02-2008, 09:57 AM
It could be a landslide but I am just hoping for a win either way. On CNN 2 Republicans both predicted Obama would win with 318-325 electoral votes so that tells all you need to know.

The first thing to look for on election night is Pennslvania. If it is called early for Obama it is over for McCain.

I was a little surprised to see George Will's prediction.

George Will, ABC News contributor:
Electoral Vote -- 378 Obama
Senate -- 8 pickups for the Democrats
House -- 21 pickups for the Democrats

Mr. Laz
11-02-2008, 10:05 AM
You're probably right.

Obama is his brother's keeper.

I hope he takes better care of our country than he does his brothers living in African shanty towns, or his illegal immigrant Favorite Aunti in the slums.
or McCain's cheated on,divorced,disabled ex-wife.

whatsmynameagain
11-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Solid points.

But if they do, I think a majority of them will vote for McCain. Right now alot of seniors --who are the largest voting demagraphic-- are swinging towards B.O. because he promises more goodies and the entitlement classes always vote for more goodies, even though they know that they are bankrupting the nation (they could care less they will be dead when that happens).

But lets not assume that the majority of 18-21 years olds are stupid ie voting for Obama.

Because we have been so prosperus as of late.....

dirk digler
11-02-2008, 10:13 AM
I was a little surprised to see George Will's prediction.

George Will, ABC News contributor:
Electoral Vote -- 378 Obama
Senate -- 8 pickups for the Democrats
House -- 21 pickups for the Democrats

Yep that is a pretty bold prediction. As an Obama supporter I wouldn't even pick that many wins.

PRIEST
11-02-2008, 10:14 AM
never underestimate the power of the rightwing jihad-ers

all the johnny's,shitprayers of the U.S. will show up

Sad but true.

BigChiefFan
11-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Solid points.

But lets not assume that the majority of 18-21 years olds are stupid ie voting for Obama.Yes, let's sweep the cost of the war under the rug and blame everybody else, but the man responsible for our failing economy.

splatbass
11-02-2008, 11:28 AM

Continuing on the same course we've been on the last 8 years is "safe"?

When you are heading for a cliff, staying on the same course is not safe.

Dallas Chief
11-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Sad but true.

What is sad about people exercising their right to vote?

irishjayhawk
11-02-2008, 03:11 PM
What is sad about people exercising their right to vote?

It's not that they vote, it's that there's no thought behind the vote.

triple
11-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Yes, let's sweep the cost of the war under the rug and blame everybody else, but the man responsible for our failing economy.

is Obama going to fly around the earth like superman and rewind history so that the war never starts?

hell it's practically over now.

BigChiefFan
11-02-2008, 03:23 PM
is Obama going to fly around the earth like superman and rewind history so that the war never starts?

hell it's practically over now.
No, but blaming him for our country's woes is insane in the membrane.

whoman69
11-02-2008, 05:44 PM

If there is nothing compelling about McBush why are they going to come out to vote at all?

triple
11-02-2008, 05:51 PM
If there is nothing compelling about McBush why are they going to come out to vote at all?

Obama. Sarah Palin.

Frankie
11-02-2008, 05:53 PM
You heard it here first!
Obama wins in a landslide!

I heard it from my brother first. Weeks ago. Sorry.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-02-2008, 07:21 PM
and America loses the election

This happens with either candidate, we have to hope for gridlock.

Dallas Chief
11-02-2008, 08:54 PM
It's not that they vote, it's that there's no thought behind the vote.

Really? That is a pretty shallow view of your fellow voters. So because they are probably going to vote differently then you, they are ignorant. There is only one way to view things. Your way. Correct? And you wonder why the word "elitist" is tossed around when people talk about the Democrat party. (It has nothing to do with wealth) You think you are intellectually superior. That is some funny stuff there youngster!

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-02-2008, 08:56 PM
I've pretty much been saying this for months.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-02-2008, 08:57 PM

You're still delusional? Or you're a diebold guy?

splatbass
11-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Really? That is a pretty shallow view of your fellow voters. So because they are probably going to vote differently then you, they are ignorant. There is only one way to view things. Your way. Correct? And you wonder why the word "elitist" is tossed around when people talk about the Democrat party. (It has nothing to do with wealth) You think you are intellectually superior. That is some funny stuff there youngster!

It's called the Democratic Party. If you are going to insult people at least get your facts straight. :)

irishjayhawk
11-02-2008, 09:04 PM

There you go making assumptions.

I said nothing about their actual vote. There are several people who put thought behind their votes. There are even more who are straight party voters. And there are voters who put zero thought behind their vote. KCJohnny, SHTSPRAYER are two examples.

You just assumed everything is about voting how I vote.

Dallas Chief
11-02-2008, 09:28 PM
It's called the Democratic Party. If you are going to insult people at least get your facts straight. :)

So I should call you guys Democratics now? That sounds silly. :D Psst. I do it on purpose.

splatbass
11-02-2008, 09:59 PM
So I should call you guys Democratics now? That sounds silly. :D Psst. I do it on purpose.

Yes, I know. That is why I mentioned it. I think it is disrespectful, but you guys don't have a problem with disrespecting people...

Iowanian
11-02-2008, 10:04 PM
or McCain's cheated on,divorced,disabled ex-wife.

Is she toiling away in a shanty town, or living off of American Taxpayer money as an illegal immigrant?

I heard that Obama taught Chuck Norris how to fight.
I heard that Obama could fart away a hurricane.
I heard from smokey bear that no matter what the 1980's PSA's said, only OBAMA could prevent forest fires.

If Obama doesn't win tuesday, his fans will burn American cities. I won't be surprised if it happens IF he wins.

splatbass
11-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Is she toiling away in a shanty town, or living off of American Taxpayer money as an illegal immigrant?

I heard that Obama taught Chuck Norris how to fight.
I heard that Obama could fart away a hurricane.
I heard from smokey bear that no matter what the 1980's PSA's said, only OBAMA could prevent forest fires.

If Obama doesn't win tuesday, his fans will burn American cities. I won't be surprised if it happens IF he wins.

You are delusional. And paranoid. And wrong.

patteeu
11-03-2008, 05:42 AM
You're late to the party. I've been hearing that from koolaid-drunk planeteers for months now. Drink responsibly.

KCJohnny
11-03-2008, 05:47 AM

Well when that One campaigned for Islamic marxist Raila Odinga in Kenya in 2006 against the US-backed Christian president, that is precisely what Odinga's followers did to their political opponents. Burned churches, hundreds of murdered Christians, chaos and terrorism.

patteeu
11-03-2008, 05:48 AM

Why aren't the people in it called "democratics"?

patteeu
11-03-2008, 05:49 AM

Oops. Nevermind.

BigMeatballDave
11-04-2008, 05:31 PM
I heard it from my brother first. Weeks ago. Sorry.If it wasn't posted on here, it didn't count. :D

Iowanian
11-04-2008, 05:40 PM
You are delusional. And paranoid. And wrong.

You are probably right, there is no way that Obama could stop a hurricane with a fart, as his flatulate causes counter clockwise rotation in the atmosphere as well.

I do hope I'm wrong about cities burning tonight. I'm not paranoid about it, but I think its very likely in places like Philly(riots after world series)....LA-Oakland.....and any number of other likely spots.

BigMeatballDave
11-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey! Where is my Obama prize!

Mr. Flopnuts
11-04-2008, 07:05 PM

ORLY?

Logical
11-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Well when that One campaigned for Islamic marxist Raila Odinga in Kenya in 2006 against the US-backed Christian president, that is precisely what Odinga's followers did to their political opponents. Burned churches, hundreds of murdered Christians, chaos and terrorism.I get to burn a church when Obama wins or loses. Choices-Choices