PDA

View Full Version : Elections Who really matters?

Stewie
11-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Obama or McCain? Neither. The amount of fiat being thrown on all you people is absurd, but you still don't get it, do you? The sad thing is that neither do the candidates. They're wallowing in their egos. BTW, the COMEX and all their Tom-foolery will be exposed in December. Yep, actual delivery on contracts that they can't fulfill.

HolyHandgernade
11-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Sorry, but George W. Bush makes this apathetic argument not as forceful. Maybe you can't pick better than an average politician, but you can absolutely pick a below average one.

-HH

banyon
11-02-2008, 03:58 PM
I agree that both candidates leave something to be desired on the monetary front, that's why I'm basing my vote on the other things that I see as important: 1) Getting the f out of Iraq, 2) some form of universal health care, 3)alternative energy development, 4)some degree of corporate accountability for malfeasance

Reaper16
11-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Judging by your shitty takes on MU football yesterday in the college game threads, there is no reason to listen to you when it comes to football. Why would we give a shit about your takes on politics?

BucEyedPea
11-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Obama or McCain? Neither.

You got it. No one's waking up yet. It's all about partisanship winning. 'eff America and the people.

bango
11-02-2008, 04:49 PM
You got it. No one's waking up yet. It's all about partisanship winning. 'eff America and the people.

Then what do we do? I keep on telling people to vote for a third party or to not vote and they give me the riot act.

Zebedee DuBois
11-02-2008, 05:07 PM
I think we all have misgivings about both candidates.

I try to see the potential downside and potential upside of either candidate. It seems to me that the potential downside is about equal for both Obama and McCain. Neither is as extreme as their respective fear mongers are saying. The country is currently sliding downhill - I think both have the potential to exacerbate that slide, but I don't think there is a clear disadvantage to either.

As far as potential upside goes, I think Obama has a LOT more, where as McCain is more of a status quo type.

BucEyedPea
11-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Then what do we do? I keep on telling people to vote for a third party or to not vote and they give me the riot act.

Yes I know. They're gonna get their payday.
What to do though: get involved in the Liberty Campaign and help get small govt Constitutional candidates into congress. Then the presidential expansion of power can get rolled back and put back into it's proper place. What else can ya' do? Oh, and educate people.