PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Brzezinski: Obama Will Face “Imminent” Foreign Policy Problems

KILLER_CLOWN
11-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Brzezinski: Obama Will Face “Imminent” Foreign Policy Problems

Trilateral Commission co-founder and Obama advisor echoes comments made by Biden, Powell about “international crisis”

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Monday, November 3, 2008

Trilateral Commission co-founder and top Obama advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski told CNN yesterday that Barack Obama would be faced with “imminent problems” in the context of foreign policy once he takes office, echoing prophetic warnings made recently by Joe Biden, Colin Powell and Madeleine Albright.

Appearing on CNN’s Global Public Square with host Fareed Zakaria, Brzezinski said that President Carter contacted him to ask who he should appoint to different posts after he captured the White House, perhaps a hint that Obama might do the same.

“The president at one point called me, and rather cleverly asked me who I thought ought to occupy what posts. And I gave him advice. And I finally came to the post of national security adviser,” said Brzezinski, adding that Carter offered him the position.

Zakaria asked Brzezinski if the president-elect should “start sending signals to foreign governments”.

“I think it depends on two things — one, on the nature of the president himself, and, two, on the circumstances,” Brzezinski responded.

“I think what is going on right now — which is nothing less than a global crisis of American leadership, nothing less than that — I think the president-elect, whoever he is — and I have my own preference — will have to start sending signals right away, and will have to get ready to deal with some imminent problems.”

Brzezinski’s warning that Obama will face immediate problems in the form of a foreign policy crisis echoes similar sentiments expressed by Obama’s running mate, Senator Joe Biden, who last month told an audience in Seattle “We’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

Biden was vehement in his proclamation, stating that it was a “guarantee” and a “promise” that Obama would face an international crisis and that “tough” and “unpopular” decisions would have to be made to combat it.

Colin Powell made similar statements when he endorsed Obama on Meet the Press, saying “There’s going to be a crisis which will come along on the 21st, 22nd of January that we don’t even know about right now.”

Former Secretary of State Madeline Albright also told CNN’s John Roberts, “It’s just a statement of fact…something unexpected, you always have to be prepared for that.”

http://www.prisonplanet.com/brzezinski-obama-will-face-imminent-foreign-policy-problems.html

triple
11-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Foreign policy cues from Jimmy Carter!

You can't make this stuff up.

BucEyedPea
11-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Former Secretary of State Madeline Albright also told CNN’s John Roberts, “It’s just a statement of fact…something unexpected, you always have to be prepared for that.”
If it's unexpected why do they know about it? What a bunch of hooey!
Ms. Albright who felt starving children to death was worth it with Iraq sanctions. Just another war criminal.

BucEyedPea
11-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Foreign policy cues from Jimmy Carter!

You can't make this stuff up.

Brzezinski may have served under Carter but he was still a hawk. He also boasts about creating AlQaeda too.

Ari Chi3fs
11-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Biological terrorism is the next ploy by the global elite. With 88 top microbiologists killed since Sept 2001.

It seems like this is the next logical situation.

NoLurkerNoMore
11-03-2008, 02:13 PM
As opposed to McCain who will have a six month honeymoon of peace and prosperity home and abroad.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-03-2008, 02:24 PM
As opposed to McCain who will have a six month honeymoon of peace and prosperity home and abroad.

Your the 1st to say that, the entire point is both candidates will bring about the kind of "Change" we don't need.

Jenson71
11-03-2008, 02:29 PM
I think the president-elect, whoever he is — and I have my own preference — will have to start sending signals right away, and will have to get ready to deal with some imminent problems.”

He never said anything to the extent that leads to the understanding that ONLY OBAMA would face imminent problems. Either show that or it's a misleading title.

HolmeZz
11-03-2008, 02:29 PM
You're a foreign policy hawk, KC?

KILLER_CLOWN
11-03-2008, 02:31 PM

How did you draw that conclusion?

BucEyedPea
11-03-2008, 02:33 PM

No he isn't—at all!

KILLER_CLOWN
11-03-2008, 02:34 PM
He never said anything to the extent that leads to the understanding that ONLY OBAMA would face imminent problems. Either show that or it's a misleading title.

Those questioned are assuming a BO presidency otherwise i don't see your point.

HolmeZz
11-03-2008, 02:37 PM
How did you draw that conclusion?

I didn't think you were, I just had no idea where you were going with this thread.

Jenson71
11-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Those questioned are assuming a BO presidency otherwise i don't see your point.

He said "whoever it is." It's at best an oversight, at worse, a misleading lie designed for an agenda.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-03-2008, 02:42 PM
He said "whoever it is." It's at best an oversight, at worse, a misleading lie designed for an agenda.

I think you turned on your defense mechanism to obscure the point that Brzezinski is in fact an advisor to BO. If Mccain was elected you wouldn't see much difference, is that what you were wanting to hear?

Jenson71
11-03-2008, 02:50 PM
I think you turned on your defense mechanism to obscure the point that Brzezinski is in fact an advisor to BO. If Mccain was elected you wouldn't see much difference, is that what you were wanting to hear?

I want to hear the truth. The truth is that he said whoever is the next president will face imminent foreign policy problems. Not only Obama. Not only McCain. Not only Bob Barr. All of them. So don't throw Obama in the title to link this to what Biden said, now assuring from two close sources that there will be, strictly or only because of Obama is president, an imminent foreign policy problem. That's just dishonest. It totally changes the meaning. For instance, he could mean that because there will be an imminent problem, Obama would be the best person as president to have in office because of problem-solving and negiotiation skills and cool temperament. And because he obviously is with Obama's camp...he probably feels that way.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-03-2008, 03:01 PM
I want to hear the truth. The truth is that he said whoever is the next president will face imminent foreign policy problems. Not only Obama. Not only McCain. Not only Bob Barr. All of them. So don't throw Obama in the title to link this to what Biden said, now assuring from two close sources that there will be, strictly or only because of Obama is president, an imminent foreign policy problem. That's just dishonest. It totally changes the meaning. For instance, he could mean that because there will be an imminent problem, Obama would be the best person as president to have in office because of problem-solving and negiotiation skills and cool temperament. And because he obviously is with Obama's camp...he probably feels that way.

Ahh so your partisianship has obscured your judgement, it boils down to Brzezinski vs Kissinger. Wether or not you want to hear it these quotes are easily linked together as they seem to indicate some major crisis and all are coming from the BO camp as a means to show the anti-war/peace vote you are only getting a different kind of war.

Mr. Laz
11-03-2008, 03:03 PM
McCain is Al Qaeda's wet dream

the will poke him, he will get pissed off and do exactly what they want ...... attack.

Iowanian
11-03-2008, 03:05 PM
I Don't think its unrealistic to anticipate something happening.

Terrrorists could easily see the transition period as a good time to strike, Russia is kanoodling with long range bombers and weapons plants in Venezuela, Cuba could be involved.....

There are more smoldering fires waiting to flair up than any of us would care to fully understand.

I just hope, when something does happen, he doesn't curl up like an Armadillo and offer our prone ass to the offending party.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-03-2008, 03:06 PM

the will poke him, he will get pissed off and do exactly what they want ...... attack.

Yup either way we are going to have us a nice war, something i wish to avoid if at ALL possible.

Jenson71
11-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Ahh so your partisianship has obscured your judgement, it boils down to Brzezinski vs Kissinger. Wether or not you want to hear it these quotes are easily linked together as they seem to indicate some major crisis and all are coming from the BO camp as a means to show the anti-war/peace vote you are only getting a different kind of war.

Right, my partisanship is pointing out what the article does and doesn't say. I'm partisan to pointing out the facts and truth.

Am I concerned that there is all this talk? Yes, I suppose. In that case, I understand your concern. But what you said he said isn't what he said, got that.

And though I might find it a bit perplexing two of them have brought it up, at least two that I know of, I don't think there's any secret code going on here.

triple
11-03-2008, 04:44 PM

Bush didn't poke them, did he...?

KILLER_CLOWN
11-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Right, my partisanship is pointing out what the article does and doesn't say. I'm partisan to pointing out the facts and truth.

Am I concerned that there is all this talk? Yes, I suppose. In that case, I understand your concern. But what you said he said isn't what he said, got that.

And though I might find it a bit perplexing two of them have brought it up, at least two that I know of, I don't think there's any secret code going on here.

I guess we will see what this means soon enough eh?

BucEyedPea
11-03-2008, 07:18 PM
I want to hear the truth. The truth is that he said whoever is the next president will face imminent foreign policy problems. Not only Obama. Not only McCain. Not only Bob Barr. All of them.

It'll only be a problem if they make it one. I don't think it would be with certain candidates but definitely it is with the major candidates. Paul would disengage: get out of Nato ( abolish it if he could) at least not insist Georgia be a member, get out of Georgia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, take all new bases in the ME post PGWI out and have the area patrolled using our ships only ( the way we used to before terror came home). But it would all be done with a warning that we'll be back if any attacks occur on the US mainland. Enough said!

BucEyedPea
11-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Bush didn't poke them, did he...?

His father did.

patteeu
11-03-2008, 09:19 PM
If it's unexpected why do they know about it? What a bunch of hooey!
Ms. Albright who felt starving children to death was worth it with Iraq sanctions. Just another war criminal.

Please. As objectionable as the Clinton/Albright policies were, she wasn't a war criminal. Let's stop trying to criminalize policy differences, especially foreign policy differences.

BucEyedPea
11-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Please. As objectionable as the Clinton/Albright policies were, she wasn't a war criminal. Let's stop trying to criminalize policy differences, especially foreign policy differences.

Sorry, that's my opinion. You're much too reasonable about other nation's people dying for progressive purposes.
It needs to be called for what it is: a crime. Censorship is anti-liberty, pat.

BucEyedPea
11-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Was reading tonight that Brzezinski is a lifelong Marxist too.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Was reading tonight that Brzezinski is a lifelong Marxist too.

Surprise, we should start teaching the communist manifesto.

KCJohnny
11-03-2008, 09:45 PM

Really? Then why did they favor Kerry in 2004? AQ is attritted badly right now, their organization in shambles, their popular support at almost zero in Iraq. So what I hear you saying is that when AQ attacks the suddenly vulnerable US again, the One will have the patience, reasonableness and cool demeanor to not overreact while our citizens are murdered. Change we can believe in.
:rolleyes: