PDA

View Full Version : Elections What state will hold biggest surprise?

whoman69
11-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Looking for bold predictions on what state will fool the pollsters and the pundits. My prediction is an Obama win in Georgia. Right now McCain is up around 4.5% in the polls. What I'm seeing is that democratic voters are cranking it up getting to the polls early. Right now nearly 2 million have voted early when only 3.3 million voted in the 2004 election. Long lines are still forecast for tomorrow. I'm guessing that Republicans get discouraged and go home.

Mecca
11-03-2008, 06:21 PM
I think Obama is gonna win some weird state like Montana.

banyon
11-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Georgia.

I think the record reports of voting problems there are indicitave of something the Repubs are worried about there.

HolmeZz
11-03-2008, 06:22 PM

This was my guess. If there's a surprise, it's likely to be a smaller state where an increase in turnout could shift everything.

BucEyedPea
11-03-2008, 06:23 PM

I think Paul could take that state as a surprise. He's still on the ballot, even though he dropped out because they wanted him left on. West is very small govt pro gun but there's a lot of Hollywood liberals in Montana now. We'll see. I'd love it if it happend to frighten the Establishment elites.

J Diddy
11-03-2008, 06:23 PM
I don't know. Hope he wins MO

Mecca
11-03-2008, 06:25 PM
I think Paul could take that state as a surprise. He's still on the ballot, even though he dropped out because they wanted him left on. West is very small govt pro gun but there's a lot of Hollywood liberals in Montana now. We'll see. I'd love it if it happend to frighten the Establishment elites.

Him being on the ballot is why I think Obama can win it, Paul would cut into McCains vote not Obama's.

Thig Lyfe
11-03-2008, 06:27 PM
I think Obama's gonna win Omaha.

Mr Luzcious
11-03-2008, 06:32 PM
I see McCain winning PA.

Reaper16
11-03-2008, 06:40 PM
I see McCain winning PA.
Damn, that's exactly what he needs to pull off a win (in addition to plenty of other things). What gives you the sense that he'll pull PA off?

Mr Luzcious
11-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Damn, that's exactly what he needs to pull off a win (in addition to plenty of other things). What gives you the sense that he'll pull PA off?

1. PA democrats seem to have been (largely) Hillary supporters (think memyselfi, only less extreme).
2. Obama and McCain are both campaigning the crap out of PA. Tells me its at least close.
3. It was a very slight win for both Kerry and Gore in previous elections.
4. Murth.

There's more if you want it, I just don't want the list to be too long. Doesn't look seemly.

RJ
11-03-2008, 06:49 PM
I worry about voting problems in Pa. There is no early voting there. I hope they are really manned up for this, if not there may be a lot of people who leave w/o voting or don't go at all. Fewer voters favors McCain.

Mr Luzcious
11-03-2008, 06:58 PM
I worry about voting problems in Pa. There is no early voting there. I hope they are really manned up for this, if not there may be a lot of people who leave w/o voting or don't go at all. Fewer voters favors McCain.

I do rather hope Obama wins. If only because it might result in a republican nominee worth voting for next time around. Though I doubt it.

Either way, I still see McCain winning (and we can say goodbye to conservatism).

bango
11-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Nader taking California will shock the World.

Ultra Peanut
11-03-2008, 07:13 PM
ARIZONA! WILDCARD, BITCHES!

Logical
11-03-2008, 07:16 PM

I am not sure that is true, I am guessing that the Obama voters are more dedicated and willing to put up with difficulties.

HolmeZz
11-03-2008, 07:24 PM
1. PA democrats seem to have been (largely) Hillary supporters (think memyselfi, only less extreme).
2. Obama and McCain are both campaigning the crap out of PA. Tells me its at least close.
4. Murth.

There's more if you want it, I just don't want the list to be too long. Doesn't look seemly.

Obama hasn't spent much time in PA lately. It's all been surrogates like the Clintons. McCain's only been there out of pure necessity.

whoman69
11-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Looking for bold predictions on what state will fool the pollsters and the pundits. My prediction is an Obama win in Georgia. Right now McCain is up around 4.5% in the polls. What I'm seeing is that democratic voters are cranking it up getting to the polls early. Right now nearly 2 million have voted early when only 3.3 million voted in the 2004 election. Long lines are still forecast for tomorrow. I'm guessing that Republicans get discouraged and go home.

Yeah, I called that one didn't I? There were really no upsets I would say at this point. The state polls were pretty much spot on.

Ultra Peanut
11-04-2008, 09:51 PM
ARIZONA! WILDCARD, BITCHES!Well, it was close enough to satisfy me.

RJ
11-04-2008, 09:51 PM
I am not sure that is true, I am guessing that the Obama voters are more dedicated and willing to put up with difficulties.

My concerns were unfounded, I am happy to say. :D

Right now, I'm just generally happy!

Thig Lyfe
11-06-2008, 03:27 PM
I think Obama's gonna win Omaha.

I CALLED IT (http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2835&u_sid=10480262)

Ultra Peanut
11-06-2008, 03:29 PM
NE-02 is like a cherry on top...

THAT RUINS MY 364 SUNDAE GOD DAMNIT

whoman69
11-07-2008, 09:22 AM
NE-02 is like a cherry on top...

THAT RUINS MY 364 SUNDAE GOD DAMNIT

Technically Missouri remains uncalled as well. You still called Missouri to go to Obama and Indiana to McCain so the only reason your numbers remain correct is that they have an equal number of votes. I on the other hand missed only one state, that being Indiana if, as it look right now to be the case, McCain takes Missouri.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-07-2008, 09:25 AM
4. Murth.

Look at this. Look at how stupid you are.

Ultra Peanut
11-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Technically Missouri remains uncalled as well. You still called Missouri to go to Obama and Indiana to McCain so the only reason your numbers remain correct is that they have an equal number of votes. I on the other hand missed only one state, that being Indiana if, as it look right now to be the case, McCain takes Missouri.I've already explained this. I'm not referring to my map, just the EV prediction I made to others.

whoman69
11-07-2008, 03:07 PM
I've already explained this. I'm not referring to my map, just the EV prediction I made to others.

Your pretty colors are in the wrong place though.

Ultra Peanut
11-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Your pretty colors are in the wrong place though.Because I'm not talking about that map, or any map at all.

Thig Lyfe
11-07-2008, 04:35 PM
I CALLED IT (http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2835&u_sid=10480262)

AAAAAAAAAAAAND IT'S OFFICIAL (http://omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2835&u_sid=10481441)