PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues I'm voting for OBAMA!!!

TinyEvel
11-03-2008, 10:34 PM
My first post in D.C. and I'm proud to say it... BARACK '08 and beyond!

I'm fed up with eight years of greed and stubbornness. Bush was the Herm of Presidents and I'm ready for a CHANGE, I have HOPE in our future.

I liked McCain the man, but do not like McCain the candidate.

That is all.

TE

Velvet_Jones
11-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Racist.

alanm
11-03-2008, 10:40 PM
It's my hope that he doesn't steal all our change.

Mizzou_8541
11-03-2008, 10:42 PM

I'm fed up with eight years of greed and stubbornness. Bush was the Herm of Presidents and I'm ready for a CHANGE, I have HOPE in our future.

That is all.

TE

Cool biceps...where is your matching popped collar?

stevieray
11-03-2008, 10:43 PM
curious, has your life/career progressed over the last eight years?

Mecca
11-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Well hey I'm voting for Obama also so booya!

alanm
11-03-2008, 10:44 PM
curious, has your life/career progressed over the last eight years?For your sanity, I hope you don't linger here.
Welcome back.

Mizzou_8541
11-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Well hey I'm voting for Obama also so booya!

Shouldn't you like.....be...flexing or something?

Mecca
11-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Shouldn't you like.....be...flexing or something?

I'm doing that as I type, I can do a few things at once.

HolmeZz
11-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Atta boy, Tiny.

Mizzou_8541
11-03-2008, 10:47 PM

Duly noted.

StcChief
11-03-2008, 10:50 PM
It's my hope that he doesn't steal all our change.I'd give him the change.... It's the real $$$ that will hit home.

Iowanian
11-03-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm not.

I'd vote for him over Fred Phelps and Al Queda.

I dispise Hilary, but I think she'd have been less dangerous for American interests and finances.

TinyEvel
11-03-2008, 10:52 PM

wait, wait, is that you, back??!!!

If so, :clap:

Missed you, bro!

And, to answer your question: Yes, but I would say it has been through my own positivity and aggresivenes/producivity.

Has my world outlook improved over the last eight years? NO.
Has my environmental security improved? NO
Has my acceptance as an American in foreign countries improved? NO!
I am willing to pay more taxes (yes, I will pay more under BO) for the priveledge to help out my fellow citizens and to be proud again to be an American.

Iowanian
11-03-2008, 10:53 PM
I expected your coming out party to have more pyrotechnics and maybe require some stunt men.

stevieray
11-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Yes, but I would say it has been through my own positivity and aggresivenes/producivity.

as it should be...depending on someone else will always get you the same result... nowhere.

Mecca
11-03-2008, 10:58 PM
I think I'm one of the people on this forum that doesn't particularly get along with Stevie very well...

ClevelandBronco
11-03-2008, 11:05 PM
...I am willing to pay more taxes (yes, I will pay more under BO) for the priveledge to help out my fellow citizens and to be proud again to be an American.

Two words: Private charity.

Give with a smile, fellow American.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-03-2008, 11:07 PM

You know how I know you can't multitask? Because you're looking at me while typing.

Reaper16
11-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Hey Tiny -- were you behind the Motorstorm: Pacific Rift television ad?

Ugly Duck
11-03-2008, 11:16 PM
I'm fed up with eight years of greed and stubbornness.

The Repubs had their run.... controlled the White House, the Senate, the House... and we've seen what happens when they get their way. They had all the power to do anything they wanted & they fugged it up bad. Oh sure... their run was somewhat tempered the last two years when Dems had a majority in the Senate... a majority consisting of Joe Leiberman. But for six years it was pure, unfettered Republican bliss. We've seen what they do when they have the power. Time to slap 'em down into the background.

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2008, 11:28 PM

That is all.

TE

Typical California bleeding heart moonbat liberal.

:evil:

TinyEvel
11-03-2008, 11:28 PM

Yeah, we did that. Really did it, too. Guys riding vehicles out of planes.

Reaper16
11-03-2008, 11:35 PM
That was a great stunt! I was like "Jesus Shit!" the first time I saw the ad.

I don't think it is a coincidence that public perception of the PS3 has been positive since you took over advertising for SCEA.

Taco John
11-03-2008, 11:45 PM

Mine has. I'm now a Marketing Director.

I couldn't have done it without the help and support of Lord George Bush.

Taco John
11-03-2008, 11:46 PM

If so, thanks for ruining one of my favorite obscure songs...

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2008, 11:50 PM

Uh...

:evil:

Reaper16
11-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Ruining? What song isn't made better by vehicles being driven out of planes?

stevieray
11-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Mine has. I'm now a Marketing Director.

I couldn't have done it without the help and support of Lord George Bush.
ya, you must be really proud, bragging about getting promoted when simultaneously stating others in your company were being laid off, while you were here ****ing off everyday.

you don't impress me anymore Isaac. you've been easier to see through than Kotter.

Reaper16
11-03-2008, 11:57 PM
ya, you must be really proud, bragging about getting promoted when simultaneously stating others in your company were being laid off, while you were ****ing off here everyday.

you don't impress me anymore Isaac. you've been easier to see through than Kotter.
DANG! 1st Down Elvis came back with a full clip.

Buck
11-04-2008, 12:11 AM
ya, you must be really proud, bragging about getting promoted when simultaneously stating others in your company were being laid off, while you were here ****ing off everyday.

:eek:

Taco John
11-04-2008, 12:29 AM

It's almost 11:30pm where I live right now. I'll be up tonight working until 3am to meet the deadlines on some projects that need to be done. I work around the clock, making sure I take time out from 5pm to 9pm for my family. I don't follow an 8 to 5 schedule. I work around the clock, and damn straight, I take time out of my day to disconnect from work and put my mind off of my projects while tossing my projects to my subconscious. It's worked for me so far.

And for what it's worth, I intend to be easy to see through. I intend to be an open book. What you see is what you get. I'm not trying to fool anybody.

It's really ****ing good to have you back Stevie, but I'd sue to get your anger management money back if I were you. I don't remember ever attacking your professional life.

TinyEvel
11-04-2008, 12:30 AM

ROFL funny, the Gogol bordello fanbase has been split in support/hate for the association.

I felt the same way the first time I heard the "BRAND NEW Band -- DePeche Mode" on top 40 radio in with "Blasphemous Rumors" in 1988 (hint: they were rocking since '84)

Taco John
11-04-2008, 12:33 AM
ROFL funny, the Gogol bordello fanbase has been split in support/hate for the association.

I felt the same way the first time I heard the "BRAND NEW Band -- DePeche Mode" on top 40 radio in with "Blasphemous Rumors" in 1988 (hint: they were rocking since '84)

I first saw Bordello in Seattle at Bumper Chute back in 2002. He was such a blast live that I followed him ever since. I suppose anything to get the good man some attention is ok, but flying cars isn't what I want to think of when I listen to that great, great song. :cigar:

I actually have tuned out of music for the last six months in favor of audiobooks, and just discovered BRAND NEW tonight. So far, it's exactly my kind of thing. I detect something a little Modest Mousey in the sound. MM is one of my top three bands of all time.

TinyEvel
11-04-2008, 12:50 AM
I first saw Bordello in Seattle at Bumper Chute back in 2002. He was such a blast live that I followed him ever since. I suppose anything to get the good man some attention is ok, but flying cars isn't what I want to think of when I listen to that great, great song.

I actually have tuned out of music for the last six months in favor of audiobooks, and just discovered BRAND NEW tonight. So far, it's exactly my kind of thing. I detect something a little Modest Mousey in the sound. MM is one of my top three bands of all time.

wow, on MM. I bought their Cd because of "Float ON" and only liked one other song on it. Felt jipped.

DEVO is my fave band of all time.

Taco John
11-04-2008, 01:19 AM
wow, on MM. I bought their Cd because of "Float ON" and only liked one other song on it. Felt jipped.

You're missing out. Modest Mouse isn't pop music. They are as complex a band as I've ever listened to. But they're a band that you have to make a "7 Listen" commitment to with every CD.

Their music is like a landscape. When you first listen to it, you're lost. You don't get it. Nothing looks familiar, and you have no idea where you are going. Your natural physical reaction is to resist it (and it is an actual physical reaction). But by the seventh time you listen to it, you've found landmarks - lyrics that you thought were cool, or little hooks that happen in just that particular part of the song that serve to tie the whole song together. Suddenly, their songs become a journey to get to those spots, and that's when you "get it" and can find the Modest Mouse groove - you understand where your going and the route you're taking to get there.

Modest Mouse are artists working their asses off to make a song. It doesn't sound like it at first - I've gone through the same negative reaction every time I listened to a new album. But it seems that once I pass through that 7th listen gateway, I'm sold on the album forever.

In fairness to your judgement, though, Good News for People Who Love Bad News was not their strongest album. I like the Moon and Antartica much better, and We Were Dead Before the Ship Ever Sank even better than that. I pretty much love all of their stuff except for their very early and very experimental stuff.

I can understand your reaction though. They're a tough nut to crack, but well worth the effort, IMO.

Taco John
11-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Oh by the way... I found a DEVO version of Head Like a Hole the other day. You should look that up some time... Freaking great!

Demonpenz
11-04-2008, 01:59 AM
I really like modest mouse, but you have to have an open mind. At first some of the songs sound like noise. I haven't got past the point of just calling it random shit going down though. There are still songs where I am ok they are just reaching for the most random sounds and things to go on and I just am not feeling it.

petegz28
11-04-2008, 05:14 AM

That is all.

TE

Yes, cause we all know the Democrats are not greedy and stubborn.

patteeu
11-04-2008, 05:52 AM
wait, wait, is that you, back??!!!

If so, :clap:

Missed you, bro!

And, to answer your question: Yes, but I would say it has been through my own positivity and aggresivenes/producivity.

Has my world outlook improved over the last eight years? NO.
Has my environmental security improved? NO
Has my acceptance as an American in foreign countries improved? NO!
I am willing to pay more taxes (yes, I will pay more under BO) for the priveledge to help out my fellow citizens and to be proud again to be an American.

That sounds like what passes for greed in Obamaland to me.

Why haven't you been helping out your fellow citizens already?

noa
11-04-2008, 06:06 AM
I first saw Bordello in Seattle at Bumper Chute back in 2002. He was such a blast live that I followed him ever since.

I saw them for New Year's last year. What a freaking show. They absolutely rocked. They are coming back here for 3 days at the end of December, so I'm pumped to see them again. Probably the best performers in America right now, although Arcade Fire is pretty damn good live too.

BigRedChief
11-04-2008, 06:23 AM
chit, there goes the neighboorhood.:)

I've doubled my salary over the last 8 years. But it was in spite of Bush, not because of Bush.

stevieray
11-04-2008, 06:28 AM
I've doubled my salary over the last 8 years. But it was in spite of Bush, not because of Bush.

ROFL

still living your politics through your son?

BigRedChief
11-04-2008, 06:31 AM
ROFL

still living your politics through your son?
While you were on hiatus I was undecided and came over to Obama before the Iowa cacus's. Here's the 6 page thread.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177332

patteeu
11-04-2008, 06:33 AM
chit, there goes the neighboorhood.:)

To the extent that a President deserves credit or blame, the Bush economy has been outstanding up until the last year or so. Don't you work in a defense-related job? If so, how can you say that your success was in spite of Bush? As with almost anyone who achieves success, you deserve the bulk of the credit, but to the extent that your prospects are influenced by Presidential policies, you can't possibly believe that Bush has been holding you back. Quite the contrary, I suspect.

P.S. I've seen what happens to defense-related jobs when the government decides to scale back defense and take a "peace dividend". Good luck with that.

Saulbadguy
11-04-2008, 06:37 AM
Voting for Obama, just because I can.

BigRedChief
11-04-2008, 06:41 AM
To the extent that a President deserves credit or blame, the Bush economy has been outstanding up until the last year or so. Don't you work in a defense-related job? If so, how can you say that your success was in spite of Bush? As with almost anyone who achieves success, you deserve the bulk of the credit, but to the extent that your prospects are influenced by Presidential policies, you can't possibly believe that Bush has been holding you back. Quite the contrary, I suspect.

P.S. I've seen what happens to defense-related jobs when the government decides to scale back defense and take a "peace dividend". Good luck with that.
I've doubled my salary because of acquiring additional skills through training and certification. I did that on my own. no grants, no tax credits etc.

Retail, non-profit or government doesn't matter. My skills are in high demand in all sectors.

patteeu
11-04-2008, 06:53 AM
I've doubled my salary because of acquiring additional skills through training and certification. I did that on my own. no grants, no tax credits etc.

Retail, non-profit or government doesn't matter. My skills are in high demand in all sectors.

I see. You think that the only way government can help you is if they give you a handout. I should have anticipated this from an Obama supporter. The truth is that you are subject to economic forces whether you're getting handouts or not. In a down economy, getting those additional skills and landing a job with them would have been far more difficult than it has been under the expanding economy of the Bush years. You benefited from pro-growth Bush policies whether you realize it or not.

And I presume that, despite your attempt to downplay it, you still owe your present job (the one that allowed you to get to the point where your salary is doubled) directly to the Bush-led government and it's focus on providing national defense. Maybe your skills will translate to the private sector at your current pay rate just fine and maybe they won't. I hope they do.

BigRedChief
11-04-2008, 06:58 AM
I see. You think that the only way government can help you is if they give you a handout. I should have anticipated this from an Obama supporter. The truth is that you are subject to economic forces whether you're getting handouts or not. .
I agree. Market forces are beyond my control. We are all in this same economy together. Trickle down economics doesn't work. They ballon the deficit and never get paid back. It's time to try something different.

patteeu
11-04-2008, 07:03 AM
I agree. Market forces are beyond my control. We are all in this same economy together. Trickle down economics doesn't work. They ballon the deficit and never get paid back. It's time to try something different.

Trickle down economics worked for you. Your salary doubled.

BigRedChief
11-04-2008, 07:08 AM
Trickle down economics worked for you. Your salary doubled.
Don't you think that after 8 years a person should be prospering more than they were? Especially if you add in additional education/training?

But as you know abortion is a deal breaker for me. If you don't support a womans right to make her own choice you are out as a viable candidate for my vote anyway.

Iowanian
11-04-2008, 07:20 AM
Don't you think that after 8 years a person should be prospering more than they were? Especially if you add in additional education/training?

It sounds like underneath your hugitoutocrat tendencies, you support the Republican "get off your ass and do something to improve yourself/personal accountability" thing...vs the Obama gonna buy me and my baby mama gas and pay my mortgage!!!for a decade!!!

J Diddy
11-04-2008, 07:21 AM
It sounds like underneath your hugitoutocrat tendencies, you support the Republican "get off your ass and do something to improve yourself/personal accountability" thing...vs the Obama gonna buy me and my baby mama gas and pay my mortgage!!!for a decade!!!

yes I want obama to buy my gas and pay my mortgage.:spock:

NewChief
11-04-2008, 07:21 AM

DEVO is my fave band of all time.

MM is the awesome. Check out Moon and Antartica, the Lonesome Crowded West, and Building Something out of Nothing.

Saulbadguy
11-04-2008, 07:22 AM
yes I want obama to buy my gas and pay my mortgage.:spock:

Yep, i'm planning on quitting my job once Obama gets elected. CASH PRIZES.

Iowanian
11-04-2008, 07:23 AM
I'll wager that Tiny is wearing a white jumpsuit with streamers, dancing around humming the Obamagirl song today.

Thia is Tiny's awakening.....video of his breakfast on VOTING DAY

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i1P3SGFQn5U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i1P3SGFQn5U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BigRedChief
11-04-2008, 07:25 AM
I voted for Ronald Regan twice, George H. Bush and support gun rights. So, I'm not a complete liberal. Just close.

yes, I'll support the idea of.....get off your ass and do something instead of sit around and complain about it.

I didn't need the government to pay for my training or education. some people need that or they have no chance to attend school or get additional education. But nothing in life is free. You get money from the government you need to work at a homeless shelter, clean up a park whatever to pay back the citizens who loaned you that money.

El Jefe
11-04-2008, 07:27 AM

Bill O'Reilly would rip you a new one, he can't stand people who want/expect handouts. "America doesn't owe us anything, we owe America".

Iowanian
11-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Most people get from life what they put into it.

If you're failing at life for 2 decades, its your fault.

J Diddy
11-04-2008, 07:33 AM
Yep, i'm planning on quitting my job once Obama gets elected. CASH PRIZES.

and for saul we have two boxes 1 is a set of steak knives the other is the 2 gazillion in taxes we've collected off the oil companies. Choose wisely or phone a friend.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Yep, another Obama vote cast.

Saulbadguy
11-04-2008, 07:55 AM
Most people get from life what they put into it.

If you're failing at life for 2 decades, its your fault.

Agreed. However there are lots of people that fail at life that have circumstances beyond their control, and the system does a fairly good job at weeding out the ones that don't deserve disability, and those who do.

Iowanian
11-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Such as?

I don't agree at all Saul. Disability is definitely abused. I live in an area with significant poverty and there are a lot of welfare rats who are PROUD to be on disability, and will try to get their kids on disability for one reason or another.

There are so many programs, grants, scholarships etc and there IS work available for anyone who actually wants it. You have to make the effort to look. Right now, I know of a community college that has 3 technical programs in which there is so much need, the program is FREE for the 2 year AA.

Its ok...Barry "John Bubber" Obama is going to save us....TODAY.

Saulbadguy
11-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Such as?

I don't agree at all Saul. Disability is definitely abused. I live in an area with significant poverty and there are a lot of welfare rats who are PROUD to be on disability, and will try to get their kids on disability for one reason or another.

There are so many programs, grants, scholarships etc and there IS work available for anyone who actually wants it. You have to make the effort to look. Right now, I know of a community college that has 3 technical programs in which there is so much need, the program is FREE for the 2 year AA.

Its ok...Barry "John Bubber" Obama is going to save us....TODAY.

Low income welfare, and disability payments are 2 different things. I have first hand knowledge of the disability system. Welfare I do not. At least in this state, IMO it works.

I'm willing to wager there are more people on disability, and low income welfare that need the system, than those who abuse the system. Unfortunately that would be impossible to ascertain, but I stand by it.

patteeu
11-04-2008, 08:12 AM

But as you know abortion is a deal breaker for me. If you don't support a womans right to make her own choice you are out as a viable candidate for my vote anyway.

If abortion is a litmus test for you then that's fine, but I wish you wouldn't disparage Bush's pro-growth policies (i.e. "trickle down") from which you and so many other Americans have clearly benefited.

I think it's great that you've invested in yourself and prospered over the past 8 years. That's exactly what conservatives intend to accomplish with their approach to government. You'd be a Republican poster child if you weren't so anxious to bite the hand that feeds (us the economic freedom that enables and encourages such self-directed success). It's the other party that relies on handouts and forced redistribution to "spread the wealth around".

Iowanian
11-04-2008, 08:13 AM
I know. I'm pretty familiar with the setup, and I've seen it abused significantly over the years. People that know how to work the system, do it like its their job, and they teach their children and family and friends how to do it.

You'd be surprised some of the things, for which perfectly capable people are drawing disability payments.

I also know that I helped bring in about 50 potential jobs to my area, and they're having problems keeping more than 25 people. You know why? Because they're making too much money, in threat of losing the free money....and quitting.

But thats all Ok.....Obama is going to save us. There will be no need as he'll provide baskets of fish and loaves for All.

Thanks Tiny.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2008, 08:14 AM
If abortion is a litmus test for you then that's fine*, but I wish you wouldn't disparage Bush's pro-growth policies (i.e. "trickle down") from which you and so many other Americans have clearly benefited.

I think it's great that you've invested in yourself and prospered over the past 8 years. That's exactly what conservatives intend to accomplish with their approach to government. You'd be a Republican poster child if you weren't so anxious to bite the hand that feeds (us the economic freedom that enables and encourages such self-directed success). It's the other party that relies on handouts and forced redistribution to "spread the wealth around".Line by line.

Pay attention.

BigRedChief
11-04-2008, 09:07 AM
If abortion is a litmus test for you then that's fine, but I wish you wouldn't disparage Bush's pro-growth policies (i.e. "trickle down") from which you and so many other Americans have clearly benefited.

I think it's great that you've invested in yourself and prospered over the past 8 years. That's exactly what conservatives intend to accomplish with their approach to government. You'd be a Republican poster child if you weren't so anxious to bite the hand that feeds (us the economic freedom that enables and encourages such self-directed success). It's the other party that relies on handouts and forced redistribution to "spread the wealth around".
I was a Republican for 12 years for exactly those kinds of reasons. The neo-cons have lost their way.

Demonpenz
11-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Conservitives don't like himmmmmm

barack the cashba barack the cashba

Iowanian
11-04-2008, 09:11 AM

patteeu
11-04-2008, 09:12 AM
I was a Republican for 12 years for exactly those kinds of reasons. The neo-cons have lost their way.

It sounds to me more like you have. You can't still believe in "exactly those kinds of reasons" and vote for Barack Obama. I'd stick with the abortion litmus test if I were you.

StcChief
11-04-2008, 09:14 AM
I was a Republican for 12 years for exactly those kinds of reasons. The neo-cons have lost their way.I've been one longer. Neo-cons RWNJ Religous folks took over....

being middle right... I can't vote for Bark and hope he's gonna be helping America, it will be worse off in < 4 years if he's elected.

xbarretx
11-04-2008, 09:31 AM
I've been one longer. Neo-cons RWNJ Religous folks took over....

being middle right... I can't vote for Bark and hope he's gonna be helping America, it will be worse off in < 4 years if he's elected.

im a moderate Rep but yes i voted for Obama.

http://www1.umn.edu/umnnews/img/assets/4243/I-Voted.gif

BigRedChief
11-04-2008, 09:34 AM
It sounds to me more like you have. You can't still believe in "exactly those kinds of reasons" and vote for Barack Obama. I'd stick with the abortion litmus test if I were you.
How so? I don't see Obama going back to the welfare and free money without work days.

patteeu
11-04-2008, 09:44 AM
How so? I don't see Obama going back to the welfare and free money without work days.

You said:

Trickle down economics doesn't work... It's time to try something different.

To me that indicates that it's you who has moved on, not conservatives.

BTW, with respect to that "welfare and free money without work" comment, how do you describe Obama's promises to give tax cuts to people who don't even pay taxes. Handouts aren't just bad if they're given to able bodied slackers. Your candidate wants to turn the clock back on welfare reform and create a new, more subtle system of handouts that will be equally effective at sapping the spirit that has helped you become successful from those who need it most.

xbarretx
11-04-2008, 09:50 AM
I expected your coming out party to have more pyrotechnics and maybe require some stunt men.

http://www.listal.com/image/products/220/B0000558QC/dvds/karaoke-coming-out-party.jpg

BigRedChief
11-04-2008, 09:51 AM
You said:

To me that indicates that it's you who has moved on, not conservatives.

BTW, with respect to that "welfare and free money without work" comment, how do you describe Obama's promises to give tax cuts to people who don't even pay taxes. Handouts aren't just bad if they're given to able bodied slackers. Your candidate wants to turn the clock back on welfare reform and create a new, more subtle system of handouts that will be equally effective at sapping the spirit that has helped you become successful from those who need it most.
I disagree with your interpetation.

If he does this subtle form of welfare I'll be at the front of the line with a pitchfork yelling throw the bum out.

And Republicans will not come back with trickle down economics plan next time.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Trickle down sucks, unless you are one of the top 2%. That leaves 98% left out of the equation. That's shit economics.

Iowanian
11-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Yeah bcf...its the 30K crowd that create the jobs.

Niblet2008
11-04-2008, 09:55 AM
I am voting for McCain

BigChiefFan
11-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Yeah bcf...its the 30K crowd that create the jobs.
That's funny, I seem to see more unemployed NOW than just a year ago. Every since 9-11, we've been on the downward spiral.

BigRedChief
11-04-2008, 09:58 AM
That's funny, I seem to see more unemployed NOW than just a year ago. Every since 9-11, we've been on the downward spiral.
760,000 jobs lost this year.

1 trillion in stock market value gone.

401K's worth half as much etc etc

triple
11-04-2008, 09:58 AM

really, do you have unemployment stats since 2001 to verify that?

patteeu
11-04-2008, 10:03 AM
I disagree with your interpetation.

If he does this subtle form of welfare I'll be at the front of the line with a pitchfork yelling throw the bum out.

And Republicans will not come back with trickle down economics plan next time.

I'm just telling you about the campaign promises that your own candidate has made. This isn't a super secret agenda of The One.

The Republicans will not abandon sound growth-oriented policies simply because many in the electorate got greedy this year and voted for the guy who promised handouts.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2008, 10:03 AM
From Oliver Willis...
The unemployment rate soared in August and employers slashed jobs, as a weakening in the labor market accelerated. The numbers suggest there is little good news ahead for American workers, who face deepening stress from several sides.

The jobless rate was 6.1 percent last month, up from 5.7 percent in July, the Labor Department said today. It is the highest unemployment rate in five years, and compares to joblessness of 4.1 percent one year ago.

Meanwhile, employers cut 84,000 jobs, the eighth straight month of losses and yet more evidence that businesses are cutting back. The report also revised July’s jobs report to show steeper losses than previously estimated.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm just telling you about the campaign promises that your own candidate has made. This isn't a super secret agenda of The One.

The Republicans will not abandon sound growth-oriented policies simply because many in the electorate got greedy this year and voted for the guy who promised handouts.Republicans will become obsolete in this next term. The Dems and independents will have a majority vote and won't have to worry about the Republicans and their policies.:D

bkkcoh
11-04-2008, 10:06 AM

http://www.latimes.com/media/thumbnails/graphic/2008-09/42182236-05212851.gif

triple
11-04-2008, 10:09 AM
From Oliver Willis...
The unemployment rate soared in August and employers slashed jobs, as a weakening in the labor market accelerated. The numbers suggest there is little good news ahead for American workers, who face deepening stress from several sides.

The jobless rate was 6.1 percent last month, up from 5.7 percent in July, the Labor Department said today. It is the highest unemployment rate in five years, and compares to joblessness of 4.1 percent one year ago.

Meanwhile, employers cut 84,000 jobs, the eighth straight month of losses and yet more evidence that businesses are cutting back. The report also revised July’s jobs report to show steeper losses than previously estimated.

you said that unemployment has been spiralling upward since 9/11. this just talks about the last 3 months.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2008, 10:10 AM
you said that unemployment has been spiralling upward since 9/11. this just talks about the last 3 months.Gee, don't look down one post.

triple
11-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Gee, don't look down one post.

boy, 5.4% to 6.1%, it's just skyrocketing.

and i noticed you conveniently leave out that part in the middle where it was at historic lows.

patteeu
11-04-2008, 10:13 AM
From Oliver Willis...

It's going to be a tough time to be President. Even moreso if the President's party has a deathgrip on both houses of Congress. If your guy wins he better be the miracle working messiah in which so many of your brethren have invested their full complement of faith or you're in for quite a political hangover.

L.A. Chieffan
11-04-2008, 10:18 AM

Cool commercial man props

BigChiefFan
11-04-2008, 10:22 AM
boy, 5.4% to 6.1%, it's just skyrocketing.

and i noticed you conveniently leave out that part in the middle where it was at historic lows.Yes or no, since you can't seem to grasp reality... Today, is the economy worse than when Bush took office?
I think we all know the answer to that. Fall on your sword now.

triple
11-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Yes or no, since you can't seem to grasp reality... Today, is the economy worse than when Bush took office?
I think we all know the answer to that. Fall on your sword now.

all I did was take issue with the facts of what you said, that unemployment has been spiraling upward since 9/11, which is demonstrably false.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2008, 10:24 AM
It's going to be a tough time to be President. Even moreso if the President's party has a deathgrip on both houses of Congress. If your guy wins he better be the miracle working messiah in which so many of your brethren have invested their full complement of faith or you're in for quite a political hangover.Still makes your original point pretty obsolete. Again, the Repubs brought this upon themselves and have noone to blame, but THEMSELVES, but please put the blame into the FUTURE, before anything even transpires.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2008, 10:26 AM
all I did was take issue with the facts of what you said, that unemployment has been spiraling upward since 9/11, which is demonstrably false.
What I said was...Every since 9-11, we've been on the downward spiral.

That's not necessarily referring to employment.

patteeu
11-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Still makes your original point pretty obsolete. Again, the Repubs brought this upon themselves and have noone to blame, but THEMSELVES, but please put the blame into the FUTURE, before anything even transpires.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but whatever my "original point" was, I doubt that anything you've said makes it obsolete.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2008, 11:00 AM
The Republicans will not abandon sound growth-oriented policies simply because many in the electorate got greedy this year and voted for the guy who promised handouts.

Again, I stated the Republicans won't be the majority, so they won't have a CHOICE on whether or not we choose to abandon their policies. Their obsolete and so is your point. Please tell me how the Republicans will be able to do anything about their policies? They won't because they're the minority.:D

So now you can't even admit that your party will have ZERO POWER?

patteeu
11-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Again, I stated the Republicans won't be the majority, so they won't have a CHOICE on whether or not we choose to abandon their policies. Their obsolete and so is your point. Please tell me how the Republicans will be able to do anything about their policies? They won't because they're the minority.:D

So now you can't even admit that your party will have ZERO POWER?

Try to keep up with your own idiotic chain of posts. We're talking about, in your words, what Republicans will or won't come back with "next time".

Iowanian
11-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Gee, don't look down one post.

I was saving this for Carlota...but you'll do.

BIG_DADDY
11-04-2008, 11:58 AM

That is all.

TE

LMAO

ClevelandBronco
11-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Who was it that said that an election is an advance auction for stolen goods?

That's never been truer than it is today.

warrior
11-04-2008, 04:11 PM
:thumb:One more independent for Obama

BigChiefFan
11-04-2008, 04:31 PM
I was saving this for Carlota...but you'll do.
If only it applied to me. It is cute, though.

I think some are mistaking anti-Bush and how this country has been for 8 years under his watch as Obama love. I like Obama, but in no way, shape, or form do I believe he's going to be all things to all people. He'll do better than Bush or Bush's policies(McCain) and that's a good reason to support Obama's candidacy, IMO. Bush AND his policies need to be shown the door.

TinyEvel
11-04-2008, 11:26 PM
w0000000000000000t!