PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Thigpen over past 4 games: 92.4 QB rating

KCJohnny
11-04-2008, 06:33 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg align=middle><TD class=ysptblhdr align=left width="20%" colSpan=3 height=18>Season Outlook</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=8><SPACER height="1" type="block" width="1"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=10>Passing</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=8><SPACER height="1" type="block" width="1"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=6>Rushing</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=8><SPACER height="1" type="block" width="1"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=3>Sacked</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=8><SPACER height="1" type="block" width="1"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=3>Fumbles</TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left></TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>G</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>QBRat</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Rush</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Avg</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Fum</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>FumL</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left>Last 4 Games</TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>92.4</TD><TD class=yspscores>49</TD><TD class=yspscores>82</TD><TD class=yspscores>59.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>557</TD><TD class=yspscores>139.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>6.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>3</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>17</TD><TD class=yspscores>79</TD><TD class=yspscores>19.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>4.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>7</TD><TD class=yspscores>51</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left>Week 5 (@CAR)</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>59.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>5</TD><TD class=yspscores>10</TD><TD class=yspscores>50.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>37</TD><TD class=yspscores>37.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>3.7</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD class=yspscores>16</TD><TD class=yspscores>16.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>4.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD class=yspscores>15</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left>Week 7 (TEN)</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>68.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>5</TD><TD class=yspscores>11</TD><TD class=yspscores>45.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>76</TD><TD class=yspscores>76.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>6.9</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>3</TD><TD class=yspscores>21</TD><TD class=yspscores>21.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>7.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD class=yspscores>6</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left>Week 8 (@NYJ)</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>110.9</TD><TD class=yspscores>25</TD><TD class=yspscores>36</TD><TD class=yspscores>69.4</TD><TD class=yspscores>280</TD><TD class=yspscores>280.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>7.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>2</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD class=yspscores>20</TD><TD class=yspscores>20.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>5.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD class=yspscores>30</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left>Week 9 (TAM)</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>89.4</TD><TD class=yspscores>14</TD><TD class=yspscores>25</TD><TD class=yspscores>56.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>164</TD><TD class=yspscores>164.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>6.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>6</TD><TD class=yspscores>22</TD><TD class=yspscores>22.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>3.7</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left>2008 Year to Date</TD><TD class=yspscores>6</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>67.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>77</TD><TD class=yspscores>151</TD><TD class=yspscores>51.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>836</TD><TD class=yspscores>139.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>5.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>5</TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>19</TD><TD class=yspscores>103</TD><TD class=yspscores>17.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>5.4</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>12</TD><TD class=yspscores>91</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>2</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Stats don't tell the whole story of course, but I think most of us can agree this trends in the right direction.
The reason for the upwards spike? Here's my take:

1. Gailey given the freedom to adapt the system to the players rather than the reverse. The spread/shotgun suits Thiggy to a "T". (Memo to Herm: scrap that dismal Tampa 2 on _efense and let Cunningham do the same as Gailey)

2. Mark Bradley is emerging a very viable #2 WR. This changes everything as teams have to account for more than just Bowe and Gonzalez. Me like:) !

3. Thigpen himself. He reminds me of a slightly more gifted version of Rich Gannon. He scrambles, he rolls out, he runs for first downs, he changes the play at the LOS when needed (Bradley's 56 yd bomb). In the last 4 games, Thiggy has not thrown a pick. (One might add he has a rushing TD and a receiving TD in the last 4 games as well)...

The O Line has stepped up as well. They seem to like the spread and that may be antiHerm, but "you play to win the game", right coach?

KCJ
:arrow:

MIAdragon
11-04-2008, 06:36 AM
I dont care he sucks
love, Claythan

KCJohnny
11-04-2008, 06:39 AM
BTW, all 4 of those games were against opponents .500 or better.

JuicesFlowing
11-04-2008, 06:46 AM
Croyle never was a good fit for Gailey's style of offense. Square peg, round hole. It's too bad it took half the season for our offense to develop any sort of identity.

KCJohnny
11-04-2008, 06:55 AM
Croyle never was a good fit for Gailey's style of offense. Square peg, round hole. It's too bad it took half the season for our offense to develop any sort of identity.

Yeah, but if this is our identity, watch out. We're the youngest team in the NFL and with a base crew of Thiggy, Charles, Cox, Albert, Bradley, Cottam and D-Bowe, these guys could be playing together for 5-6 more years.

Reminds me of Billick in a way. He rose to fame with the most prolific offense in NFL history in Minny and then won a SB with a monster D and a Clark Kent offense in 2000 (Ravens). Wouldn't it be poetic justice if Herm was inadvertantly sitting on an explosive spread offense when he came here to build a win-ugly-in-the-4th-quarter-BucBall team?

Billick had the good sense to shelf his 'rep' as an offensive guru and go with the talent the Ravens had - all the way to the Super Bowl. Hopefully Herm will give Gailey a chance to get all there is to get from these kids and also let Gun do the same instead of trying to pound the square peg of our D talent into the round hole of the Tampa 2 scheme.

morphius
11-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Well, I don't think taking up all the practice snaps to only play a couple series really fits any OC scheme.

KCJohnny
11-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Well, I don't think taking up all the practice snaps to only play a couple series really fits any OC scheme.

Yes, but the last 2 weeks Chan was able to plan for a Thigification of the Chiefs' O and Tyler has responded in a big way against some good competition. Now its all about Herm letting the O play 4 quarters of Channyball with Herm trying to "keep the score down and win the 4th quarter".

4 games with a 92.4 rating, 5 total TDs and no INTs is pretty dang impressive for a guy on his 3rd NFL start on a losing team.

ArrowheadHawk
11-04-2008, 08:18 AM
I hope he can keep up the good work.

ziggysocki
11-04-2008, 08:37 AM
I say the job is his to lose until further notice. We still need to take or find a quarterback as a legit backup, but the first pick of the draft has to go to the best available player on the board. Thigpen has shown he has the tools to win, probably not as a superstar, but you never know. All I can say that if he continues to play well, win or lose, he deserves to keep this job. I thank him for giving me something to cheer for in the last 2 weeks. I hate Herm for his penchant for "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory", as it was stated in an earlier thread.

KCJohnny
11-04-2008, 08:38 AM
I say the job is his to lose until further notice. We still need to take or find a quarterback as a legit backup, but the first pick of the draft has to go to the best available player on the board. Thigpen has shown he has the tools to win, probably not as a superstar, but you never know. All I can say that if he continues to play well, win or lose, he deserves to keep this job. I thank him for giving me something to cheer for in the last 2 weeks. I hate Herm for his penchant for "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory", as it was stated in an earlier thread.

Quinn Gray is no slouch as a #2.

Reerun_KC
11-04-2008, 08:58 AM
So KCJohnny?
How quickly are we going to get back to the mainstay of 9-7? You think Herm can get us there next year?

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-04-2008, 08:59 AM
I hope he continues to develope, do well and lose.

KCJohnny
11-04-2008, 09:05 AM
So KCJohnny?
How quickly are we going to get back to the mainstay of 9-7? You think Herm can get us there next year?

Its a step towards 13-3. If Herm lets Chan and Gun do their jobs, we can be 9-7 next year. C'mon, we play the AFC Worst 6 times.

ziggysocki
11-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Quinn Gray is no slouch as a #2.

Then why has no team kept him past preseason? No team, not even as a third QB. Only the Chiefs, in basically an emergency situation. I am not saying he couldn't come in and hand the ball off and even make some throws, but would he be seen as a possible QBOTF if Thigpen washes out?

The Franchise
11-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Chan has shown that when Herm doesn't handcuff him....he can actually call a decent game. It would be nice if we could dump the Tampa 2 and let Gun do whatever he wants. That way if the defense still sucks it up.....we can just fire Gun at the end of the year.

So far the only two coaches that need to stay are Chan Gailey and Eric Price. Gailey at OC next year and Price at QB coach.

Reerun_KC
11-04-2008, 09:09 AM
C'mon, we play the AFC Worst 6 times.

Well since Herm decided to make us a big factor in the AFC Worst by going 5 - 19 over the last two years...

Do you think we could actually beat ourselves and squeek out a couple of wins?

The Franchise
11-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Well since Herm decided to make us a big factor in the AFC Worst by going 5 - 19 over the last two years...

Do you think we could actually beat ourselves and squeek out a couple of wins?

I see maybe a win over the Raiders and that's about it. The Chargers are going to kill us because of our lack of defense and I don't think we can pull the sweep on the Broncos this year.

I see 3 wins at the end of the season. Broncos, Raiders and Bengals.

KCJohnny
11-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Chan has shown that when Herm doesn't handcuff him....he can actually call a decent game. It would be nice if we could dump the Tampa 2 and let Gun do whatever he wants. That way if the defense still sucks it up.....we can just fire Gun at the end of the year.

So far the only two coaches that need to stay are Chan Gailey and Eric Price. Gailey at OC next year and Price at QB coach.

Everyone knows I am a huge Gun fan. But I have no objection to this plan at all. Tampa 2 is a huge albatross around Cunningham's neck. Cut it loose and let him do what he does best. If he fails, fire him. But for Pete's sake STOP THE MICRO MANAGING, HERM.

ziggysocki
11-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Everyone knows I am a huge Gun fan. But I have no objection to this plan at all. Tampa 2 is a huge albatross aroung\d Cunningham's neck. Cut it loose and let him do what he does best. If he fails, fire him. But for Pete's sake STOP THE MICRO MANAGING, HERM.

Agreed. Tampa two does not fit this team.

Reerun_KC
11-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Everyone knows I am a huge Gun fan. But I have no objection to this plan at all. Tampa 2 is a huge albatross aroung\d Cunningham's neck. Cut it loose and let him do what he does best. If he fails, fire him. But for Pete's sake STOP THE MICRO MANAGING, HERM.

This I agree with KCJohnny, one of the first things I agree with you...

This is Herms biggest down fall as a coach. He does and still will continue to micro manage. If it works, he says "I" and "I" this and that, but when we lose, it was an "told you so" sermon saying I am better than my players because they didnt execute "my" plan and "they" need to understand and play better.

Herm's smug pompus ass is one of the main reasons I cant stand him as a coach, well that and the fact that he will NEVER take a team to a superbowl or win many regular season or playoff games. He has no backbone and when cornered, he will Huard and punt.

The Franchise
11-04-2008, 09:20 AM

Honestly I'd love for Clark to come out and say that Carl will be relinquishing his football operations title at the end of this year and will finish out his contract overseeing the upgrades to Arrowhead. It would also be nice if he would let Herm know to quit handcuffing his coordinators and then let the coordinators know that they will be auditioning for their jobs in the final remaining games.

Reerun_KC
11-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Honestly I'd love for Clark to come out and say that Carl will be relinquishing his football operations title at the end of this year and will finish out his contract overseeing the upgrades to Arrowhead. It would also be nice if he would let Herm know to quit handcuffing his coordinators and then let the coordinators know that they will be auditioning for their jobs in the final remaining games.

Along with Herm auditioning for his job as well! Because Herm has caused more damange than good since he has arrived.

Herm should be judged on his ability to adapt and become a leader of men, not dictate and control with his Communist approach to coaching.

The Franchise
11-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Along with Herm auditioning for his job as well! Because Herm has caused more damange than good since he has arrived.

Herm should be judged on his ability to adapt and become a leader of men, not dictate and control with his Communist approach to coaching.

Crap...I left that part out.

If I was Clark then I would have a coaches meeting and let them all know that they are auditioning for their job next year. Tell Herm to remove the handcuffs and let them do what they want. Gailey has already proven that he can create an offensive scheme that works for what talent he has. It'd be nice if Herm wouldn't get to the 4th quarter and force his RRRP scheme on him.

Reerun_KC
11-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Crap...I left that part out.

If I was Clark then I would have a coaches meeting and let them all know that they are auditioning for their job next year. Tell Herm to remove the handcuffs and let them do what they want. Gailey has already proven that he can create an offensive scheme that works for what talent he has. It'd be nice if Herm wouldn't get to the 4th quarter and force his RRRP scheme on him.

All Herm wants to do is "Dictate and control with his Communist approach to coaching."

I agree, but still a good post by you.<!-- / message --><!-- / Jeff Removed Sig -->

talastan
11-04-2008, 09:35 AM
The fact is Gailey is finally setting up our offense to succeed. As was said earlier, this spread adaptation we've been using these past couple of weeks is working better with the players on the field. This should show people something. You coach to your players strengths. We don't have a power run, clock controlling, offense. We have a spread out, pass to set up the run, offense. Our players seem to be more suited to that. Our defense seems to be more suited to man to man coverage, and multiple blitz packages. So quit with the soft coverage Tampa 2 already. Herm adores Dungy, so he needs to be like Dungy, learn there is a time to abandon philosophy so that you can be successful. Just like Dungy did when he went to Indy and had to trust Peyton to take care of it!

Long Duk Dong
11-04-2008, 09:55 AM
BTW, all 4 of those games were against opponents .500 or better.

Thats encouraging.

beach tribe
11-04-2008, 10:31 AM
The fact is Gailey is finally setting up our offense to succeed. As was said earlier, this spread adaptation we've been using these past couple of weeks is working better with the players on the field. This should show people something. You coach to your players strengths. We don't have a power run, clock controlling, offense. We have a spread out, pass to set up the run, offense. Our players seem to be more suited to that. Our defense seems to be more suited to man to man coverage, and multiple blitz packages. So quit with the soft coverage Tampa 2 already. Herm adores Dungy, so he needs to be like Dungy, learn there is a time to abandon philosophy so that you can be successful. Just like Dungy did when he went to Indy and had to trust Peyton to take care of it!

That's why I have said that I can't pin the defensive woes on Gunther. This Defense we're running is no Gunther Defense I've ever seen. I cannot stand this Soft zone crap. It does not work for us at all. Remember a couple years back when our defense was improving, and we would stack the line with damn near everyone, and at the snap, players would either blitz, or drop back, or everyone would come, or everyone would drop back, and no one knew where the hell anything was coming from? That was Gunther's D, and it was starting to work before we went to this crap.

Micjones
11-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Coaches should always play to their strengths.
I remember when Al Saunders realized what he had in Priest Holmes.
The light went on and we became an offensive juggernaut.

I don't expect Thigpen to be as productive as Holmes was, but the last 2 games he's looked like the light might finally be coming on. Very excited to see what he has the rest of the way this year.

I think Herm needs to let his hair down on defense and do things more natural for the players he has on that side of the ball.

L.A. Chieffan
11-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Most important stat: 1 Sack

Coach
11-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Most important stat: 1 Sack

While that is true, it still doesn't give the O-line any passes at all, considering that pass blocking still needs improvement. There were several times where Thigpen had to bail out and move away from the pressure when the O-line protection degenerated.

ziggysocki
11-04-2008, 12:58 PM
While that is true, it still doesn't give the O-line any passes at all, considering that pass blocking still needs improvement. There were several times where Thigpen had to bail out and move away from the pressure when the O-line protection degenerated.

Coach is right. There have been plenty of times where Huard (120 or more) would have curled up and taken a sack. It probably would have only happened to Croyle once, cause he would have gotten broken, but Thigpen escapes an eroding pocket at least long enough to throw it away.

blueballs
11-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Thigpen doesn't do as well in the second half after the defense has figured him and the scheme out
this could be a sign of things to come or just inexerpience
if he improves in the second half of games that should be a sign to watch for -me thinks

Reerun_KC
11-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Coach is right. There have been plenty of times where Huard (120 or more) would have curled up and taken a sack. It probably would have only happened to Croyle once, cause he would have gotten broken, but Thigpen escapes an eroding pocket at least long enough to throw it away.

And makes the right decision to throw it away....

PhillyChiefFan
11-04-2008, 02:14 PM
I was going to pick him up as a fantasy backup but I have had bad experience this year:

Romo, Orton, Kitna, and Schaub have all been quarterbacks of mine at one point or another...so yea, as a Chiefs fan searching for something to believe in I passed on Thigpen.

You are all welcome.

Hammock Parties
11-04-2008, 03:02 PM
If he fails, fire him. .

Please. He's already failed.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-04-2008, 03:07 PM
I picked up Thigpen because Derek Anderson got benched.

Hammock Parties
11-04-2008, 03:07 PM
He's going to fail horribly this weekend.

RustShack
11-04-2008, 03:12 PM
But but... Nick wrote an article about how bad Gailey was...

Brock
11-04-2008, 03:13 PM
I am going to fail horribly at life.

FYP

ChiefGator
11-04-2008, 05:46 PM
All Herm wants to do is "Dictate and control with his Communist approach to coaching."

I'm gonna guess you mean Fascist approach....

ChiefGator
11-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Oh yeah, and I do agree with KCJohnny. (hard to say sometimes).

Especially about Bradley, Chan Gailey, and Thigpen. Hmm.. Guess I especially agree with ya!

KCJohnny
11-04-2008, 06:04 PM
That's why I have said that I can't pin the defensive woes on Gunther. This Defense we're running is no Gunther Defense I've ever seen. I cannot stand this Soft zone crap. It does not work for us at all. Remember a couple years back when our defense was improving, and we would stack the line with damn near everyone, and at the snap, players would either blitz, or drop back, or everyone would come, or everyone would drop back, and no one knew where the hell anything was coming from? That was Gunther's D, and it was starting to work before we went to this crap.

Amen! Herm came here preaching Tampa 2 and force fed it to Cunningham. While the '07 D was commendable for its improvements over previous Chiefs Ds, the wheels have clearly come off with the current talent pool. We are the worst _efense in the NFL (or dang near it).

Herm needs to give Gun the same latitude he appears to be giving Chan.

Hammock Parties
11-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Call me when he doesn't shove a thumb up his ass in the second half.

Hammock Parties
11-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Amen! Herm came here preaching Tampa 2 and force fed it to Cunningham. While the '07 D was commendable for its improvements over previous Chiefs Ds, the wheels have clearly come off with the current talent pool. We are the worst _efense in the NFL (or dang near it).

Herm needs to give Gun the same latitude he appears to be giving Chan.

You are truly clueless, KCJohnny. Gunther studied under the legendary Bud Carson, who practically INVENTED the Cover 2. He has said NUMEROUS times since Herm arrived in KC that he was fine running it.

Furthermore, we don't even RUN the Cover 2 as our primary defense this year. We've done a TON of blitzing with man coverage.

Basically you don't know what you're talking about. But don't let that stop you from defending your care package hero, who has failed HORRIBLY since Carl hired him in 2004. HORRIBLY. ABSOLUTE FAILURE. FROM GUNTHER FUCKING CUNNINGHAM. A LOSER. A GOD. DAMNED. LOSER.

FUCK GOD, TOO!

Tribal Warfare
11-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Call me when he doesn't shove a thumb up his ass in the second half.

If look at past two games the teams KC played have been playing flat. If it was either making stupid mistakes, or just not executing like they usually do. San Diego should be interesting because they'll come out with guns blazing.

KCJohnny
11-05-2008, 06:53 AM
If look at past two games the teams KC played have been playing flat. If it was either making stupid mistakes, or just not executing like they usually do. San Diego should be interesting because they'll come out with guns blazing.

Oh yes, if the Chiefs do anything right, it must be attributable to the 'flatness' of the other team.

The Chiefs were in position to win both games in the final 4 minutes, and they are the youngest team in the NFL. They are on their 3rd starting QB and have lost other players to injury (including all vet CBs). Thigpen's passer rating over the last 4 games has been a sparkling 92.4 and he has not thrown a pic in those 4 contests, but its all because the other teams were 'flat'.

There's something flat here alright: your support for '08 Chiefs.

windwalker
11-05-2008, 07:01 AM
I like Thiggy-pop

milkman
11-05-2008, 07:26 AM
You are truly clueless, KCJohnny. Gunther studied under the legendary Bud Carson, who practically INVENTED the Cover 2. He has said NUMEROUS times since Herm arrived in KC that he was fine running it.

Furthermore, we don't even RUN the Cover 2 as our primary defense this year. We've done a TON of blitzing with man coverage.

Basically you don't know what you're talking about. But don't let that stop you from defending your care package hero, who has failed HORRIBLY since Carl hired him in 2004. HORRIBLY. ABSOLUTE FAILURE. FROM GUNTHER ****ING CUNNINGHAM. A LOSER. A GOD. DAMNED. LOSER.

**** GOD, TOO!

I absolutely fucking hate agreeing with Claythan on football topics, but he's right.

The Chiefs might be running a Cover 2 on about 30% of their defensive snaps, if that.

milkman
11-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Oh, and the trademark of Cunther defenses.

Piss poor tackling and the absolute worst third and long defense I've ever seen.

Cunther, like the rest of the fucking idiots running things, is useless.

KCJohnny
11-05-2008, 07:33 AM
I like Thiggy-pop

Me too.

Hootie
11-05-2008, 07:35 AM
Oh, and the trademark of ****her defenses.

Piss poor tackling and the absolute worst third and long defense I've ever seen.

****her, like the rest of the ****ing idiots running things, is useless.

we do have a TERRIBLE 3rd and long defense...it's god damn atrocious.

But right now, FOR THIS YEAR, I'm worried about the offense and offense only...our defense is going to be shit until we get a rush end, or two, or three plain and simple.

We have 4 sacks, we generate NO pressure...our LB's are god awful as well...

I think we have an above average secondary when Flowers is playing...Flowers and Carr are the real deal...Page and Pollard are grossly inconsistent but I think they'd be fine if the opposing QB didn't have all day to pick our seems apart.

Like I said...if we lose every week like we did last week THIS YEAR, I'm ok with that...we got to see a little creativity, we got to see Thigpen play well again, we got to see Charles, Cottam...Albert...our O-line play well...Gonzalez make some great catches...Bowe with a TD...I'm ok with this. I like this. The last two weeks have been highly entertaining...that's all I wanted out of this year.

Herm showed me last year, even the year before, he's capable of putting together a pretty decent defensive scheme if we have a little pass rush...I'm not giving him a pass because he had a lot to do with the personnel on this team this year, but with no pass rush, no coach is going to succeed in this pass first NFL. So our defensive woes don't worry me...

KChiefs1
11-05-2008, 08:34 AM
I actually have hope for this season now.

Frosty
11-05-2008, 08:36 AM
I absolutely ****ing hate agreeing with Claythan on football topics, but he's right.

The Chiefs might be running a Cover 2 on about 30% of their defensive snaps, if that.

Interviews with DJ and Pollard on Petro's show recently have verified this. They said that they rarely run Cover 2 and don't even consider it their base defense.

Gunther apologists can quit using this for an excuse.

RedThat
11-05-2008, 08:37 AM
we do have a TERRIBLE 3rd and long defense...it's god damn atrocious.

But right now, FOR THIS YEAR, I'm worried about the offense and offense only...our defense is going to be shit until we get a rush end, or two, or three plain and simple.

We have 4 sacks, we generate NO pressure...our LB's are god awful as well...

I think we have an above average secondary when Flowers is playing...Flowers and Carr are the real deal...Page and Pollard are grossly inconsistent but I think they'd be fine if the opposing QB didn't have all day to pick our seems apart.

Like I said...if we lose every week like we did last week THIS YEAR, I'm ok with that...we got to see a little creativity, we got to see Thigpen play well again, we got to see Charles, Cottam...Albert...our O-line play well...Gonzalez make some great catches...Bowe with a TD...I'm ok with this. I like this. The last two weeks have been highly entertaining...that's all I wanted out of this year.

Herm showed me last year, even the year before, he's capable of putting together a pretty decent defensive scheme if we have a little pass rush...I'm not giving him a pass because he had a lot to do with the personnel on this team this year, but with no pass rush, no coach is going to succeed in this pass first NFL. So our defensive woes don't worry me...

Worried about the offense? Lets see how the rest of this season pans out to see if the Chiefs should be drafting offensive players in the draft. If Albert, Charles, Thigpen and Bradley all play extremely well to the end of the season, the Chiefs may not need to draft offensive players?

Not concerned about our defensive woes? I am. That's the glaring weakness of the team all year. And I blame in large part the coaching and the lack of personnel in the front seven. Krumrie needs to be fired in a heartbeat and Gunther can go with him as well. I really think the focus in this draft should be defense. Getting as much help along the front seven as they can get and bringing in a co-ordinator and some good position coaches in here that coach these guys well.

Reerun_KC
11-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Worried about the offense? Lets see how the rest of this season pans out to see if the Chiefs should be drafting offensive players in the draft. If Albert, Charles, Thigpen and Bradley all play extremely well to the end of the season, the Chiefs may not need to draft offensive players?

Not concerned about our defensive woes? I am. That's the glaring weakness of the team all year. And I blame in large part the coaching and the lack of personnel in the front seven. Krumrie needs to be fired in a heartbeat and Gunther can go with him as well. I really think the focus in this draft should be defense. Getting as much help along the front seven as they can get and bringing in a co-ordinator and some good position coaches in here that coach these guys well.

Funny how it is all Krumrie and Guns fault the but the guy that was supposed to be the man at drafting talent gets a nice free pass, as usual...

Quesadilla Joe
11-05-2008, 08:57 AM
I think his career will end much like Brodie Croyles did... Without a win.:)

I'm sorry. I just don't think Tyler Thigpen is a QBOTF. And it has nothing to do with me being a Bronco fan.

milkman
11-05-2008, 09:04 AM

I'm sorry. I just don't think Tyler Thigpen is a QBOTF. And it has nothing to do with me being a Bronco fan.

The average fans look at QB wins and losses and think that's a good barometor to measure his success.

I look at the fact that Steve Bono had the highest winning percentage among active QBs when he started for the Chiefs and tell you that might be the least accurate means of measuring QB play.

That is even more true for any poor bastard that starts for a team coached by Herman fucking Edwards.

RedThat
11-05-2008, 09:15 AM
The average fans look at QB wins and losses and think that's a good barometor to measure his success.

I look at the fact that Steve Bono had the highest winning percentage among active QBs when he started for the Chiefs and tell you that might be the least accurate means of measuring QB play.

That is even more true for any poor bastard that starts for a team coached by Herman ****ing Edwards.

I couldn't agree with you more on this. Another example of this would be Trent Dilfer who was a mere average QB that had a great winning percentage because he was on a good team. Yet some thought he was a good quarterback.

I think a good way to measure whether a quarterback has the potential is based on his attributes. I think his success is determined based upon his performance that simple. He can perform well and the team will still lose games because the team. Tyler Thigpen fits that bill exactly.

KCJohnny
11-05-2008, 09:28 AM

That is even more true for any poor bastard that starts for a team coached by Herman ****ing Edwards.

Your irrational hatred makes your posts irrelevant. You are one angry beaver.

Reerun_KC
11-05-2008, 09:32 AM

One could say your irrational homerism and devine love for all things Herm makes most of your posts irrelevant...

Its one extreme or the other... Some like you are extremely biased Carl and Herm can do no wrong in your eyes... While others, can see they there isnt much hope for the future with Carl and Herm...

milkman
11-05-2008, 09:34 AM

Your stupidity knows no bounds, does it?
I wasn't hating, dumbass.

I was defending Thigpen.

And FTR, my hatred is rationed equally to those deserving.

KCJohnny
11-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Your stupidity knows no bounds, does it?
I wasn't hating, dumbass.

I was defending Thigpen.

And FTR, my hatred is rationed equally to those deserving.

Your hatred is sin.

milkman
11-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Your hatred is sin.

Take your bible thumping ass elswhere.

I don't give a rat's ass about your mythology.

Frosty
11-05-2008, 10:21 AM
You are one angry Beaver.

FYP and - no, that would be me. :mad:

King_Chief_Fan
11-05-2008, 12:05 PM

we are hoping that Thigpen can gain the accuracy and velocity that Cutler has......oh wait, Cutler's been throwing to the other team hasn't he? Thanks for the definition of QBOTF

dj56dt58
11-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Funny how it is all Krumrie and Guns fault the but the guy that was supposed to be the man at drafting talent gets a nice free pass, as usual...

Hali, Flowers, Carr, Dorsey, McBride, Tyler, ect..all have talent, they have to be coached to live up to their potential..something kc coaches rarely do..

Flowers and Carr might not need a lot of coaching but the others do..McBride needs to be a little quicker off the line to get sacks instead of personal fouls..wheres the coaching to help there?

Reerun_KC
11-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Hali, Flowers, Carr, Dorsey, McBride, Tyler, ect..all have talent, they have to be coached to live up to their potential..something kc coaches rarely do..

Flowers and Carr might not need a lot of coaching but the others do..McBride needs to be a little quicker off the line to get sacks instead of personal fouls..wheres the coaching to help there?

Point taken. We are really lacking coaching from the top to the bottom. The only way most of these players will get better is if we blow the whole coaching staff up and start fresh...

We are running in quicksand...

KCJohnny
11-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Oh yeah, and I do agree with KCJohnny. (hard to say sometimes).

Especially about Bradley, Chan Gailey, and Thigpen. Hmm.. Guess I especially agree with ya!

The sting eventually wears off. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

KCJohnny
11-09-2008, 10:47 PM
UPDATE:

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class="yspdetailttl first" align=left height=18>Kansas City</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Rating </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=first align=left>T. Thigpen</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>41</TD><TD>266</TD><TD>65.9</TD><TD>6.5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>108.4 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Not a fluke.

L.A. Chieffan
11-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Thigpen is Pro-Choice.

macdawg
11-09-2008, 11:45 PM
Mark Bradley has been a huge addition and I'm still hoping that over to see some things from Franklin this year. If Franklin can prove to be a solid and reliable guy that will draw my attention to other positions in need for next year such as RT, RB, DE, MLB, OLB, (to a lesser degree C, RG, and QB).

I don't want to speak too soon yet about Thiggy but if he plays out the year like this you have to give him another shot next year with an improved line, healthy crew of RB's, and a better defense and they will win games.

blueballs
11-09-2008, 11:59 PM
I'd make that two DEs
Tamba is a fine line from having durability issues

ClevelandBronco
11-10-2008, 12:02 AM
I'd make that two DEs
Tamba is a fine line from having durability issues

What did he go out with in the 4th? Just cramps?

alanm
11-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Its a step towards 13-3. If Herm lets Chan and Gun do their jobs, we can be 9-7 next year. C'mon, we play the AFC Worst 6 times.13-3 is the kiss of death for the Chiefs. Never mention that record as an aspiration to attain. :shake:

alanm
11-10-2008, 12:53 AM
Mark Bradley has been a huge addition and I'm still hoping that over to see some things from Franklin this year. If Franklin can prove to be a solid and reliable guy that will draw my attention to other positions in need for next year such as RT, RB, DE, MLB, OLB, (to a lesser degree C, RG, and QB).

I don't want to speak too soon yet about Thiggy but if he plays out the year like this you have to give him another shot next year with an improved line, healthy crew of RB's, and a better defense and they will win games.Would they run the same offense is the question.