PDA

View Full Version : Elections 6 KCMO precincts sent wrong voter rolls...

jAZ
11-04-2008, 08:21 AM
... sounds like people aren't being allowed to vote in 6 precincts in KCMO right now. Could be an honest mistake... For sure if that happened in one precinct would seem very possible. But 6? That woudl be one way to keep minority voting down. I wonder which precincts it was.

Iowanian
11-04-2008, 08:22 AM
If the drop offs were put out of order by one, it could easily be a chain reaction.

People think that elections just magically happen. There is SO much more work behind the scenes that these officials do than the average voter will ever understand.

Once the problem is figured out, it wouldn't take them that long to correct it.
Someone will be accountable for the mistake.

triple
11-04-2008, 08:23 AM
I blame whoever is in charge of elections in jackson county

dirk digler
11-04-2008, 08:24 AM
If the drop offs were put out of order by one, it could easily be a chain reaction.

People think that elections just magically happen. There is SO much more work behind the scenes that these officials do than the average voter will ever understand.

Once the problem is figured out, it wouldn't take them that long to correct it.
Someone will be accountable for the mistake.

Yep. They will fix it and keep the polls open longer to make sure everyone votes.

Stewie
I saw one precinct and they were voting at All Souls Church. A picture of the voters standing in line appeared to be mostly middle class white folk.

jAZ

Good point.

Mr. Laz
11-04-2008, 08:56 AM
they got it all fixed ....... the lines are long but stuff is now getting done.

HonestChieffan
11-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Its a conspiracy against the poor!

Iowanian
11-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Its better to get things figured out now when lines are shorter vs lunch time and late afternoon/evenings.

The typical evening problems are things like running out of ballots.

The officials "estimate" ballots for each precinct based on previous elections. If a shit ton of extra people vote, you'll start seeing those problems tonight around 7-8pm.

luv
11-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Its better to get things figured out now when lines are shorter vs lunch time and late afternoon/evenings.

The typical evening problems are things like running out of ballots.

The officials "estimate" ballots for each precinct based on previous elections. If a shit ton of extra people vote, you'll start seeing those problems tonight around 7-8pm.

Polls around here typically close at 7pm. I guess we should be good.

StcChief
11-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Mid-afternoon sounds good.

HonestChieffan
11-04-2008, 09:33 AM
StLouis lets people vote after they close polls, that how Claire got elected

|Zach|
11-04-2008, 10:04 AM
In and out in 18 mins.

The polling place was real close you could see it out my window and throw a baseball at it if you wanted to.

Everything was orderly and moving along.

Infidel Goat
11-04-2008, 10:23 AM
StLouis lets people vote after they close polls, that how Claire got elected

Anybody in line before the polls closed has to be allowed to vote.

Now, they shouldn't let anyone join a long line after the polls have closed...