PDA

View Full Version : Elections This is a very sensitive thread.

El Jefe
11-04-2008, 02:23 PM
I was thinking when I read a post from Duck Dog, and he said he hoped some dumb white doesn't take Obama out, like MLK was taken out when he was murdered(not word for word quote).

I had to pick up and drop some kids off that come to our Church for a youth night every wednesday, and they aren't our normal youth kids. They come from a rougher part of town where the parents let them do whatever they want, and they send them to different church programs all the time, because it's like free babysitting. We pick them up and drop them off, the kids go to like 2-3 different churches a week, I feel bad for the kids because they are good kids they just need some parents. Anyway, we had one kid who is in 4th grade and he started talking about who we were going to vote for, and we didn't get into any of my thoughts on the elections, so he proceeded to tell me his. He says his dad doesn't like McCain or Obama, but says he would would vote for Obama because he likes Biden and Obama will get assassinated after a week anyway. I said why does he think that, and he said oh because there are a lot of rednecks who want him dead.

I don't like Obama, or anything about the guy at all, but I would never wish death upon him. I just wanted to get peoples opinon on if Obama does get into office, if you do think there will be an attempt on his life.

Mecca
11-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Well that atleast makes you a better person than some of the other posters around here...notice the Big Daddy thread yesterday.

jidar
11-04-2008, 02:27 PM
An old lady at my work said something similar just the other day. That rednecks would assassinate Obama if he wins.. then after a pause she added that she might do it herself, and then she made a motion like she was cocking a rifle.

It's still real racist behind closed doors in some places here in the US, particularly in the rural areas like this.

the Talking Can
11-04-2008, 02:29 PM
I was thinking when I read a post from Duck Dog, and he said he hoped some dumb white doesn't take Obama out, like MLK was taken out when he was murdered(not word for word quote).

I had to pick up and drop some kids off that come to our Church for a youth night every wednesday, and they aren't our normal youth kids. They come from a rougher part of town where the parents let them do whatever they want, and they send them to different church programs all the time, because it's like free babysitting. We pick them up and drop them off, the kids go to like 2-3 different churches a week, I feel bad for the kids because they are good kids they just need some parents. Anyway, we had one kid who is in 4th grade and he started talking about who we were going to vote for, and we didn't get into any of my thoughts on the elections, so he proceeded to tell me his. He says his dad doesn't like McCain or Obama, but says he would would vote for Obama because he likes Biden and Obama will get assasinated after a week anyway. I said why does he think that, and he said oh because there are a lot of rednecks who want him dead.

I don't like Obama, or anything about the guy at all, but I would never wish death upon him. I just wanted to get peoples opinon on if Obama does get into office, if you do think there will be an attempt on his life.

bid daddy has already said that obama may need to be assassinated....in this forum, and he wasn't kidding...

jidar
11-04-2008, 02:30 PM
bid daddy has already said that obama may need to be assassinated....in this forum, and he wasn't kidding...

Yeah but since when does anyone take a BD post seriously?

Brock
11-04-2008, 02:31 PM
It does indeed make me nervous to see him out in front of thousands of people like at stadiums and parks and whatever.

BIG_DADDY
11-04-2008, 02:32 PM

I asked for predictions, I never said he needed to be. Making shit up only shows your lack of ability to respond.

ClevelandBronco
11-04-2008, 02:32 PM
I just wanted to get peoples opinon on if Obama does get into office, if you do think there will be an attempt on his life.

No.

tomahawk kid
11-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Had a similiar conversation with my family from Mid-MO.

It's like they all EXPECT it, which is somewhat disturbing to me.

BIG_DADDY
11-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Had a similiar conversation with my family from Mid-MO.

It's like they all EXPECT it, which is somewhat disturbing to me.

Yea but whatever you do don't mention the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

Mecca
11-04-2008, 02:35 PM
An old lady at my work said something similar just the other day. That rednecks would assassinate Obama if he wins.. then after a pause she added that she might do it herself, and then she made a motion like she was cocking a rifle.

It's still real racist behind closed doors in some places here in the US, particularly in the rural areas like this.

Did you say anything to her?

I'd have a really hard time biting my tongue in that situation.

jidar
11-04-2008, 02:37 PM

Nope.
This is work, not a classroom. I just went back to my office and went about my business. Besides I'm not going to change the opinion of some old lady.

BIG_DADDY
11-04-2008, 02:38 PM

At $12 an hour does anyone really care what you think?

Mecca
11-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Nope.
This is work, not a classroom. I just went back to my office and went about my business. Besides I'm not going to change the opinion of some old lady.

I'd have probably said something but I'm young and tend to spout off.

FishingRod
11-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Someone attempting to assassinate the president is not what you would call an uncommon thing.

Just off the top of my head it happened twice with Ford, Once with Regan, I think someone crashed a plane into the Whitehouse lawn and another took some shots at the Whitehouse with Clinton. It is a very real threat with any president. Add in the fact that Obama is what many of us would consider a radical of the left and a Black Man.

An attempt is a very real possibility and would be a very bad thing for this country. Doubly so if it were to succeed and the killer was white.

Mecca

I dunno does anyone care what some tard who posts threads about killing the president thinks?

El Jefe

That is true, It obviously is a real factor that very well could happen. I think you would have to either be in denial or ignorant to honestly think it could not happen. America is chalked full of idiots, racists, killers etc etc. America is not much of America anymore.

Mecca
11-04-2008, 02:41 PM
It's a real factor with every president...so far the only people that have brought it up here are people that are so opposed to him the threads are in the vain of them wishing it would happen without them saying as much because they are to pussy to go that far.

ClevelandBronco
11-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Someone attempting to assonate the president...

I must have read the OP incorrectly.

At any rate, I'd expect Sen. Obama to "assonate" us if he became president, not the other way around.

tomahawk kid
11-04-2008, 02:44 PM

I'm wasn't advocating not talking about it.

But it was the EXPECTATION that a successful assasination was imminent that disturbed me.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-04-2008, 02:45 PM
It'd take a pretty smart redneck to actually succeed in the attempt. Smart redneck.......Oxymoron?

Mecca
11-04-2008, 02:45 PM

But it was the EXPECTATION that a successful assasination was imminent that disturbed me.

People severely underestimate the secret service...if there was the kind of hate for him people imply it would have already happened.

BIG_DADDY
11-04-2008, 02:46 PM

No most people here are though.

El Jefe
11-04-2008, 02:46 PM
It's a real factor with every president...so far the only people that have brought it up here are people that are so opposed to him the threads are in the vain of them wishing it would happen without them saying as much because they are to pussy to go that far.

Interesting, calling me out without calling me out. Why so passive aggressive? I know Presidents getting death threats and people wanting to assasinate them is nothing new, but a Black/Muslim president would be the first non white (so to speak) President ever, so that changes everything.

Mecca
11-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Interesting, calling me out without calling me out. Why so passive aggressive? I know Presidents getting death threats and people wanting to assasinate them is nothing new, but a Black/Muslim president would be the first non white (so to speak) President ever, so that changes everything.

Not you....you obviously haven't been reading some other threads around here.

El Jefe
11-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Not you....you obviously haven't been reading some other threads around here.

I try to stay away from the DC so I don't read as many threads as I used too.

jAZ
11-04-2008, 02:51 PM
This is what you get when a reasonable adult starts a thread about a difficult topic. Kudos.

Mecca
11-04-2008, 02:53 PM
I try to stay away from the DC so I don't read as many threads as I used too.

Ok just don't take what I said the wrong way, I don't think you're a horrendous person like the people I was referring to.

Hog Farmer
11-04-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm gonna get the popcorn out after the election , thats for sure. This may be entertaining!

Mecca
11-04-2008, 02:54 PM
I'm gonna get the popcorn out after the election , thats for sure. This may be entertaining!

Here's a good example...

BucEyedPea
11-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Then you get Biden. If both get it...then you have Pelosi if the Ds still have a majority.

FishingRod
11-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Assonate LOL

eye kant typee er spel

Cannibal
11-04-2008, 03:03 PM
I also believe there is a good chance that it could happen. They have already thwarted two plots for assassination. I realize that the two plots had a snowballs chance in hell of actually happening considering the level of intellect of the people who plotted. But I think an attempt will be made at some point during his term.

DJJasonp
11-04-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm 38, so I wasnt around for this....but I'd be interested in hearing people's comments if they were around the time of JFK's assasination...

What I mean....and of course, you cant believe everything you see/hear from Oliver Stone's movie....but it made it seem as if - even though JFK was loved by millions...that there was still a pretty staunch anti-JFK group of people in america.

I'm wondering if we're headed towards history repeating itself with Obama? Especially if (when) all of the great promises of utopia he has made - dont come true within the first 60 seconds of his presidency.

I'd be curious to hear from someone who was around (and old enough to remember) JFK's days....

ChiefsCountry
11-04-2008, 03:09 PM
I also believe there is a good chance that it could happen. They have already thwarted two plots for assassination. I realize that the two plots had a snowballs chance in hell of actually happening considering the level of intellect of the people who plotted. But I think an attempt will be made at some point during his term.

I agree with this. Some dumbass will try to pull it off.

Radar Chief
11-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Assonate

Id give her face a five but her ass an eight.

;)

mlyonsd
11-04-2008, 03:13 PM
I'm 38, so I wasnt around for this....but I'd be interested in hearing people's comments if they were around the time of JFK's assasination...

What I mean....and of course, you cant believe everything you see/hear from Oliver Stone's movie....but it made it seem as if - even though JFK was loved by millions...that there was still a pretty staunch anti-JFK group of people in america.

I'm wondering if we're headed towards history repeating itself with Obama? Especially if (when) all of the great promises of utopia he has made - dont come true within the first 60 seconds of his presidency.

I'd be curious to hear from someone who was around (and old enough to remember) JFK's days....

The possibility is there for any president. There's always some kook out there no matter what your skin color is.

Baby Lee
11-04-2008, 03:17 PM
That is true, It obviously is a real factor that very well could happen. I think you would have to either be in denial or ignorant to honestly think it could not happen. America is chalked full of idiots, racists, killers etc etc. America is not much of America anymore.

I assure you chocked is a real word.

PhillyChiefFan
11-04-2008, 03:21 PM
The possibility is there for any president. There's always some kook out there no matter what your skin color is.

True. Bush had an attempt on his life too, I believe. Didn't someone throw a hand granade at the podium when he was speaking but it was a dud??

I also wonder how many attempts/foiled attempts have not been released.

RJ
11-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Maybe, maybe not. If it happens it will likely come from a John Hinckley type, just a random nut who sneaks through some cracks. All presidents run that risk, though I think Obama by virtue of his skin color, name and political leanings will create a larger field of potential random nuts if he's elected.

I'll give Obama credit, though. You know he, along with his family, thought this all through before they started and are well aware of the risk he's been taking. I think he's a pretty brave dude.

Otter
11-04-2008, 03:22 PM
No offense, but cut the drama. Bush received more death threats than any other recent president.

"Some dumb white" or some dumb black or some dumb Indian and so on and so forth isn't going to easily get past the Secret Service who by the way has spent a fortune already protecting Obama.

Good Lord.

Obama's a big boy, treat him like one.

|Zach|
11-04-2008, 03:23 PM
It isn't really a concern in my mind.

There are a lot of very smart people who work very hard to protect these folks.

Jilly
11-04-2008, 03:24 PM

He isn't Muslim

Pitt Gorilla
11-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Then you get Biden. If both get it...then you have Pelosi if the Ds still have a majority.I'm not sure that is necessarily the case. Wouldn't Obama and Biden have to go simultaneously (or nearly so) for that to happen? If not, the current or new President could appoint a new VP. At least, I think that's the case.

El Jefe
11-04-2008, 03:27 PM
It isn't really a concern in my mind.

There are a lot of very smart people who work very hard to protect these folks.

There are a lot of very smart criminals too.

Iowanian
There is a distinct difference between believing someone could be in danger of assassination and wishing/hoping/wanting it to happen.

All it takes is one motivated asshole to do horrible things.

Bush had plenty of threats on his life, including from large hate groups and foreign leaders.

|Zach|

Maybe you underestimate the brain power of the general public?

I mean, hey...you think Barack Obama is a muslim.

El Jefe
11-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Maybe you underestimate the brain power of the general public?

I mean, hey...you think Barack Obama is a muslim.

Well hey with a name like Barack Hussein Obama, any smart person would think of him as a typical White American right? Get off your soapbox dude, and come back down to reality. I know two people in the secret service asshat, so I know they prepare for this stuff, does that mean it can't happen? Geesh you should stay away from the DC when your on your period.

|Zach|
11-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Get off your soapbox dude, and come back down to reality. I know two people in the secret service asshat, so I know they prepare for this stuff, does that mean it can't happen? Geesh you should stay away from the DC when your on your period.

I am not saying it CAN'T happen. Why do you feel a need to literally make things up.

I have said it is not a concern to me.

Well hey with a name like Barack Hussein Obama, any smart person would think of him as a typical White American right?

"How do you make the logical leap from Name doesn't make a person sound like a white American" to "He is a Muslim"

Why are you grasping at straws?

Brack Obama is not a muslim.

Jilly
11-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Well hey with a name like Barack Hussein Obama, any smart person would think of him as a typical White American right? Get off your soapbox dude, and come back down to reality. I know two people in the secret service asshat, so I know they prepare for this stuff, does that mean it can't happen? Geesh you should stay away from the DC when your on your period.

WHY are homophones so hard for some people??

triple
11-04-2008, 04:13 PM
like some retarded redneck could pull it off :rolleyes:

ClevelandBronco
11-04-2008, 04:15 PM
WHY are homophones so hard for some people??

I don't care what makes homophobes hard.

It really doesn't matter what turns these kinds of people on. Why would anyone care?

Oh. Homophones?

Nevermind.

Otter
11-04-2008, 04:31 PM

Very smart criminals are usually out to get rich. Murdering the president of the United States isn't a very lucrative offer for anyone but martyrs.

The end result isn't going to be living out your life on a beach flirting with the local native girls. This is THE crime. To quote Marcellus:

"I'm prepared to scour the earth for that mother ****er. if butch goes to indo-china, I want a ****a hiding in a bowl of rice ready to pop a cap in his ass!"

Nightwish
11-04-2008, 04:39 PM
If someone does make an attempt on his life, it won't surprise me. Once you become "Leader of the Free World," you automatically get a big target on your back. And if there's something about you - your religion, your politics, your race, your gender - that doesn't sit well with the comfortably WASP mindset - that target begins to glow like a neon sign. If Hillary had gotten the nomination, it wouldn't surprise me to see her get shot at either. Or Mitt Romney.

Duck Dog
11-04-2008, 04:47 PM
I hear this every day. If it were going to happen, it would have happened while he was walking around out in the open.

The man does not deserve the martyrdom earned by MLK.

Duck Dog
11-04-2008, 04:48 PM
like some retarded redneck could pull it off :rolleyes:

Or an intelligent one.

whatsmynameagain
11-04-2008, 04:54 PM

spoken like a true retard (that means republican).

TinyEvel
11-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Someone attempting to assassinate the president is not what you would call an uncommon thing.

Just off the top of my head it happened twice with Ford, Once with Regan, I think someone crashed a plane into the Whitehouse lawn and another took some shots at the Whitehouse with Clinton. It is a very real threat with any president. Add in the fact that Obama is what many of us would consider a radical of the left and a Black Man.

An attempt is a very real possibility and would be a very bad thing for this country. Doubly so if it were to succeed and the killer was white.

I just really cannot understand why W hasn't had attempts on his life. If anyone deserved it, he does.

Not that anyone deserves it. And if someone takes out BO for racist reasons (or any reason) it will send a message to the entire world that we are a nation of f*ckups. It will give the international community a reason to say that freedom and diplomacy do not work. And that we are no nation to police the world (not that we should be) when we can't even stamp out such a toxic level of hate in our own country.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Or an intelligent one.

Do you think that an intelligent person could pull this off?

I do.

I hope to God it doesn't happen because it would be absolutely devastating to our country.

I can understand that people will be upset if their candidate of choice lost.

But murdering any elected official, especially the POTUS, is just not justifiable in any way, shape or form.

HemiEd
11-04-2008, 05:19 PM
I had to pick up and drop some kids off that come to our Church for a youth night every wednesday, and they aren't our normal youth kids.

Are they a day early this week?

BucEyedPea
11-04-2008, 05:21 PM
If someone does make an attempt on his life, it won't surprise me. Once you become "Leader of the Free World," you automatically get a big target on your back. And if there's something about you - your religion, your politics, your race, your gender - that doesn't sit well with the comfortably WASP mindset - that target begins to glow like a neon sign. If Hillary had gotten the nomination, it wouldn't surprise me to see her get shot at either. Or Mitt Romney.

I read Bush had some attempts on his life too.

HemiEd
11-04-2008, 05:24 PM

I was in 8th grade Government class when it happened. I was not aware of any hatred towards him, it was a total shock to me. Devastating.

Rain Man
11-04-2008, 08:14 PM
There are attempts on every president's life. With 300 million people, there are enough loonies out there that some of them will get a gun. Hopefully the media won't cover any attempts as if they're solely race-based, because there are plots to kill EVERY president.

JBucc
11-04-2008, 08:24 PM
I know a lot of rednecks that are pretty good shots. They're patient too. Can sit in the woods for hours not moving an inch, just waiting for an unsuspecting president to creep by.

Iowanian
11-04-2008, 08:27 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Presidential_assassination_attempts

[edit] George W. Bush

[edit] First assassination attempt
February 7, 2001: While President George W. Bush was occupied in the White House Residence, Washington, DC, Robert Pickett, standing outside the perimeter fence, discharged a number of shots from a weapon in the direction of the White House. Eileen O'Connor, CNN Correspondent, reported: 'the U.S. Park Police said that the type of handgun that was – that was confiscated, if it was an unobstructed view to the White House, could – a bullet could have reached the White House. But there are a lot of trees, a lot of bushes between this sidewalk, where the suspect was, Robert Pickett, and the White House, so that there was obstructions, mainly trees and bushes'[18]. Following a standoff of about ten minutes, the incident ended when a Secret Service officer shot Pickett, resulting in an injury which required hospital surgery. Pickett was found to have a history of emotional problems and employment grievances. Lacking conclusive evidence that Mr. Bush was a personal target (although the accused had indeed written to the President on the subject of his grievances), a court in July 2001 sentenced Pickett to three years in jail in connection with the incident.[19]

[edit] Second assassination attempt
May 10, 2005: While President George W. Bush was giving a speech in the Freedom Square in Tbilisi, Georgia, Vladimir Arutyunian threw a live Soviet-made RGD-5 hand grenade towards the podium where he was standing and where Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili and their two wives and officials were seated. The grenade was live and had its pin pulled, but did not explode because a red tartan handkerchief wrapped tightly around the grenade kept the firing pin from deploying quickly enough. [20]

Arutyunian was arrested in July 2005, and killed an Interior Ministry agent while resisting arrest. He was convicted in January 2006, and was given a life sentence.[21][22]

stevieray
11-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Sirhan Sirhan and Lee Harvey Oswald were closet scholars....:rolleyes:

I really hope it doesn't happen.