PDA

View Full Version : General Politics They way it is and will be

FishingRod
11-04-2008, 02:26 PM
It has been asked if there will be a Honeymoon between the Reps and Dems.

After the election there will be a very short period that the Republicans (like the Democrats did) temporally talk of nonpartisanship. This will be lip service. In the event of a national catastrophe then they (like the Democrats) rally around the president until such time they decide there will not be an excessive backlash from the American public, and then do everything in their power to make the president appear inept, out of touch and a failure in every way.

What reason would "anyone" have to think Washington was now going to be a kinder gentler place?

The Democrats will have 2 years to convince the public they are heading in the right direction before the Republicans have a chance to win back the house and restore some balance of power between the two parties. McCain ran a lousy campaign. The Democrats tried briefly to do as they normally do and form a circular firing squad while Hillary and Obama fought it out but pulled it together. To their credit they picked a candidate who unlike Kerry and Gore was a good enough speech reader that he sounded like he at least believed what he was reading. I mean really how much work did it really take to find not one but 2 candidates with less speaking ability then Dubya?
This time they picked appearance over substance and by doing so appear to have won this race. My only hope is that Obama is far more pragmatic than I believe him to be. The Presidency is one tough crappy Job that I wouldn't want.

StcChief
11-04-2008, 03:21 PM
they don't have 2 years with a likely large majority.

Calcountry
11-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Osama Hussein is going to have his work cut out for him instituting "fundamental Change to America".

Marxism, that's the change we need.

FishingRod
11-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Do you think they have more or less time?