PDA

View Full Version : General Politics I can't believe America has just committed suicide...

mikey23545
11-04-2008, 07:54 PM
We have probably just seen the last of free elections in this country, I guess...

Certainly all dissenting voices will be silenced over the next few years (in the name of "fairness"), and certainly the state will grow in power and scope to a point unprecedented in American history. Soon our youth will be serving in the Obama Youth Corps, and the Pledge of Allegiance to Barack
will echo through school hallways every morning. Using the lapdog media and the internet, messages of compliance will permeate our culture, all in the name of the collective good.

I fear the future.

Sully
11-04-2008, 07:56 PM
ROFL

Mizzou_8541
11-04-2008, 07:57 PM
We have probably just seen the last of free elections in this country, I guess...

Certainly all dissenting voices will be silenced over the next few years (in the name of "fairness"), and certainly the state will grow in power and scope to a point unprecedented in American history. Soon our youth will be serving in the Obama Youth Corps, and the Pledge of Allegiance to Barack
will echo through school hallways every morning. Using the lapdog media and the internet, messages of compliance will permeate our culture, all in the name of the collective good.

I fear the future.

Come on bro. tonight is a perfect example of how strong the two-party system is. Make the best of the situation.

kstater
I can't believe they haven't found the gunman from the grassy knoll.

Mecca
This is about as good as his posts in the football side of the forum...

Robo-Chachi
Hi, you're a f*cking moron.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-04-2008, 07:58 PM
You poor, poor fuckers who have been brainwashed for so long by the fear mongering G.O.P. I really feel for you guys. I swear to Gawd I do..............

Mecca
11-04-2008, 07:58 PM
You poor, poor fuckers who have been brainwashed for so long by the fear mongering G.O.P. I really feel for you guys. I swear to Gawd I do..............

Only republicans are americans!

Robo-Chachi
11-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Certainly all dissenting voices will be silenced over the next few years (in the name of "fairness")

Again, where have you people been the last 8 years?

Basileus777
I for one welcome our new Muslim, communist, terrorist overlords. I eagerly anticipate having my guns confiscated, my farm collectivized, and my church closed down.

NewChief
ROFL ROFL ROFL

kcfanintitanhell
ROFL

Ultra Peanut
11-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Go eat a dick, mikey-bot.

http://i35.tinypic.com/20uriwj.png

Mizzou_8541
11-04-2008, 08:00 PM
You poor, poor ****ers who have been brainwashed for so long by the fear mongering G.O.P. I really feel for you guys. I swear to Gawd I do..............

I am a Republican and our party really missed the boat when we decided that fear is the best way to win an election. I yearn for the party that ushered in the the Civil Rights Bill of 1964 (I was born in '77)

Mr. Flopnuts
11-04-2008, 08:01 PM
I am a Republican and our party really missed the boat when we decided that fear is the best way to win an election. I yearn for the party that ushered in the the Civil Rights Bill of 1964 (I was born in '77)

I leaned much farther Republican when I was a kid. It got ruined in 88 with the first Bush, and completely slaughtered with the second coming. I, too, was born in 77.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a political activist ever. But I grew up loving Ronald and everything the party stood for. Smaller government has always been a priority for me. Unfortunately we completely deregulated the financial sector and greed ruled the day. If the kids can't play nice on their own, rules must be established. It's unfortunate, but at this point, a necessity.

splatbass
11-04-2008, 08:02 PM

I fear the future.

I get it, you're joking. :D Very funny. Because if you were serious it would mean you are batshit crazy.

Dick Bull
11-04-2008, 08:02 PM
I know how you feel.

I felt that way in 04.

Mizzou_8541
11-04-2008, 08:03 PM
I leaned much farther Republican when I was a kid. It got ruined in 88 with the first Bush, and completely slaughtered with the second coming. I, too, was born in 77.

I am still dealing with a bout of arrested development from 99-2007 (Marine Corps) but it just seems my party has strayed so far from what its' root are

Pitt Gorilla
11-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Leave. Nobody is forcing you to stay.

Mizzou_8541
11-04-2008, 08:06 PM

Who...?

Pitt Gorilla
11-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Who...?The OP. CERTAINLY, not an upstanding Mizzou fan. You will always be a brother!

kcfanintitanhell
11-04-2008, 08:09 PM
I am a Republican and our party really missed the boat when we decided that fear is the best way to win an election. I yearn for the party that ushered in the the Civil Rights Bill of 1964 (I was born in '77)I
I would hope your party will figure out in the not too distant future, for your longevity, to lose your fringe whackos out there (and in here). I was a Republican at one time, but not since '88. Like I said in a previous post, there are some people in the Grand Old Party that would not accept some of the people that are posing here as Republicans that were spewing out some of the horrible shit that I was reading.
Good luck.

Saulbadguy
11-04-2008, 08:10 PM
We feared for the future in 2004 - gee, seems we were right.

|Zach|
11-04-2008, 08:10 PM

PM Big Daddy for assistance if you want to cower in some other country.

Taco John
11-04-2008, 08:13 PM
I fear the future.

I can relate. This is exactly how I felt when GWB got elected.

mikey23545
11-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Today's Voting Will Be by Secret Ballot. Will Tomorrow's?

By Bret Jacobson, OpEd Contributor
- 11/4/08
Hundreds of candidates are running for federal office. When the polls close tonight, more than a hundred million Americans will have voted, all by secret ballots.

But thanks to many of the very politicians running in today’s election, millions of today’s voters could lose their right to a secret ballot in the workplace tomorrow.

It’s cynical, even by political standards, for candidates to accept today’s private votes if they support the Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA) — a one-bill union bailout for decades of corruption, ineptitude, and insulation from true competition.

Facing a decades-long decline in union membership, labor executives have crafted this law to strip working Americans of the right to cast a private ballot in workplace elections, as they decide whether to join a union. In place of an election, EFCA would impose a petition-like system already proven susceptible to coercion.

In other words, those loveable, incorruptible Teamsters can solicit employees’ support for an organizing drive in front of their peers and continue harassing them until they sign a card. Once enough employees have signed the card, the union automatically “represents” everyone.

Of course, one can hardly blame the unions for seeking this grotesque bailout, which would send millions of Americans into a union they may not want (or even know about until their dues are sent off to Washington, D.C.). It’s much easier to seek a government bailout than to reform their business model to actually serve the needs of workers.

Union officials figured out that you can’t fight City Hall, but you can buy it. Labor officers have spent hundreds of millions of dollars on this election, with EFCA as their top litmus test.

It’s get on board or get run over. If EFCA passes, their investment will have a high return: added control over a teetering economy, plus millions of new union members paying billions of dues dollars.

That’s the politics, but what about policy?

Secret ballot elections are a cornerstone of our democracy. Ending them is panned by nearly everyone. Voters in federal elections get a private vote for a reason: It’s not good for people when those with power over our lives get the ability to track and punish us based on our civic beliefs.

When it comes to choosing a union, the Supreme Court has weighed in, recognizing the superior nature of a private vote. Even union officials seem to recognize that elections are a better way to go. After all, they conduct elections when their own employees want to form a union and they demand elections when employees try to get rid of one.

Perhaps the greatest hypocrisy lies on Capitol Hill. Even EFCA’s own author in the House of Representatives, Rep. George Miller, D-CA, favors secret ballot elections for Mexican workers. Apparently they deserve basic workplace protections, but Americans do not.

While too many politicians have offered up the secret ballot on the altar of union dollars, a few have stood strong. California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who fought a similar union attempt to end secret ballots for workers in his state, last week questioned Sen. Barack Obama’s support for EFCA.

<b>“So, Senator Obama, explain to me, how can you deny Americans the right to vote by secret ballot?” he asked. “We all know that, on November 4, we all step into that voting booth, and we draw the curtain, and we all vote secretly. So, why would you deny this voting secretly to the workers of America? That is the question I have for Senator Obama.”</b>

Sadly, it’s a question that ought to be posed to more of our nation’s politicians pandering for secret ballot votes on the one hand and preparing to shred workplace ballots with the other.

Bret Jacobson is founder and president of Maverick Strategies LLC, a research and communications firm serving business and free-market think tanks.

Nightwish
11-04-2008, 08:15 PM

I fear the future.
Boo!

Captain Obvious
11-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Drama queen.

Mizzou_8541
11-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Today's Voting Will Be by Secret Ballot. Will Tomorrow's?

By Bret Jacobson, OpEd Contributor
- 11/4/08
Hundreds of candidates are running for federal office. When the polls close tonight, more than a hundred million Americans will have voted, all by secret ballots.

But thanks to many of the very politicians running in today’s election, millions of today’s voters could lose their right to a secret ballot in the workplace tomorrow.

It’s cynical, even by political standards, for candidates to accept today’s private votes if they support the Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA) — a one-bill union bailout for decades of corruption, ineptitude, and insulation from true competition.

Facing a decades-long decline in union membership, labor executives have crafted this law to strip working Americans of the right to cast a private ballot in workplace elections, as they decide whether to join a union. In place of an election, EFCA would impose a petition-like system already proven susceptible to coercion.

In other words, those loveable, incorruptible Teamsters can solicit employees’ support for an organizing drive in front of their peers and continue harassing them until they sign a card. Once enough employees have signed the card, the union automatically “represents” everyone.

Of course, one can hardly blame the unions for seeking this grotesque bailout, which would send millions of Americans into a union they may not want (or even know about until their dues are sent off to Washington, D.C.). It’s much easier to seek a government bailout than to reform their business model to actually serve the needs of workers.

Union officials figured out that you can’t fight City Hall, but you can buy it. Labor officers have spent hundreds of millions of dollars on this election, with EFCA as their top litmus test.

It’s get on board or get run over. If EFCA passes, their investment will have a high return: added control over a teetering economy, plus millions of new union members paying billions of dues dollars.

That’s the politics, but what about policy?

Secret ballot elections are a cornerstone of our democracy. Ending them is panned by nearly everyone. Voters in federal elections get a private vote for a reason: It’s not good for people when those with power over our lives get the ability to track and punish us based on our civic beliefs.

When it comes to choosing a union, the Supreme Court has weighed in, recognizing the superior nature of a private vote. Even union officials seem to recognize that elections are a better way to go. After all, they conduct elections when their own employees want to form a union and they demand elections when employees try to get rid of one.

Perhaps the greatest hypocrisy lies on Capitol Hill. Even EFCA’s own author in the House of Representatives, Rep. George Miller, D-CA, favors secret ballot elections for Mexican workers. Apparently they deserve basic workplace protections, but Americans do not.

While too many politicians have offered up the secret ballot on the altar of union dollars, a few have stood strong. California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who fought a similar union attempt to end secret ballots for workers in his state, last week questioned Sen. Barack Obama’s support for EFCA.

<b>“So, Senator Obama, explain to me, how can you deny Americans the right to vote by secret ballot?” he asked. “We all know that, on November 4, we all step into that voting booth, and we draw the curtain, and we all vote secretly. So, why would you deny this voting secretly to the workers of America? That is the question I have for Senator Obama.”</b>

Sadly, it’s a question that ought to be posed to more of our nation’s politicians pandering for secret ballot votes on the one hand and preparing to shred workplace ballots with the other.

Bret Jacobson is founder and president of Maverick Strategies LLC, a research and communications firm serving business and free-market think tanks.

I didn't read anything except for the headline and by-line.

FAIL.

patteeu
11-04-2008, 08:37 PM

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a political activist ever. But I grew up loving Ronald and everything the party stood for. Smaller government has always been a priority for me. Unfortunately we completely deregulated the financial sector and greed ruled the day. If the kids can't play nice on their own, rules must be established. It's unfortunate, but at this point, a necessity.

Your Republican lean was ruined when you were 11? :rolleyes:

Mizzou_8541
11-04-2008, 08:39 PM
The OP. CERTAINLY, not an upstanding Mizzou fan. You will always be a brother!

Forgive my n00bness. Who is OP?

patteeu
11-04-2008, 08:43 PM
We've survived challenges before, Mikey. Don't despair. I don't think the country is finished just yet.

patteeu
11-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Forgive my n00bness. Who is OP?

He's talking about the Original Poster, i.e. mikey23545

Nightwish
11-04-2008, 08:44 PM
We've survived challenges before, Mikey. Don't despair. I don't think the country is finished just yet.
Agreed. We survived Bush/Cheney, after all. If we weathered that, we can survive anything.

Tiger's Fan
11-04-2008, 08:48 PM

Thats some damn funny shit right there. ROFL

warrior
11-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Agreed. We survived Bush/Cheney, after all. If we weathered that, we can survive anything.

True that. :rolleyes:

whatsmynameagain
11-04-2008, 08:54 PM
BIG GIRLS, THEY DONT CRY, THEY DONT CRY, BIG GIRLS, THEY DONT CRY YAI YAI, THEY DONT CRYYYYYYYYYYYY..........

I could be wrong

ClevelandBronco
11-04-2008, 08:56 PM

I fear the future.

That might be a bit over the top, Mikey.

Amnorix
11-04-2008, 09:17 PM

I fear the future.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

BigChiefFan
11-04-2008, 09:24 PM
McCain just took the high road, maybe you sour grapers could learn a thing or two from him.

Mizzou_8541
11-04-2008, 09:30 PM
McCain just took the high road, maybe you sour grapers could learn a thing or two from him.

I already respected him, but after that he just rose big time in my opinion.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2008, 09:34 PM
I already respected him, but after that he just rose big time in my opinion.I've always respected him as well. I didn't like his campaign, but he definitely is just as American as all the rest of us. His speech took some fortitude. Mucho respect for McCain.

ClevelandBronco
11-04-2008, 09:37 PM
...he definitely is just as American as all the rest of us...

No, he's much more of an American than some are.

Mecca
11-04-2008, 09:39 PM
I do have some respect for McCain giving a unity speech in concession he showed much more class than many of his supporters.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2008, 09:41 PM
No, he's much more of an American than some are. Sorry, they are all EQUAL according to the CONSTITUTION, but your bias is showing-you might want to have that looked at.

ClevelandBronco
11-04-2008, 09:42 PM
I do have some respect for McCain giving a unity speech in concession he showed much more class than many of his supporters.

Good point. We'll be attacking from day 1.

badgirl
11-04-2008, 09:43 PM

I fear the future.

Bullshit.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Good point. We'll be attacking from day 1.
And we'll be IGNORING you all this time around. The boy who cried wolf...

ClevelandBronco
11-04-2008, 09:55 PM
And we'll be IGNORING you all this time around. The boy who cried wolf...

Who is "we?"

BigChiefFan
11-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Who is "we?"
It ain't you and that's all you need to know.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-04-2008, 09:58 PM

No. I was raised a Republican. I hated the Clinton years. Hated them vehemently. I voted for Dole in 96 in my first election. I voted for W. in 2000. Voted against him in 04, and loathe him and the entire party in 08. I guess I worded that wrong.

What it comes down to for me is that there are a very small minority of people who have way too much control over our money. And bet your ass I consider it to be OUR money. There was a time when I believed that our most successful citizens would do the right thing. They would make sure to "spread the wealth" around to the people who made that money for them, ensuring that every American who is willing to work for it would share in it's prosperity. Let the free market decide.

The last 8 years have shown me something. It's shown me that when opportunity provides itself, there are a large portion of people in power that will fuck anyone over for a dollar with little regard to the effect it has on that individual and their families, thereby the effect it has on entire communities. They'll do this all the while they have more money than they, or their entire family will ever need. Greed.

There was a time when this country lived by the mantra of "I am my brother's keeper." and that brother was every single man, woman, or child born in America. Somewhere, sometime, in some way that changed. We stopped worrying about anything but ourselves. Wherever, whenever, however that was, the idea of a completely "free market" died. Once we as a society realized that there were no repercussions to fucking people over, we all became fucked.

It's time for change. It's time to set some guidelines as to what labor, and production for the average American worker is really worth. Unions negotiate those percentages for their members all the time. It would appear the rest of us are ready to jump on that bandwagon, whereas we didn't feel it quite so necessary just a few years ago.

I know there is going to be a lot more government that I'm not going to be a fan of in the years to come, but unfortunately if that's what is required to provide an acceptable standard of living for the average American worker, then I'll make the sacrifice in order to be my brother's keeper.

Dave Lane
11-04-2008, 09:59 PM

I fear the future.

You really are an alien aren't you?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-04-2008, 10:00 PM

I fear the future.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u159/robrabies/motivator9493920.jpg?t=1225861210

xbarretx
11-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Go eat a dick, mikey-bot.

http://i35.tinypic.com/20uriwj.png

http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/unicorn_power.jpg

Taco John
11-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Good God, I have slept one hour of sleep in the last 36 hours, and I've got another marathon night ahead of me. Hope I can last.

Fish
11-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Yes we did.

xbarretx
11-04-2008, 10:15 PM
:clap:

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2008, 10:16 PM
No, he's much more of an American than some are.

If he were 62, this might have been a completely different election year.

McCain is and will alway be an American Badass.

munkey
11-04-2008, 10:16 PM
No. I was raised a Republican. I hated the Clinton years. Hated them vehemently. I voted for Dole in 96 in my first election. I voted for W. in 2000. Voted against him in 04, and loathe him and the entire party in 08. I guess I worded that wrong.

What it comes down to for me is that there are a very small minority of people who have way too much control over our money. And bet your ass I consider it to be OUR money. There was a time when I believed that our most successful citizens would do the right thing. They would make sure to "spread the wealth" around to the people who made that money for them, ensuring that every American who is willing to work for it would share in it's prosperity. Let the free market decide.

The last 8 years have shown me something. It's shown me that when opportunity provides itself, there are a large portion of people in power that will **** anyone over for a dollar with little regard to the effect it has on that individual and their families, thereby the effect it has on entire communities. They'll do this all the while they have more money than they, or their entire family will ever need. Greed.

There was a time when this country lived by the mantra of "I am my brother's keeper." and that brother was every single man, woman, or child born in America. Somewhere, sometime, in some way that changed. We stopped worrying about anything but ourselves. Wherever, whenever, however that was, the idea of a completely "free market" died. Once we as a society realized that there were no repercussions to ****ing people over, we all became ****ed.

It's time for change. It's time to set some guidelines as to what labor, and production for the average American worker is really worth. Unions negotiate those percentages for their members all the time. It would appear the rest of us are ready to jump on that bandwagon, whereas we didn't feel it quite so necessary just a few years ago.

I know there is going to be a lot more government that I'm not going to be a fan of in the years to come, but unfortunately if that's what is required to provide an acceptable standard of living for the average American worker, then I'll make the sacrifice in order to be my brother's keeper.

I agree...lived through both and understand what your saying. BUT I don't think nor will I ever believe ONE man can change jack shit regardless of his party lines. The 50's have come and gone...If Barac can change anything regarding the "average" worker in this country I'll eat crow.

Ain't gonna happen...

Ari Chi3fs
11-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Blame Will.I.Am, Oprah and the Obama Crush girl.

SNR
11-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Republicans said this in 92 when Clinton was elected. He served two terms.

Only NOW are we turning into communist russia? :spock:

BucEyedPea
11-04-2008, 10:33 PM

We did not. They repealed some regs but re-regulated other areas.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-04-2008, 10:34 PM
I agree...lived through both and understand what your saying. BUT I don't think nor will I ever believe ONE man can change jack shit regardless of his party lines. The 50's have come and gone...If Barac can change anything regarding the "average" worker in this country I'll eat crow.

Ain't gonna happen...

And if he doesn't, you can serve me up mine.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-04-2008, 10:35 PM
We did not. They repealed some regs but re-regulated other areas.

It didn't work. Period. And it was proven long before the "meltdown". That's my opinion.

BucEyedPea
11-04-2008, 10:38 PM

The last 8 years have shown me something. It's shown me that when opportunity provides itself, there are a large portion of people in power that will **** anyone over for a dollar with little regard to the effect it has on that individual and their families, thereby the effect it has on entire communities. They'll do this all the while they have more money than they, or their entire family will ever need. Greed.

There was a time when this country lived by the mantra of "I am my brother's keeper." and that brother was every single man, woman, or child born in America. Somewhere, sometime, in some way that changed. We stopped worrying about anything but ourselves. Wherever, whenever, however that was, the idea of a completely "free market" died. Once we as a society realized that there were no repercussions to ****ing people over, we all became ****ed.

So you bought the left, the msm's propaganda on this stuff 'eh?

I'd like you to take a look at articles on this over at www.mises.org and lewrockwell.com. The Independent Institute and the Foundation of Economic Education for a different point of view over the two offered on the networks, msm and politicians needing something to run on to gain power...'er I mean the one view...not two. There's actually a third pov.
If you're a RR guy, you owe it to yourself to check this out.

irishjayhawk
11-04-2008, 10:42 PM
So you bought the left, the msm's propaganda on this stuff 'eh?

I'd like you to take a look at articles on this over at www.mises.org and lewrockwell.com. The Independent Institute and the Foundation of Economic Education for a different point of view over the two offered on the networks, msm and politicians needing something to run on to gain power...'er I mean the one view...not two. There's actually a third pov.
If you're a RR guy, you owe it to yourself to check this out.

And you call people out for being partisan.

BucEyedPea
11-04-2008, 10:42 PM
It didn't work. Period. And it was proven long before the "meltdown". That's my opinion.

What does "it" refer to?

Do you know there were people in congress who predicted this exact meltdown....with more to come if mishandled? Tried to pass legislation to get it under control before too late. You need more facts to round out what you hear in the press.

Further, it's also exaggerated so the same folks you vilify are being able to bail
their buddies and selves out. So they exploited it by using fear. Don't fall for the same thing twice. This can be over with sooner or later. Take your choice. Because govt does not have magical powers to change natural economic laws.

banyon
11-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Your tears taste very sweet.

KC2004
11-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Republicans said this in 92 when Clinton was elected. He served two terms.

Only NOW are we turning into communist russia? :spock:

In God we trust. yeah that just got shucked out the fuckin window.

Pablo
11-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Your tears taste very sweet.El oh el.

They're barackolicious.

Mr Luzcious
If America has committed suicide, it was in passing the bailout. Not this.

irishjayhawk
In God we trust. yeah that just got shucked out the ****in window.

Good.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2008, 10:50 PM
If America has committed suicide, it was in passing the bailout. Not this.True. Good post.

BucEyedPea
11-04-2008, 10:53 PM
If America has committed suicide, it was in passing the bailout. Not this.

Amen! :clap: Another one of those bi-partisan deals that are so good because enough agree.

BigRedChief
11-04-2008, 11:25 PM

I fear the future.
http://www.forumspile.com/Stop-Being_a_dumbass.jpg

T-post Tom
11-04-2008, 11:39 PM

I fear the future.

With paranoid delusions like that, you should fear the future.

patteeu
11-05-2008, 07:04 AM

You seem to be turning a blind eye to the greed of people who think that they are owed a certain standard of living whether they've earned it or not.

It's ludicrous to look at the standard of living of America's working class poor and conclude that they've been ****ed over, especially if you compare their situation to that of working class people in many 3rd world countries. American workers live pretty high on the hog.

Programmer
11-05-2008, 07:17 AM

I fear the future.

I will bet that we hear about the desire to remove term limits for the presidency within just a few months. Any bets?

Programmer
11-05-2008, 07:21 AM
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Have some more koolaid. You bought a piece of shit, now you will find out that it is actually shit and start complaining.

You are truly sickening. If you see Obama as the saviour of the country you might be woefully disappointed when socialism makes it appearance.

BTW, where do I get in line to have my mortgage paid off and where are the free gas lines?

Saulbadguy
11-05-2008, 07:26 AM
Have some more koolaid. You bought a piece of shit, now you will find out that it is actually shit and start complaining.

You are truly sickening. If you see Obama as the saviour of the country you might be woefully disappointed when socialism makes it appearance.

BTW, where do I get in line to have my mortgage paid off and where are the free gas lines?

ROFLROFLROFL

dirk digler
11-05-2008, 07:28 AM
No one can bitch about the country committing suicide when we elected Bush for 2 terms. The guy was a complete and total disaster and will go down as one of the worst POTUS

mlyonsd
11-05-2008, 07:39 AM
You seem to be turning a blind eye to the greed of people who think that they are owed a certain standard of living whether they've earned it or not.

It's ludicrous to look at the standard of living of America's working class poor and conclude that they've been ****ed over, especially if you compare their situation to that of working class people in many 3rd world countries. American workers live pretty high on the hog.

Everyone deserves a 66" flat screen and a mortgage they'll get bailed out on.

Pitt Gorilla
11-05-2008, 07:40 AM
BTW, where do I get in line to have my mortgage paid off and where are the free gas lines?Obama promised those things? Link?

Donger
11-05-2008, 07:43 AM
Meh. I thought the same thing when Clinton was elected. Didn't happen. Obama may be more radical/left than Clinton was, however, and he's going to have a willing congress.

We'll see.

HemiEd
11-05-2008, 07:47 AM
Unfortunately we completely deregulated the financial sector and greed ruled the day.

ROFLROFL You might want to check the events of 99. ROFLROFL

BigCatDaddy
11-05-2008, 07:48 AM
Meh. I thought the same thing when Clinton was elected. Didn't happen. Obama may be more radical/left than Clinton was, however, and he's going to have a willing congress.

We'll see.

The question is "Who really is Obama?". Is he the liberal his voting record and affiliations lend credit to, or is he the centrist he ran as in the GE?. I'm hoping the latter, but I don't know if anyone really knows. Pretty scary.

Donger
11-05-2008, 07:49 AM
The question is "Who really is Obama?". Is the liberal his voting record and affiliations lend credit to, or is he the centrist he ran as in the GE?. I'm hoping the latter, but I don't know if anyone really knows. Pretty scary.

As I said, we'll see.

tiptap
11-05-2008, 07:58 AM
The question is "Who really is Obama?". Is he the liberal his voting record and affiliations lend credit to, or is he the centrist he ran as in the GE?. I'm hoping the latter, but I don't know if anyone really knows. Pretty scary.

What constituency are you representing. The central theme is that Obama has tried to minimize division. You can't do that by being dictatorial. Those on the left see that as exactly what we got with Bush. The Democrats were shut out as much as possible. I don't see Obama being philosophically wanting that. And he is less an expedient and more of a philosophical man.

BigCatDaddy
11-05-2008, 08:00 AM
What constituency are you representing. The central theme is that Obama has tried to minimize division. You can't do that by being dictatorial. Those on the left see that as exactly what we got with Bush. The Democrats were shut out as much as possible. I don't see Obama being philosophically wanting that. And he is less an expedient and more of a philosophical man.

I hope so, although his voting records and postions tell a different story. Like Donger said, we will have to wait and see, who he really is.

dirk digler
11-05-2008, 08:01 AM

I always point people back to when he ran the Law Review at Harvard. He ran it in the dead center and garnered huge praise from both conservatives and liberals.

Being in Congress and a state Senator is alot different especially a junior Senator because the majority leaders tell you how to vote on alot of issues and you are expected to tow the line.

tooge
11-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Bring it on Biatch. I've got my guns, ammo, and plenty of crap and knowledge to survive. I'm starting my hunkering down plan as of today.

BigCatDaddy
11-05-2008, 08:05 AM
I always point people back to when he ran the Law Review at Harvard. He ran it in the dead center and garnered huge praise from both conservatives and liberals.

Being in Congress and a state Senator is alot different especially a junior Senator because the majority leaders tell you how to vote on alot of issues and you are expected to tow the line.

Yeah, the black guy always on the O'reilly factor says the same thing. I can't think of his name, but you know the guy. I hope you are both right.

splatbass
11-05-2008, 08:06 AM
Bring it on Biatch. I've got my guns, ammo, and plenty of crap and knowledge to survive. I'm starting my hunkering down plan as of today.

Drama queen.

tiptap
11-05-2008, 08:08 AM
I hope so, although his voting records and postions tell a different story. Like Donger said, we will have to wait and see, who he really is.

That is why I said look at his constituency. Before he represented an opposition to the Iraq War. That alone puts you as liberal in vote when the opposition has control of agenda to put votes on Congressional Record.

Add in to this that Pelosi was not voted Speaker based upon the liberal wing but the incoming centrist Democrats of 2006. Those Democrats won in Republican locations by being centrists. Pelosi owes them, not the left as much.

Pitt Gorilla
11-05-2008, 08:08 AM
Bring it on Biatch. I've got my guns, ammo, and plenty of crap and knowledge to survive. I'm starting my hunkering down plan as of today.That sounds sane.

BigCatDaddy
11-05-2008, 08:11 AM
That is why I said look at his constituency. Before he represented an opposition to the Iraq War. That alone puts you as liberal in vote when the opposition has control of agenda to put votes on Congressional Record.

Add in to this that Pelosi was not voted Speaker based upon the liberal wing but the incoming centrist Democrats of 2006. Those Democrats won in Republican locations by being centrists. Pelosi owes them, not the left as much.

That still says nothing of the man.

Sully
11-05-2008, 08:11 AM
I will bet that we hear about the desire to remove term limits for the presidency within just a few months. Any bets?

I'm in.
How much?
Let's make this bet happen.

banyon
11-05-2008, 08:13 AM

Things are so sh***y now in this country that our working lower class should just be thankful they don't live in a third world country?

tiptap
11-05-2008, 08:14 AM
That still says nothing of the man.

No I addressed my thinking on that in the earlier part of the thread about Obama being more philosophical. That is a statement about the tempermemt of the man.

Saulbadguy
11-05-2008, 08:14 AM
Things are so sh***y now in this country that our working lower class should just be thankful they don't live in a third world country?

Unbelievable, right? We enjoy our standard of living, and we should not be willing to give it up.

penchief
11-05-2008, 08:19 AM
America has just performed CPR on itself.

patteeu
11-05-2008, 08:21 AM

Life is pretty good in this country even for the least fortunate and the least motivated. You should be as aware as anyone that people are risking their lives to illegally enter this country so that they can get a hand on the bottom rung of our ladder.

BigCatDaddy
11-05-2008, 08:23 AM
No I addressed my thinking on that in the earlier part of the thread about Obama being more philosophical. That is a statement about the tempermemt of the man.

I still have too many questions about his character. I'll give him a pass on the Ayers thing, but the being in Rev Wright's church for as long as he was and hearing what was preached is a major issue with me. If he did it as a political move, that's fine, but if he buys into any of the hate speech Wright preached then I'm very worried. It basically the equivalent of McCain sitting in on KKK meetings for 20 years.

Saulbadguy
Life is pretty good in this country even for the least fortunate and the least motivated. You should be as aware as anyone that people are risking their lives to illegally enter this country so that they can get a hand on the bottom rung of our ladder.

Yeah, and the Chiefs should be happy with Herm Edwards because we could have Mike Martz.

BigCatDaddy

Little early to make that statement isn't it?

Saulbadguy
11-05-2008, 08:25 AM

Disagree. America has just taken a horse laxative.

banyon
11-05-2008, 08:25 AM

ROFL Rep.

penchief
11-05-2008, 08:26 AM
Little early to make that statement isn't it?

I didn't say we were back on our feet. All I said was that we saved ourselves to live another day. We have taken the first step to stop the bleeding. We have changed course. We are no longer under the thumb of the business crooks and war profiteers who have exploited our great nation.

Donger
11-05-2008, 08:27 AM
I didn't say we were back on our feet. All I said was that we saved ourselves to live another day. We have taken the first step to stop the bleeding. We have changed course. We are no longer under the thumb of the business crooks and war profiteers who have exploited our great nation.

You do know that he isn't POTUS yet, right?

banyon
11-05-2008, 08:28 AM

If our country improves its productivity and accumulates more wealth, it is unreasonable for people to think perhaps their lot in life could improve too, even if they aren't at the top?

People are risking their lives to enter this country because theirs is a hell hole. The same thing happens in Europe too, it really doesn't have that much bearing on this discussion.

penchief
11-05-2008, 08:28 AM
You do know that he isn't POTUS yet, right?

Yep. But power is already shifting back to the poeple. An American revival is afoot.

Donger
11-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Yep. But power is already shifting back toward the poeple.

How's that?

BigCatDaddy
11-05-2008, 08:30 AM

We're not?

tiptap
11-05-2008, 08:31 AM
I still have too many questions about his character. I'll give him a pass on the Ayers thing, but the being in Rev Wright's church for as long as he was and hearing what was preached is a major issue with me. If he did it as a political move, that's fine, but if he buys into any of the hate speech Wright preached then I'm very worried. It basically the equivalent of McCain sitting in on KKK meetings for 20 years.

Wright grew up during a time when Blacks where truly disenfranchised by law. Black churches did condemn America was that. And at the same time held the promise of a better state. That Wright intellectual capacity didn't see the transition seen by the younger Obama means that Wright is more like Moses and less like Joshua in crossing Jordan, the finish line, in breaking down those barriers.

Wright embraced the struggle and so his anger in striking the stone. Obama saw milk and honey and that both talked past each other for those years is just a reflection of that divide.

penchief
11-05-2008, 08:31 AM
We're not?

The first stages of shifting power is taking place.

KCJohnny
11-05-2008, 08:32 AM

All the while thousands are getting wounded and killed to bring freedom and human rights to the terrorist saturated Middle East. But please, all you marxists whine about the minimum wage while 18 year olds with more balls than you'll ever possess put you to shame by valiantly fighting for our country's transcendant ideals.

banyon
11-05-2008, 08:34 AM
All the while thousands are getting wounded and killed to bring freedom and human rights to the terrorist saturated Middle East. But please, all you marxists whine about the minimum wage while 18 year olds with more balls than you'll ever possess put you to shame by valiantly fighting for our country's transcendant ideals.

:deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee:

Saulbadguy
11-05-2008, 08:34 AM

So close to melting down...come on Proctor, how can we push you over the edge?

gblowfish
11-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Everybody MUST CONVERT TO ISLAM NOW!!!!!

And oh, if you make over $250,000 a year, you must become a "Double-Muslim."

BigCatDaddy
11-05-2008, 08:36 AM
The first stages of shifting power is taking place.

I hope so.

BigCatDaddy
11-05-2008, 08:40 AM
Wright grew up during a time when Blacks where truly disenfranchised by law. Black churches did condemn America was that. And at the same time held the promise of a better state. That Wright intellectual capacity didn't see the transition seen by the younger Obama means that Wright is more like Moses and less like Joshua in crossing Jordan, the finish line, in breaking down those barriers.

Wright embraced the struggle and so his anger in striking the stone. Obama saw milk and honey and that both talked past each other for those years is just a reflection of that divide.

So you feel Obama holds no ill feelings toward the caucasion race at all?

And thanks for addressing these concerns as the legitmate ones they are and not screaming "Racist" or giving the line "What does one's pastor of 20 years have to do with what he believes?". We are far apart politically, but I have respect for someone that deals with actual issues such as this for what they are.

penchief
11-05-2008, 08:44 AM

Take your fascist rants and shove them. This is a proud day for America. Anyone who didn't feel pride and patriotism from witnessing both McCain's and Obama's speeches last night is nothing more than a partisan.

You, HypocriteJohnny, are a partisan ideologue who places your political orthodoxy before your country.

Douche Baggins
11-05-2008, 08:44 AM
Everybody MUST CONVERT TO ISLAM NOW!!!!!

And oh, if you make over $250,000 a year, you must become a "Double-Muslim."

I wouldn't mind converting to Islam. I'd probably make some new friends. Plus there's the kama sutra.

banyon
11-05-2008, 08:47 AM
I wouldn't mind converting to Islam. I'd probably make some new friends. Plus there's the kama sutra.

That's Hindu doofus.

Saulbadguy
11-05-2008, 08:48 AM

No more pork.

Douche Baggins
11-05-2008, 08:50 AM
No more pork.

I can't remember the last time I had bacon. I don't miss it.

dirk digler
11-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Yep. But power is already shifting back to the poeple. An American revival is afoot.

This is what I am counting on.

Saulbadguy
I can't remember the last time I had bacon. I don't miss it.

Ramadan would be a bitch, too.

dirk digler

And thanks for addressing these concerns as the legitmate ones they are and not screaming "Racist" or giving the line "What does one's pastor of 20 years have to do with what he believes?". We are far apart politically, but I have respect for someone that deals with actual issues such as this for what they are.

Then he would have ill feelings about his mom and grandparents right?

patteeu
11-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Yeah, and the Chiefs should be happy with Herm Edwards because we could have Mike Martz.

Better analogy: Chiefs fans should be happy with the Hunt family's ownership because a marginal city like Kansas City is lucky to have such a stable professional sports franchise over such a long period that puts contenders on the field as frequently as they do. Particularly in light of the fact that the Hunts aren't even from Kansas City.

Saulbadguy
11-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Better analogy: Chiefs fans should be happy with the Hunt family's ownership because a marginal city like Kansas City is lucky to have such a stable professional sports franchise over such a long period that puts contenders on the field as frequently as they do. Particularly in light of the fact that the Hunts aren't even from Kansas City.

Sorry, that makes no sense.

dirk digler
11-05-2008, 08:58 AM

If making the playoffs 2 years out of 10 is frequent I would like to know what infrequent is.

banyon
11-05-2008, 09:00 AM

Basically, sports fans have no right to be dissatisfied with ownership, management, or coaching ever.

Super.

patteeu
11-05-2008, 09:04 AM
If our country improves its productivity and accumulates more wealth, it is unreasonable for people to think perhaps their lot in life could improve too, even if they aren't at the top?

People are risking their lives to enter this country because theirs is a hell hole. The same thing happens in Europe too, it really doesn't have that much bearing on this discussion.

To the extent that raw labor is the source of those improvements in productivity, the laborers *are* rewarded. To the extent that those increases in productivity are due to smart people "at the top" making a better tool or building better infrastructure or providing better training opportunities, not so much.

patteeu
11-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Basically, sports fans have no right to be dissatisfied with ownership, management, or coaching ever.

Super.

Whatever your complaint about Clark Hunt, it's nothing compared to what St. Louis fans or Baltimore fans had to deal with in Bill Bidwell and Robert Irsay.

BigCatDaddy
11-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Then he would have ill feelings about his mom and grandparents right?

I believe he stated he did at one time in his book.

tiptap
11-05-2008, 09:53 AM

I imagine he sees first his mother and grandparents when he sees someone white. I imagine he sees first his wife and children when he sees someone black. What comes after that is judgment of the particular situation.

Mizzou_8541
11-05-2008, 09:59 AM

Unfortunately, you are exactly right. (Unfortunate that some of his supporters acted like that.)

gblowfish
11-05-2008, 10:07 AM
No more pork.

Yeah, see, I'd have trouble with that right there. No more Gates ribs?
No can do. Have to remain a troubled methodist...

jettio
11-05-2008, 11:52 AM
I would think that Obama will not make any effort at all to revive the fairness doctrine.

Obama supports the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA"), and everybody knows that right wing talk radio accomodates an entire generation of f*ckin' retards.

whoman69
11-05-2008, 01:26 PM

The kama sutra in your hands is about as useful as an advanced calculus book in the hands of a monkey.